Opinions on Harmony Korine?

Opinions on Harmony Korine?

Attached: 220px-HarmonyKorine07TIFF.jpg (220x336, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzKCG2Kv5h4
youtube.com/watch?v=KRO6jZgQ6i4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jude

I like him. Not saying he necessarily is a great person or has the most moral view of life ever, but I think he's a good artist.

Trash Humpers is one of the best found footage films, and Gummo is shot really really well

He used to have sex with really hot chicks but now he's married to a swamp hag

like all gen x directors not named david fincher it seems like he's struggling to remain relevant these days.

He used to be attractive now he looks like a middle eastern carpet salesman

Spring Breakers was the best film of that year and Beach Bum was pretty damn funny and charming

suck it suck it don’t fuck it

Rachel is qt

Attached: 130313.jpg (648x854, 435K)

I very rarely hate a film, at best I'm indifferent or didnt care for it, but I truly hated Spring Breakers. Hated Kids when I saw it in high school and I didnt even really have taste then. Something about his films just rub me the wrong way and I cant even really explain why. Like I dont like capeshit but even that doesnt rub me the wrong way the way his attempts at arthouse do.

Agreed. Yeah Beach Bum was pretty great. As someone who used to live that way though, and among a lot of people like that, the message is overrated though. Kicking around with drunks and methheads at dive bars bets depressing fast.

what's up baby you want some of my ass?
youtube.com/watch?v=CzKCG2Kv5h4

sup bitch

Attached: 1529831178056.jpg (600x399, 73K)

that's not the message. the message was literally spelled out by jonah hill: being rich owns because you can be a colossal asshole and everyone just has to smile and take it.

He's jealous that he'll never make a single film as good as Buffalo '66

Attached: Buffalo 66.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

God

I really liked Spring Breakers but that's because I've really lived in a world like that so it just seemed true... where you stand morally or critically on that doesn't matter to me, it just is. But I think a lot of people watch it and wonder how he can depict something so shallow and often destructive and not seem to criticize it more. I can understand that because that kind of subject-matter / landscape can be pretty awful and a real minefield and I realize it might just be grating or triggering for some people.

>I didnt even really have taste then
Judging by the rest of your post, you still don't.

it always struck me as pretty odd that he'd cast his wife in a film about thots and then have her be the only one who shows her tits on camera.

But he'll also never make one as bad as The Brown Bunny.

Such is the curse of being a hedonist. The film was definitely way more hedonistic (and laid back) than I’ll ever be but I think it summed up it’s points well. It’s like Margaritaville the grungy film edition
I think you’re thinking of art school confidential, lel

I don't think his stuff boils down to simple messages like that. I think he just presents things, but that if there is something at all like a message or sentiment or attitude to his movies, it definitely leans towards enjoyment for the sake of itself, reveling in the trashiness, being cool and fun. There's a little bit of tyranny to his worldview, of the cool, fun people at the expense of the uncool, boring people.

I think she was the only one willing to.

I used to be one of the biggest hedonists, but being as self-interested as I was, I managed to survive it even as all my old party-buddies died or burned out, and so here I am inexplicably not only alive but in good health and still youthful. But I can't have come through it all without realizing just how actually miserable and bleak it often was and the toll it took. I actually party a bit more again these days but I definitely how many years I barely remember now.

you're an idiot

Because I'm the only person on Earth who didnt like Spring Breakers or Kids? Hes a Lynch fanfic writer, nothing more.

>Hes a Lynch fanfic writer, nothing more
You can dislike Korine but saying he's a Lynch fanfic writer is objectively false.

Being weird for the sake of being weird is the calling card of a Lynch fanfic writer. At least Lynch had a rhyme and reason to his obscurantism, Korine seems to think the weirdness is the value when theres no through line to his """storytelling""".

Seriously, what do you think he was trying to convey with Spring Breakers?

You just obviously have a very limited knowledge of film.

>what do you think he was trying to convey with Spring Breakers?

This is the kind of question asked by a pleb.

Can't tell if he's a hack or not, which is actually pretty cool.

Fpbp

Unf she is. There's just something about her.

Attached: IMG_3949.png (606x352, 344K)

Gummo is his only good film. Used to be an interesting artist in the 90s, but everything hes made after Gummo has been garbage...

>When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

>The only impact Harmony Korine will have will be on the lives of the girls he slipped drugs to, got stoned and raped while they were passed out. An autobiographical scenario he chose to include in his average screenplay ‘Kids.' I’ll fuck your ass Cary Woods.

Attached: Buffalo66.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Thank god he loses his Macross license allowing Robotech to die off. Now they can import the later Macross shows and the 84 movie.

Attached: Roboshit.png (180x94, 25K)

He's an interesting dude. I'm reading A Crackup At The Race Riots now and it's pretty good, and his Letterman interviews are kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=KRO6jZgQ6i4