Is Avengers Endgame unironically the most iconic movie of all time?

Is Avengers Endgame unironically the most iconic movie of all time?

Attached: Avengers Endgame.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-record-global-china-international-box-office-1202601752/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For what? Once you get past it being new you'll see there's nothing really memorable about it, and it was more of an attempt at an emotional conclusion than a reasonable one.

no because there's zero attraction for people who dont care about superhero flicks

i'd say titanic is the most iconic

Nobody cares about Titanic anymore, it was never as popular as the Avengers

people above 30YO dont care about superhero flicks
titanic is the legend, there were films since 20s. expect few more to come in future too

this
it lacks on MANY parts, but I still liked it for being the culmination of literally 10 (?) years of prequels and the fight with a huge cast
it's good, but not as good as Infinity War, and maybe on the same level of Avengers 1

No. Avatar and Titanic are still top-class films. Even among superhero films, The Dark Knight is considered to be much more iconic.

Bmovies.cz has a good cam. I'm watching it right now.

If you're under 14, yeah.

The most iconic movie of all time for me is GATTACA.

Attached: Gattaca_1997_movie_poster.jpg (800x1200, 265K)

It's as good as capeshit will get

Why is it that every time a new Marvel movie comes out it gets hyped as the best capeshit ever?

Why does it always take a month or two for the newness to wear off so fair and critical discussions can occur?

No, not even close
> 1. Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
> 2. Cinderella
> 3. Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
> 4. Titanic
> 5. Gone With the Wind
> 6. The Wizard of Oz
> 7. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
> 8. Alice in Wonderland
> 9. The Lion King
> 10. Star Wars: A New Hope
> 11. Toy Story
> 12. Harry Potter
> 13. Back to the Future
> 14. The Matrix
> 15. The Godfather
> 16. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
> 17. Singin' in the Rain
> 18. Jurassic Park
> 19. Casablanca
> 20. Spirited Away
> 21. Shawshank Redemption
> 22. Pulp Fiction
> 23. Return of the King
> 24. Frozen
> 25. Pan's Labyrinth

No. Star Wars is, for better or worse.

>Avatar
>top class
Stop posting on Yea Forums, James. Go film a sequel that you'll never release.

Star Wars should be higher then Gone With the Wind

>critical discussions can occur
When has there ever been a critical discussion about capeshit on Yea Forums?

Decent list, actually. Star Wars should be combined into 1 and placed higher up the list.

Harry Potter is absolutely an iconic YA book. It is not a particularly iconic film, let alone #11 of tall time.

>Frozen
How do you figure?

titanic is pretty iconic, but it has to be an older movie. the Godfather, Casablanca, there are a bunch

Literally everyone has heard of Frozen, it's iconic as fuck & Let it Go is the most iconic movie theme song since Star Wars

Star Wars is the most iconic movie series ever.

>Literally everyone has heard of Frozen
Then why the fuck isn't the Avengers on your list?

Star Wars was a monster in 1977. Literally unparalleled and unmatched in its success. It didn't have 3D, IMAX or Disney shit to boost it's box office like Endgame.

>or Disney shit
way to out yourself as a conspiracy poster

Exactly this. Everyone I've spoken to about it has said "oh it's great" but they can't really remember what happened for most of it. They got sucked in by their emotional investment (and, to be honest, they're not the brightest people, either) so they felt like it was a brilliant film without it actually being so.

Only two people I know have admitted it was bad, and one's got really kino taste as it is, and the other is a high-functioning autistic. All that says to me is that you need to turn off your brain to watch Endgame.

Recognizability is only half of the equation to what makes something iconic, you need to maintain your critical acclaim years after your initial release. Every Capeshit film except The Dark Knight was forgotten

>you need to maintain your critical acclaim years after your initial release
You realize the 4th Avengers movie just made a billion dollars in three days, right?
You're functionally retarded if you think Avengers is less iconic than Frozen or Pan's Labyrinth.
Hell, what is Pulp Fiction doing on that list? It's a good movie, but it's not one of the most iconic films of all time.

Hell, what makes Harry Potter more iconic than Avengers?

> Pulp Fiction isn't one of the most iconic films Ever
Kill yourself Zoomer

Attached: Highest Rated Movies.png (853x1017, 54K)

I think you meant to say infinity war

Quality and iconic aren't the same thing.
I admitted it's a great movie. There's a lot of great movies that aren't iconic.

Hell, your own picture goes against you. Why aren't Seven Samurai and M or any of the other missing movies on your list of most iconic movies?

So your telling me this bitch could've easily defeated Thanos this whole time?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 4.01.45 PM.png (249x356, 161K)

It isn't quite as good a film as I remembered. It's decent. And there are some amazing moments like the ending and the swimming scenes.

What sets it apart though, is how it's so creepily prescient. I don't recall any scifi film that starts to look more realistic as time goes by. Combine Crispr with SpaceX, mix in coastal 1%ters near eugenistic assortative mating & NIMBYism to keep the riff raff out, and you're @ 80% Gattaca already.

She could defeat anyone if she wasn't such a moody cunt.

No, but Infinity War could make a much better claim than Endgame.

Unironically yes.

Avatar was just every single "white man joins native tribe" story ever written, only with mechs and space cats. The only thing people remember about Avatar is that it had good special effects.

titanic also has 0 attraction if you don't care about faggy romance flicks

deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-record-global-china-international-box-office-1202601752/

She can only defeat people BECAUSE of her moodiness, retard

>No moment where all the Avengers gang up on Thanos
My only gripe

ignoring romance there's still huge chunk of adventure and disaster movie

Lmao, no kid.

No. Indiana Jones is.
You see a guy in a hat and with a whip, you instantly think of H. Ford.
Indiana Jones was so iconic that it refreshed whole genere of adventure movies. There were dozens of rips off, including games too.

This is what would've really made me loose my shit.
Iron man, cap and thor ganging up on him was pretty cool though.

>this bitch
You take that back RIGHT NAOW

Attached: large.jpg (500x680, 278K)

People were fucking audibly crying and sobbing in the movie theater during Iron man's death scene
these weren't even kids, these were grown ass adults
I couldn't fucking believe my ears
What the FUCK is your LIFE
IMAGINE CRYING OVER CAPESHIT
IMAGINE

Attached: 1336520212404.gif (144x144, 739K)

The oposite is true. It´s a forgettable blockbuster flick just like the other 20 something marvel movies. Decent entertainment full of colour and explosions but without any real substance that would make it iconic, remarkable, memorable or relevant for cinematic history. I guess i can understand how 00´s kids that have not known real cinema could feel this movie is something big (people of 23 or above that are into this shit should really take a look to their lives) but the only relevant acomplishement of the MCU is making an arc that connects 20 movies and i am not even sure that´s an acomplishment at all. In my eyes the MCU is just very high budget television, let alone iconic cinematographically speaking.

Now if you meant Endgame as an icon, not of cinema, but of the decadence of contemporary pop culture then sure, i´ll say it´s iconic and it will be remember. (as part of what killed cinema)

That's why it collapses in week 2. Everyone rushed to see it in the opening weekend, will sit there thinking about it, and many won't see it twice.

this is much closer to the definition of iconic
i'd say james bond personally, but indy is a contender

>faggy romance flicks
Let me guess, you're a big guy who doesn't need woman bullshit.

>would've really made me loose my shit
Imagine the smell of user's theater.

why do all of the characters roast each other so much? is this what we want to be teaching to our kids?

Anyone else pissed off that the characters think the only way to activate the infinity stones is to snap? I thought that was only said by gamora to show how easily thanos could control the universe

>cant take a little light, friendly banter
i bet you're a lot of fun

maybe half of it is friendly banter, the other half is steeped in contempt. I understand they fought each other in civil war but these people are shitty to each other

>capeshit
>unironically the most iconic movie
You're an idiot.

>That's why it collapses in week 2
Just like Infinity War, right?

>billion dollars in three days
>the work of the marketing department is a sign of the quality of the film

Why is this generation so stupid?

>Hell, what is Pulp Fiction doing on that list? It's a good movie, but it's not one of the most iconic films of all time.

wut

Attached: pulp-fiction.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Goodfellas is really overrated. Surprised not to see shawshank redemption on that list because it's overrated as well

Star Wars is the most iconic movie of all time.
Endgame will probably be the most iconic movie of the 2010's though.

Attached: MV5BNzVlY2MwMjktM2E4OS00Y2Y3LWE3ZjctYzhkZGM3YzA1ZWM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (1820x2827, 1.36M)

>literally cannot read
I never said anything about quality numbnuts. The question is about being ICONIC.
If we were talking about best movies, half that shit wouldn't be on the list at all.

>it has a screengrab that everyone knows, therefore it's the 22nd most iconic movie of all time

> Iconic = Similar to "classic," iconic is generally restricted to more recent, highly original, influential, or unique, works of art, artists, or performers. As such they are now well-established and widely celebrated in popular culture.

>capeshit
>iconic
this hat and whip are more iconic that any cgi capeshit

Attached: han solo.jpg (498x537, 19K)

Harley Quinn's outfit in Suicide Squad is more iconic than anything this movie had to offer. A month from now there won't be much to talk about other than "bruh Tony Stark ded". Nothing else happened in the movie. Same with tonights GoT episode that is getting overhyped as shit. Nothing iconic will happen. Nothing worth remembering will happen. It's the last season. Whatever happens really won't matter at all.

get a job jerry

Nope.

>thor yelling to some kid over fortnite
there is nothing iconic about this movie

>influential
>well-established
>widely celebrated
How exactly does that not apply to Avengers? Before you say "MCU isn't highly original" neither is a lot of stuff on that list.

Fuck off, beaner.

this is Iconic for two film series

Attached: depositphotos_1138922-stock-illustration-pencil.jpg (881x1023, 38K)

This. The Thanos snap has become a meme (and iconic), but that's IW's contribution, not EG's.

>this entire thread is arguing with Zoomers and their "BABBY'S FIRST EPIC" mentality a day after seeing some big, noisy movie

Attached: 1528328452819.png (578x424, 431K)

It wasn't even better than infinity war. The tone was shit and all over the place, even by mcu standards

iconic? yes, of all time? no

I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasnt great.

It was a pretty mismanaged 3 hours, it was 60% lengthy drama, 25% chase and travel, 15% action
It had 3 or so major decision making mistakes like the handling of Hulk and Thor

Id give Infinity war a 92.
End games fair range is 65 - 82. I give it a 78.