How can Netflix or Apple's future streaming service possibly hope to compete...

How can Netflix or Apple's future streaming service possibly hope to compete? Neither has the beast of Disney's back catalogue. Netflix is already spending 8 billion a year on original content and most of their originals are shitty.

Meanwhile Apple has an insane amount of money but have yet to show anything except big names.

Disney looks like it is going to wipe the floor with them.

Attached: 1556419357515.jpg (1547x1030, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9hLowmoU5nU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who here /poz/?

/disney poz/ that is

nobody will pay for Disney + just for their old stuff.
where are the new shows?

Why are the majority of Netflix's originals so bad when they're spending so much money?

Nobody in Hollywood has ideas; they live in a constant haze of cocaine and matcha

There’s Mandalorian.

Also you’re wrong, I’m 100% paying for Disney+ for old shows. The entire Simpsons series will be on it, and hopefully they bring back the really dope Disney Channel original films like The Paper Brigade, Motocrossed, Smart House, Johnny Tsunami, Jett Jackson, Don’t Look Under the Bed, and maybe they’ll even throw the entire Even Stevens series on there for classic LaBeouf kino

Disney has an insane backlog to mine nostalgia from, and if they’re gonna be releasing films on the service earlier than home video stuff it’s going to be killer. Netflix is toast

disney is racist they wont show older movies and any movie with blood or gore. so people who are not sissies won't be pleased by bland and family friendly shit

I don't know, they have a lot of shit since they bought 20th Century Fox and $8 is the better deal.
I'll probably still just rotate them

I won't stay $8 for long

You answered your own question. They care more about buying as much content as possible to fill up their catalogue, than actually making sure it's up to an acceptable standard.

I can understand just wanting lots of content eseailyy since they're going to start losing lots of licences but the few good shows they have are what get people excited. They should at least try to have a couple HBO tier shows and then lots of middle and low tier shows to fill space in between. HBO's budget is only a quarter of Netflix's so it should be doable.

Netflix is the current giant and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. The ones who'll struggle are Hulu, Apple, Amazon, DC's streaming service, etc...

Zoey 101

90% of the shit you want wont be on it

Attached: 1423867861369.jpg (803x688, 124K)

>muh nostalgia
>member the 90s?!

>DC's streaming service
is this even a thing?

Nostalgia is a huge seller, friends is one of the most watched shows on Netflix

that's where you can watch popular hit shows like Titans and Doom Patrol

Attached: p15910945_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 439K)

Disney Plus refuses to play "sensitive" content
Never spending a dime on this.

You seem nasty

>Disney make good content

Attached: 1525543106782.jpg (700x734, 107K)

>I could rub one out to Ren any time I want
What a time to be alive

Nowadays I would say the bulk of streaming is about "binge watching" shows. Old shows like The Office and Friends are very popular for this very reason.
CBS All Access will eventually get Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother
NBC Streaming will eventually get The Office, Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld, and Cheers
What will Disney + have? Sure they'll have all the Marvel movies + X-Men movies, but a good amount of TV shows seems to be the backbone of a lot of streaming services.

New shows with superheroes

The real question is if Disney will have to start producing their own hardware too. If they're too aggressive about exclusivity and cornering the streaming market I can see companies like apple disallowing streaming on their devices.

youtube.com/watch?v=9hLowmoU5nU
>Disney in charge of children's entertainment
zozzle

>Amazon
Amazon is so diversified that making money on Prime Video is not a necessity. Netflix has nothing to fall back on. Also Disney will own 90% of Hulu in a few months.

how retarded are you? Go google all the properties of Fox, all those shows belong to the mouse now.

Also just turn on your TV and zap through the shows in the Disney Channel.

They are trillions of shows and cartoons to put on their garbage streaming site. Ever heard of Hannah Montana? 9 years ago when that show was on even my 20 year old girlfriend was watching that shite.

apple+ slate is dire af

It is just like smart speakers, they're way too late. I'm sure they're going to try to be the premium product with a few high budget shows but it is far, far too late at this point.

Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime will be the trinity most homes will have. Rest will fall by the wayside.

I hope you at least get minimum wage for this

Disney+ + Hulu master race

>all these fags who think Disney will unironically put their entire catalogue up
of course they won't you starry eyed manchildren
they know you will project that and then make excuses for them

What the fuck was Warners thinking taking Teen Titans and making it some R Rated grimdark shit? My cousin's 12 year old knows the Titans. They could have had a great teen and tween show. Even in the 80s it was a teen book that still dealt with mature issues. I say mature, not "Fuck Batman" juvenile ideas of adulthood.

Fuck Warners.

Even that trainwreck Agents Of Shield seemed to hit the mark better than Titans.

Attached: Teen Titans Publicity Photo 283658.jpg (1024x566, 258K)

>My cousin's 12 year old knows the Titans.
He doesn't know them as you know them. TTG, the only thing on Cartoon Network for 20 hours of the day, is basically a lelsorandumb show that reuses the designs and scenarios for convenience.

All the more reason to give kids and teens a live action Titans that properly adapts the classic 80s book. Back in the day Titans was as big as X-men was at Marvel. And even the parody shows Titans does well with kids.

If Warners had half a brain, they would have lead with a Teen Titans movie instead of sticking Cyborg on Justice League. The Snyder films and even Johns' New52 reboot were fucking trash.

Attached: Multiverse_Dawn_Of_Justice Batman Affleck 1461814164937.jpg (600x613, 475K)

I'm just gonna pirate everything disney puts on there that I want to watch desu

Children at scum and man children are even worse

(OP)#
Except Disney also owns a majority stake in Hulu now, which means they'll need to balance their offerings between that and Disney+.

>CBS All Access will eventually get Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother
>NBC Streaming will eventually get The Office, Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld, and Cheers
That's not how it works. Most of those shows were produced by third-party studios, not directly by the networks themselves, which only ever had first-run rights to them. Streaming rights belong to the studio, not to the network that originally broadcast them. Disney is getting The Simpsons not because it aired on the Fox network (which Disney is not allowed to acquire because it already owns ABC), but because it was produced by 20th Century Fox Television.

-TBBT, Seinfeld, and Friends are all owned by Warner Bros.
-HIMYM, though it aired on CBS, was produced by TCFTV, so it will presumably end up with Disney now (the same goes for such other popular shows as M*A*S*H and Buffy).
-Cheers and Frasier belong to Paramount, and so to Viacom, which also owns a controlling stake in CBS.

The Office is the lone exception here: it actually was produced by NBC Universal. So NBC will have that, as well as 30 Rock and Parks and Rec., and the Law & Order franchise, but not a lot of the other classic NBC shows (even the rights to the classic Carson era Tonight Show episodes lie with the Carson estate, not with NBC, because Johnny obtained all the rights in his 1980 contract renewal). CBS is actually in arguably a better position, because Paramount has a much bigger library of old TV, in addition to a strong movie library. Universal has the strong film library, but not so much TV.

Post your order, best to worse:

1. Episode V
2. Episode VI
3. Episode IV
4. Episode III
5. Episode I
6. Episode VII
7. Episode VIII
8. Episode II

>Prove me wrong.

DC's streaming service is more of a fan service thing though.

A WB streaming service would be big though.

thing is that CBS has no idea how to use their properties and they are the parent
if they did All Access would already be more then just the thing to watch STD on
I don't see any of these making it in the the long run

How organic

I sure can't wait to rewatch Dog with a Blog again!

With the way things are now a days im probably gonna have to start just doing 1 month subs and switch around to different providers every month.

I just want to see Netflix go bankrupt.

They have so much debt, it's unbelievable

Netflix is a money scam. The big wigs are pilfering mass amounts of cash knowing their service lacks any long term sustainability. That's why besides block buster movies their catalogue is all old shows and bollywood/chinkwood garbage bought for cheap. All the budgets of their original programming are inflated, they cheap out on every aspect of production and just let their friends film shit. Netflix actually "spends" a quarter if what they say they do, the rest is siphoned off.

Why did Soros buy netflix then immediately loan 20billion against the businesses and pay himself back? Nobody will ever know!

>scroll through netflix catalogue
>gorillion indian and spanish titles
dios mío

I'm not sure its possible for someone to shill for the Mouse harder than this.

1. Episode V
2. Episode VI
3. Episode IV

The rest don't exist. You can make an argument for the prequels if you want, but you'll still be wrong.