Home come modern horror movie or creature creators in hollywood dont borrow more from medieval demon design?

home come modern horror movie or creature creators in hollywood dont borrow more from medieval demon design?

Attached: demon-1556500118461.jpg (634x960, 93K)

also any kinos with these type of demons?

Because Hollywood writers are hacks

Hollywood writers never read medieval anything. To them, historic works are from the studio system of the 40s and 50s

Symbology would be lost on modern audiences. Tend to more funny looking than horrific. Old angel depictions are more on the verge of that uncanny stuff the kids like these days.

Attached: 01c-monreale-seraphim-e12983101719554.jpg (1200x1728, 826K)

I think Japan understands it better; it's the horror of something being immediately-unexplainably wrong with the world.
Imagine you see this thing, almost 1:1 how it is in the image, and you can feel just absolute evil radiating off it and your body kicks every single "turn and run now" switch in your body the second you see it.
Yeah it looks goofy, but real things don't look like that so seeing it in reality is such a mental fuck that it's like a brown note for the brain. The slight goofiness of it makes it more terrifying.

Attached: Martigora_engraving.jpg (500x293, 37K)

Lynch understands this

Symbology like OP's only work in artwork when the artist only has so little at his disposal to say something important. In a movie it is completely comical.

this. the only thing that give me these feels are entities in dmt trips

Can we talk about the new game of thrones ep?

Jews hate the middle ages.

modern audiences think everything they haven't already seen is stupid.

Do all Jews hate the middle ages?

Attached: the king.png (680x763, 162K)

the fuck was the artist smoking lmao

Viy (1967) has great demons. Labyrinth, Pan's Labyrinth, and Hellboy 2 have weird creatures like this.

Because people are more interested in "cool" than terrifying and can't fathom that goofy is more frightening than cool. It's a fine line between humor and horror. Clowns are the best examples of this. I know it'll happen someday though because when you have idea, millions of other people had the same. It's in the collective unconscious and it's only a matter of time and circumstances before someone with the means is able to pull it off.

Attached: JS1428_w.jpg (630x629, 105K)

they already made live action rip off of The Clowning episode of Aqua Teen

OP's image is stupid as fuck. There is WAY too much going on in just one area to actually be intelligent. It's the art equivalent of using the thesaurus function on every word in your sentence and picking the smartest sounding one. A symbol salad.

Killer clowns have been done to death and back. They're not scary or creepy anymore. It's the equivalent of listening to the same joke over and over again - let it die and stay dead. Turning something that is normally good and making it evil is so overplayed.

It was an example. You can find this in other works of art. Like the back alley hobo in Mulholland Drive.

Attached: 57858.gif (500x357, 87K)

You and I know that clowns whose true nature is so alien to humans yet they have a creepy human like quality is far scarier than killer clowns with teeth and blood.

true horror isn't funny at all

Exactly, Killer Clowns from Outer Space isn't scary because it doesn't depict clowns as they are. I think you have to take the subject very seriously to achieve the effect you want. I hate that the term "uncanny valley" is only applied to human looking robots because you can see it in other things too. Like a tree that looks like it has a human face on it. I think clown fall into that uncanny valley in some sense.

No, but it's for you to decide. If you've seen the video about teenage boys killing an old man with a pickaxe, what's horrifying about it is that they smile while doing it. As if it's suppose to be a fun event. This is what, to me, true horror means. Maybe it's a particular kind of horror that we're lacking the words to describe. It's depicted as funny but you, on a deep personal level, know it's wrong.

Someone once posted a short film that featured an angel in a house, and the angel had some bizarre geometric kaleidoscopic Ramiel-esque design but I could never find it ahain

yeah something like that that doesnt look natural, looks weird or off is completely scary
the feeling of someithing not natural or not belonging is lynchian
like those trannys in demon costumes reading to school children, pure evil

Frank does some pretty good stuff with OP's vibe

Attached: 0aca24f352dc7bb6fd75a3fdd3b5d0b6--art-is-jim-orourke.jpg (736x556, 134K)

throne of God
Jehovah's Witnesses

Attached: trono-de-jeovc3a1.jpg (1241x1600, 758K)

Attached: db78381f85ff8bead27dc256dfecbd3d.jpg (424x600, 75K)

Attached: 1552161456687.jpg (238x350, 37K)

Attached: 1551055514898.jpg (1120x1600, 340K)

Attached: 1549866671146.jpg (496x702, 61K)

now we're talkin'

Drag queens are especially scary but it's on purpose. They do this to provoke. Much like war paint or the kind of makeup you see in kabuki theatre. It distorts the face that it becomes hard to register the human underneath.

Attached: 485030204_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Do you know the artist's name for any of these?

I don't know man. Vaginas that eat people as seen in are pretty scary too.

this one's from Gunnm, so it's Yukito Kishiro

that's from the Dinosaurs Attack! trading card set, don't know the artist
that's from a book called Revelation: It's Grand Climax at Hand; they don't credit their artists, since they're a religious group

japs have great demon design
I really like Berserks demons

Medieval gravures are great. I especially love the little oddities they find from time to time.

Attached: rabbit-4.jpg (600x420, 38K)

Attached: 1543479669038.jpg (1200x552, 459K)