Wow his film goes straight to shit right after Benedict Wong offs himself

Wow his film goes straight to shit right after Benedict Wong offs himself

10/10 sci-fi drama to "let's yell at each other for stupid reasons, also slasher villain now"

Attached: 220px-Sunshine_poster.jpg (220x322, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ab3NscEJ80s
youtube.com/watch?v=seLSnsSlk5k
youtube.com/watch?v=ENNFJFtBalI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

best 1st 2/3rd of a sci-fi movie.

>Kaneda, what do you see?

Attached: whatthe.png (224x224, 62K)

>tfw.flashes in the ashes

Astronauts losing it in space is a genuine concern of NASA, to the point that there is a pre-established standard operation procedure to deal with such circumstances.

Several astronauts have testified that it is fairly easy to lose it in space, to loose your connection with your fellow person.

Sunshine is about finding divinity, a force that can totally consume your body and soul.

Anyone who hates the "third act" doesn't understand that very simple premise.

Attached: SS-what do you see.webm (800x337, 2.86M)

>shitty opinion
>retard spacing
every fucking time

This aged like milk. Looks like complete ass now.

F I L T E R E D
I
L
T
E
R
E
D

yeah ok but it got reduced to "run from the melty-meat man who survived out here" instead of continuing the "is there something divine or do we create it ourselves?" shit from earlier on

then again it's been fuckin years since i've watched the movie, maybe im letting memes cloud my memory

Attached: bruh.png (537x358, 271K)

Is that all you have to offer? My grammar?

Maybe for you, Pinbacker's obsession follows the same line of thought. There is a reason that the idea is so prevalent in science-fiction, be it from the first episode of Twilight Zone, Armageddon, Event Horizon, and several more films that I can't immediately recall.

It is a common theme because it has long been an acknowledged concern. Big story recently was a NASA job offer to to anyone willing to spend several months lying in bed to see if such isolation and circumstance is sustainable for human beings.

In long-term space-travel, you can lose perspective.

Attached: Sunshine.gif (500x500, 1004K)

legit my favourite film, don't bully

Don't forget the absolute kinotographie "Pandorum"

Attached: Pandorum.jpg (337x500, 57K)

Mine too mate.

Attached: tfw sunshine soundtrack is your life soundtrack.jpg (489x750, 223K)

If the ending wasn't shot so poorly, I would've appreciated it for turning into a monster movie like it did. Pic related is one of my all time favorites despite its many flaws because of its sharp right turn into shlock at the end. But the end of Sunshine felt like I was in a fucking washing machine.

Attached: A-Cure-for-Wellness-2017.jpg (300x445, 15K)

loved this except for that monster chase kung fu inthe middle.
Antje tits are best

Fucking hell this movie had great potential. DeHaan looked great as well.

>By the time you get this message
>I'll be in the dead zone
> It came a little sooner than we thought
>but this means you won't be able to send a message back
>So, I just wanted to let you know that I don't need the message
>because I know everything you wanna say
>Just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth
> which means you'll know we've succeeded >about eight minutes after we deliver the payload
>All you have to do is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky
>So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day
>you'll know we made it
> Okay, I'm signing out and I'll see you in a couple years

It isn't a monster movie FFS, it is all based in the fragility of humanity and the human mind.

It is an ongoing theme throughout the entire movie.

Attached: SS-M.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

which scenes were shot badly in your opinion user? like I thought the dude being absorbed by the sun was great

Thought this was Mission to Mars. That is kino

always thought the courage the cowardly dog episode where the lightbulb in the sun is going out and he has to fly out to go replace it was based off this movie
later i found out that episode came out years before this movie so im thinking what the fuck

were both these things based off some old scifi movie or book or something?

Restarting the sun has been a sci fi theme for a while but not a very popular one.

>Mission to Mars
>kino

Attached: 1518315644843.jpg (600x600, 38K)

>BBBIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGUUUUUYYYYYY
Can’t believe how long it took me to undertand this scene
Crashing this spaceship, with no survivors!

Attached: 2BE0FF3B-D3F4-4C9C-9286-952711C5F5AE.jpg (1284x544, 103K)

Cute starfu deserved more screentime

Attached: FE089F80-9934-4F04-9D28-218959105694.jpg (1920x806, 238K)

What is the SOP in dealing with a crazy astronaut?

>Only dream I ever have...
> is it the surface of the sun?
>Everytime I shut my eyes...
>it's always the same

youtube.com/watch?v=ab3NscEJ80s

Attached: Sadfu Sunshine.jpg (824x343, 83K)

eh, I don’t mind a good ol shit hits the fan ending if it’s well executed and the rest of the movie was good.

This. First hour of the movie is actual fucking kino then it all goes to shit.

Man the movie had such a sombre vibe.

Chris Evans best role. Michelle Yeoh is hot as fuck in this, too.

Tie them up with duct-tape.

Cited several times by Science Channel programs such as Space's Deepest Secrets, Through the Wormhole, and How the Universe Works.

>then it all goes to shit
No, it didn't. The mental health angle was present from beginning to ending.

Attached: sunshine.jpg (486x750, 75K)

I prefer the bootleg version from before they managed to get the copyrights from the studio to release the soundtrack. I know it's objectively inferior but that's the version we had for 10 years untill they actually released a official score.

youtube.com/watch?v=seLSnsSlk5k

It was ripped from a 5.1 mix of the dvd release so it had like some sound effects mixed in it.

I didnt have a problem with the ending. What I DID have a problem with was the melting man's motivations in destroying his own ship and crew.

The Icarus mission is supposed to be THE most single important space mission in humanity. The lives of the entire earth depend on this working. Yet somehow during Icarus 1, an astronaut that CLEARLY was a religious zealot was allowed to captain Icarus 1. I just dont see how thats even possible. Going crazy in space is one thing and being a jihadi on board is another.

>Chris Evans best role
I like that if they just did what Mace said every time then each problem would have been avoided.
I also like the Mace/Kapa dynamic which pays off in the 'should we kill Trey' scene.
>You're asking me if we should sacrifice one man for the unknown chance of saving everyone else?
Mace looks at him like, shit, of course bleeding heart Kapa won't cold-bloodely murder a guy for a non-calculable possibility
>Fuck it, kill him

based

The movie is all about how long-term space travel can fuck with your perspective. Make you forget why you are where you are, your duties and responsibility. That you can perceive new relationships with the universe that are outside your previous purview. Pinbacker was the best person to demonstrate as much because he was a lead.

Kaneda displayed some of the same obsessive behavior as Pinbacker. Point being, that it was not relatable to only one person, but an effect on several individuals. Searle was little different.

The only person that stayed on course was Mace, but even he struggled.

Attached: Sunshine-ER.webm (1280x534, 2.74M)

>I like that if they just did what Mace said every time then each problem would have been avoided.
Yeah but Kappa was still technically right. This wasnt a leisure mission and two bombs was always a better idea. They just didnt factor in that Icarus 1 might be sabotaged rather than simply damaged.

No I get it. Its just that they gave Searle this whole Christian zealot attitude. Something like that would show up in personality tests or psych exams. Maybe the dialogue needed a bit of tweaking.

It is not a stretch, security clearances and background checks have been proven to be next to useless by several prominent events and disclosures in the last decade.

They aren't full-proof, and the mentally unbalanced skip through such procedures all the time. I'm prior service myself, and I have seen guys that didn't deserve as much as parking pass get security clearances.

I'm doing an internship at the U.S. Air Force Academy now, and there are numerous Cadets that get clearance for certain information only to reveal themselves that they are unworthy of such access.

Be it mental illness or the inability to keep certain information sacred, it happens on one case after another. Vetting is far from a perfect art.

Humanity is fallible, another lesson given by Sunshine.

Attached: Sunshine-W'reoSd.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Great movie, the ending has grown on me with rewatches.

Fuck this dumb whore, she almost killed the entire human fuckin race with her refusal to vote to kill the dead weight. She should have never been allowed on the mission but then again, sending any women at all on the most important mission in the history of mankind is a laughable premise in itself. I can get beyond that absurdity and enjoy the movie for what it is though.

I see.........Nanjing...

pump the brakes kid. Your little "security clearance" you and your friends have is nothing compared to the highest level ones given out, that do require rigorous intense background check and personality assessment. There are hundreds of thousands of low lvl clearances, and much fewer of the top clearances.

The idea that somebody unstable and prone to some kind of messiah complex is unlikely considered how selective and important these missions were. That's ok, it's just a movie, but it wouldn't go down like that in real life.

Why does the 3rd act pleb filter?

You have to really pay attention to Searle's behaviour and demeanour, and how it changes over the course of the film to not get blindsided by Pinbacker, I suspect autists aren't good enough at reading emotional states for that.

>Humans acting like humans
>WHORE

Best lay off the Dew for a while there bud

The music's just too perfect, I ear jizz every rewatch: youtube.com/watch?v=ENNFJFtBalI

If we forsake our humanity, what is the worth of any humanity that survives?

That is cute calling me kid, I'm 31 year old combat wounded veteran.

Rigorous as President Trump granting the highest access to those that would have failed the most basic "Secret" clearance checks?

>The idea that somebody unstable and prone to some kind of messiah complex is unlikely considered how selective and important these missions were

Chelsea Manning
Edward Snowden
Reality Winter

Several government contractors that have been linked to sharing state secrets for personal profit.

You are fooling yourself if you think that the U.S. is capable of keeping anything secret.

searle being low-key nuts on a fucking suicide mission does not in any way foreshadow the invincible melting man.

He's going crazy in exactly the same way as Pinbacker, exposing himself to the sun more and more, getting more obsessed every time, even allowing himself to get severe burns doing so. The psychosis and whatever it is about the sun that causes it is exactly the same for both of them, and Searle would have ended up just the same as he did if he didn't get killed first.

It wasn't a suicide mission until their ship was sabotaged and they no longer had enough Oxygen to get them back home

searle is simply trying to find a way to not think about the fact he is going to fucking die in a few weeks no matter what, success or failure. No amount of exposure is going to turn him into the invincible fucking melting man.

see
He started his descent into madness long before then.

The line "So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it." was specifically stating it was a suicide mission with a very low chance of success, much less return.

All of humanity was more than a little mad because they were facing certain extinction.

>The line "So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it." was specifically stating it was a suicide mission
No it wasn't, the ship would be out of comms range for a lot of the mission and he was pointing out that despite not getting messages from them, the people on Earth would be able to tell that they've succeeded within a few minutes of the payload being delivered because the sun would start shining brightly again

>get close to the dying sun and "restart" it
>not a suicide mission

Yea, you might have the tism. The entire story is one about sacrifice. How the prospect of certain looming death would affect the mind of an entire species. So one dude becoming the invincible melting man because he went EXTRA insane was fucking retarded.

For even the most cursory knowledge of modern space travel would tell anyone there is no way they're ever going to get back, and the idea of a return mission is nothing but a comforting lie told to the families of those sacrificing themselves for the sake of humanity.

Did you perhaps notice that the ship they were in was specifically designed to get close to the sun? And how about this line after they get sabotaged

>As it stands now, we don't have enough oxygen reserves to get us to our payload delivery point, let alone to survive the return journey.