I regret making fun of him. Maybe realism wasn't such a bad thing

I regret making fun of him. Maybe realism wasn't such a bad thing

Attached: Taxes.jpg (850x400, 55K)

you faggots do realize he loves LotR to the point where he defines reading it as an extremely definitive moment in his life

POOPOO PEEPEE
ARYA DEFEATS THE WHITE WALKERS
I AM BETTER THAN TOLKIEN

Attached: 1549362169529.jpg (645x729, 124K)

fat
pink
mast

Bruh, proofread your posts

This
Him signalling why his version of fantasy is different isn't a criticism of Tolkien

nothing wrong with what I said past a lack of punctuation

lrn 2 read

wait...did he actually say that? i thought the tax policy thing was a Yea Forums meme...or is this the meme? i can't think straight anymore...

Bruh like i dont even know the usas tax policy like lol

I agree, unironically. I always wanted a fantasy that was more realistic.
how many fantasy stories do we have that are pure fantasy? too much to count

why does everyone get pissed when someone tries to make it realistic
that sets it apart from other series imo.

Attached: vito.jpg (622x353, 15K)

The character of Aragorn reflects one of the aspects of the Christ-archetype (the others being Gandalf, and the Frodo/Sam dyad). Aragorn is the Christ-as-king element, he brings hope to despairing people and groups of people, one of his Elvish names 'Estel' simply meaning 'hope'. He literally descends underground to the land of the dead to redeem the souls of past generations of sinful men. He then emerges in triumph and spreads this triumph to those who themselves are also struggling against darkness. He then goes around the city healing the sick thus fulfilling the historical myths of the local people and confirming himself as king by establishing himself atop the spiritual heirarchy. THIS is the level on which our lad Tolks was operating. Rings is a deeply religious work, a meditation on the conflict between hope and despair in the face of horror and death which takes place in the heart of man, and the resulting spiritual transformations which occur. To refer to 'tax policy' of all things is to completely miss the fucking point by a very wide margin. Grrm is the absolute pinnacle of degenerate uncultured American genetic trash who really needs to appreciate how lucky he got and then shut the fuck up.
>Inb4 lotr isn't an allegory.
Yes, I know. It's MYTHOLOGY. The whole saga is utterly replete with archetypal religious symbolism.
Also I don't watch game of thrones.

Attached: TN-Thus_Came_Aragorn1.jpg (1280x864, 287K)

You said defining twice in one sentence, and the first time it didn't even make any sense

>shits on Tolkien for fantasy tropes
>biggest trope zombie army vs "good" of all time

It's real but it's wasn't meant to be a slight towards Tolkein just him trying to get people to stop comparing the two since they're both successful fantasy authors. It just comes off a bit cunty when you hear it out of context.

Well done, well done, Martin. But what is the linguistic differences between each of the Seven Kingdoms?

Attached: tolkien.jpg (340x277, 26K)

Also the original interview goes more in depth.
He wasn't hating.
I'd barely call ASOIaF fantasy at any rate

he's not shitting on Tolkien if you read the interview

still a stupid quote though

None, they all speak English and given the fact it's a fantasy version of War of the Roses, North is north England, south is south England, Dorne is Mediterranean accented English (for some reason)

The REAL linguistic question is First Men vs Andals vs common tongue as they speak it now. Would actually be a fun exploration if GRRM would get off his fat ass.

I think people just get pissed when realism is treated as a substitute for quality, which is how it feels sometimes.
The protagonist shitting themselves to death from dysentery isn't necessarily a good story, even if it's accurate to how a lot of people would die in those circumstances.

A letter from your doctor sayin' you don't like to suck cock?

Aragorns tax policy was literally in the books
This fat retard cant even read.

George's heart medication. It fucked with his head and made him write about a girl taking a shit.

>Westeros is roughly the size of South America
>Everyone speaks the same language
>There's only two major religions
>There's only three ethnic groups

ASoIaF's worldbuilding is kind of shit desu.

Are you counting Crannogmen as an ethnic group?

its just a meme that is just blown out of proportion and catches visitors from r*ddit off guard. its spammed so much that I guarantee posters in threads are shitposting

Do you really think there would be no linguistic differences between the various regions? No peculiar idioms or slang or pronunciations? Compare how different Pearl is from Canterbury Tales.

I doubt Arya will defeat them in the books. They will die earlier than people expect though, I am sure of that

Do you think we will find out the Night King’s tax policies in the book?

If they are not the big final boss then the story is shit. Every fucking plot point is heading towards an epic final confrontation between the living and the dead, rob us of that and you're a hack.

First Men, Andals, Dornish. I guess Crannogmen could make four.

I imagine the biggest difference would be North vs everyone else vs Dorne, and that's only due to the Andals having more presence everywhere but the North, and then the other fucks whose name I forget moving into Dorne.
Linguistic evolution is all about groups of people impacting an area and either supplanting the tongue or taking it for themselves, in both cases influences of the old one remaining.

Obviously the North must have eventually lost it's tongue in favour of whatever they spoke in the south. I'd imagine perhaps that what is presented as "English" is actually the Andal language, accents varying from place to place.
Of course that doesn't explain Wildlings talking in Westerosi.

This and GRRM doesn't embellish on tax policy either. When he gets the chance through Tyrion's point of view he just throws out "the numbers go here and there too confusing" etc.

Does he explain Daenerys's tax policy?

Pretty sure this is the book's plot.

>There's only three ethnic groups
Aren't there some pretty clear regional differences between people though? They're not explicitly defined as ethnic groups I guess, but it seems like you can easily tell a northerner apart from someone born near King's Landing.

how many ethnic groups were there in South America before they were colonized?

i hope he dies and all his notes go missing.

Don't worry bro, I finish it anyway

Attached: 38550.jpg (200x261, 21K)

He's only 25% Jewish that's why his works are somewhat decent. When you put two full blown kikes in charge... well... we all saw what happens.

>muh languages
>muh alphabets
Grow up

literally gone on record saying he wouldn't accept the offer

Hundreds. With hundreds of languages, grouped into maybe a dozen language families.

He's said all his notes are to be burned when he dies
which is implicit confirmation he'll never write another asoiaf book

STRONK INDEPENDENT WOYMEN