>hyped up for 8 seasons

heh...

Attached: got.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE-vkNIjJkPAaIX1b8IeLvMVMHwV8Zm-YAFc-C6K7lq02FcQ/viewform
youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY
youtube.com/watch?v=cgptvsHHYK4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where were you when Goblina saved the day

Attached: quite literally toppest kek.png (614x516, 205K)

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GEORGE

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 1552705684184.jpg (497x497, 32K)

Worst villain in the show.

I mean they were pretty fucking effective until teleportation was invented

>george
this has all the marks of d&d

Cercei is the literall endboss kek

Attached: cf407d0a-a9fb-4eda-bb92-a9c92ada4bfa.jpg._CB312773759__SL220__.jpg (220x220, 13K)

yeah, but they were told by him how things would end, so there is a big chance that the shitshow we are witnessing was all approved by the fatty

This zombie shit ruined the show. It should've been just about medieval poiltics and war.

wait I missed this one, what happened to them?

night king is a product of the show and many things about the white walkers in general are different in the show, so i doubt it

shut up normie

rofl this show is TLJ tier. What a clusterfuck.

Winterfell's tacticians are straight booty. They gathered the most seasoned warriors on two continents, and the best strategy they could come up with was to rush all their horsemen to their death at the very start of the battle, build a pitiful 3-foot-wide fire trench, and then pray that someone backstabbed the Night King when he was distracted.

Why the fuck didn't they use their archers? Arrowheads would be the easiest and most practical thing to forge from obsidian, plus this way they don't have to engage the enemy directly right away. The Dothraki are known for being great horse archers. Beyond that, they're on horseback. It ruins their potential to just rush right at the enemy whenever they could flank the undead after drawing them closer to the castle. There was not one single volley of arrows, even after they got the undead all standing stationary in a fucking line right outside of the trench.

Holy shit this was such a terribly choreographed battle I'm almost glad I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on the entire time. The only good part was the little Mormont girl stabbing the giant in the eye.

Do people really expect a 1v1 boss battle against him? He has super human strength and can kill anyone instantly. Failing that, valyrian steel shatters his sword on first contact and he dies instantly. Having him hide behind his army only to get assassinated on the threshold of his victory was the best way they could have done it.

I was actually hoping that Bran had hidden a stash of those Children of the Forest magical grenades, and then Allah Ackbar'd himself along with all the White Walkers.

grrm added zombies and dragons because a friend of his told him nobody would care about medieval politics unless theres some magic in it like lotr

Okay I take it back. That would have definitely been the best.

>The Dothraki are known for being great horse archers
was there a single dothraki archer in the show?
also, if the fire lady didnt show up, what the fuck were the dothraki actually going to do?

>Shrugs off dragon fire
>Gets killed by getting pricked with Valerian steel
What?

What a fucking loser
Hyped for many seasons and then some midget girl kills him? What a mess
I expected him to be much stronger
The last three episodes are going to be garbage, right?

Attached: 1556370117168.gif (400x299, 2.36M)

they're known as great horse warriors, not archers specifically.

Attached: 1540084415496.png (828x626, 434K)

don't forget them forgetting about the catapults
>use catapults when dothraki are charging
>oh shit they all died
>enemy is charging
>fuck this catapult shit

>also, if the fire lady didnt show up, what the fuck were the dothraki actually going to do?
Die quickly without doing any damage. 10/10 writing.

>trying to greentext in the subject field
>using the subject field at all
what a fucking colossal newfag

If they didn’t introduce the we ww as major villains sure but they did

Fuck dd

Don't forget them boosting the enemy ranks with quick new fodder

I expected some semblance of plausibility within the realms of the show. Not characters teleporting, main characters surviving impossible odds time after time while extras get butchered around them, a fucking 12 year old killing the main antagonist

This show is made for retards by retards

Honestly I was really hoping for a final showdown and duel between him and Jon. Also who the fuck is he? I feel there's still too much about the white walkers that we don't know

night king is show only. the night king in the books is a story about a lord commander that fucked an other or something.

lol

Attached: 1556504770652.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Night King got Snoked

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 10K)

IS HE REALLY DONE???
WTF??????

They haven't been listening to George for years now. Books (which will never be finished) are going to end in a completely different place than the show. There are still way more characters alive in the books and about fifty more plot threads. He won't finish before dying of fat, but it wouldn't have ended like this.

Is winter still coming?

This episode legit convinced me to not catch up with the show. I was on the fence about going back and watching it, but after tonight no fucking way.

yikes

Attached: file.png (2221x1588, 3.31M)

Adding onto this, it really lessens the impact of the whole undead army thing whenever the Winterfell forces got overrun due to being unprepared, rather than being truly overwhelmed. The idea of a regenerating army of the undead is absolutely terrifying, since at the end of every battle their numbers only increase. It would have been nice and impactful to see the Winterfell forces fight a well-planned, hard-fought battle, only to get worn down over time due to the odds stacked against them. But no, what we were treated to was a poorly managed and poorly directed mess of an episode. All that hype. All that motherfucking buildup, and now the ice part of Ice and Fire, the whole purpose of Azor Ahai and the Red Woman and all that nonsense is over, just like that. I can only hope that GRRM doesn't die of a heart attack in the next couple years and is able to rectify this mess in writing.

Despite the many problems with the episode. Once they broke into the castle and all hell broke lose with Jon running around, it felt like Dark Souls.

why couldn't they actually trick him? maybe isolate him from his army somehow - then take him down in an epic 4 v 1 sword fight or something like that? let him get a kill or 2...

teleporting arya was so 2019.

DEATH TO ALL ANGLOS

THEY FUCKING RUIN EVERY.THING

what the fuck did you think would happen this episode? The white walkers would lose and retreat then attack kings landing?

OH REDDIT IS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE EPISODE
WE NEED TO BE CONTRARIAN AND PRAISE IT, RIGHT Yea Forums?

What's wrong, Yea Forums? Did you not enjoy your monthly dose of SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS?

i don't even remember why the NK needed to kill Bran.

let him fucking sit by the tree and move on to the rest of Westeros.

It's another case of the show writers changing things for television. Archery isn't as exciting as two groups clashing together at high speeds and banging swords. In the books, the Dothraki are archers first, and swordsmen second. They're based on Mongols, after all.

Can't wait for Arya to sneak into King's Landing solo and sneak attack Cersei as well.

Attached: Pepe eyelids.png (396x381, 134K)

It's TV, the plebeian's media. What do you expect? If you want to experience art, read a book.

>YFW Ramsay put up a better fight than NK

Attached: 876537376.png (1200x627, 491K)

^This is a very strong coping mechanism you got there.

When I'm trying to understand something.
Ask yourself a simple question:
What is the worst possible resolution to the novels?

Maybe the worst possible thing is because you spoiled showfags with the red wedding you are getting spoiled by the show and that the fat man told the show creators exactly how things end. Who cares how many extra characters that don't matter?

Attached: 5lvCGPL.jpg (960x960, 111K)

8 seasons for this man, I just can't

He wasn't the actual night king, but a night lieutenant.

When they were climbing the walls, I just kept thinking "why don't they drop flaming tar or oil off the sides? They did that at the Battle of Blackwater didn't they?"

considering that they fucked it up completely and the whole point was political machinations don't matter but then the final boss is Cersei... yeah.

The sad part about that battle is, people think that's good tactics. What really gets me is they had a few more intelligent tactical ideas in the last episode and they tossed all that out the window to rush them.

The moment I saw the writers for the episode were D&D instead of another writer like the other episodes all hope was lost.

>Also who the fuck is he?
Well, he was converted to a necromancer by the Children of the Forest at a time when men were first expanding over Westeros. So in all likelihood nobody knows who the fuck he was. Maybe he was an ancient king whose people were settling north and it pissed off the elves. Who knows? Even in the books, the lore doesn't go back that far.

Would it have killed them to have Ned Stark pop up out of nowhere with a double bladed sword and chop the Night King to bits, all while Snack My Bitch Up played in the background?

no fucking way will it go down like this in the books, or at least we'll get some insight into the night king and his motivations

>the fat man told the show creators exactly how things end
I hear this all the time and never see a source. The fat bastard doesn't know how it should end. That's why they'll never get finished.

LOL all you cucks crying over this shit, meanwhile im comfy af knowing LOTR is still greater than anything GRRM could pull of his ass since the first book kek

Well the show runners are fucking retarded, dont they know about hammer and anvil in total war?

Wait a sec, is he really dead? I'm not some incel triggered by Arya being the one doing it but after 8 fucking seasons, surely the main antagonistic force introduced in the first fucking episode and hinted to be more complex (their art fetish) would offer more?

Also why the fuck did dragon fire not work but steel made with the help of it did?

more anticlimatic than the sinking of the bismarck

>Jon cucked out of his 1v1
>Couldnt even slay his weakened dragon before it got dusted
What the fuck, man.

>Blurred pixels
Ah, so I'm not the only one who had that problem. I couldn't see shit through most of the episode. Video compression on cable is terrible.

The books have sucked since A Storm of Swords and you know it. The last book was complete garbage and you know it.

holy shit that would've been awesome

Attached: 1556423281833.jpg (1024x768, 263K)

this was never in question though you fucking brainlet

Characters can only ever be as intelligent as the writer

Right down to the backstab that ended it all. Dexfags always did rule the meta.

Give me a motherfucking link. Im poor can't afford a tv let alone hbo or hulu or or or.

Please, someone, gib link.

Not solarmovies. Not up on there yet.

tlj?

>Arya Ex Machina

Attached: 1494235948629.jpg (1080x814, 57K)

>

No ones ever really gone.

I liked it. I guess I am turning into a normie or my standards are lowering.

well-said

The last book had some good stuff like Theon redeeming himself and the Manderly's covertly fucking up the freys

What a shitty fucking apocalypse. He didn't even take out one major city. That's like running a D&D game, introducing a lich, hyping him up throughout the campaign, and then when it's finally time to fight him, he fucking drops on round fucking 1 because the rogue pulled some munchkining bullshit out of their ass.

Seriously, the fuck. Some end of the world threat that fucking was. Cersie is probably going to be laughing her fat ass off next episode at how much of a non-fucking threat this Army of the Dead that's been biding its time for millennia was because they just got fucked pretty much day fucking 1 of it's war against the 7 Kingdoms. I mean holy shit.

So now it's going to be 2 episodes of Jon and Dannny and Sansa bickering about the iron throne and one episode of Euron and Cersie being cunts. Like, if you think about it, some asshole in Quarth, Mehreen, or across the narrow sea spent the length of this "apocalypse" working in a field, taking a shit, going to bed, and waking up, never knowing the world was gonna get ICED. Like, this took less than a fucking week to sort out. It was a goddamn inconvenience. FUCKING WHY

I can't think of any other word if not:

Embarrassing.

he’s merely pretending or severely wounded. He can only die from azor ahais special sword.

LMFAO

Arya gets words from red lady and magically

omg i cant

unironically would have enjoyed this because I don't give a shit anymore. Just give me more fanfiction.

It should have been him.
It should have been him.
>be Clegane
>burned by fire and develop an intense phobia of it since childhood
>go through the best character development in the series and turn into a hero
>become best friends with a red priest who brings you North
>Red Priest convinces you one last time to be the hero, overcome your fears and save the girl
>he dies helping you
>Melisandre looks right at you
>”he was brought back for a reason”
>Clegane, free of fear and doubt takes up the flaming sword
>the fire immediately turns a bright green, for he is the lord of light and wildfire is his to command
>cuts his way through a swarm of the dead to face the night king
>defeats him in single combat
>three episodes later his half dead brother becomes the new “night king”, a dead thing made from science
>the two brothers are the song of ice and fire
>last scene is them raising their blades against one another
>cut to black sopranos style
You know I’m right

Attached: 0E60641F-A42D-476A-9962-C4A564658927.jpg (500x750, 206K)

They were shooting from horseback in the ep where Dany attacked the Lannister army.

To be fair, it was realistic. It's just the disconnect between lack of realism when it comes to the rest of the battle that make it stand out.

>normies
>disliking zombies

>george
Thats dabid's fault user

That farmer will know when winter doesn't come.

Why did you think this show would give you what you wanted?

*ding ding ding*

Attached: hecter.jpg (325x207, 11K)

ghost alive in e4 trailer confirmed

Did any main character even die besides jorah? lol

CLEGANEBOWL

literally the opposite of normiecore.

Fuck. That would be have been better than Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru Arya

This. But I do want to see if my personal predictions for the show turn out to be correct; I want to see just how retarded the show can become.

Theon, but yeah that was it

Theon

it's his fault for selling out
his magnum opus is now forever tarnished in the eyes of everyone but the twitter crowd who we all know only jums from bandwagon to bandwagon
hope he enjoys his fortune for the 5 years he's got left, in 10 years nobody will remember his name

Attached: 1502071603645.jpg (496x960, 45K)

Theon I guess. Felt like a waste considering Arya was standing right behind the NK when he killed him.

Main characters rarely die in GoT unless there was a key plot development.

This episode was 100% inline with youtuber fan theories.

this is why tv shows are a joke.
anime will always remain superior.

Attached: aru_cheering.webm (500x650, 1.27M)

You are a massive faggot. Nobody here thinks this soap opera is better than LOTR.

This is why nothing will ever top The Sopranos

no fucking way

Kills all plot armor

Thank God Hitler wasn't alive to see this abomination

I was laughing at how terrible this battle was. The dragon glass on top of the walls were put at stupid fucking places the undead never tried to climb and what the fuck was Jon doing when Davos was screaming to light the trench? He screams to light the trench like 10 fucking times. Dany couldn’t hear him or see him and that’s fine but when the red woman used her magic at the last second and lit them it showed Jon on the back of a fire breathing fucking dragon just sitting there. Why didn’t he just light it? Why were the undead walking around inside like stupid fucking Metal Gear Solid soldiers when they were running around like merciless killing machines outside? We’re they quiet because they were in a library?

Only one word

Why

i need to watch lord of the rings after that

You're not even wrong but that doesn't speak well of the industry as a whole.

WARNING: ASTROTURFING FIRM TO TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THIS EPISODE WAS GOOD - THEY KNEW IT WAS SHIT
>WARNING: ASTROTURFING FIRM TO TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THIS EPISODE WAS GOOD - THEY KNEW IT WAS SHIT
WARNING: ASTROTURFING FIRM TO TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THIS EPISODE WAS GOOD - THEY KNEW IT WAS SHIT
>WARNING: ASTROTURFING FIRM TO TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THIS EPISODE WAS GOOD - THEY KNEW IT WAS SHIT

>unless there was a key plot development

I can't even argue with this anymore

Where were you when you realized the only explanation to this kind of out come is that Maisie Williams blackmailed George R.R. by holding pedophilia accusations over his head so that her character can get the glory?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY IS EVERY SINGLE FANFIC END BETTER THAN THE ONE WE GOT

That was honestly the most entertaining the show has been in years because of how fucking awful it was. Every joke, every meme, they actually did them all. Azor Arya is fuckng canon.

Last book was good aside of Jon, Dany, and Tyrion chapters.

A battle itself isn't. The things the battle can lead to or at least key twists of the battle would count and there was really no point to kill off most of the cast since it'd have no effect into either direction.

Bran should have smiled for the last time since hes been an humorless autist the last 3 seasons, then do something like this or another.

So, they're not turning Cercei into a white walker?

it was my favorite episode

Attached: 6c220330-4838-4825-8f2a-09700efaf252.png (360x336, 272K)

>Them digits
Goddamn it

>Winter is coming
What was even the point

Attached: 935795FF-2A9E-4532-98EC-3713C17D6C3A.gif (213x199, 341K)

it was so strange i was watching the whole scene with a raised eyebrow
did these fags never play a total war game? you dont rush your light cav straight into the fray and let loose your artillery on top of them kek its like they asked an 8 year old to direct the battle

I agree with you, but the anime industry is becoming worse with each year. But at least it doesn't have "political correctness"

Nothing personnel

Where the fuck was Royce?

>shit is better than shit

wow

Attached: 1551933913206.jpg (500x662, 55K)

ded

That's just the minority, most people think this is the greatest thing ever put to film

Actual battle strategy wouldn't be cinematic enough. While the light going out shit was great.

D&D claimed it was because it just happened to be where the cotf originally stabbed him with yje object to make him a WW to begin with.

>tfw kinda hyped for this trash
>tfw my dick gets hard when Melly makes all their swords flame up and they charge into battle with flaming fucking swords
>tfw they almost all fucking die and Mormont just comes riding back slowly like a cuck
>tfw my flaccid dick

Fuck. All downhill from their until Anime Arya if not just for the laugh.

>post yfw it was only winter for like, 1 month

The tactics were really bad, the end was bad, but some parts were dantesque. Near the end Jon is running around while dead rain, probably from the upper levels and/or the dragon shaking them off. That was pretty good. Sadly I think the writers were all style and no substance, so they bet all on visuals. As someone said already, who the fuck fires just 3 or 4 catapults then just stands there looking how the army is annihilated.

Loved this episode bros.

Recommend me an actual good show, I'm done with this garbage.

worst episode ever. it was just a dark blurry violent kindergarten

Attached: DELET THIS.jpg (880x631, 113K)

Don't even need to go across the narrow sea to prove your point. People in Dorne probably had no idea anything was going on. Or are they just chilling with Cersei or something

Have Sex. It’s on Mondays at 8.

Spartacus

they unironically forgot the vale existed

pretty sure they also said originally stabbed him with valeryian steel or whatever too even though it was clearly dragon glass in the episode that it happened and it happened somewhere else anyway. So, that's pretty fucking sad.

Sure you are. Watch the last 3 episodes like a good little bitch and move on.

Do you count Edd? Because I do. Miss him already.

>out of all people to kill NK they chose Arya
>out of every way to kill him they made it a *teleports behind you* kill
>didn't get to know anything about NK or Bran
>8 seasons
WHAT
THE
ACTUAL
FUCK
ARE
THEY
THINKING?!

This pissed me off as well. I'm not even some strategy autist or armchair general, but there was so much dumb shit it just cannot be ignored.

If you're defending a fortress, why are you having your entire cavalry rush off into the literal unknown rather than keeping defensive positions?
Why aren't the infantry formations standing BEHIND the barricades so they're not instantly getting crushed by a wave of oncoming enemies?
Why are archers only told to assemble and start loosing arrows once the zombies have started climbing the walls? What were the archers doing the entire rest of the battle?
Why wasn't anyone using pitch or something similar and lighting it on fire to stave off zombie attacks?
If the entire master plan was to use Bran as bait, why are there only a small handful of archers protecting him?
What the fuck was Dany doing the entire goddamn time on her dragon? Apparently she's supposed to be waiting for the signal to light the barricades, but she's too busy just derping around in the blizzard rather than paying attention to the ground. Don't even get me started on how she's so retarded she lands her dragon in the middle of a battle with millions of zombies everywhere and doesn't even look around and see them climbing over her dragon. This is some looney tunes shit. They should've had Benny Hill Theme playing overtop these sequences.

lol at this projection

Lol was it obsidian? I thought it was some wood magic shit

Good motherfucking post motherfucker.

>People still getting mad about events in GoT when it's been fanfiction for the last few seasons.

>didn't get to know anything about NK or Bran
That's annoying for sure but the first two points blow.

Arya was a great choice and taking him by surprise obviously the best way. Dany tried to roast him, and the guy should be more experienced of a fighter than anyone on the living side, so swordfights would be silly.

>can kill anyone instantly

Except someone he's grabbing who somehow made it past his entire army, you mean. She's special because there's literally nothing to this it's so fucking stupid.

survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE-vkNIjJkPAaIX1b8IeLvMVMHwV8Zm-YAFc-C6K7lq02FcQ/viewform

kek is it crazy that i played this out in my head perfectly. this would have been equally as absurd as arya force jumping halfway across winterfell.

CLEGANEBOWL IS STILL ON SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT IT'S HAPPENING GET HYPE

youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY
youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY
youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY

Attached: Capture.png (522x139, 5K)

The PRINCESS that was promised.

EAT SHIT INCEL SCRUBS

Agree, but they could have done it in an interesting way, not having Arya just literally fucking teleport

so it wasn't just me? usually my cable quality has some compression issues but this episode was literal 1994 cable tier image

>Cersei is coming.

Attached: ned-stark-game-of-thrones-msn.jpg (728x404, 45K)

I don't really disagree but it should have been something Bran did.

>trained assassin uses her surroundings
>in the fucking dark
If people want to bitch about Arya, the effects of her training seem like a better point. She didn't train that long with the faceless man to be clearly the best fighter in the show and it feels off.

>Arya is more powerful than a 100,000+ Dothraki/Unsullied army supported by a castle and fire breathing dragons

>the main bad guy lost to a fucking child with plot armor

>no fight for Jon.

I think he can still redeem himself if he pulls a Fullmetal Alchemist and completely fucking ignores the tv show. I mean FMA is a case of the show finishing before the book/manga, but the author stayed true to her roots and didn't let the retarded show writers influence her direction for the story.

I'm just mad that the showrunners apparently think Cersei is the higher-stakes antagonist that the grand finale should focus on. It should've been the other way around, with the Jon/Dany vs Cersei fight happening first and the the finale being against NK. Or better yet, organically intertwine the plotlinesand have some shit where the protagonists pull back from the wall and the north entirely, letting it all get overrun as they fall back to the southern provinces, and force Cersei to join them in a fight vs the horde.

Something more interesting than the dull trite shlock we received.

Right now its show only, we don't know anything about the Others in the books.
If the Children of the Forest created the others in the books, that means that there is an original Other, which is the Night King.

did you not notice that they can't write

Attached: mxcFW06.png (744x652, 635K)

So why not just march Arya into Kings Landing to kill the fleet and Cersei?

Who the fuck can stop her?

someone please do me a solid and link the episode

>Arya was a great choice and taking him by surprise obviously the best way.

Not when he was completely surrounded by his strongest and deadliest and he actually manages to catch her. Why the fuck would he just let her drop the thing and stab him instead of, I don't know, just killing her right there? He didn't wait to stab the other guy who tried it. Even if you go 'well I've huffed enough paint I can accept her just getting past that whole army around him', how do you reconcile him just gormlessly staring at her and letting her drop the knife when his goal is right there?

>stopped watching at the end of season 5
>staying at sister’s for thanks giving
>everyone watching the episode
>meh why the fuck not watch it with them
Never seen something botched this bad

what if that wasnt the real nightking?

This. Those fucking whitewalker generals couldn't do shit.

I enjoyed this episode call me reddit please

Attached: 1539289138471.jpg (1000x1000, 140K)

What a long night that was. One fucking episode and half a season is done. They should have kill NK last season if this was end for that story.

>unbeatable in an open field
>gets magical fire enhancements

Attached: dothraki.jpg (1456x1456, 269K)

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE-vkNIjJkPAaIX1b8IeLvMVMHwV8Zm-YAFc-C6K7lq02FcQ/viewform

George RR Martin will never release his other books.

pleb alert
affc is the best book on the whole series

who else thought Ned's corpse would be raised from the crypts with no head

would have been kino

Attached: 1465678295180.jpg (255x255, 12K)

Was it well made? Yes. Should god damn Cersei be the final 'villain' of the series? No.

Sure, but their incompetence never ceases to amaze me. It's hard to believe anyone with two braincells to rub together would think "we defeated the apocalyptic magical zombie horde! time to face the TRUE enemy... that one blonde lady that drinks too much!"

The Mountain

Dany is actually going to be the final villain

>night king literally used low visibility in his favor earlier in the episode
Obviously the dark wasn’t a problem for them. They Mary Sue’d that shit and you know it.

>Cranked brightness and contrast up to max to see anything
>Most of the dragon shit was still incomprehensible
>Well made

When did NK get Blizzard Storm powers?

trying to find link without getting spoiled please help

hes always had it

pay attention to literally any time he shows up

>no flaming pitch to pour on wights
>no iron gate on the main gate(I swear there was one)
>only one trench of spikes and pitch, three or four or as many as you can build
>the cav fuck up
>infantry in front of the barricades
>Lyanna being left any where near that gate
>not having the dragons inside the castle or sticking to the waiting game
>archers doing nothing
>no swinging wall axe pendulum like at The Wall
>no blockaded and reinforced corridors/halls/interior doors.
>no kill zones
>no bottle necking
It’s like they watched world war z and were like yes that’s it

You really think Dany is going to be a villain after this shitstain of an episode went out of its way to ruin 8 seasons of build up just to empower a female character? Dany is too much of a power symbol now.

>rolls nat 20

Attached: 2-25186-1467130031-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 230K)

But Danny's literally a retarded incest baby. I'd say just wait for her to act real cocky and get poisoned by Cerci or something but we both know it's not going to happen. The only main female character that dies will be Cerci and she will kill herself.

It was someone's idea of a battle who did exactly zero research. Which is to say, D&D did it.

The idea of putting your artillery at the front of your army, unprotected, and then charging cavalry into an unseen enemy just to waste them all is asinine. Those trebuchets fired, what, three shots tops? There were zero fucking archers. There were zero spearmen covering the center. There were no fucking archers on the fucking walls, they literally had to command them to go up there because I guess all the archers were too busy masturbating in the courtyard and forgot about that whole undead thing. Then the pitch. That fucking pitch. You don't put pitch in a big obvious trench around your castle. You dump it on enemies at the gates and then light them on fire, or alternatively, you spread it out over a field and then light the field on fire. You know, the whole artillery thing again.

It's like someone wrote this episode without seeing a single book on medieval warfare or even just watching Braveheart or Kingdom of Heaven. I was rooting for the cold skellies because everything the people were doing was wrong and retarded.

I actually like how they solved the whitewalker problem first. Too many shows/movies don't bother what happens after someone saves the day. But yeah the script, sequencing, and how it was executed was kinda disappointing.

>When Ser Jorah gets considered a killable "disposable" character by the current "writing team" I mean its literally like saying hey heres a pile of dog shit. please consume it. Because I "wrote " it in the dirt with my shithole.

She should be, but she won't. People give D&D too much leeway and benefit of the doubt and think they're self-aware. No, all the YASS QUEEN SLAY shit with Dany is 100% unironic and they really do think she's the best thing since sliced bread. And if that wasn't obvious enough before, it became all the more apparent with all the #woke shit with other shitty female characters like Arya/Brienne/Sansa/Mormont lately

And regardless, the petty political squabbles of noble houses is not interesting whatsoever compared to the ice zombie apocalypse that was built up over 8 fucking seasons to be far more than what we ended up getting.

They've been setting it up with how she cares more about the throne than the people and how Jon is the actual heir yet she would never let him take the throne willingly.

How in fucks name did he get through the 10 metre wall of zombies to get to Daenarys in the first place? The amount of asspulls this episode is ridiculous.

The Night King was not the original Other, he was a Stark who fell in love with/married the Other Queen. The Other Queen presumably was killed by humans at some point and thus the Night King wants to avenge her by killing all humans

>Arya can barely escape a library of Wights
>Somehow manages to sneak up on the NK despite him being surrounded by White Walkers and Wights

Attached: 1486197941266.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

8 YEARS FOR FUCKING NOTHING.

Attached: Virgin Night King vs Chad Lich King.jpg (2048x1099, 199K)

She actually did really well in the library and if you paid attention she made no noise at all except the blood drop. They were foreshadowing her sneaking up on the NK.

I thought they kept saying light the walls. I thought they had wood wrapped around the castle walls they were going to catch on fire.

if it's really not a fakeout and he's not back by next episode's end, than this show truly has no fucking point

The Night's King and the Night King are different characters

based /pol/ strategist

someone post death webms

They seem like a hivemind who rely on his vision but not sharing theirs. When he was too focused on Bran and brought tons of his friends to watch (way more confusing and in need of explanation) it shouldn't have been too hard for her to sneak between them. Kinda like Bran walked between them in a vision before NK spotted him.

>about to kill that cripple
>some goblin charges you
>grab them by the throat
>about to kill them but somewhat curious about what the fuck she was thinking
>get stabbed in the next second
How is it so shocking? NK never was the fastest to react outside of grabbing her in the first place (or Bran in the visions) and the dude showed to be passive more often than not.

Check out how he acted in S7 when dragons attacked or today when he spent like 30 sec eye fucking Jon. And right before Arya, he spent a lot time on Theon. Ice nigga ain't in a rush.

Anybody care to share a link to the episode

all memes aside it was kind of weird seeing the night king so animated and being on screen moseying about. felt like he lost the enigmatic scary presence he had before this episode

>Too many shows/movies don't bother what happens after someone saves the day
I see what you're saying, but you know damn well that's not what's happening here. They're unironically treating the NK as a speed bump on the way to the "true enemy" of Cersei. They're writing it completely seriously like this. The fight against Cersei will be treated by the writers and the characters as even more important and higher-stakes than fighting off the army of the dead.

what game is this

Most people are saying she wore white walker faces, which makes sense in all honesty, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the scene looked completely ridiculous.

Somebody pls...link to ep

Attached: reggie2.jpg (1280x882, 77K)

>NOOOO ARYA WAIT PLEASE...I GIVE UP MS. STARK!

Attached: game-of-thrones-leaf-night-king-1040994.jpg (590x346, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cgptvsHHYK4
>When You're Jaimie and the whole reason you got into this clusterfuck was because you had a fancy for your sister. Ohhhh The things we do for love.

Member this vision???? The writers forgot

Attached: iUyyfVX.png (1440x900, 894K)

please, i cannot actually look at my screen you guys have no mercy

What do you mean?

I guess you could say winter was felled.

HBO streamsite, take the 1 month free trial

Imagine if Tywin was there:
>Why are we acting offensively when we are on the defense?
>Why are we sending in Cavalry as a main force instead of supplementing the infantry?
>Why are we outside the wall versus a force 20x our size instead of holding chokes?
>Why are we not using the dragons off the bat?
>Why don't we have five more layers of moats?
>Why didn't we retreat to better ground 2 days ago?
>Why don't we return to king's landing so I can bitch slap my daughter and take control of the third army?
>Why didn't our warboard anticipate that an overwhelming force would perhaps pull off a full surround?
>Why are we holding up in the castle chokes, of which historically could hold off an army x10 the size for months?

Attached: Night King resurrects Viserion.webm (720x404, 2.81M)

>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH ARYA PLEASE IT HURTS IT HURTS AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRG"

Attached: Firstfemalepresident.gif (500x260, 2.94M)

When Bran went back in time and changed the past, he split the timeline. So all that stuff was only important in the old timeline and this new timeline has nothing to do with it. ;^)

3 episodes left you idiot.
Next stop is Kings Landing.
Only 3 locations on the opening credits after all.

Is snow kill?

Attached: 36D7ECFD00000578-3722283-image-m-15_1470249500909.jpg (634x959, 148K)

>SNOW ON THE THROUGH
>JON SNOW

NAH...
Books LOTR>GOT
Adaptation GOT>LOTR

as stupid arya defeat night king is , you could do the same analogy with lotr by using the eagles and frodo, both sagas have their strenght and weakneses , LOTR Books are way better than got books but real life adaptation i like way more GOT

sam & his wife

I actually hate this fucking show

Arya Metal Gear Solid scene in the library was kino.

Everyone important to the story is still disappointingly alive

She cute I'm going to marry her

>could have shown impact and dread when it is shown there is no end in sight for the WW despite great planning and strategy
>instead we send cavalry into darkness and get lucky that melly sanders uses her magic to light the trench
>could have had Bran some how outsmart the NK and get him separated from his generals and corner him, or give him a 1v1 or something
>instead we have Arya assassinate him in the most anti climactic way possible
>generals dont even do anything anyway

Attached: 1552619778514.png (325x300, 87K)

Stop typing paragraphs trying to convince people of the mental gymnastics you go through in order to make excuses for the shit writing.
None of us are convinced

You idiots thought he was gonna be something. Told yall seasons ago that Cersei is gonna stay on the iron throne till the end and everyone is just gonna have to realize that she is number 1 and have a true kino ending.

Even besides all the obvious retardation with their tactics, why the fuck did they decide to fight in Winterfell in the first place? Given the issue of the weather in the North and how the WWs thrive in winter conditions, why the fuck wouldn't they tactically retread to a more southerly kingdom with a better fortress than Winterfell's skyrim-tier construction?

>Snow on the Iron Throne
I DUNNO DUDE
What could it Possibly mean????

>When you have read the books in the late 90's and you have an irrational hatred for literally everyone who is foaming at the mouth at this garbage? I mean, surely, I cant be the only one.

Attached: 1552931228395.jpg (807x1071, 484K)

The LotR movies are better in literally every way than the GoT adaptation. You can't even compare the cinematography or acting, the LotR movies are on a whole different planet. They even have better CGI despite starting almost 20 years ago.

>NK never was the fastest to react outside of grabbing her in the first place (or Bran in the visions) and the dude showed to be passive more often than not.

He did not, every other time he got a hold of someone it was over instantly. Even if you forgot all 8 seasons they went out of their way to remind you this fact when he someone literally just tried it like six minutes ago. Didn't fucking play around then, did he? Just ran the guy through and kept going when he was dead. But this time apparently he wants to figure out what she's thinking, and even though his reaction time is so great he could catch her mid flight when she apparently learned to fly because there's nothing nearby to give her that height, he decided that reacting when she dropped the knife when he's staring at her would take too much brain power, and this episode was fresh out.

>today when he spent like 30 sec eye fucking Jon.

He let Jon get closer so he could cast Raise Dead and overwhelm him.

>he spent a lot time on Theon
He let the guy get close and stabbed the fuck out of him with his own weapon instantly. Even if by some miracle he wasn't in a rush he had her and could easily have done one of his death-touches right there.

So in order for this scene to happen, we had to have her run her ass out of a literal warzone, across a hoard of zombies, through the trees filled with zombies, sneak past a literal fucking ring of zombies made specifically for this moment, leap her ass like Micheal Jordan in the air, and then have this guy be fast enough to catch a flying nutter but not fast enough to do his instant-death move when she drops the blade she's holding in just the right way, even though he has her throat.

How is this not the dumbest ending you can think of?

no, spoilers have shown that KL gets blown up and Tyrion gets the blame for it

whiCh thread is the correct one to vent in

fuck it im posting in all of them i tried going to reddit but the NPC soibois all are arguing "dUDe It"S A ZomBIe DrAGoN ShOW FuCK ReAlISm"

WE ALREADY HAD A LITTLE GIRL BURNED TO DEATH AND A MAN'S HEAD CRUSHED IN LYANNA COULDVE BEEN BOTH OF THOSE AND JUST GRUESOMELY KILLED BY A GIANT LIKE IT'S DARK SOULS OR SOME SHIT BUT NO SHE FUCKING ACTION GIRLS AND KILLS A GIANT

THE RED WOMAN JUST APPEARS OUT FO FUCKING NOWHERE

AND THEN FUCKING ARYA OF ALL GODDAMN PEOPLE NOT ONLY KILLS THE NIGHT KING, BUT SHE- A SUPPOSED STEALTH ASSASSIN- FUCKING YELLS RIGHT BEFORE SHE GOES FOR A SNEAK ATATCK

THEY MADE CERSEI THE FINAL BOSS SHE'S NOT EVEN GOING TO LIVE PAST WINDS OF WINTER FUCK THIS FUCKING JEWISH TV SHOW IM FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SOCIETY

Attached: beak pokemon.jpg (1000x991, 231K)

Cercei will win

>Or better yet, organically intertwine the plotlinesand have some shit where the protagonists pull back from the wall and the north entirely, letting it all get overrun as they fall back to the southern provinces, and force Cersei to join them in a fight vs the horde.

Oh man that would've been good.

>Arya teleports to Kings Landing and one shots Cersei

nothing personnel

It's like fighting goro before Shang tsung.

Which is Cersei's doing, Tyrion loses and she wins. Queen cersei is a mostly benevolent dictator who no one questions. role credits.

Imagine a zombie movie.
Imagine you getting introduced to the characters, getting to know them, then the outbreak happens.
Imagine watching scene after scene of panic and carnage while the characters try to survive and civilization dissolves.
And then imagine the government develops a cure for the zombies and disperses it killing all the zombies at around 50 minutes in, then the remainder of the movie is about a work dispute between one of the surviving characters and someone at her job whom she doesn't like.

That's basically what this show just fucking did.

The big huge monumental terrifying thing ends unexpectedly and dumbly, and then the everyday mundane pointless thing (relative to what just happened) that you don't give a fuck about becomes the central focus.

Attached: 1556400689496.gif (498x280, 1.55M)

This

Not a single ballista on a tower to fight the dragon.

And shit everyone said:

>no real trenches
>catapults not pulled back
>dorthraki wasted

I was worried about how the Dothraki would fit into Westerosi society. Would they become a traditional house? Would they stay as raiders?

But the problem took care of itself!

Would have been cool to see them take out a main character or two. Say Jorah is able to slash his way through 100 zombies, but then he gets taken out by a ring wraith I mean white walker.

Literally nothing can stop Arya at this point

>Arya is more powerful than a 100,000+ Dothraki/Unsullied army supported by a castle and fire breathing dragons

were the dothraki the ones to scream 'STOP FIRING' near the beginning?
if so, holy kek
it's a shame they sacrificed believability for drama, almost every single tactical decision they made was retarded
i liked the whole piano scene over everyone losing though, until arya flew in, but it was obvious that it was going to end with that.

Even better:
>flee south after getting btfo up north
>cersie's army is marching to kill you
>use some tactical genius and feint your army's movements
>trick cersie's army into fighting the Army of the Dead
>continue south and let the golden company deal with the problem
>laugh at how you just did to her what she did to you

>Arya gets killing blow even though she had ZERO to do with anything with the white walkers

Why do D&D suck her off so hard

>the shills have begun trying to convince people it wasn’t shit
>she wore white walker faces
>impossible
>all had been animated again so no corpses left
>taking faces is a process
>they don’t really recognize each other from faces but rather from being dead

How is snow going to end up on the Throne when winter and the NK are defeated? Idiots

What was the point of Bran sending out the ravens at the beginning? "I'm going to go now," - do what? Let the Night King know you're there? He already knows where the fuck you are.

This shit has fallen so far that even Yea Forums shitposters can't predict what's going to happen next. Not even they can come up with something so bad, or perhaps they don't want to believe that D&D can.

The snow that starts with Jon, idiot

that part was fucking golden.
they could've pulled off a moderately cool scene with him warging in and out of ravens telling the redshirts + dickless where to shoot, but they removed him from the scene so he could go kill some ravens in dragonfire instead.

I thought he was setting up some sort of keikakku to trump the NK at the last second, but he literally did nothing the entire episode.

Thanks HBO!

muh female empowerment

I drank a ton of liquor and it was still garbage, refunding.

star trek

far cry 3

This is fucking embarrassing m8s

Cool... so no motivation at all.
They implied so often that he had... ideas for the people. For example turning the baby instead of killing.

So he's some guy, powerful for some reason, and you can just prick his skin with Obsidian and he literally explodes. Which he... knows. You'd think he'd wear better armor and have constant body guards.

I'm just so disappointed.

My coworkers are all texting me saying how great it was and I haven't responded yet. What do I even say? Should I just honestly tell them it was one of the worst things I've ever seen put on television? Should I tell them that this episode ruined 8 seasons of build up and hype I had?

Attached: 1515649997679.jpg (526x701, 90K)

Anthem.

It's not worth the hassle, just say "yea it was pretty cool" and be done with it.

>gets nuked with dragonfire but doesn't die
>gets poked with knife forged in dragonfire and explodes

It must be like Mentos not causing an eruption with Coke, but rather with Diet Coke

Well fucking said. Even besides how poorly done every aspect of this episode was, it's just utter bullshit that THIS is the final resolution to main overarching plot that started with the very first scene of episode 1. And now all that's left is MUH THRONE which nobody gives a shit about because the only characters left are all unlikeable cunts. And yet we're supposed to treat the fight for the throne of Dany vs Cersei as being more pivotal than saving mankind from the undead? Come on now.

That's the downside to GRRM's "muh moral grayness" plots. If not handled perfectly, it just results in all characters being unlikeable cunts and then you stop giving a shit whatsoever about what happens to any of them. Hell, up until this point I was unironically rooting for the Night King simply because I was hoping his zombie hordes would kill off more unlikeable cunt characters

True. I've been pretty good about predicting D&D's cliche writing, but with this season it's so bad that you can't even fucking predict it anymore. Remember last episode where they do the "we're all gonna die, wanna fuck? lol" bit with Brienne and Tormund as a cheesy joke, and then the very next scene they do the EXACT SAME BIT between Gendry and Arya and we're supposed to take it 100% seriously? How fucking tone deaf can you be? Middle school kids can write better than this

If you have an army like dothraki that is known for horseback tactics and being offensive isn't that how you would best utilize them?

Remember the hound failing to dig thru the cold solid dirt. How many trenches do you think they could really build in two days?

What other ignorant criticism should I address?

He was overconfident and could have been killed seasons ago.

The Night king isn't the Nights King.
The NIght King is just what the show calls the original Other who was turned by the COI and is their leader

>Why do D&D suck her off so hard
Because she sucks them off so hard.

Not everybody plays video games, but it was still fucking retarded.

ive never felt so good about prefering lord of the rings.

I mean, yeah.
One Obsidian arrow from where he can't see. *explodes*

Trash. Absolute trash.

heh based

The 13th Lord Commander of the Wall who became the Night's King married an other and had children with her that where presumably sacrificed to the others. Until then King of Winter Brandon Stark teamed up with the king beyond the wall and defeated the Night's King. Presumably he was a Stark as well. The Night's King and the shows Night king are two separate things.

The Dothraki arent known for horse archery, they are inspired by the mongols who are. But in the show they dont use archery

>work hard all week because you have at least some assurance that there will be something to look forward to.

>health failing
>job security failing
>no retirement fund at all
>existing debt

It was kinda something we needed? Dont wanna sound pathetic, because I know that's exactly what it sounds like but in this day and age of absolute despair we kinda try to look forward to these events, and when they are half-handed, and quite honestly half-assed, we are needing something to help us through, and with the shit ass writing and "lets just delete characters because we dont consider them popular" just doesnt fly. It's shit and I won't watch anymore HBO after this as a result.

Don't worry, they're going to fuck that one up too. Or did you forget a show is being made that's NOT Silmarillion, but rather a brand new prequel based on nothing

With the numbers they had, many more than one trench could have been dug. The frozen solid ground could have been thawed with dragon breath.

The night King see's through them and also controls them, this is fucking stupid no matter how you try to spin it.

In the Witcher 3 opening cutscene, Yen sends out magpies and they fly into eye sockets and burst out the back of heads. Game of the Year 2015. Game of the Year AGAIN with the expansion the next year.

I mean, why the fuck would you need to play critically acclaimed fantasy video games if you're writing a critically acclaimed fantasy television series. Of course you don't; video games are for faggots and they're not art. So you blow the budget on some bird familiars... kinda just flying around. Changing eye color. Look, you needed just one more on top of a dozen battlefield vantage shots.

I mean... if Emilia Clark was sucking me of I'd do it too. Just saying.

Attached: 1504141790807.jpg (180x217, 12K)

Except the show ending in FMA was way better.

Remember when Yea Forums had all sorts of theories for Night King and the White Walkers, such as NK being an astral projection of future Bran and this being the reason for their connection as well as the reason why NK always seemed to know to be at the exact right place at the exct right time, such as setting up the elaborate trap to kill and resurrect Dany's dragon so he could use it to tear down the wall?

lolnope, turns out it was all just a bunch of bullshit contrivances because dabid can't write for shit.

The truth, coworkers respect individual thoughts

t. Nazi

that was the most anticlimactic shit I have ever seen.
what a fucking let down.

This shitshow alleviates the awfulness of your life that much? S'gonna be a yikes from me.

>can kill anyone instantly
apparently not retard

Says the guy posting on Yea Forums.

>Dont wanna sound pathetic, because I know that's exactly what it sounds like but in this day and age of absolute despair we kinda try to look forward to these events

Attached: 1553537245189.jpg (540x720, 178K)

It doesnt matter how many men you have if you dont have shovels. You would need a lot of equipment for that and I don't think they are gonna be making shovels when they need to make dragon glass weapons.

The dragon fire is a good idea though if they were willing to do it with being underfed.

Everyone I've talked to loved it, especially the females. Only one guy I talked to hated it and thought NK was pointless if he was just going to die that way.

>Put Unsullied on the frontline with a proper shield phalanx, instead of that lame as fuck shit they piece-mealed together.
>Have Dothraki on the backside of Winterfell
>Unsullied properly prevent the initial wave from penetrating.
>Dothraki flank from either side, Rohirrim style.

HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP?!

Says the guy whose mental well being literally depends on a fantasy tv show.

It’s plausible that Aria would be capable of assassinating him. She has the highest stealth and Assassin training of everyone in the show right now.

So what did Bran even do with those birds? Did Bran have any plan at all?

Same with my friends. All the w*men uncriticall love it because they're all brainlets who just like things happening on screen and strong independent womyn bullshit. The guys I talked to ranged from neutral to pissed

This has to be a troll. Holy soiboy.

Did you get your dopamine kick from belittling a person for trying to open up on an user msg board?

they killed of the night king in ep3 because the show's point is HUMANS WERE THE MONSTERS ALL ALONG

Tru lad but this wouldn't be an issue if fat ass could write more than one chapter a year. I think part of the reason this sucks is because this could very likely be the only resolution to a story that started 23 years ago.

D&D blow but tbf they ran out of source material years ago. It was their job to adapt an story and Martin's job to provide the story. He didn't hold up his end so we're stuck with a couple of assholes trying to conclude a story that's way out of their league.

Attached: 1544165576444.jpg (507x500, 38K)

IT IS KNOWN

Attached: 1555904996766.jpg (276x277, 21K)

>open up on an user msg board

Attached: 1555557127470.png (380x467, 26K)

Different user.

>Xhansha

You know what would have made this better?
Benjen magically being alive, and coming back to Winterfell.

So thats not allowed? Sorry but your standards dont apply here.

Attached: 223.png (855x412, 710K)

BUT YOU DREAM, Yea Forums

YOUR HYPE LONG ENDED WHEN YOU WAITED TWO YEARS FOR SIX EPISODES AND FILLED YOUR DAYS POSTING NIGHT KING THEORIES AND YELLING CLEGANEBOWL, BECAUSE YOU'VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH ALL THE THINGS THAT DESTROY FRANCHISES.
DO YOU NOT SEE? AND YOU, AS WELL AS I, KNOW, THAT AS THE SEASONS DECLINE, AND THE WRITING STALES, AND ALL YOUR BURLINGTON BAR REACTION VIDEOS FADE, IT WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED, YOU LEFT HYPE IN SEASON 2.

Attached: Alexander.png (401x360, 316K)