Why didn't they just go back to the past and bring a Black Widow from another timeline? It worked for Gamora...

Why didn't they just go back to the past and bring a Black Widow from another timeline? It worked for Gamora, despite her also being a Soul Stone sacrifice

Attached: avengers-endgame-poster-square-crop__01.jpg (1092x980, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because ScarJo is a boring piece of trash and they were all too happy to her behind.

don’t talk about scarjo like that

Attached: 728843DE-B58D-40F3-ADAE-477FF681EC67.jpg (706x1024, 402K)

Because that's really stupid op.

Why didn't they just grab the time stone from the past, return to Thanos' garden, and then reverse time on the gauntlet only to a state where the stones still existed?

Because time travel was a stupid idea for a plot.

Attached: 1407290301842.jpg (531x467, 20K)

but gamora isnt back?
thats why thor is going to space

Because kidnapping is bad

this whole movie was so fucking dumb and riddled with plotholes
if thanos used the glove to make sure the gems didnt exist (which isnt possible in comic book canon) then his wish would've removed them from history too, not just the present/future
and surely if he removed them from the present/future, any attempt to bring them FROM the past TO the present would result in them instantly crumbling, because thanos decreed that they cant exist in the current timeline

22 films and they fuck up on the last one

Because that would make absolutely no sense.

Because that would create a new timeline with lot of people grieving for Black Widow.

Imagine not being able to follow a simple plot point explained to you in excess multiple times and still having the gall to call other things dumb.

That's the dumbest thing i saw in a while and I browse Yea Forums daily.

Why didn't they just kill baby Thanos again? They mentioned it

THIS
when they met the sorcerer supreme even said that the stones exist in all timelines. So i dont know

you have 20 hours and a happy meal voucher to help explain why 2014 gamora wasn't snapped away by iron man

time travel wasnt an inherently terrible idea, the problem is they didint really revisit anything interesting.
Going to Vormir is a flashback to a movie thats only a year old. Going to Morag and seeing Star Lord dancing was very brief. The Dark World visit was ok but really the only substantial scene was the 2012 avengers battle in new york. If they had gone back in time and revisted multiple movies it would have been much easier for me to forgive how it all didnt really pan out logically.

because Iron Man wish was to dust all his enemies on the battlefield.

when he was snapping he probably thought something along the lines of "all of the forces of Thanos will be dusted" and since at that point Gamora had betrayed Thanos, even though Tony didnt know, the stones did.

Why didn't he just wish to live too

Wait why did Ironman die? When thanos used the stones the first time he wasn't injured at all, he was only injured the second time when he tried to destroy the stones.

He maybe thought he was gonna survive?

That's stupid because the black widow they take from another time line wouldn't be theirs. How would you feel if someone randomly showed up and took someone that you cared about from you because their version of them died

Thanos is a big guy, Tony is human

because Hulk and Thanos are strong as fuck. Thanos survived 2 snaps but was almost killed and was severely weakened. Hulk was injured by his snap. Tony the human was killed.

if you get rid of something
completely remove it from existence
wipe it from the face of the universe
it cannot exist
you cannot reclaim something that doesnt exist

>it just works
isnt a valid answer

if something doesnt exist
it cant be just un-not-existed

Attached: file.png (688x720, 645K)

The stones exist, they were just reduced to atoms and scrambled around the universe.

Because that would have just resulted in creating an alternate timeline where Thanos didn't exist, and wouldn't fix the timeline they were currently living in.

Different realities you brainlet

because back to the future was bullshit

No, in Infinity War Thanos clicked and was completely unharmed, only in End Game did this "click makes pain"

>completely unharmed
>completely unharmed

Attached: xOVfUxQ.jpg (1690x996, 179K)

You don't get to decide how time travel physics work and then complain about pot holes when the writer uses a different set of time travel physics. There is no right way to do this because time travel has never been done.

This movie was honestly a disaster. It's basically what people expected Infinity War *should* have been: a cluttered mess of too many characters, too many subplots, and a villain no one cares about.

Somehow, despite starting off with LESS characters than IW, and having really only 1 plot for the entire film, there were too many characters and the narrative was incredibly messy. And even more bizarrely, despite the unexpected success of making us *really* care about Thanos as a villain, the whole time travel shenanigans brought him back and we gave even less of a fuck about him than we did before IW.

It's really strange, basically this movie failed in every way that IW was supposed to have failed, despite being setup by IW to *not* fail in specifically those aspects.

The only scenes I actually enjoyed were seeing Tilda Swinton again because she's great, the Hail Hydra scene, and Carol basically doing fuck all during the last fight and still getting shit on by Thanos when it mattered the most. I almost enjoyed the interaction between Wanda and Thanos because I thought she was going to be the key to taking down Thanos (isn't she supposed to be basically a god with her insane powers?) but then it didn't actually turn out to be anything besides a "hey look, it's another character that needs to fight Thanos for 2 minutes, you remember her right? Are you clapping because you recognize [thing]? Are you???"

Thanos was a dumb farmer and soldier. He didn't understand quantum physics that would allow them to travel into the past. The Ancient One said that the infinity stones create the timelines. The stones were created with the big bang at the start of the universe so they're intrinsic parts of every timeline. So you can't erase them from every time line anyways. I'm not even sure how Thanos actually erased them since it's like erasing space or time itself. Maybe they did that on purpose in case they needed them again.

>Poor man's infinity gauntlet
>A fukin' humie

Because he's a mortal. Also stark gaunlet is probably not as good as the dwarf gauntlet

Thank you for your review of the movie.

Thanks, don't forget to like comment and subscribe, and donate to my patreon

because that would mean that Widow is missing from the timeline they took her from. why would she willingly leave?

meanwhile Gamora was with Thanos and Nebula, at a time when assassin bullshit was still her main course and had no feelings.

you fags harp on about how this is such a kids movie but CANT FUCKING USE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CRITICAL THINKING WITH ONE.

I enjoyed the movie but I dislike how Hulk was relegated to comic relief

Carol was already the key to saving Tony, would it have killed them to give Hulk fans a bone and make him go actual comic book angry and punch the shit out of the spaceship? I don't even dislike Carol, but she's basically super man, so not very interesting.

snapping the gems out of existence means they dont exist
you cant suddenly re-exist them in your own timeline

you'd have to hop to a different reality, which they didnt do
they time traveled

except theres exactly 1 way to do it: dont
they say they dont abide by "movie time travel" so they *can* interact with the past, yet they spend the whole time trying to avoid detection in the past?
thats in direct opposition to how they said their timetravel would work

even The Flash timetravel makes more sense than this, and for him it works around slowing down the revolutions of the earth to go back in time

Attached: IT JUST WORKS.gif (512x512, 435K)

exactly
you cant destroy the stones
you cant remove them
because to remove the stones you must also remove the universe from existence

He didn't snap them out of existence, he destroyed them. You can't erase the gems, but you can disintegrate them.

If you shatter a glass in a billion pieces the pieces still exist. You could feasibly get all of them back and remake it.

Congrats on being the first person to actually think about this with your brain. It makes perfect sense why Widow can't be brought back that way: she wouldn't fuck over her timeline just to be alive in another.

>snapping the gems out of existence means they dont exist
>you cant suddenly re-exist them in your own timeline
Did Thanos say he caused them to no longer exist, or that he just destroyed them? There's a difference between simply not existing, and being atomized beyond practical use.

Strange could probably reassemble them if he wanted

He literally says he has "reduced them to atoms".
user is just being dense for the sake of argument.

This would have been a perfect movie for me if they removed captain marvel and the girl power scene and just had the Guardians infiltrate and blow up Thanos's ship

why not just kill baby thanos?

Attached: 1544488901746.jpg (341x500, 16K)

DESTROYING SOMETHING
IS THE SAME AS MAKING IT NOT EXIST

YOU *CAN* SMASH A GLASS AND REFORM IT
BUT YOURE NOT GOING TO FEASIBLY BE ABLE TO
ESPECIALLY IF YOU DESTROYED THE GLASS TODAY
AND DECIDED TO PICK UP THE PIECES OF GLASS DUST NEXT WEEK

WHOOPS
UH OH
ALL THE GLASS DUST IS FUCKING GONE FROM LAST WEEK
BECAUSE IT DOESNT KNOW THAT YOU WANTED TO RE-FORGE THE GLASS TO HAVE A CUP OF ORANGE JUICE THIS MORNING

THATS NOT HOW IT DOESNT WORK
YOU CANT NOT HAVE THE STONES NOT EXIST AND THEN JUST REEXIST IN THE PAST

Attached: IT JUST WORKS 2.gif (512x512, 646K)

All that does is save a branching reality, does fuck all for their universe. They literally explain this in the movie.

implying Great Man Theory

Are you actually this retarded or do you just want to post your epic JoJo pictures?

BECAUSE CHANGING SOMETHING IN THE PAST ONLY CREATE A NEW ALTERNATE TIMELINE AND DOESN'T CHANGE THE PRESENT OF THE MAIN TIMELINE

10000% this or even have the real hulk return n take it out instead of numaleing him in to a beta form

IF SOMETHING DOESNT EXIST
YOU CANT MAKE IT RE-EXIST

Attached: 1495586035399.jpg (435x300, 35K)

Your so fucking stupid holy shit. He reduced them to atoms. They still existed but are in a completely unusable state. Time travel creates a separate branching reality

Yeah that could have worked too. Though I enjoyed professor hulk its odd he never had an actual fight.

Except Cap, who actually changed the present timeline by being alive and old in Timeline 1

>They still existed but are in a completely unusable state

NO THEYRE NOT
THE POINT OF HIM DOING THAT IS SO THEY COULDNT BE USED
THEY DIDNT RECLAIM THE GEMS FROM BEING TINY AND MAKE THEM BIG AGAIN
THEY GOT FULL SIZE GEMS AND USED THEM
THEY DIDNT USE ANT-MAN TECH ON A GEM BECAUSE GEMS ARENT FUCKING HUMANS AND CANT BE GROWN/SHRANK
THATS NOT HOW ROCKS WORK YOU DENSE NIGGERFUCKER

So you're saying if I smashed a glass today, and then time travelled to a week ago, the glass would still be smashed?

But he didn't. He lived his full life in an alternate reality then came back

Are you saying those timelines didn’t exist before? What the fuck. Doesn’t Thanos exist in all those other timelines? Is he going to kill half the universe in all of them too? Do they create all those billions of people just so they can get snapped later??? But who gives a shit about it because it’s not the same universe? Except the one cap is in???

you are so fucking retarded it physically hurts me

no, he created a new timeline
the MCU is now on a different branch of time

he lived it in "The" MCU, changing the current timeline to be a new one and the old one to be the old one

Did the people in the alternate reality get snapped after he left?

You fucking retard, they went into an alternate past reality.

See this you fucking mong
No time travel itself basically creates a separate timeline, because if it doesn't you get a time paradox. They then killed the alternate universe Thanos in the movie.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF WHAT THANOS WAS TRYING TO DO
HIS 2ND SNAP WAS TO MAKE THE GEMS
PAST
PRESENT
AND FUTURE
UNUSABLE
SO NOBODY COULD USE THEM
EVER
EVER AGAIN
EVER BEFORE

THATS WHY THEYRE NOT TIMETRAVELING
THEYRE REALITY-HOPPING
IF THE GEMS DONT EXIST YOU CANT MAKE THEM EXIST WITHOUT MAKING A NEW UNIVERSE WHERE THE GEMS EXIST

Attached: AAAAAAAA.gif (400x400, 557K)

But Thanos also snapped 1/2 of the universe out of existence. Yet, Iron Man snapped them back into existence. So the movie is internally consistent.

Gotta say it’s discouraging to see people say, basically, MCU is a turd but I’m emotionally invested in it so don’t criticize it.

Why didn't hulk just put on the gauntlet again and snap Tony alive? It wouldn't even hurt him since it's such a small wish. Also why did they just sit around staring at him while he died?

Seems more like people are too fucking stupid to understand a basic time travel plot

Because he snapped wanting to anal rape her into existence but died too soon before he could do it

NO ITS NOT BECAUSE HE DIDNT MAKE IT SO THOSE PEOPLE COULDNT NOT BE EXISTED FOR THE REST OF REALITY
THE GEMS WERE SNAPPED TO BE GONE FROM EXISTENCE
THE PEOPLE WERE SNAPPED TO BE GONE FROM CURRENT YEAR

>No time travel itself basically creates a separate timeline, because if it doesn't you get a time paradox. They then killed the alternate universe Thanos in the movie

Then they should just kill baby Thanos or better yet do something actually heroic like save Titan

Most perplexing part of Endgame:
The disease-spreading faggot that Steve had to listen to at his group therapy session was talking about crying over dinner with his latest sexual partner. Was the faggot sad because there were 50% less homosexuals in the world to have anonymous sex with? He will have only 5 no-strings encounters a week instead of 10 or more? Is it really so devastating to have a smaller pool of people to acquire cummies from and form no emotional attachments to? Why is that in real life when a rancid faggot moves to a smaller city, or even a town, he doesn't suffer huge emotional breakdowns over his reduced capacity to chase venereal disease or acquire the GRIDS?
I'm just trying to make some sense. I'm sure if Chris Nolan had directed this, he'd have written Cap into making some sense out of the situation.

Attached: 1549045323377.jpg (606x453, 76K)

They didn't do this because that wouldn't have fixed anything for them

>He lived his full life in an alternate reality then came back
He didn't "come back", he lived a full life in an alternate timeline that played out the same way as his original did. Old Cap at the end was from another timeline who stayed in the past which created a new timeline (the one every MCU movie occurred in). The Cap that traveled back in time at the end to return the stones did the same and created another alternate timeline.

There are now an infinite amount of alternate timelines that play out similar to each other because of the looping factor of each Cap deciding to stay in the past after returning all of the stones.

Didn't hulk snap everyone back into existence and tonys snap killed thanos and his goons

They stole the stones from parallel worlds, dumbass.

there is literally a timeline, where each time cap spunks, the millions of sperm come out in different orders and configurations by that logic

theres also, by that logic, limitless universes where the entire MCU is just 3 hours of farting and scat jokes

>HIS 2ND SNAP WAS TO MAKE THE GEMS
>PAST
>PRESENT
>AND FUTURE
>UNUSABLE
No it wasn't. It was to atomize them so they wouldn't be usable from the present onward. Thanos didn't know anything about time travel being a possibility.

>"we can't bring black widow back from before she an heroed because then we mess up the timeline"
>proceeds to kill GotG Thanos
>There is no thanos in the past now
They just pick and choose when to follow the rules don't they?

But it would fix things for universe A B C and D, which they doomed.

They didn't doom them though, cap brings all their shit back at the end of the movie

What part of the Everett intepretation do you not understand, brainlet?

He had the time stone. Of course his second snap should have been effective through time.

Along with a lot of the other points in this thread, my biggest *no spoiler* complaint is:

I seriously had trouble telling if/when the movie wanted me to take it seriously. For every intriguing or interesting scene, there was one (or more) that completely took me out it.

Attached: 4ABFF63C-F9E7-4694-8FCC-2E273F523BBD.png (200x200, 27K)

What about Loki and the tesseract?
Does that mean there's another timeline where he's still alive and have the tesseract?

Attached: 1556478388457.jpg (720x967, 71K)

But he didn't do anything like that, he just shattered them into atoms. And even doing that almost killed him

And them don’t they get snapped?

Sure, and then the events play out similarly to how they did in the movie. They basically created a fuckton of parallel realities.

>Of course his second snap should have been effective through time.
Why? All he did was break the stone down into tiny, unusable pieces.

TOOT!

So when captain american went back and fugged his oneitis and married her, does that mean all her kids and stuff she had are gone in an alternate timeline, or were they secretly captain americans kids all along and he was just making sure he didn't bump into himself?

Yes

This is the MCU problem. The movies as a whole have no weight or consistency. Nobody cares anymore. We go to them to pee our pants with excitement when the action figures fight.

How can they play out the same way when there was only one universe where they beat Thanos.

>they say they dont abide by "movie time travel" so they *can* interact with the past, yet they spend the whole time trying to avoid detection in the past?
jfc for the ease of the mission

Pretty good observations especially the comparison between Infinity War and Endgame

but action scenes mean absolutely nothing if there is nothing going on outside of them
my friend pointed out that ‘important actions happen in the fights’ but why would I bother paying that close attention when the rest of the film is basically just dialogue?

Well he had the time stone why would he forget about that. He’s Thanos.

You're right, that a considerable oversight

Best guess is that "Oh no, that would mean removing something important" from whichever past they take Widow from, same reason the stones have to be put back where they came from

However, after they won the battle, no one declared that "We need to bring back Thanos, his ship and everyone on it, and put them back in 2014"

>only one universe where they beat Thanos.
Thats not what Strange said. There is only one scenario where they can beat Thanos. Using time travel bullshit to get the stones. Some probably just get snapped, some win. There are infinite variations.

Destroying life vs destroying the very things that control the entire universe.

Removing Thanos is good, removing the stones would lead to shit like the eldritch abominations taking over Earth because there is no sorcerer supreme

I wish there was much more worldbuilding about the post-thanos world. Show me governments trying to keep control, measures they might have taken (for example, moving populations out of cities and into other cities) Show me gangs taking control of the wasteland, show me the Avengers doing vigilante justice, or giving up. There was so much kino available for this film but they went with timey wimey bullshit dude thor is fat haha epic

THIS NIGGA
RIGHT HERE
IS THE ONLY PERSON
THAT UNDERSTANDS
HOW A FUCKING
CLOCK WORKS

WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND
ABOUT THEM NOT EXISTING
EVER
DOESNT MEAN
THEY CAN RE-NOT-UN-EXIST

I think you have a point and agree. I don’t pay attention it at all and am forced to care about these movies because they are a cultural phenomenon. I have no idea how people can be moved to tears by Quip Machine #3 dying.

>go back in time to get pym particles
>go back again 5 minutes earlier and grab them again since it doesn't change future you return to
>have arbitrarily large amount of Pym particles
>go back and get infinity stones
>go back 5 minutes earlier than before and grab them again since the future isn't effected
>infinite infinity stones

Attached: 12345.jpg (227x227, 50K)

They didn't bring Gamora, Gamora came over. I doubt anyone talked to her or Nebula to an extent to figure out "Hey, this is the bitch who died the first time for the stone. Let's just go grab an alternate Widow." which in and of itself is probably a bad idea timestream wise. Who knows what it'll fuck up.

>wall status: hitted

Ironman only destroyed life and got zapped

I have no idea what you're talking about. If Captain America "came back" he would have appeared back on the platform he initially traveled from.

The movie's logic about time travel implies that you can't have a "closed loop" of any kind. If you change something in the past, then it creates a new timeline. Cap decides to stay in the past which creates a new timeline that played out the same way, which is why he knew to be on that bench when the younger Cap traveled back in time. Younger Cap will do the same thing, which will create another timeline that plays out the same way, and at some point in that timeline another younger Cap will go back and stay in the past, and create another new timeline. Repeat this forever.

What's funny about this is that before going back to return the stones Cap talks about "clipping all the branches", but his actions just result in an infinite amount of branches being created. It's harmless, but still amusing.

Why didn't Strange use the time stone to reverse time a little and get Tony back lol???

Because he didn't snap to make them not exist ever you fucking retard he snapped to reduced them to atoms

why?

HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE MISSION EASIER
BY BEING SNEAKY
IF YOURE GONNA HAVE ALL THE STONES
JUST USE THE MINDSTONE TO WIPE THEIR MEMORIES OF YOU TAKING THE STONES
OR JUST USE THE TIMESTONE TO STOP TIME SO YOU CAN TAKE THE REST OF THEM WITHOUT BEING NOTICED

THE TIMESTONE WAS THE EASIEST TO GET AHOLD OF BECUASE THE ANCIENT ONE KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND UNDERSTAND TIME
THERES NO REASON TO NOT BE SNEAKY IF YOU DONT NEED TO

Why is genocide against the chitauri okay? but not against the humans and whatever species gamora is?

Attached: Chitauri.png (1000x563, 914K)

Ironman is a human, Thanos is a fucking alien monster that slaps around gods and the hulk like its nothing

You'd have to replace them retard

IF THEY WERE REDUCE TO ATOMS
THEY WOULD ALWAYS BE ATOMS
IN THE FUTURE
IN THE PRESENT
IN THE PAST
YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO FIND THEM
THEY WOULDNT BE TANGIBLE OBJECT
THEY WOULDNT
PHYSICALLY
EXIST
TO
THE
HUMAN
EYE
OR EVEN
TO THE ANTMAN EYE

Do you suck dicks? she's hot as fuck there and she was beautiful in Endgame.

>THEY WOULD ALWAYS BE ATOMS
>IN THE FUTURE
>IN THE PRESENT
>IN THE PAST
Nothing implies this. If I break a glass mug it still exists it just cannot be used for its intended purpose.

Why would the time stone in particular be unusable in every frame of time when broken down? Just because it has "time" in the name?

she's got the manliest jaw of the whole cast

according to the ((((MCU))))

So they made a timeline where thanos isn't around, not the worst thing that could have happened to a time line. They only really cared about putting the stones back.

>IT
>CANNOT
>BE
>USED
>FOR
>ITS
>INTENDED
>PURPOSES

SO THEN
THE GEMS
CANNOT BE USED
BECAUSE THEY ARENT
TANGIBLE
PHYSICAL
OBJECTS
ANYMORE
BECAUSE THANOS PSEUDO-ERASED THEM

FROM THE PRESENT
FROM THE FUTURE
AND FROM
THE
PAST

Why couldn't he just break all of them except the time stone to avoid any bullshit happening

>I wish there was much more worldbuilding about the post-thanos world
I feel the same way. I would preferred to have gotten a few movies that took place after Thanos won before they released Endgame.

This. For a moment I thought "damn, She Hulk is in this movie too?"

Lol is this guy retard?

ender's game did it

They can do that after Hank Pym's been unsnapped and makes more.

The Chitauri commanded by Thanos are more like droids, just with meat bodies

If there are non-cyborg, non-Thanos-controlled Chitauri somewhere out there, maybe on their home planet, Tony didn't know about them so they probably didn't get dusted

you'd have to use the infinity stones to will every single universe that has the potential to give birth to thanos out of existence

for that you'd literally need beyonder-tier powers, and I doubt he'll ever be introduced to the MCU

When strange uses the time stone is he creating branching universes? When he looks forward in time is he creating a new universe every time? Did he create 14,000,000 universes in one second

Because he thought Tony was annoying.

*gulps*

clearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0

Thor was shit on even harder

because that would undo Tony snap.

>MCU heroes
“we should kill baby Thanos”
>regular heroes
“We should save Titan from destruction, preventing Thanos from going mad”
>true heroes
“I should save the whole universe from the same fate as Titan.”

This is true.

Why didn't Dr. Strange just teleport all those armies to fight Thanos back in Infinity War?

Technically Thanos didn't annihilate the stones, he broke them into atoms and scattered them so they could never be re formed and used again.

>real heroes
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children

Based retard

How was vanilla thanos so powerfull in this fighting all these major players, yet had more trouble with the heroes when he had the stones?

no you dont

Attached: sLe13h3.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

if they cant be reformed or use again, then bringing them back to the current time means they would just instantly designate upon returning to a time-period in which they were removed from

He probably saw that in one of his visions and it didn't work

He didn't have his based glaive. Also wasn't really serious or out to kill them in the first movie like he was in this

So Jem hadar basically

because there was only 1 way that they could defeat thanos
and thats the way we saw it happen

when he fought dormamu there were 3 possible victories of 6 million (iirc the numbers or whatever)
but for endgame, of 14,000,605 possibilities one 1 was successful, so EVERYTHING had to happen in the exact order the film happens, up until the defeat of thanos, for them to win

Basically fuck time travel, it's okay as a premise (BTTF, Terminator) but as a plot device it always just fucks everything up

to find green pusy?

What was fucked?

A continuing magic affect wouldn't keep working if the things that produce said magic are destroyed

It's just part of an overall agenda to normalize/desensitize people to homosexuality. It's not tied into the plot because it's not meant to

>How was vanilla thanos so powerfull in this fighting all these major players
I guess because Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man spent five years doing nothing, and weren't fighting at the top of their game.

sidenote: the entire timeline to defeat thanos bottlenecks down to that one timeline, then it branches out again into endless possibilities, with Cap going back to replace the stones technically being the first 5 new timelines to come from post-thanos MCU Earth-199999

Because they can't pervert the power.

All the dumb paradoxes and plot holes it creates

so the theory of them gems ceasing to exist, is itself, a paradox, as they cannot be "destroyed" if the thing preventing them from "existing" is themself

because he was fighting to kill in Endgame

If a story uses a non linear time travel set up then there is no plot holes

But there aren't any paradoxes, just alternate universes

But Visions stone was destroyed by SW and then Thanos rewound time to get it. Thanos didn't erase the stones from existence, he blew them up like Vis.

They wanted to save the timeline they already lived in. You don't just disappear and reappear as living in the universe without Thanos, you just go back to your timeline where everything still happened because that's the reality you belong to.

It didn't really fuck anything, but it invites a lot of "well why didn't they just do this?"-type questions, that are usually just answered with unsatisfying "well because we needed the movie to work this way"-style answers.

It literally creates a "just turn your brain off and enjoy" kind of narrative, which kinda sucks for a movie that had eleven years of set-up.

like? because almost everything can be explained using their rules of time travel they established.

Exactly, the smarter thing to do would be to have it use 100% of its power being used to basically not do anything else for eternity rendering it useless

but SW isnt the time stone
she doesnt hold dominion over time
she just destroyed *that* stone at *that* moment in time
when thanos destroys the gems *with* the time stone, the time stone itself will inherently destroy itself from all of time, thus removing the rest of the gems from... time... because.... time

if time doesnt exist
then you cannot

imagine being this emotionally invested in capeshit that youre trying to defend its shitty explanation of "it just works"
buyers remorse much?
12 years of your personality you'll never get back

Imagine complaining and nitpicking these movies

Is that the argument you are going with?

Maybe they were too far away. The Dr. Strange vs Thanos fight was on planet Titan.

Imagine being so stupid you can't understand a children's movie

seeth

no u

>give soul gem back
>get Nat back

With Thor, the reason he almost got destroyed was that the axe actually hit him. Here Thor is fatter and slower, and Thanos actually took care no to get hit by that thing since he saw himself get fucking decapitated by it. The fact that a weapon could actually cut him would have probably given him pause, a decapitation means blocking it at all costs.

Then how did Strange and Spider-Man get back from Titan? The Guardian's ship was already gone.

Hulk could have snapped them back to earth

You can't exchange the gem for your previous sacrifice after you already used the gem. That would make the sacrifice itself pointless.

It's like trying to get a refund for a pair of underpants you already shit in.

Is timesupposed to cease if the time stone is broken? I really don't know but if it is, why do the other stones not also remove their basic properties?

will we see more green Zoe bros?!?

Attached: 1486917471075.jpg (657x527, 40K)

yes, in GotG 3

>why do the other stones not also remove their basic properties?
Because then his argument falls apart.

Tom Holland and Harley Keener Ty Simpkins are so handsome.

then all is fine

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 33K)

More importantly, you're setting up some really sophisticated equipment in a seemingly deserted part of the forest. This is real fucking important because if you don't return the stones and hammer you borrowed, you're condemning a bunch of different timelines.
You're all super humans with super keen senses.
No one notices an unknown old man wander over and sit down by the river about 50 yards away from your super important task and go approach him to ask him to leave.

Based selfish Avenger

So Vision was made from a stone he literally had a stone in him and he got jobbed earlier and died easily
Captain Marvel derives all her powers from a stone too, she doesn't even have it in her but she's so OP???

how much boom boom is in this movie? wanna go see it but since the plot is dogshit are the action scenes at least good?

Vision is made with the stone
Danvers is made from the stone

Vision jobbed because he got caught offguard with a special weapon made to fuck him up which limited his powers. It's still a cheap bullshit reason, but that was the reason he jobbed.

Yes there's an ebin scene with Cap in the end

So my theory is that cap went to normal past and stayed there, living low key and telling no one he is real deal. So children of his first love are truly his. So reminder - in civil war he was actualy french kissing his grand daughter.
Jews are degenerates really...

Attached: 1547215024783.png (869x1184, 502K)

The point of the time travel was for Tony, Cap and Thor's character development.
Tony got to talk to his father one last time, Cap got to live a life with Peggy, and Thor got therapy from his mother.
Like you said, the other stuff was kind of pointless.

How did they make their own Infinity gauntlet?

Nanomachines son

Not very well it seems. It really fucked up super durable hulk. Lacked super special dwarf magic from a dying star.

are you retarded?

Attached: file.png (600x470, 149K)

What? Wasn't that blond chick peggy's grand-daughter?

its her great-niece

He didn't wish the stones didn't exist, he reduced them into atoms so that they couldn't be utilised.

If he clips all the branches wouldn't he have to arrest Loki and get the tesseract back?

Just got out of the theater and the movie easily beat my expectations. I knew nothing going in besides various tidbits from the infinity war comics - like Cap using Thors hammer. No joke fell flat I felt and did not take away from the seriousness the movie was aiming for. The time travel aspect caught me off guard but was REALLY well done. Easily one of the best segments of the film. And Captain Marval when she appeared at the start I was like, man she's really dislikable but by the end I had totally forgotten her so when she appeared at the end I was actually okay with it - even if she's got that condescending voice. Her speaking to Peter felt really fake.

Best Marvel movie in years and didn't feel like 3 hours. With it I'm finished with Marvel, it was a good ending. Thor was the highlight. Cap instantly became a favorite after he wielded Mjolnir, fucking awesome sequence.

You've got to stop son, he didn't make them not exist, where on Earth are you getting that from?
He took them from a stone form into a atom form so that their power can't be used by man. The concepts of time, space, power, etc. still existed in the universe.

This is the correct answer.
At the time they needed Vision and Wanda to fuck off because they both were just too powerful. Not enough to manhandle Thanos with the gems, obviously, but enough to make the battle in Wakanda a walk in the park. It's the same reason why aptain Marvewl stayed out of the movie until the last 5 minutes, had she been there from the beggining, she'd single-handedly beat Thanos to a pulp and retreive the gauntlet. No idea why she didn't do that instead of bringing the gauntlet with her so close to him, though.

Still incest, kinda... kinky.

Or use the infinity gauntlet to do more things before returning the gems like save all the people who died and wish for world peace or some hippy shit.

They're infinity stones with presumably infinate power. I'm sure captain marvel and other people could have worn the gauntlet long enough to make some changes.

the stones don't grant wishes retard, they make things happen because each one has an ability, to bend time space or reality. so he essentially tells them what to do. but it's not a wish, he's bending reality to his will.

dubs confirm based thanos. If only they'd had the balls to make thanos want to snap only undesirable unproductive subhuman 'races' and 'groups' who consume resources instead of producing value. if he only wanted to snap them and elderly/terminally ill etc other unproductive members of society then you'd have the best villain.

Attached: atlasfeels.jpg (1383x1600, 358K)

THATS
NOT
HOW
THEY
STONES
WORK
DIPSHIT

Is Gamora even confirmed to have survived this timeline? Quill searching for her in the end implies she got snapped away along with Thanos

she didn't feel anything for him so she just took off i think. she can't get back to the past without a time machine and i don't think tony dusted her.

So it's a technicality then if the outcome is the same.

That's exactly what happened.

Hulk survived with a booboo because he's tough, Tony got killed because he's just a human. He should have been vaporized on the spot though, even half-Celestial Quill had trouble with one stone, but that doesn't make good cinema.

>go back to the alternate timelines to return the stones
>there are now two branches for each of them (one where the stone isn't returned, another where the stone is returned)
BRAVO MCU

what? the point is they don't work at all like user was implying. he just arbitrarily added rules to the stones that aren't at all what they do in the movie.

BASED AS FUCK

>tfw got sad when I saw Thanos ape-soldier crumble to dust alongside his comrades
>didn't flinch when Black Widow died

Why did they even take the soul stone back? What did they do with it, just leave it in a puddle on vormir?

Captain America traveled back to Red Skull and have him the Stone before he became the Gatekeeper

I didn't see Captain Marvel nor do I intend to, does she have any weakness? Or is she just marvel superman?

But why?

so that it's where it needs to be not to fuck up the timeline.

But Cap returning the stones creates yet another timeline.
There's a timeline where they take the stones and fail, so there is no Cap to come back. Those timelines are doomed.

Pretty sure she got resurrected off-screen once Cap has returned Soul gem.

Nah Steve's son is Sam Wilson. That's why he gave him the shield.

But the soul stone exists now, and before it didn't. That timeline is changed. And they already fucked up a timeline by letting Loki get away with the tesseract.

no he's going back to the same timelines to close the loop. he's making it so there was technically no interference. once the difference is gone (when the stone is returned seconds from where it went) there is no difference in that universe and timeline closes.

They just made Loki get away scot-free so he can play in Disney+ show for kids.

Carol one-shots Thanos' battleship and that's about it.

when cap fixes the timeline it doesn't matter that loki took the terrasect, the timeline closes and that all goes away.

IW Thanos is on a mission
ED Thanos is there to kill
Plus Thor was nerfed heavily.

It's pretty light on action actually. The first act is pretty slow, just all the heroes dealing with IW and then getting back together. The second act is pure fanservice as they remix old scenes. The third act is when the action actually picks up.

>Thanos saw his future himself die which fueled him with anger and made the things "personal"
>Thor was nerfed because they realized they made him too powerful in Infinity War
>He was only fighting 3 Avengers at first

The stone isn't destroyed, it was reduced to atoms. Changing the stones form does not change the properties of the stone.
The reality stone was in a liquid form in Thor 2.
The main MCU timeline still has the concept of time, space, etc, it just cannot be utilised by people.
Otherwise we would have seen the dark forces ascend into the MCU and the main timeline would be doomed.

Rogue. But mutants ain't around yet

also he was 5 years out of shape and fucked up from the building falling on them. not peak thor.

So in the context of the current MCU, she's an invincible Mary Sue?

I didn't mind her speaking to Peter honestly, it was kind of sly, but everything she said in the first act was cringe
>Answer the question!

Why do you retards care about rules in a movie for children and söyboys and treat it like an actual intelectual property

She is, but her excuse for not helping Avengers 24/7 is: there's more planets and I need to help everyone not just you

How do they work then? Where are you getting that from?
The stones changed form, that's all, like how the Aether was a liquid in Thor 2.

Pretty much. But she can't protect Earth all the time since she tries to protect everyone in the Universe.

You can't go back to the same timeline, that's not how it works. The act of travelling back in time creates a new timeline.
Otherwise it would be viable to just strangle baby Thanos in his crib.

Watch the movie, time is different in MCU. Ancient One explains it, killing baby Thanos is even discussed in the movie and it wouldn't change the future.

That's not how it works, the timeline still exists, what the Ancient One was saying it that the returning of the stones will stop that timeline from being doomed by the dark forces.

Was this Iron Patriot?

Attached: Avengers.Endgame.2019.1080p.HC.HDTS.H264.AC3.YG-0001.jpg (1920x804, 155K)

Dunno, I went to pee right before that part.

because that wasn't necessary. they didn't want to alter their time, as in make pepper not get pregnant or there was never a battle for new work/chitari invasion, so never avengers because no space threat from thanos.

all they wanted was to undue the snap and continue their lives. hence no baby thanos murder, they just needed to undue the snap him finding out of the plan and time travelling was not expected at all.

I know it wouldn't work, I'm playing Devil's advocate.
Killing baby Thanos wouldn't work because travelling back in time creates a new timeline, it doesn't effect the same timeline.
So Cap travelling back to replace the stone creates a new timeline. If they had a choice in which timeline they travel to then it would be possible to effect the future, thus killing baby Thanos would be viable.
But that's not how it works.
So there are two timelines for each time travel now, one where the stones aren't returned by Cap and one where they are.

I know they didn't want to do it, I was just playing Devil's advocate. Killing baby Thanos is not possible by their own rules anyway.

He said one reality

are you baiting? did you watch the movie? He used them to basically destroy stones to molecular level, he did not wish them to not exist. You can destroy stones, SW did that in previos avengers movie.
Fucking degenerate weeb, go back to moe sol isekai trash. Imagine being too dumb for capeshit.

>implying Cap didn't

I do that shit all the time.

Why does Thor fuck off in space leaving a literally who to lead his people?
Why does Iron Man die even though it's Captain that's leaving the MCU for good?
How does the 5 year timeskip work since all seems normal in the spiderman sequel?
Why does the ending just feel like a disappointmen?

Future Nebula killed past Nebula. She didn't fade out of existence.

Cap probably visited her lots of times in his long as fuck lifetime. Or when he gave the soul stone back on Vormir, he got Nat back. What happened to Red Skull without soul stone to guard? Or did he stick around? If so, did Cap pummel him?

But most importantly, why was Ned still in High School 5 years later?

Lol DC cuck
The MCU’s combo of humour and pathos and epic works as seen by the box office
Meanwhile DC grimdark fails and only success was when they put an Israeli in film to get massive Israeli propaganda behind that film
DC have had to try copying MCU’s humour with Shazam and suicide squad - even taking MCU’s directors

>implying Old Cap wasn't just visiting that moment from the future of the alternate timeline he created

He literally did not think about it
Almost how like Captain Marvel Didn't wear the glove and do the snap herself

Also, wasn't that one of the Russos? I always assumed the Russo directors were brothers. Are they each other's husbands?

Thanos has most of the stones in infinity war so he could have undone a lot of that

Did Cap return to 1945 and then just return each stone when it got to that point in time? Like did be live 25 years hanging onto all six in shoebox, then returns the Tesseract to the army base in 1970 then waits until 2012 to return the time stone, etc.?

He literally dialed time back a couple minutes in Infinity War to get Vision's stone AFTER it had already been destroyed.

OP, why are you soulless? It wouldn't be the same Natasha.

Vision didn’t need to have the stone - that’s what the whole Wakanda surgery was about
It’s just Tony wasn’t clever enough to just use the stone once to imprint the mind
Also the tesseract is a different type of power

GotG1 still happened the same way for Quill in Endgame. But now they can re-make GotG1 where shit happens differently. The Quill from that one will never get dusted in a snap by Thanos.

Only if he thought of it. He's not exactly a smart dude.

There is a timeline where Thanos doesn't exist to be able to crush his neck.

There was one scenario out of like 14 million. Out of infinite scenarios, there would be more than one. Strange didn't have all goddamn day to look at more than he did.

>THAT scene in the final battle

Attached: giphy[1].gif (380x285, 1.97M)

You didn’t actually watch that bit with the hulk and the ancient one? They return the stones just after they stole them so their timeline continues and their own future happens as it did
The only alternate timelines are 1)Thanos disappears with his army before he even gets the first stone
2)capt America and agent carter since in the cap movies she’s got dementia and there’s no sign of her husband who should be around since cap is still alive and still wearing the ring

They actually explained how Loki could have the tesseract at the start of infinity war - because he stole it in the past

No, he steals it in Thor 3. That's why he has in IW.

>Avengers! Assemble.

I unironically made the onions face when that happened. As they were all lining up I wanted him to say it so bad. Worth watching all the films of the mcu just for that line.

Also what happened to Loki stealing the space stone? That didn’t change anything in his universe? Cap living life didn’t branch any timelines? Where did iron man get soldier armor in the 2012 scene? Where was Ultron? Why was Professor Hulk significantly smaller than regular Hulk? Why did Hulk do nothing during the final fight? How does cap channel lightning just because he can wield mjolnir? The weapon isn’t the source of the power the lightning comes from Thor. Why did Thor’s hair and beard magically get braided when he calls stormbreaker and mjolnir? Why did they make such a big deal of Hawkeye being such an assassin? How does nebula sync memories with herself in the future? What was superwoman doing the whole movie that was so important she couldn’t join the fight earlier? Where was everyone while they were in dust form that Spider-Man was talking about? Why was the kid from iron man 3 at Tony’s funeral? How is Natasha killing herself a big enough sacrifice for Hawkeye? He loves her more than his family? Why didn’t they just get more pym particles in the first place and go as a group oven and over?

I've seen all of the movies up to Infinity War, do I need to see Ant Man and Wasp and Captain Misandry before seeing Endgame?

>Cap living life didn’t branch any timelines?
As long as Steve punched Peggy in the gut after inseminating her, he can slowly navigate his way back his own timeline.

>GotG
>takes all Guardians, one of which is half celestial or whatever Ego was, to hold the stone, they almost die from the power
>Endgame
>everyone can hold the stones barehanded with no problems whatsoever

y tho

Antman/Wasp MAAAAYBE, the plot device in Endgame is derived from that.

Wahman movie, nah you can skip or replace it with MAN OF STEEL but imagine Brielarson's face on henry cavil.

Because all the friends of Nat from that timeline will do everything to bring her back

>This movie has shit elements and doesn't know how to balance the tone so it just turns into a shit-tier cartoon for children but with live actors
>But it's alright beacuse there are even worse movies with even more retarded tone!
Capeshitters are truly nothing more than a laughing stock.

Ahhh the Ken Levine approach

Oi wait a minute, didn't Michael Rooker show up on the Endgame set?

Attached: 220px-Michael_Rooker_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg (220x199, 9K)

If it was deserted why was there a bench at the shore? They were probably at iron man’s lake house.

The problem has never been holding the stone itself, but harnessing its power.

I don't think any one ever actually holds a raw stone in the movie

Tony does when he steals it from 1970

No he used an iron man hand.

Hawkeye holds the soul stone

It doesn't burn much in Tesseract form

I'm a bit of a brainlet here, so forgive me, but how did Old Cap appear in the main timeline? By the movie's logic, any actions taken in the past don't fuck up the present timeline, and they just create an alternate timeline where the edited past happened. Shouldn't Cap's decision to stay in the past only have created an alternate timeline as opposed to having affected the main one?

Just watch the end credits scene of antman and the wasp and you will know everything you need to know.

Maybe he came back to main timeline when no one was looking? It's the only way to make it make sense otherwise yeah it is a plothole

Because then you are stealing a black widow from her own timeline, duh

As long as he keeps aborting Peggy's fetus and keep things 99.9% as they are, he should be able to steer himself back to that same timeline.

>they almost die from the power
>power
duh you're answer was right there in your post, it had that reaction to them because it was the power stone

Attached: behind_the_scenes.webm (480x600, 2.86M)

>you're
oops

The only way it doesn't violate its own rules is if Cap went back, lived several decades of his life in a new alternate timeline (long enough to age to the point we see him old) then activated his quantum thingie to pull himself back to the time machine, but sets it to come back a few minutes or an hour or whatever before he left, when nobody is at the device to see him re-appear. Then he goes and chills out on the bench until after the moment young him gets on the device and leaves.

So, how did they return the Soul Stone?

what if 3 different people travel to the same reality to grab the same stone but just 10 minutes appart
like one arrives at 12:00 to steal the stone
the other one arrives 11:50 and steals the same stone
dont tell me there is only one of every stone across all realitys and timelines

With his supersoldier enhancement, it may have taken him hundreds of years to age to the point where he looks the way we saw him, too. He could have been hopping around doing all kinds of shit before using his quantum tether to get back to the "original" timeline. Or maybe he lived in the alternate timeline from 1945 until 2058 before returning to the 2023 he left from.

He goes back to 1940s Morag and gave it to the Red Skull who was just freshly teleported there. He also tells him who Clint's mom and Nat's dad is, and also workshops the "soul for a soul" routine with him. It's just a prank, bro.

How they returned the tesseract, scepter or aether since Cap travels back with the pure stones?

Presumably Cap did. Did he get a soul back in exchange?

Gamora had been planning on betraying Thanos well before that. She was never a part of his forces so she didn't get dusted with them.

That really makes no fucking sense. It's obvious they had to pull a quick answer of their ass to legitimize their stupid plot.

Because then they would have no movie

>Being this stupid
Using the move's retarded logic, they can just simply go to the spot where Black Widow was about to commit suicide and bring her back.

They had the same exact scene on a smaller scale cause there were less characters in the final battle of infinity war and no one said shit.

Tony didn't make Vision.
Ultron did.Seems even the IW writers forgot this when deus ex blackina asks Banner "Hurr synapses bitch?" and Banner didn't make Vision either.
And Ultron put the stone in the head because he wanted the power of the stone to be part of what was supposed to be his new body.

This, we see him walk past in before Asgard is destroyed when he goes to put the skull in the Sacred Flame. He stops and looks at it.
People have some bad memory here.

>Why was Professor Hulk significantly smaller than regular Hulk?
Because he's both in balance, he's going to be a physical balance of both.
> Why did Hulk do nothing during the final fight?
He was weakened from doing his snap and his arm was fucked up.
>How does cap channel lightning just because he can wield mjolnir? The weapon isn’t the source of the power the lightning comes from Thor.
Odin cast a spell on Mjolnir which we see in the first Thor film.
“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”
>How does nebula sync memories with herself in the future?
They both uplink to the same network, so the same tech they use to communicate and control the mind of their present Nebula allowed them access to our future Nebula.
>What was superwoman doing the whole movie that was so important she couldn’t join the fight earlier?
Earth has a dozen heroes to sort shit out. Hundreds of planets have basically no one and she was the only person capable of being their custodian to sort out their disasters and protect them. A lot of life counted on her apparently.
Just as well, the film would have been more shit if she was there the whole time being stupidly overpowered in the scenarios the main cast faced.

Why aren't they bothered about a random old stranger wondering around on Iron Man's lake house then? Point still stands.
"Excuse me sir, we're doing something really important here, could you kindly fuck off?"

Because watching Thor fuck around in space with the GotG is much more interesting than spending time on Earth with a literal who.