Born as a result of a secret marriage between a daughter of House Stark and the heir of House Targaryen

>born as a result of a secret marriage between a daughter of House Stark and the heir of House Targaryen
>raised to believe he was a bastard to protect his true lineage
>joins the Night's Watch to defend the realm
>discovers that the White Walkers aren't just some ancient legend
>does everything in his power to defend the Realms of Man, even allying with wildlings
>betrayed and murdered by his own men who couldn't accept this
>gets brought back from the fucking dead to serve some grand purpose
>takes back the North for House Stark from the traitors who stole it
>named King in the North
>tries to rally humanity to fight the one true enemy
>allies with Dany, finds out that the dragons accept him to everyone's surprise
>finds out he is actually the true heir to the Iron Throne
>his grand army is BTFO by the dead
>Jon desperately fights his way through the undead horde to get to the Night King and fulfill the destiny that this show and the books before it spent years building up
>before he can make it there, fucking ARYA teleports behind the Night King and kills him in what is perhaps the most retarded moment in television history

This was his fucking moment. This was what his ENTIRE FUCKING CHARACTER ARC was building to. Instead of seeing that satisfying, if predictable, fulfillment of destiny play out, the fucking goblin steals it from him all to SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS. He better be fucking king after this. Otherwise, what is the fucking point of his character anymore? What is the fucking point of all of this?

Attached: 5cb3c8e96afbee373d4f2b62-750-563.jpg (750x563, 90K)

>B-B-BUT IT WAS HIS TURN!!!
more like jon söy lmao

the age of white men is over

>tfw jon was the only one who realized how bad this would all be
>tfw he really wasn't trying to be the hero or anything, just a soldier

Wasted the dragons, Jon Snow, Bran
>why should we care anymore: the show

Actually, it's just begun. They killed off all the shitskin Dothraki and Unsullied, cleansing Westeros of the stink of the lesser evolved races. Now the white people can take the throne and not have to ever deal with trap music or welfare.

>What is the fucking point of all of this?

Attached: 1556071536318.png (657x705, 316K)

His point is to be a good goy and die for good of the realm.

RIP Bear Loli

the cgi in this scene was atrocious

The episode makes sense.

I mean, really, it does. Season 1 started with Ned being "the main character". Everyone though he was gonna be the main character, gonna solve all the problems. And what happens to him? He dies. He's not the main character. He never was. That's not that kind of story.

Cut to season 8. Night King. The main villain. The big bad guy. The Great War. Well guess what? He's not a main villain. He dies. Cersei is the main villain and Euron with his big cock.

This show has REPEATEDLY trying to tell everyone it's not LOTR. This whole show, the whole theme is subverting your expectations.

"There's only one war that matters. The Great War, and it is here"

Said by a guy that was supposed to be the chosen one. Azor Ahai. But there was never Azor Ahai. He was never the chosen one, and there was never the great war. Just a big ass battle between Cersei that is just gonna sort of happen now.

The show begun with subversion and ended with subversion. That's what they always wanted to do. The only people that are fools are people who got baited.

There's a reason why David Benioff and DB Weiss were hired by Kathleen Kennedy. They operate on the same kind of thinking Rian Johnson does. Having your expectation subverted. Snoke never mattered just like Night Knight never mattered.

And now it begins. No, now it ends.

Friendly reminder Ghost chose to roll with Jorah and the Dothraki. Didn’t come to Jon’s aid even once.

And he still somehow survived without a scratch. Based Ghost.

Ghost was trying to tell Jorah to get the fuck out of there before he went and hid in the forest.

You seem to be forgetting there is an entire continent of shit skins to the south. Welfare is back on the table goys!

>Copyright pasting this post on every thread because you're buutblasted about the contrarians disagreeing with you

Just find a comfy thread and post there fag

he wont be king, he's a white male

Post-modernism was a mistake

rian johnson is a manlet and a hack and a fraud.

Atleast he will be king

The Knight King was such a pussy. He knew he couldn't beat Jon Snow, so he raised a bunch of dead, just like how Ra in Stargate had a bunch of little children surround him like some sort of alien Michael Jackson.

Didn't Jon leave both Sam and Dany for dead in the episode as well? Are D&D character assassinating him like they did to Stannis?

>Rheagar married Lyanna to conceive Jon, who he believed would be the Prince who was Promised
>This started a devastating civil war that killed thousands, including him
>turns out, it was all pointless
>the Long Night lasted literally a single night
I'm not even mad. I'm just empty.

yes, they're killing him off later.

He knew that the only thing that mattered was killing the Night King. You could even see him considering to go save Sam before he kept on for the Godswood. He could have taken a breather if he knew Arya was on the case.

I get the series loves to "subvert" expectations, but I thought for sure Jon would be important. He has been the honly honorable, thouroghly good person on the show (aside from Davos). 9 years of building up from a bastard to heir to the throne. Brought back from the dead presumably for some grand purpose.

That grand purpose has to happen some way, or D&D will become complete hacks.

Theyre not just going to kill him off, they're going to do it in the most anticlimactic and trivializing way possible so they can go LOL SUBVERSION! and relish in the rage of the pissed off fans. You don't understand these people like I do, they make the hobby about making fun of the hobbyists. They interpret anger as a job well done because it's their coping mechanism for dealing with their own incompetence.

>They operate on the same kind of thinking Rian Johnson does. Having your expectation subverted.
Subversion is good when used sparingly, but Rain Johnson does it constantly to the point where it is predictable. Same with GRRM and especially D&D. The story would be better if they didn't resort to subversion once in a while. That in itself would be a superior form of subversion.

Canonically he was brought back to life to honey pot his aunt.

Literally he was brought back to life life to fuck her. Lord of light is out of this show now.

can't wait for the doujins tbqh

>subverting expectations
I call it hack writing, now I'm gonna have to wait and hope the fat man can finish up his series. I really hope we get to see the true ending or else we're gonna be stuck with this TV series bs.

Why does Kit Harrington's face only ever display amazement? He's like a Tucker Carlson from Westeros

>He better be fucking king after this. Otherwise, what is the fucking point of his character anymore? What is the fucking point of all of this?

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even care about the Iron Throne or who ruled before this episode, but that's all there is left now. I thought Jon and Dany would just fuck off after Cersei and the Night King were defeated, but I guess they will just die now so the Stark kids can rule.

What was the point of Dany's visions in the House of The Undying? Why was the the throne covered in snow? Why did Dany turn away from the throne and go beyond The Wall? I thought it was because she was going to face the real threat, but now that the Night King is gone (because of Arya fucking Stark), I don't know anymore.

I know King's Landing gets wrecked based on set pics, so I guess the dragons set shit on fire then job somehow. Jaime kills Cersei, The Hound kills The Mountain, Jon and/or Dany die, and Tyrion (maybe) gets charged for treason. Frikidoctor seems to be the only leaker who wasn't full of shit, so the Tyrion thing is still possible.

Why does everything have to subvert our expectations nowadays? Arya killing the Night King is unexpected yes, however it is enormously anticlimactic and doesn't deliver on the years of speculation. There is no payoff, especially after seeing the Night King survive Dragonfyre.

Call me old-fashioned, but this is the same issue I had with the Last Jedi when Luke's fight is ultimately meaningless. Archetypes are essential in storytelling and the Fool should never beat the King. Here's how I would've solved the Night King's defeat and I fully recognize that he needs to be stopped at Winterfell:

>Aegon embraces the Dragonfyre and we are lead to believe he's dead. Cut to Bran and the Night King.
>Same scenes ensue, however this time Arya doesn't kill him but he kills Arya. Turns out Dragonglass or Valyrian steel doesn't kill him. At the same time we hear a faint howl from the Ice Dragon.
>The viewer has lost all hope now, the last chance at ending this war is gone with Arya.
>Night King about to slice Bran in half.
>The light of Dawn shines between the Night King and Bran.
>Night King looks to his right, where Azor Ahai emerges jumping through the undead on Ghost, shrouded in a flame cloak wielding a glowing sword.
>Queue exposition between these ancient entities.
>They fight until Aegon or rather Azor Ahai slices the Night King in half.
>The undead wither away and the flame extinguishes from Aegon, leaving him mortal again.
>In his last moments he looks to Bran smiling, knowing full well he fulfilled his destiny in saving the world.
>His borrowed time is up and he dies on his knees holding his sword.

>Why was the the throne covered in snow?
Jon Snow sitting on the throne, obviously. It is pretty much the only ending they can give us that would be even remotely satisfying after this shitshow of an episode.

>stealing the double KO from gantz osaka

only good scene was stolen

>Jon Snow sitting on the throne, obviously. It is pretty much the only ending they can give us that would be even remotely satisfying after this shitshow of an episode.
It would have to be in a flashfoward then, because King's Landing is going up in smoke.

Attached: King's Landing.png (750x452, 429K)

Attached: 1555968144356.jpg (817x460, 90K)

Tyrion is 100% going to be the Lord of Casterly Rock and maybe hand of the king. There is not going to be peace and balance to the iron throne without Casterly Rock.
Also, everyone knows by now which son is the one is the true representation of Lord Tywin

It also works of the iron throne is destroyed together with Kings landing and the kingdom is split, it also favor Jon being king in the north.

/ourdwarf/ is safe.

>Plot inconsistencies and shallow writing are now subverting expectations
>People actually believe this
>Ten years from now no one will remember this dumpster fire
I laugh at people paying for this shit, ahahah!

The throne already doesn't hold Casterly Rock, the head of House Lannister is Jaime and Tyrion would be 2nd place

Literally said lolno and fucked off innawoods. /ourpup/

Jaime dropped every right when he joined the kingsguard. Tywin was very salt about this as it felt that his naming to the guard was exclusively done to insult him by putting Tyrion in the line

you don't permanently lose your rights moron, if you later leave the kingsguard you're eligible again

Having your expectations subverted does not equal enjoyment.