Wow. A $1.2B world-wide opening

Wow. A $1.2B world-wide opening.

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-215658__01.jpg (1080x1208, 230K)

are we really surprised that the movie that ends a 20 something film story with an ensemble cast is making tons of money

Attached: GUEST_43b95d76-e7cd-4c2a-b87a-2ee3963499d1.jpg (488x488, 18K)

It's not about being surprised, it's about having sex.

So what will be the final result? 2.4B?

Definitely passing Avatar's lifetime gross.

LESS THAN TITANIC AN AVATAR FO SHORE

>only $1.2 billion
anything less than $1.5 billion was a disaster

More than Titanic but less than Avatar.

and also about the Mouse shilling tickets

This is pretty much the high water point for Disney and Marvel. They've been building people up to this for so long and they have literally nothing to come after it either in the marvel universe or just in general.
The only hope they have is to start making marvel style x-men movies and somehow replace jackman and Stewart with similarly well cast actors.

It's going to plummet by the 3rd week. No rewatch value.

>Billion Dollar Brie does it again
FUCK YEAH

First for LARS GANG!
LARS GANG
LARS GANG
LARS GANG
LARS GANG
LARS GANG
LARS GANG

Attached: 1555984067677.jpg (730x912, 57K)

Well they have Defenders + Guardians + Eternals + X Men + Fantastic Four, so that's a lot of franchises.

>not seeing it at least two times
Are you some kind of faggot?

They have gotg 3 with thor possibly joining them, but other than that, i dont know of anything anybody would look forward to.

>only $1.2 billion
after five days
after ten days it'll be something like 1,5 billion
after fifteen days it'll be like 1,7 billion
after twenty days it'll be like 2 billion

Have sex

I did. It was awful. My arse still hurts.

>Fanstatic Four
>Eternals
>Defenders
Defenders had already lost all momentum before netflix cancelled everything and nobody gives a fuck about fantastic 4 or eternals, so they would be starting at square one if they wanted to launch that shit to replace avengers.

>X-men
X-men has also been losing heaps of steam and they recently lost all the actors that made it successful (aside from fassbender). They'll have to work pretty hard to repair that franchise, especially since the recent shitshows have worn out Fassbender's magneto big time.

>Guardians
This is pretty much their only sure thing and unless they do a groot and racoon spin off or something, they're not getting more than one film every couple of years out of it.

I really can't see how they can hope to maintain their momentum after losing evans and RDJ in particular. Marvel films have historically been successful primarily off of their actor/character combos and right now they have basically nobody popular anymore except hemsworth and the guardians crew.

But what about the Exiles?

Attached: 7424B788-B5F8-43CF-A55D-08915B4626B0.jpg (182x277, 15K)

disaster

Honestly it should hit 2.5 billion $.

Yeah they will have to rebuild X Men, Fantastic 4, Defenders from scratch, which they successfully did with Spiderman.
Something tells me they're betting big on Eternals because Angelina Jolie is being cast.
Plus they have Captain Marvel, Black Panther, GoTG, Spiderman sequels, Shang-Chi, Black Widow spinoff, Wasp spinoff and 3 new shows on Disney+.

>Defenders
Ah yes the team consisting of Blind Karate Man, Not Blind Karate Man, Black Man, and Woman

What a powerful team that can compete with the marketing for Avengers

James Bond had 20 somewhat connected films. Didn't make Die Another Day a hit.

Another definitive loss for Yea Forums

It's usually Opening Weekend x 2.5. So 3 BN

is there anything she can't do?

Attached: 1544847562813.jpg (567x567, 47K)

Maintaining foot hygiene

Heh, no way kiddo.

Attached: 1523455044378.png (1059x1060, 333K)

>ywn rape Larson
>ywn knock her up and teach her what her sole purpose in life is

that was over the course of what like 50 years this was a built up thing over the course of 10 or so years and it didn't have multiple bad movies and constant cast changes

guys clearly disney spent over a billion dolars buying their own tickets. i have seen several pictures on twitter that prove that all of these theaters are completely empty.

act

Attached: 1343750254886.jpg (400x360, 45K)

We failed, DCbros. We failed.

It was a hit. Still among highest grossing Bond movies. Possibly highest grossing Bronsnan movie too.

>which they successfully did with Spiderman.
They made one good film in a franchise that is a consistent earner no matter the quality and can even support feature length animations aimed at adults. On the other hand, defenders and fantastic 4 are pretty much dead in the water, popularity wise. F4 in particular has pretty much never been successful, so it'd take a lot of time to build up hype for it even if they make absolutely no missteps.
Eternals is pretty much a "who cares" franchise that'll only gain traction if they are spot on with the casting, which already sounds iffy considering that they cast a has-been like Jolie.

Other than that, it's pretty unlikely that captain marvel, wasp and black widow will be successful post avengers, since their leads were already some of the weakest even before the hype bubble burst and Shang-chi will be a minor novelty if it even happens.
Only BP and GoTG have any staying power and BP is questionable.

1B

Attached: 5115449-2975274159-6ZgYN.png (794x875, 317K)

Fuck it feels good to be a marvel CHAD, beta dcucks getting blown the fuck out for good this time.

True!!! I went on a date with a 10/10 qt yesterday and she mentioned that she prefers DC movies over Marvel. I immediately spit in that fucking whore's face and left. DC fans are fucking losers.

seething

have an ass?

ha. if it was as successful as it should’ve been it would be at at least 3B right now. this film is a flop.

It will drop. It's too long and kinda bad.

Where will it land boys

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-121822.png (1080x1920, 289K)

> it's pretty unlikely that captain marvel, wasp and black widow will be successful post avengers
>Only BP and GoTG have any staying power
BW, CM, and BP will make good money. There are a lot of good ideas for a wakanda that went 5 years without tchalla. You can do a "universe unsnapping fallout" CM movie, which would help solidify this version of carol since they probably know what to do with her now. Ant man/wasp? ...yea those movies dont make much money anyway. I could see them falling off more than the others

The sting is the 20th highest grosser of all time? Wow.

We're never going to be free of capeshit, are we?

I'm a Marvel fan. Why would I be seething?

Domestic only, but yeah still surprising. The really baffling one is that The Graduate of all things is 22

based

The Mouse already spend those on Captain Marvel

>you would need to drink 5 of these a day
what even is the point

Name one franchise that can make 20 films that still make money, and a final film that ends with the same box office. Even Star Wars couldn't do it.

Remember these movies are much more frontloaded than normal films. Also Avatar and Titanic had really strong legs which we can’t say about this film yet.

>Even Star Wars couldn't do it.
because lucas wasted way too much time between films. he needed to build momentum, not sit on his fat ass for decades between jedi and phantom.

to turn you onions green

Spider-Man sequel would now has to start post-Endgame with a bang. People will definitely line up to see the fallout of Endgame. If it's another AM&W then that's going to hurt them going forward.