Maisie Williams on that Winterfell battle’s surprise ending

“It was so unbelievably exciting,” she says. “But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them. It has to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”

Attached: images (50).jpg (738x415, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sZnEYtn664
youtube.com/watch?v=_3M0Xt97aFI
youtube.com/watch?v=RfI_mUIvYq8
elitedaily.com/p/is-jaqen-hghar-in-game-of-thrones-season-8-he-was-seen-near-filming-im-screaming-9041032
youtube.com/watch?v=2D__W3yJ3aU
youtu.be/AVpFYDDM36I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>my boyfriend

lucky bastard

>The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them. It has to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.
How is it possible that she understands it better then the writers of the show?

Sauce?

youtube.com/watch?v=8sZnEYtn664

Damn even the actors know that its trash

It's not that it was Arya who killed NK, it was just in the way it was done that made people mad.

>And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”
He was right.

Why isn't she writing the show?

Well, she's right.

based Maisie. It's Maisie Mondays!

>‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’
Fucking based and redpilled. This fucking alpha male absolutely shits on her life's work and then she sucks his dick and takes his load in her weird potato face.

You know its bad when Maisie fucking knows.

But as always they will use the fact that she is a woman to deflect the criticism and say is some kind of sexism.

They been doing this shit forever.

> Make Shitty Movie
> Put Female Leads/Mary Sue
> If you Say is bad you sexist.

Even Maisie knows it's a fucking shit ending objectively and she's only excited because she gets to be the big hero. Obviously she's biased for herself, nothing wrong with that.

But she's got nothing to worries, as legions upon legions of retarded normies only need the most shallow of reasons to love it. To them, she's an icon of a female warrior they've been wanting to see for so long. Storytelling and logic mean nothing to them, only that their fantasy has been fulfilled.

Attached: Gendry.jpg (920x584, 39K)

>100-pound girl
I wonder why she felt it was necessary to mention that

EW

unfortunately she says this next

“When we did the whole bit with Melisandre, I realized the whole scene with [the Red Woman] brings it back to everything I’ve been working for over these past 6 seasons — 4 if you think about it since [Arya] got to the House of Black and White,” Williams says. “It all comes down to this one very moment. It’s also unexpected and that’s what this show does. So then I was like, ‘F—k you Jon, I get it.’”

This. I have no problem with Arya killing NK but it was how she seemed to teleport in from nowhere that got me

You could get a boyfriend too if you tried.

Even better: her fucking boyfriend's for-free knee-jerk reaction is superior to the sense of the extremely well-paid writers.

She doesn't even care. I'm only kinda sad for GRRM they butchered his story.

He should had never sold it beyond the first book.

Yes it is that Arya killed him, stop walking on fucking eggshells. There is no reason for Arya Stark to be the one that kills the Night King, logically or thematically.

Literally all she is is a washout from an overpriced assassin guild that spends most of it's time murdering fat Bravossi merchants. The logical ramification of this "plot twist" is that the only reason the Night King was ever a threat was because in 8000 years of Westeros history no one thought to hire a meme assassin. The wall was unnecessary, the night's watch was unnecessary, the whole social structure of the North was unnecessary, and only existed because everyone was too stupid think to hire a mundane assassin with a novelty knife that's not even that rare.

I don't care that Arya killed the Night King, but couldn't they have let Jon get to the Godswood and fight some of the OTHER White Walkers in the background or some shit?
Maybe distracting the Night Kings and allowing Arya to do her assassination.

Attached: stannis.jpg (890x890, 144K)

Based Masie knows her Tumblr pandering character is trash.

I got no problem with Arya getting the kill, but leaving Jon out of it completely feels kinda shit.

Why was the three eyed raven so concerned with Jon? Why did they even resurrect Jon? Why is the books called A Song of Ice and Fire.

based if true

Wow, I agree. She's cool in my book now.

Stephen Dillane was right to shit on the show way earlier

Bran the builder built a 800 foot tall 300 mile long wall to keep the NK out. Guy should have just invested in some Valyrian Steel.

>not making the wall out of special steel, magic rocks and cumsauce to keep whitey out

Attached: 1522489949430.jpg (574x863, 59K)

NK is fast enough to spin around and catch a girl flying through the air. Too slow to stop a dagger. Also everyone's armor is made out of paper

To me it's the fact it was Arya. The superspeed thing was retarded but she is the assassin in there and on some level it makes sense she would be the one to actually manage to kill the NK by herself without engaging him into a fight.
The problem is Arya has barely anything to do with the Night King plot and even if you stretch it to "she was trained to assassin King and she did" it still destroys a lot of character arcs including hers since it would be way better if she used her skills to kill Cersei.
She's a character driven by vengeance but suddenly she becomes driven by protecting his family the second she's reunited with them? It would be okay if they actually showed some progression towards that but they didn't.
It doesn't even have to be Jon killing the Night King if you want the surprise. Use Theon or Jaime and make them sacrifice their life to redeem themselves. Instead Jaime is still alive and Theon died for absolutely no fucking reason.

>people crying about a grill teleporting behind a dude in a tiny fort
>in a series when entire armies can teleport across the continent
>implying she doesn't have the seed of Robert the Last True King inside her

Attached: xz.jpg (617x567, 17K)

>“It was so unbelievably exciting,” she says. “But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it.

Well, Jon literally DIED in s5 because he was so focused on the white walkers, so yes, he kinda deserved to AT LEAST fight the NK in a 1V1

>But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it
you thought right. top keks at maisie trying to lampshade the audience though

That made me hard.

the episode would have been fine if the nk would have had a sword fight with jon before dying but they cucked out with the necromancy

Alright I'm just gonna flat out say it. That ending was fucking stupid and Jon being distracted by the dragon made no fucking sense.

Underrated. This needs to iterated and reiterated as the ultimate problem with Arya killing the NK

that's not what that means

They should have had Jon have an epic swordfight with the Night King on the battlefield, at least then he would have done something. Instead he just fucked about with the dragon doing nothing.

All true but at the same time it is also in the way it was written. They ignore elements of the world within the scene just to give Arya the kill. The wights, the powers of the white walkers, the Night King's touch.

>tfw you will never hatefuck arya while telling her Jon should have gotten the kill

Attached: whyyyy.gif (500x268, 1023K)

it would be so easy to just have Bran try and mind control nightking so at least he's off balance or distracted for a bit. This would have given Bran an important role, even if shoehorned and tiny.
But nah. She just jumps in out of nowhere and kills him in the faggy Star Wars style.

you can fix it by having a swordfight between Jon and the NK, with Jon struggling to keep up, while we see Arya sneaking and waiting for the right time to jump in and stab the mothefucker.

>100-pound girl

The dragon was between him and Bran. Also they did at least show Jon trying to 1v1 NK even though he failed

If this was truly her destiny, there would have been subtle hints throughout the show/books. But instead they just take the Red Woman's words out of context last minute to pretend that there was "foreshadowing all along!!" Fuck these hacks. And fuck me for actually investing so much into this shit show.

>I'll just go ahead and point out what everyone's thinking, so let's not mention it again
it's exactly what it means though

based boyfriend

something like this

>implying we haven't been complaining for 4 seasons now

Post your face when last scene of the show is Robert Baratheon waking up from a drunken dream surrounded by naked whores.

Attached: okay then.jpg (854x767, 55K)

>100-pound girl

More like 120 lb. Amirite guys

By that reasoning jon killing nk would be "the only reason in 8000 years of westeros history none defeated him is because they werent a cool lucky protagonist with plot armour"
The whole idea that any one man can singlehandedly defeat nk with bravery sits really bad with me
He is immune to dragonfire and has retard strength, reaction speed and is a greenseer-necromancer with millenia of unlife experience, lucky charge by a good man killing such a thing is either pandering or retarded writing
Even jaime killing dani with his retard rush would feel less cheesy than this

-pound girl
>More like 120 lb. Amirite guys
Yeah, and she took all 120 pounds to the face.

>And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”
yeah he was right. based boyfriend

wait is that renowned scifi author Patrick Tomlinson

It's a combination of factors
1) Arya being the one to do it, despite her having zero relevance to the white walker story arc, rather than someone like Jon or Bran or even Sam
2) the manner in which she did it, in an anticlimactic *teleports behind you* OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU! ass-pull
3) the fact that the threat that's been built up over the past 8 seasons as an apocalyptic final-boss-of-westeros gets killed so unceremoniously halfway through the season without even actually having done anything of consequence after crossing the wall
4) the white walker storyline conclusion now meaning that Dany-vs-Cersei is going to be the "final showdown" of GoT, despite that being irrelevant and inconsequential compared to how important defeating NK was supposed to be
5) The fact that we didn't get any juicy details or plot twists about NK or Bran. How did NK know ahead of time that Dany's dragons would be coming and have the trap set up to capture one? What's the deal with NK chasing after Bran? Does he have any motive beyond just wanting everyone dead? None of these things will ever get a satisfying answer now. And Bran is now just the aloof autist who serves no purpose.

Doesn’t matter what anyone but the producers at HBO want and they want only women heroes.

Trip 8s of justice

but the whole episode he should have been commanding troops on the field, not flying around doing fuck all.

He should have kept writing instead of touring to every comiccon in the world to bask in his newfound fame with normies.

The books were only good up to ASOS anyway, so who cares.

Is GRRM ever going to bother finishing the book?

why aren't the Braavosi rulers of Westeros? All it takes is a few water dance lessons and dropping out of faceless man school to become the most dangerous person on the planet who can defeat knights and demigods

Attached: azorahai.jpg (1000x1000, 133K)

Very much this for me. In order for this scene to happen Arya has to
>Run her ass through a goddamn mass of zombies after we saw she had difficulty hiding from shambling ones mere minutes ago
>Run out the completely swarmed castle crawling with zombies that, mere minutes ago, she couldn't avoid and had to be saved from
>Get all the way over to the NK's circle
>Get past this giant ass ring of both zombies and the White Walkers standing there
>Leap her ass ten feet in the air like she was on the moon
>Survive getting grabbed by the NK which should have been instant death
>Have said NK not kill her and instead just stare at her for a bit
>Drop her knife and the guy who could move so fast he turned around and caught both her and her stabbing hand mid flight will do nothing about this
>Have the guy not kill her when she catches the knife because, again, he has the Blue Face of Death for some reason
>The supposedly unstoppable hoard that put all petty politics to shame and would bring about the end of the world is now over because this one villain decided to do everything he can to give this bitch the chance to kill him and she still needed him to freeze up to pull it off.

This is the show that's been praised up and down for bring realistic in character, and hard hitting, and supposedly full of layers. Bullshit, I've seen better writing from cartoons.

>4) the white walker storyline conclusion now meaning that Dany-vs-Cersei is going to be the "final showdown" of GoT, despite that being irrelevant and inconsequential compared to how important defeating NK was supposed to be
so much this, they've appeared even less important than fucking Ramsay Bolton

>spend god knows how much wasted time in that shitty Braavos story arc
>entire point is that she finally becomes a "faceless man" assassin once she finally learns to discard her identity
>immediately afterwards reverts right back into just being "arya stark... but also with super ninja powers"

Attached: pepe come on.jpg (1076x1052, 85K)

I would accept jon somehow killing undead dragon to at least get him something for his dedication for the cause, but he actually did very little in the entire fight, him riding dragon didnt even do much of anything

Absolutely awful. NK is pointless, Bran is pointless, Craster's angle is pointless, CotF are pointless.

Cancel the season and make her the writer.

There are lots and lots of ways it could have been done better really

fucking this. wouldn't the many-faced god be pissed? she took the training and powers only to fuck off and do her own thing?

Attached: 1460411451257.gif (320x320, 657K)

Not it is because it is Arya. It should have been Bran or Jon. Thematically she has no connection whatsoever to the Night King. This wasn't her fight.

Their original plan was to find the NK and 2v1 him. However Dany couldn't bear seeing her Dothraki slaughtered while she stood waiting on some faraway rock, so she took her dragon to fight the wights and Jon followed her.

I just don't fucking care. For the past few seasons, the only thing that mattered regarding the autismfest of who gets to sit in the iron throne has been whether or not this ruler or that ruler would do the best job defending the kingdom against the army of the dead.

And since the dead are now no longer a factor, why should anyone give a single fuck anymore? All the interesting characters are either dead or turned into flat poorly-written characters in order to make others like Dany look better in comparison. I don't give a single fuck about anything left in this shitty fucking show now that the WW conflict is over.

Not even the night king could cool that burn

because he was going after the night king for the entire episode. he used the dragon to pursue the night king and when he lost it, he fucking ran after the night king.

This.
I wanted at least a nive duel with Arya coming out just at the right time and with a absolutely kino moment bewteen her, Jon and NK.

99% of actors are empty vessels, and those who aren't are not paid to tell the showrunners that their show is shit.

Do you think she gets off on having her whole career demeaned while fucking?
>"oh yeah baby, you're the biggest mary sue on the show. your tits looked so fake in your nude scene, yeah, take it on the face baby."

Jaqen is coming for her. I'm sure I saw his face amongst the soldiers at the beginning

they only chose arya because it's an unexpected EBIN TWEST. that's what D&D think this show has always been, just a bunch of twests.

Maybe that article going around by emilia clarke about hating the ending and walking around aimlessly wasn't because of what happened to her character but because even the actors knew how shit it was going to be.

You dipshits are just willfully ignoring that all of the night king's attention was focused on Bran. He thought he won and it left him opened to getting killed by Arya.

What, you think Jon would've been able to fight the night kind, all the other walkers, and all the other undead?

Also
>Didn't use the faceless skills to make herself become a zombie and wander around untouched.

Arya is fiercest craftiest killer in the series, shes been built from the ground up, who else should have killed the night king beside her, only other character i could think of that would make sense would be, although blatantly obvious, Jon Snow.

Based Chad boyfriend. Not some pussy ass basedboy who says "o-of course honey! It's gotta be y-you! y-assss queen!"

>Hiring a swordmaster to play nightking
>dont fight

BRAVO DABID

I'd have been fine if say the Hound, Jamie and Brienne cut their way into the gods wood and fought the other white walkers, which would have explained Arya sneaking through, instead of the nani! Out of nowhere we got.

Common sense

Yeah her being kinda like bran would be much nicer
Then the ending of the two superhuman autists somehow defeating nk would be a much more interesting thing to see

I think it would have been amazing that Arya failed her attack but that Bran would have grabed the knife and stabbed the NK himself.

A demi-gid killed by cripple would have been GRRM-tier shit.

>100 pound girl
maybe kilos

>Episode 3 ends with a literal *teleports behind you*
>Episode 4 starts with *it was a hologram*

At this point I'd welcome it.

Kek, even her bf gets it more than D&D.

>Bran gets touched by the night king in a green dream through his clothing
>leaves a permanent mark
>Arya gets grabbed by the neck with both hands
>not a scratch on her
>mfw

Attached: 1554673080772.png (644x942, 51K)

user, ... you really don't know who the kings and queens get their money from? Do you know what happens if they don't repay the debt?

tbqh I'm most surprised that she has a boyfriend at all. I know that she's probably a "10 in britain" and all that, but goddamn what sort of man would date shrek?

Attached: shrek don't make me snap.jpg (792x520, 70K)

Based

his intention is alright but his performance is subpar to say the least

Never forget D&D's shit writing.

Attached: D&D just forget.webm (853x480, 2.94M)

Arya's arc is dangerous message to young women if she's supposed to be an inspirational character. she didn't spend her entire life training to be a fencer in order to acquire her skills. she took a few lessons that her daddy signed her up for, her teacher died, and then she did shadow fencing every once in a while. That's enough to beat a giant woman who's been swordfighting her entire life in the pursuit of becoming a knight, and defeat a lich king.

she didn't take the faceless men seriously. she complained and questioned their methods the entire time, and ultimately rejected their teachings entirely for her own personal gain. That's enough to infiltrate the ranks of a castle and kill the lord.

the message to young girls who idolize her is
>you can become the greatest in the world if you just dabble in a few skills and think very highly of yourself

Jon is literally Jesus brought back from the dead by GOD to defeat the NK. It would have been more believable.

Yeah that would be interesting at least

STR fags mad that an AGI queen saved the world

How fucking stupid are they

for the last several seasons he's been the main guy pushing the kingdoms to get together and fight the army of the dead. when it finally happened, he was flying a fake looking dragon through a windstorm. it was just a let down for him to have no impact on the battle at all. they should have had him kill the undead dragon, distract the NK for arya to land the killing blow, marshal the remaining troops for a final defense of bran, something.

The whole concept of killing the main villain in a 1v1 with a hero is lame, every major fantasy story knows this. Sauron isn't killed in a swordfight by Aragorn or even a stray dagger strike. Even Voldemort isn't destroyed by Harry Potter in a duel when he forgets to put his guard up. There are always other mechanisms that utilise the fantasy setting. Because otherwise the big magical supervillain is nothing more than a mortal human that could have been killed on countless occasions by some conveniently placed person with a sword.

>You dipshits are just willfully ignoring that all of the night king's attention was focused on Bran.

Which is why he wasn't able to catch her mid flight. Good thing too considering his instant touch of death powers, if he hadn't been so focused on Bran then she would've been grabbed and killed.

OH WAIT.

>What, you think Jon would've been able to fight the night kind, all the other walkers, and all the other undead?

Yeah, that's almost as unrealistic as someone, oh I dunno, just walking through them and then charging their king. Can you imagine how stupid that would have been? Like there's this giant ass ring of zombies and someone makes it through there? Glad the writers aren't compete fucking morons who would think of that ending or some braindead retard who would think it fit.

Imagine.

>Bunch of nobody secondary characters get killed.
>Great cost.

Attached: 1556351004093s.jpg (250x210, 8K)

Shes a legit 8 in UK plus shes rich as fuck

>The absolute good vs evil battle
>Fewer people die than during weddings

>its good because nobody will expect it
its all so tiresome

Attached: 1471972334815.jpg (524x480, 80K)

This shit right here disproves the myth of jewish exceptionalism. These "people" aren't more competent. They're just nepotistic and hire their own, even when they're utterly incompetent at their jobs.

For fucks sake, if only GRRM wasn't such a lazy fatass and actually finished writing his books in time for the show so that they would adapt his material rather than doing their own OC fanfic-tier bullshit

>The fact that we didn't get any juicy details or plot twists about NK or Bran. How did NK know ahead of time that Dany's dragons would be coming and have the trap set up to capture one? What's the deal with NK chasing after Bran? Does he have any motive beyond just wanting everyone dead? None of these things will ever get a satisfying answer now. And Bran is now just the aloof autist who serves no purpose.
You'll get to learn that from the prequel spin offs. Don't forget to subscribe to HBO™ Go™' to watch Game of Thrones®: The Age of Heroes©.

>boyfriend
dropped

We Bleach now!

Attached: 1474348412716.gif (297x168, 1023K)

name this couple

Attached: 1axuzh25yc1y1c2.jpg (454x567, 55K)

She’s also going to kill Cersei. Hers are the green eyes Arya will shut. She probably gets mustered by the mountain for this which incites clegane bowl

hackson actually almost had aragorn duel sauron in ROTK but it was replaced by a troll.

I'm just happy the notion that she was lesbian was utterly taken from LGBT spergs. No based hero for you, faggots. You get the blonde gay boy from the brothel.

>spinoffs
oh sweet jesus, you're probably right. GoT's writing is already capeshit-tier, so now they'll go all the way and adapt it into a never-ending cinematic universe with movies coming out twice a year until the end of time

Attached: sweat.jpg (300x300, 15K)

if she's an 8 then sansa would be like a 22.

>Jon has been built up for 8 fucking seasons
>has been fighting the white walkers longer than any other protagonist
>has been rallying da norf against them for several seasons
>was literally brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light to fight them

LOL IT JUST DIDN'T SEEM RIGHT FOR THIS MOMENT

pic related is unironically the name of the section in which they explain it. these fuckers are even flaunting their hackery

Attached: ASSpull.png (1148x644, 288K)

I don't understand the hate, or how her killing him via surprise doesn't make sense.
Did people forget that she was granted the powers and blessing of the god of Assassinations?

Attached: 1445261824733.png (262x312, 113K)

>RIAN'D

>there are no nepotism in the west
>this

HAHAHA

how the fuck are they still employed, there must be some conspiracy up in HBO

Worse. The spinoffs won't sell and they'll be promptly canceled before any questions can be answered. The fat man will die before finishing his books. We'll never know the answer.

shrek and donkey

it's not that it's impossible, it's that it's bad storytelling, since it came "out of nowhere"

>Lord of Light brings Beric back to save Arya so she can kill the NK
So why did he bring back Jon?

It doesn't make sense because she literally teleports from out of nowhere. And from a narrative structure point of view it should have been Jon or Bran. Arya has no connection to the Others.

>Nobody secondary characters

Careful now user.

Attached: beric.jpg (970x672, 87K)

You forget that men have much lower standards than women do. Also, she's rich and famous.

Yet earlier she wasn't acting as an assassin, but was fighting like a general Dynasty Warriors character.
This is not some human character you should be able to just assassin, in a very stupid way at that. There should have been an actual fight, possible including several people and deaths. Normal people against a beast of nature.

JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO

Nah, thinking back she was prepared and groomed for this role by grrm

>But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it

Shes smarter than the writers

and she literally looks like fucking shrek.
She's a 4/10 by bong standards. 2/10 elsewhere in the world.

>Came out of nowhere
Did you not pick up the foreshadowing of when Melisandre stared long and hard at Arya before the battle and her words to her as Beric was on the grown dying?

This is sadly the case :(

How about we end up with a situation where Reek or Jon is attacking the Night King, a normal battle is still happening around them (I hate that everything stopped for the end scene) and Arya sees one of them about to be attacked and she slips through the battle (reminiscent of when she was slipping through the crowd to see her dad executed, but now she can actually do something about it) and catches the king off guard. Every version I've heard people come up with today I like more than the official one.

whomst who?

you could argue that jon was brought back to orchestrate the whole thing. without them there wouldn't have been anyone rallying to battle at all. jon is the one who brought the armies north. it's not as satisfying as him killing the NK obviously. he should have at least been involved, having him do basically nothing and not be involved in the final confrontation is fucking braindead

>mfw the MGS-tier sequence in the library that looked like it was copied straight from Jurassic Park

Attached: Seinfeld I'm out.gif (295x221, 554K)

she's both

>enemy killed by their own hubris

Yeah we know its called shit writing and its been done a million times before.

you decide

El abominacion and some guy

>even the actors and their boyfriends know the writing is dogshit
Not surprised really

please stop posting

idk, but i'll call him 'notre dame'

I dont get it, its just a webm of a black screen

>years of buildup
>asspull single line 5 minutes before
>lol you just didn't pick up on it
Oh, we picked up on it. It was just bad.

>you can become the greatest in the world if you just dabble in a few skills and think very highly of yourself

Except this is true for women in current year. Or at least the media will meme them that way.

It would be good thematically but similarly plot-twisty in a sense that how would he actually do it?
I mean arya is at least some mysterious power bearer and that could have been played(althought it didnt, thats why its so goddamn underwhelming), jon is just an ok fencer, not the blood dancing dervish like baristan or that meteorsword dude or even twohanded jaime, would nk just conviniently succumb to his power of protagonistship?
Besides introducing last-second superpower like more resurrections because both he and melissandra were pair made by sungod himself, and it would bring lots of implications all of which cant realistically be answered in the 4 more episodes without lots of handwaving

I would bet money that most of the cast and crew fucking hated that subversion of expectations. Maisie hated it, Maisie's boyfriend hated it, Kit hated it, and Emilia was the typical YAAAASSS QUEEN SLAY! D&D would rather have an unsatisfying twist over a satisfying, for most, cliche.

If Dany doesn't reveal that she is pregnant next episode, I fully expect Jon's arc to end with him killing his girlfriend/aunt.

This.

they had no clue arya was going to kill the night king in season 3, that's just pure bullshit. it's just some throw off line that they can make fit fucking anything with blue eyes.

pics or it didn't happen

What surprise ending?

>You will close many eyes, green eyes, brown eyes, BLUE EYES! LIKE THE NIGHT KING! GET IT? WINK WINK
>Runs off into battle
>Isn't seen in the entire lead up to that scene
It was obvious as fuck, and the only way it could have been a surprise is if she had died at that point.

Literally this

after watching the behind the scenes it seems like everyone hated everything about this episode. they hated filming it and they hated what it turned out to be. the only person who genuinely seems like she likes it is emilia, who just also happens to be a total moron

i am quoting the showrunners, did you not read the thread?
see source: youtube.com/watch?v=_3M0Xt97aFI
31:30 onwards

Night King Slayer, Slayer...

A song of ice and fire. Because in the end Jon will lord over an independent north. While Dany gets to rule on the iron throne. Their child will reuinite the kingdoms.

>I fully expect Jon's arc to end with him killing his girlfriend/aunt.
Nope. At first I wasn't sure about this, but now I'm 100% certain that D&D's "yass queen!" shit for Dany is completely genuine. They're going to have her win, she's never going to make a misstep, nothing.

And regarding the NK battle, there are so many better ways they could've handled it without it being cliche. What if Jon won but it actually turned out NK was filling some sort of necessary role for the greater good, and that NK being dead unshackled 3eye-Bran who actually had even worse evil plans or some shit? Just spitballing, but you get the idea. Instead they just go with this elementary-school-tier writing of "and then the good guy epically killed the bad guy and they lived happily ever after". It wasn't at all interesting in the slightest.

lmbo well memed

>Last episode
> Ayra kills cercei
>Jon kills euron
>Fade to black
> Fade in Sam is at the citadel is writing a book
> Jon visits Sam and they go walking in the garden
> Sam talks about how's he is writing a book about the events that took place so they can keep an accurate history
> They start suggesting titles
> Out of nowhere Ayra jumps from behind and Lands on Jon shoulders
>"Why not call it a game of thrones a song of ice and fire"
>Credits

His hands were quite literally full

What the fuck was the point of that whole scene
>we will now show you how she can barely escape a room so she can later wall around 200 zombies and 10 white walkers

But thats actually the whole point - why was it all on bran?
Bran didnt actually do much of anything besides luring him out, making him a self-fulfilling prophecy
If he could wrangle control of undead from him or be genius mastermind at planning and conspiring or some else i would understand, but he is literally only good because his three eyed raven thing which he doesnt use for anything besides scrying, he doesnt even use any of this information for anything
What was the urgency that he himself needed to come close right in the first battle without even making sure everyone was dead?
Its just weird

her boyfriend should write the show

Attached: 1551049785042.gif (487x274, 2.88M)

The drunken Chavs.

This is scary because it can be actually true

False. The green eyes are Littlefinger. Jamie is killing Cersei

>brought back a number of times
>just to get crucified in a hallway

DABID

Attached: dabid.png (847x637, 97K)

Fuck this Aunt right into the pussy.

Even this cringe would have been a better ending
youtube.com/watch?v=RfI_mUIvYq8

Goblin's pussy Slayer

>To them, she's an icon of a female warrior they've been wanting to see for so long.

We see this literally every other week in the theater. We've had like 10 capeshit movies in the last 4 years centered around this concept.

>and, uh, hopefully you forget about the fact that Arya Stark ran out of that castle with the battle drums playing, going towards some purpose, and we don't know what until it happens

>brown eyes, green eyes... and blue eyes xD
>*approving nod*

Attached: 1527387801589.png (1682x929, 786K)

>spend best part of a decade from the very first scene of the first episode building up the Night King
>over the course of all the seasons so far create all these plot threads that tie Jon Snow to the Night King including being fucking resurrected for that specific purpose
>LMAO we wanted to subvert you're expectations and also make Arya a STRONK GURL

Attached: 1527667315231.gif (250x167, 1.21M)

Why didn't they put their superpowered assassin in the godswood in the first place?

kek

like just

i dunno man

reminder that whatever headcanon you come up with would be as bad if not worse than what we saw

reminder grrm only knows how to spin stories off into new stories endlessly by killing off characters and pulling new ones out of a hat, and has no clue how to bring any of this to a satisfying close

I have no idea what they were going for. The fact that the zombies are on MGS guard duty at all amazes me, when they're still in the middle of a huge battle right outside that room vs all the soldiers who are still fighting. If this were hours after the battle was over and everyone was dead and the zombies were just shifting around trying to find the last pockets of living people hidden away, then that'd be one thing, but this is right in the middle of a massive fight and we have silent sneaking in the library? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Shameless ripoff of Battle of Helms Deep with fucking Jedi Rey and the Jurassic Park kitchen scene. With the lights turned off. Jesus what a clusterfuck

>So why did he bring back Jon?

Jon Snow is going to kill Cersei while Jaime yells at the Mountain.

This is how the show works now.

We don't even get to find out WHY NK is so interesting in Bran. I was hoping the'd at least have some sort of interesting conversation and we'd learn about why NK is after Bran, but nope. He just reaches for his sword to kill him, no different than with anyone else that the WWs meet. What even was the point?

western writers honestly need to take notes from the nips on how to manage a huge cast of character arcs and appropriately deal out the right villains for the good guys to kill in these live action animes.

>brown eyes, green eyes... and blue eyes xD
Oh shit! I never even noticed that! how could they write something THAT clever?! OH man, that was a total shocker of a twist!

Attached: hahaha_oh_why.jpg (560x432, 50K)

Truly this is the darkest timeline!

It wasnt even an epic kill for fucks sake

where did she get these magical powers?
was it from her training which consisted of her getting beaten by a stick until she could see then she escapes and gets fatally stabbed that somehow trained her enough to do this?

it just seems like she was a magical badass with no backstory at all

We know that though.
Bran embodies humanities knowledge and killing him will bring the NK closer to his goal of eradicating humanity.
"Being forgotten" is the true death, according to Sam.

to keep this analogy weeb friendly

motherfucker this is as if Cell from DBZ had been hyped up as evil incarnate who's coming to kill everybody for 7 seasons and then when he finally shows up he dies in 1 episode to a ki blast in the back.

>its good because nobody will expect it
>they blatantly tell us previously it will happen in the episode

Would have been a lot better without Melisandre talking to Arya. Also no fucking wind blowing passt the Walker. It can't get more obvious. What king of fucking mouthbreathing retard needs to be told twice SHE IS GOING TO KILL HIM and is still expected to be surprised.

Is it weird that he is prettier than her?

>We don't even get to find out WHY NK is so interesting in Bran
Do you even watch the show?

elitedaily.com/p/is-jaqen-hghar-in-game-of-thrones-season-8-he-was-seen-near-filming-im-screaming-9041032

Well, it's clearly not enough. These people want their entire lifetimes to be filled with this. Got a few more decades to go before people become tired of it.

so he could convince Daenerys to bring back the dragons to the north so the NK could enslave one of them to break the wall and threaten the realms of men with his undead army

Just read through the thread friend.
Then go back to with your low quality bait.

It was in the minds of the YASS QUEEN crowd that GoT now exclusively caters to.

Attached: 1556559668912.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Well, Arya is the 1v1 character while Jon is the Warrior class.
Arya couldn't even get past the room with some undeads without a lot of help while Jon could battle his way through dozens of them alone.

what do you think he's doing now you shit

That's fucking gay and anticlimactic.

Did they seriously just write the white walkers out of the show this off handedly?
Like, for real?

youtube.com/watch?v=2D__W3yJ3aU

So D&D just completely forgot that The Prince That Was Promised was a thing they'd established in previous seasons and were driving towards, right?

It should have been Jon, even if it was "too obvious".

Didn't mind her killing him one bit, but basically ripping off one of the worst and most memed scenes of one of the worst movies of the modern age, TLJ?

Not to mention having a 15 min montage to show how desperate the situation is then one stupid 10 second stab and its done?

Not to mention the entire episode was pants on head retarded.

Eating

>There should have been an actual fight, possible including several people and deaths. Normal people against a beast of nature.

This. A teleportation plus one shot KO belongs in a fucking video game or capeshit film. Killing people like Arya, Dany, Jon, etc would piss off the fandom too much, though. They don't want to risk hurting their bottom line.

Attached: 1424284155394.png (116x123, 24K)

If Theon hadn't sacrificed himself, Bran would probably have been dead long before Arya was going to make it on time

>how far are you guys goin’?
Good to know Gin never stopped being the best character

>my boyfriend

His name? Oh, you wouldn't know him. He's Canadian.

>intelligently done
heh
>‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”
HA!

Dany and Jon
>lets chare the dothraki in and suicide them when their swords light on fire
>we don't know that part about the fire but I like the idea of them charging in to their deaths when the dead get here
>okay
later
>I can't stand by and watch this happen!
>Dany we planned this all out over months rememb-
>Jon, the dead are here
cue dragon fight

pretty sure I saw this knife technique in some other movie but for the life of me I cannot recall

should have been jamie

Arya was already there waiting for the NK to get closer to Bran, she literally let Theon die.

Not evening meming, it's the last jedi

This would been kino, Jon fighting the Night King, getting overwhelmed, then at the right time, Arya stabbing him from behind, sort of how Howland Reed killed Arthur Dayne when Ned lost his sword

Source? Sounds like bullshit considering the movies follow the books pretty close i wouldnt doubt some shit like that in the hobbit though

lampshading is a literary trope and occurs in the text or script itself my dude. it's not an outside comment by an actress post-release.

Last Jedi where they fight Snoke

Star Wars 8: the subvertening

I would have preffered some other characters to do it but I guess you're right

Why is that old man handling that child?

The Eternal Anglo

>copying the teleport behind meme
>copying the last jedi

Attached: teleports-behind-you.png (510x512, 154K)

El Goblino and Diet Ezra Miller

But Wonder Woman worked because she was inspirational, vulnerable, naive, and honest. Her attractiveness was also the icing on the cake.

It actually is. Subpar independent musicians and artists get way more attention and money than they should online because they’re girls.

Far Cry 3 did it first.

Lets be honest here out of 10k anime/manga theres like a one hand worth of those which managed to pull off a satisfying ending to an epic story
Absolute majority are even worse than this

So it only works as a concept if the woman is ugly? That's retarded.

>he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”
Arya btfo

Attached: 1551464817148.jpg (483x597, 68K)

play the webm, user.

To be fair, George RR Martin made the writers guess the ending before they were allowed to make the show. This could very well have been his plan, except the conclusion he would've written actually makes use of some subtle foreshadowing. It might've tied in better.

I just need to believe I read hundreds of pages of Arya's assassin training for a reason.

S U B V E R T E D

>this ending wasn't based and only retarded Yea Forums nerds thing its shit just because they want to see cersai poisining every character in order for it to be "edgy"

The Hunchback + Notredame

A stealthy story is way more appealing if you know what the plan is and what's at stake. If Arya had made it known from the start that she's going to pretend to be a zombie then at least you can build her story around that. Make it a suspenseful episode about how she has to pretend to be a zombie and has to keep changing appearance because she gets caught, 47 style baby. Instead she just appears out of nowhere and delivers the kill to save the day. I don't think Arya delivering the kill is bad, it's just that she did it in what is the most blatant form of deus ex machina we need to kill off the night king but we're not sure how fashion. Really feels like they ran out of budget.

>Dog and Goblin run ahead while Berric has his heroic last stand shot
>Berric somehow teleports right behind them in the next hall despite being crucified and getting stabbed in the leg a bunch just so he can have a sad, slipping away into death spot
this fucking episode, man.

Attached: 7454524521452.jpg (700x482, 57K)

nope it's something else

As much as I don't care about cape shit and have only seen a few, most if not all before the the 2010s, they actually bother to have battles with impact.
Maybe they were so much up their ass with the bad writing, boring dialogues of the last two episodes, that they forgot they need to have an actual battle with a boss character.

WOMEN *CLAP* SUBVERT *CLAP* MEN'S *CLAP* EXPECTATIONS *CLAP*

Attached: 1518330441987.jpg (335x369, 35K)

how do you know she was waiting? it doesn't show, and most likely, she had been on the move ever since she ran out of the room where she talked to melisandre

Jon shoulda killed NK.
Arya shoulda killed Cersei.
Reek shoulda killed Urine.

The only thing he made them guess was who Jon's mother was and all that took to know was looking at the wiki.

They already explained this by having Missandei say Prince is a "gender neutral" term in ancient valeryian

How would you know bruh?
I thought we're all just autists on a Mongolian knitting forum...
complaining about El Goblina killing the Nightking

I fell asleep during the episode yesterday and just finished it now.

I've seen episodes of NCIS with more compelling twists and emotional payoff.

>how do you know she was waiting?
Because it doesn't make sense for her to just run at sanic speed avoiding the white walkers, the faceless assassins can't even do that.

As a pointer towards it possibly being Dany. Arya is disqualified for a bunch of other reasons, not just her being a girl.

Motorboating leftover GoT hoes

Nothing personnel kid type of kill of final boss could be done only if for that one would need some astonishing sacrifice, personal and collective
In fact even if theyd made it more hacky it would be better, like her imporsonating wiegh/ww/bran/crow, just something more than the brave jump charge with like the silliest of knife tricks
Imagine instead of silly trick she just had a second obsidian poity stuff(which lay abundantly around) in her other hand, she could stab him even faster since he grabbed her neck for some reason, and that would be like a simple successful charge of faith by a good dude winning the bad dude, absolutely horrid

damn maisie williams is chill as fuck

And most importantly because bunch of people proven to be useless like brann and his ark, jon pretty much, NK and his elite

>I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it.
well at least the goblin has basic reasoning skills

what a fucking shitshow

Dunno what you wanted.
That part is not what's so bad right now, honestly.

And why would it need to be done so urgently?
There wasnt some timer ticking for him to kill bran or be dead, yet he acted like there was without any reason we know of or can even speculate about

But they subverted expectations

HE'S WRITING OTHER STORIES. DID YOU WANT EXTEND BOOKS ABOUT THE MINOR LORDS OF WESTEROS? NO? WELL THAT'S WHAT YOU GET

not everyone's

Attached: Produce.webm (640x480, 409K)

which one?

>build up Jon to be an impeccable honorable hero over eight seasons
>directly make him the antithesis of the Night King in "Hardhome"
>he spends the entire climax of the battle yelling and hiding behind a wall while someone completely unrelated does his job for him

Attached: all is well.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

Could you imagine?

t. alt shift x

>next ep preview
>Dany: "We have won the great war"
>not a single thing that she, her forces, jon, or any other major character did had any influence on the battle whatsoever
>literally the only 5 people that had anything to do with the outcome are Sandor, Beric, Melisandre, Theon, and Arya
>We

I don't get it, the only thing Dany accomplished in this episode was to LITERALLY pull Jorah in front of a dagger to get him killed.

Not to mention he has done absolutely nothing this episode.

He left his cover and stood up in front of an undead dragon and screamed at it though. So epic.

Probably because she knows how stupid it is that her character is the one that defeats him.

Forget the fire, it was milissandra appearing out of nowhere, they were supposed to charge with just steel swords

> Cor! I stuck him with the pointy end, dineye?

the fuck are you talking about? captain marvel 2 will be the VERY FIRST female led superhero movie we've ever had.

he yelled at an undead dragon

I can't really remembering anything else he did

how would he have written it?

Attached: karl.jpg (500x375, 18K)

now THAT would have been kino

youtu.be/AVpFYDDM36I
10 minutes in. They shot 3 days of Sauron 1v1ing Aragorn before someone pointed out to Jackson how retarded it was.

He literally has no idea, he's a lazy fuck and as soon as he saw the show overtaking him he decided there's no point to write his book.

None of this has any GRRM in it whatsoever, he's just sitting somewhere enjoying his money.

Take a second and think - he asked two random hacks to guess the ending 50,000,000 people have been guessing online and failing to guess. Then they give their first guess and he says its correct. You tell me what's more likely - they are uber geniuses and everyone else is stupid or GRRM just went along with the first thing they said cause he never intended to end it himself anyway.

did anyone not realise it was gonna be Arya by at least the Red Woman's little pep talk? lmao are they retarded?

>takes his load in her weird potato face.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>over a satisfying, for most, cliche.

As if the plucky young girl being trained for next to no time and then suddenly being able to take down the biggest bad hasn't been a cliche since the invention of the YA novel. We've seen this bullshit so often by now an actual straight up epic battle would be fresh.

Everyone here realized. But they think the average viewer is that stupid. And they seem to be right.

Attached: 1532697037489.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

But that's how cell does die. Mr Satan even gets credit.

I don't care, it honestly would have been cool as fuck. In the books Sauron's body is reformed by that point anyway, it would have been pure kino.

>my boyfriend

every fucking time!

Of magic that can instantly freeze someone to death.

But don't think about that, because then this whole thing is the dumbest possible ending they could have done outside of Bran suddenly standing up and gaining blonde hair before blowing him away with an energy beam.

it looked like she stuck the knife in an opening on his armor

The Overpaid Slag & the mighty Underachiever!

>His hands were quite literally full
he only uses one

>Ayo George we where wondering how this all ends so we can write something at least close to faithful
>How about you guys take a guess.
>Hmmm.
>YASS QUEEN SLAY?
>Yep, that's it.
>Make sure to write that check out to "George Martin" please

>Because otherwise the big magical supervillain is nothing more than a mortal human that could have been killed on countless occasions by some conveniently placed person with a sword.
But that is literally what happened to the night king.

Nah nah, the leather his armor was made of came from undead cows, so obviously it was weak against valyrian steel.

But (((they))) actually canonically rule westeros... What organization you think keeps kangs in line when they start getting ideas about not paying their usury bux.

Braavos is the wealthiest and most powerful zone in there.

>This could very well have been his plan
They talk about making Arya the one who kills him after the episode. It wasn't GRRM's idea.

I fully expected the NK to bow to Bran and say "Everything went exactly as you planned, Lord Bloodraven"

That would've been plot twist kino

I like the fight, but the plot was shit and it was too dark.

That would've been nice.
Maybe have The Hound distract the dragon so Arya and Jon can get to NK. Maybe have some fighting between the other WW and some key characters instead of just getting trampled by a horde of skellingtons.

They're happily discussing fantasy cliches in a show which only ever got famous because it broke fantasy cliches apart.

That's staggeringly stupid.

kek, stronk womyn btfo!

I feel like people are missing the fact that Dany and Jon did individually try to take on the NK in the episode. But the episode basically answered why neither of those strategies was going to work when the only thing Dany had going for her was her dragon and its fire was ineffective and the NK was just going to try out for the olympics again ramming an ice javelin into it and in Jon's case the NK is obviously smart and knew Jon could kill him in a straight up fight. So he raised a mob of the undead to put between himself and Jon to outlast him until he could finally kill Bran. Really after both of those things happened my thought was the only thing you could do to NK is take him be surprise by sniping him with a dragonglass arrow or someshit. So Arya teleporting behind him for the kill makes sense to me as one of the only ways he could have been taken out. A one on one final fight with Jon was more telegraphed but the NK is a better strategist than everyone else at Winterfell apparently and just wouldn't have allowed that to happen in the first place.

Even then something still has to be going on with Bran warging into ravens for the entire battle. I don't think the White Walker plotline is entirely finished.

Attached: 576e4b324b984703790c93c89c017d2ee9328eadcb6461927273775457ce44e3-1-1556497102.jpg (3733x2100, 317K)

Probably would have had clive warren play jon snow.

Suaron was killed by a normal mortal human being with a sword.

It just took another 3000years for the ring to fall into mt doom.

He's rich and he's about to die so no.

kek best one

I hate this scene but don't just lie about what happened in it

Attached: 1556509108590.webm (660x372, 2.06M)

Yeah right around the time Miura finishes Berserk and Togashi finishes HunterXHunter.

who fucking knows?

>at great cost
>wasn't even the full power of westeroth
>barely any characters died

>I don't think the WW plotline is entirely finished.

Oh my sweet summer child... the literal best you could hope for at this point is the series ending with the creation of another NK

It's almost as if the only way to beat a character with an 8000 year legacy of power is with a god like character. Maybe some prophecy requiring a tremendous act of bravery. Maybe this character would need to survive several tests, perhaps, idk, get killed and resurrected or something.

Then maybe you have this massive coordinated effort, with him at the heart of it, and in the final moment he summons an all powerful weapon with the blood of his loved one to finally defeat an enemy he was literally born to fight.

Idk that's how I'd do it but I'm not like a rich hollywood producer.

GRRM is also a dumb and lazy Jew, bruv.

He'll probably announce the next book when it turns out that the season finale sucks so people will forget about the show and cling to the hope that the book won't suck.

I think that's literally all that keeps normies going, watching the show for the closure. Everyone that still semi-likes this show still has that hope that the ending will somehow manage to tie up the story nicely. It won't.

Attached: nintendo switch.jpg (344x509, 21K)

bran tell them an ancient forgotten ritual that summon the ghost of ned stark to duel the night king

It's what they literally say in the show, based speedwatcher.

>I like the fight
Which part?

The siege equipment on the front lines?
Only firing the catapults once?
The barricade behind the troops?
Suiciding cavalry for no reason?
Archers doing dick until the very end?
Expecting dragons to set a barricade on fire?
Everyone wearing paper mache armor?

God I'm probably forgetting another few dozen things. The fight was dogshit.

>catches her but doesn't use her momentum against her to give bran a whiplash

>people are unironically happy with this

In the books he is corporeal but weak as fuck. Merry could have 1v1'd him.

true but he didn't find out he was part kike until recently, so it's not like jewish nepotism is the reason he got ahead in life.

It was still shit.

I can write out 10 better endings that ALL end in Arya killing him, not because I'm some smart guy but because it was so bad:
>scene where Arya is about to die
>cut away
>shorter fucking desperation scene
>cut to NK walking to bran and killing theon
>one of the wights behind him walks up and stabs him in the back
>Arya takes off the face of the wight

Or whatever, i don't know, but the scene was still stupid. It didn't help that the battle had 50 really, really stupid moments:
>giant is crushing lyanna mormont while she has a weapon in her hand
>conveniently picks her up and carries her to his eye despite being dead and having no care (inb4 curiosity)
>the most retarded cavalry charge in history
>dead take 3 hours to start throwing themselves on a tiny fire
>no killing holes in a castle that would have easily allowed to kill the dead forming a ladder
>for some reason fight outside castle despite this being combat where the enemy doesn't actually form ranks or have archers or anything
>fire used in the stupidest way possible
I can go on

I did. Are you honestly suggesting that Sam's retarded explanation of 'wiping out human's history' is THAT fucking important, that he opens himself up so much that he gets himself killed? Nothing about the NK was overconfidence, everything was calculated and calm, like a machine. He could've just waited until literally everyone was dead, or even let a random zombie kill him.

There must be more to it than that, otherwise it's just plain stupid.

How is he fast enough to turn around and grab her by the throat but not quick enough to just let go when she drops the dagger?

GRRM doesn't give a shit at this point. He said it himself that he considers it fan fiction.

I'm not even mad it's Arya that struck the killing blow, but the way they did it jesus FUCKING christ.

Why would he write the last book??

I doubt he'll run out of money before he dies of fat

>disproves Jewish exceptionalism

But user, millions and millions of white normies think this is brilliant. Who's more inferior, the person writing the bad story, or the person who thinks it's incredible?

>Suaron was killed by a normal mortal human
He wasn't killed and Isildur was numenorean

>NK is a better strategist than everyone else at Winterfell apparently and just wouldn't have allowed that to happen in the first place.
This is what I liked so much about him. No fucking theatrics, just cool and calculated. Why even risk a 1on1 when you can just raise a thousand zombies? That's why I don't get why he personally went for Bran. Again, there HAS to be more to it.