Tell me Captain, if the Federation is made up of over 180 worlds

Why are all its ships named after ancient earth shit and crewed almost entirely by humans?

Attached: Dukat.jpg (293x240, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCt-Cm4URWY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Colonization, you Cardassian filth.

Jews still exist in the year 2370

Racism, the Klingons literally called them out on this in Undiscovered Country.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 8K)

Tell me captain, why does this "Flagship of the Federation" of yours has no one from two out of four founder races onboard? And no one from the third one is anywhere near any significant position?

If you're just here to race-bait, Dukat, take it to the Pol Sector. We're busy actually doing worthwhile things here.

Attached: main-kira.jpg (200x240, 27K)

>We're busy actually doing worthwhile things here.
That's a big claim

Cucking Odo isn’t exactly worthwhile

Starfleet =/= Federation, you silly spoonhead

Wait a fucking second Garak, are you suggesting we've colonized worlds, taken all their good shit, enslaved them and maybe even had a universal holocaust too? How dare you. Take my inside leg measurement again and say nothing else.

Attached: what did he mean by this.webm (768x576, 1.57M)

IT's REALLLLLLLL!

>Garak

Attached: 8888.webm (576x432, 435K)

Space empirelets, when will they learn?

Attached: 1493411136205.gif (2548x2000, 601K)

>Garak

Attached: 81B3DBAA-149B-41FD-A891-126BD0BF60D8.gif (250x196, 896K)

>Garak

So we all look the same to you, Captain?

Attached: dukat.jpg (550x225, 21K)

>Wait a minute Garak
>Garak

Attached: 1448202187038.gif (200x170, 2.9M)

And STD but we don't talk about here

Now show Borg space that takes up nearly the entire Delta quadrant.

Aren't those ships build on human shipyards near human worlds? It would make sense they are manned by the natives.
But that's actually what I never understood in star trek, why are other species contributing fuck all to the effort?
If those other speciec don't have military might, or contribute strongly to the economy the federation counsil (or whatever they call it in trek) would have even less relevance than present day UN.

Gottim

cause humans are cool bro your names suck

>entire species has one hairstyle

Yes you do.

Have sex

Attached: bajoran gf.png (1018x526, 34K)

>quadrants in a 3rd plane extending infinitely on the z axis
What did they mean by this?

That's just the military you bigot. Now tell the truth

This is what bothered me most about Kira. She blamed everything on the Occupation. Just get the fuck over it and move on already.

>But that's actually what I never understood in star trek, why are other species contributing fuck all to the effort?
Because it's basically space NATO.

Attached: 1397D676-D6AD-4543-8623-E7331BE7B460.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

We really need one for Cardassian gf...
>I'm fertile user... we could have many children.
>Why are you being so nice? I thought you liked me.

Attached: cardassian-fu.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

So, a tremendous waste of resources for slight political gain?

>Cardie occupation is less deadly than communism

Attached: say what.gif (270x223, 1.16M)

But the Feddie's President is always non-human.

God, she made me diamonds.

Here you go

Attached: cardassian gf.png (1160x571, 33K)

I only realized last year that that was Captain Lochley

Attached: 1510029598045.png (1485x263, 14K)

It's a figurehead position. The Federation is a military dictatorship with good PR. Starfleet runs everything, remember the DS9 episode where they found out Bashir was genetically modified? The guy who came looking for him wasn't some kind of "Federation cop," it was a Starfleet officer. Starfleet is the only law enforcement organization in the Federation and they make all choices about foreign policy, diplomacy and division of resources. Note how Sarek as ambassador is always working with Starfleet, never any politicians.

Plus Starfleet has Section 31 to handle a lot of its dirty work.

Attached: section31.jpg (556x424, 26K)

This explains why no one ever talks about politics or who they voted for.

B&RP

Star Trek's creators were trying to imagine a utopian future where all cultures are equal under a benevolent state and everyone works together for the common good.

Unwittingly, they depicted the only way that such a culture could actually work: if it's a "federation" in name only and one culture overwhelmingly dominates. Alien races in the Federation are code for foreign ethnicities and cultures in real life. On Federation ships, 95% of the crew are human and aliens are outliers. This is how "multiculturalism" can work in reality, with one culture defining the milieu and having an overwhelming majority and other members welcomed if they can adopt the norms of the host culture.

Can you imagine how well the Federation would work if, say, 30% of its members were Romulan? Imagine if the Enterprise had a one-third Romulan minority who adhered to Romulan cultural norms instead of human norms, forming an insular clique and pursuing Romulan interests. Could the utopian social model of the Federation work in such a case? Certainly not.

youtube.com/watch?v=oCt-Cm4URWY

>every single other species is humored for its interesting cultural quirks
>only so far as they don't interfere with any of the hardline morality or regulations set by the dominant race
>everyone knows klingons are violent meatheads, sensible chuckle
>everyone knows ferengi are conniving little jews, sensible chuckle
>everyone knows vulcans are starched sheets, sensible chuckle
>meet a new race
>wow, what an ugly bunch of fish people, sensible chuckle

They don't get into it much through the series but starships were mostly crewed with the inhabitants of the system that built them. When Humans made starfleet starships they'd mostly be crewed with humans. If Vulcans built a starfleet starship, it would mostly be crewed with Vulcans. We see one of these ships in DS9's Take Me Out to the Holosuite where a ship's crew of all Vulcans challenges the DS9 crew to a game of Baseball. If we're being honest, the starfleet is a bit of a human's club. At least on screen they seem to hold most of the admiralty, have built the most ships, and have the most people in the captain's chair.

Attached: Star Trek DS9 ben sisko facepalm.gif (300x300, 976K)

actually you've only see the ships that feature mostly humans because we group them according to their ideal environment. for example there are ships with high humidity that are crewed by all amphibious species, others made for insectoids and others that feature different breathable atmospheres.

because makeup was cheaper and easier that way
seriously

Because humanity has succeeded in doing what you stupid cardies can only dream of - establishing a truly powerful empire with your home planet as the seat of power. The Cardassian Union is (was, lol) a cheap, poor copy of the Federation. Humans have not only conquered all of their neighbors and beyond, but they did it through not just conquest, but diplomacy and subterfuge. Their vassal states are there willingly and they buy into the whole "humans are good people who lead us to prosperity and provide security". The other worlds are comfortable with those ship names because they know who rules them.

"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness."

You said this. Humans do this on a regular basis. You stupid Cardies couldn't even subdue a bunch of backward, religious vermin who were at least 100 years behind your race in development.

Attached: STVKaptain.jpg (543x511, 24K)

Have some standards.

Attached: Dejar.jpg (428x418, 12K)

An all Vulcan ship is depicted in this very fucking series, lorelet.

Ironically, that all-Vulcan ship is treated as an oddity. You hear people saying with incredulity "an all-VULCAN ship!". Sure, "Vulcan transports" and "Vulcan medical ships" are a dime a dozen all over the quadrant. But a Vulcan Starfleet ship is like a rare jewel.