1.2 billion global opening

>1.2 billion global opening
Is Cameron sweating?

Attached: 10In3GD.png (618x447, 52K)

can they do it?

and did Cameron buy tickets?

Attached: avatar box office.png (543x475, 78K)

>almost 10x it's opening weekend
now that's a performance

MISTER CAMERON GET DOWN

Attached: 1549148120188.jpg (1200x675, 34K)

And people still continue to hate on Endgame, i think its only on Yea Forums though, they can't handle the fact that this is the most important movie of all time.

>5 day opening "weekend"
WHat a fucking joke

third world countries do not count, user, or perhaps you think that cambodian and taiwanese etc markets are so powerful?

like all movies you mean? in France or Australia for example movies always open on Wednesday. China usually doesn't, but it's some holidays now and their Sunday is a work day

China never has 5 days opening and it did now, and it's not even a holiday

In what way is it important, other than the fact that it's popular?

>people
Yea Forums and reddit contrarian shittters arent people.

It won't touch Avatar. Here's why.

Attached: 1556466866722.png (736x377, 31K)

>Important
Well, your "most important" movie of all time is gonna be forgotten in less than 5 years tops. Cope, filmlet.

>Endgame can be compared to the third Austin Powers
so THIS is the power of autism

Attached: confirmed for autism.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

How is it important? How in any way does it make a difference for those of us who don't care about capeshit?

nah this is EASILY the biggest film event since at least 2009 when everyone went nuts about Avatar. It's a huge cultural event that everyone is participating in.

You need to adjust for inflation, Avatar came out a decade ago.

It's pretty much similar case but you have to multiply it by 10. Ironman made 500M, Infinity War made 4x more. Same with Austin, just 10x less. Can't find better examples yet but looking for it.

People went to go see Avatar 2 or 3 times. They would see it in normally then would hear the hype over the great 3D IMAX it had then they saw it again. Endgame doesn't have that. Avatar was a freak of nature and will never be beaten until theres some sort similar 3D gimmick

Of course uncultured swine like you wouldn't understand how culturally important it is.

how do you gross exactly $350,000,000? i call bullshit. the fix is in.

>Avatar came out a decade ago
>2009 was 25 years ago

Its a fuckin estimate dude, it will be around 350 when its official tomorrow.

It's an estimate. actuals come out monday
Infinity war was estimated at 250 million, but it came at 257.7 million on monday

doubtful. remember people went back again and again. not as many will for this ruin of the mill trash

It'll come close. I estimate around 2.5 billion.

yeah 2.4-2.6 is probably in range

Oh right, Avatar, another movie that has had pretty much zero cultural impact despite making shitloads of money.

So project its final box office numbers?

Avatar had a huge cultural impact though, it started the global warming meme

Jesus, 1.2b in less than a week. Impressive. Although I think the movie will be highly frontloaded, I'm not sure it can beat Avatar's legs

Infinity did 250 mill US opening with 2 billion worldwide. 350 mill US endgame opening means 2.8 billion worldwide if proportional. And that beats avatar.

You’re a zoomer if you’re too young to remember how long Avatar stayed

Attached: D9B52C9B-B8F5-428E-9E28-CBDBC1422B3A.jpg (1242x1539, 1.06M)

Avatar's culture impact was enormous.

Avatar released at Christmas and had no competition for the next 2 months. Endgame is releasing the beginning of summer and is going to face stiff competition as soon as Detective Pikachu drops. $2 billion is very likely at this point and it may be able to pass Titanic, but passing Avatar is out of the question.

>white nerds funneling their money to Hollywood jews pockets
you capeshit autists are helping fund the enemies of our white culture, you know that?

And Infinity War

Attached: 9CB91CA0-184D-41D8-AAA6-1099238BDE66.jpg (1242x917, 616K)

>how is it important?
>you wouldn't understand

Eat shit.

>not using harry potter
>lord of the rings

Depends. If Endgame can open for more than 20 weeks in theaters, it is a possibility that it can beat Titanic and maybe Avatar. However, you have to remember what made 2.7B for Avatar: 3D. Many spectators were keyed into the fad.

Bigger opening probably means that people who were interested in it wanted to watch it sooner than later, for example to avoid spoilers. It doesn't mean that there are suddenly much more people interested in it.

Ask anyone is he saw Endgame but not Infinity War. There's nearly 100% chance that they saw both movies.

>Avatar came out a decade ago
>2009 was 25 years ago
A 'decade' is ten years you idiot

>tfw made a bet endgame wouldn't beat avatar
OH FUCK

Are you really that young?

This + the inflated ticket prices for meme 3D

>It took a multi-billionaire company hiring hundreds of massive Hollywood stars and a 10 year long cultural shifting project to take down a single person making home movies
He's still good.

There's definitely people that saw Infinity War, but not in theaters, and are now watching Endgame in theaters

No one even remembers it

Avatar is probably the only movie where 3D isn't a meme. If you didn't see it in IMAX 3D when it was in theaters you missed out.

kids are still in school
that fucks up endgame numbers

Good point. LotR fits well. You can see that there's not that big gap between latest 2 either.

Attached: lotr.png (989x272, 15K)

Of course some are but do you really believe that they will go up by nearly 150%? Check LotR results as posted here

>comparing Austin fucking Powers to a finale of 22 movies long saga that has already made like 15 bilion

i have never seen someone coping this hard

Clearly you do and so does everyone else.

Use LotR then. Similar case.

Yikes what a drop.

If Endgame has the same disastrous legs that Batman vs Superman has....then it still makes 2.5B before the end of its run.

>that fucking 2nd weekend drop

If Endgame has the same % increase like two towers to rotk it will make 2.46 billion
if it has the same increase like deathly hallows part 1 to 2 it will make 2.86 billion
so yeah beating Avatar isn't impossible, not that I think it will happen, but there's ways it can happen.

>ending to a 10 year long 20 or so movie franchise
Vs
>one random movie about blue nature fags fucking each other with their hair

It’s honestly amazing Avatar has been at the top for this fucking long

Yeah but it's a frontloader. Many people went ASAP to avoid spoilers. It will probably have much bigger drops than Infinity War.

Because Avatar was out for literally a full year and 3D was a novelty at the time and everyone wanted to experience it, me though I remember I watched a camrip

So is avengers just like, homestuck for normies? Hyper obsessed over some shitty garbage fanfic tier schlock like it's the single greatest achievement of mankind, only to forget about it a month after it ends?

>not ' so THIS is Autism Powers'
It was so simple

Reminder that Avengers: Endgame outgrossed the entirety of Aquaman's box office by the end of it's FIRST WEEKEND.

Three billion? I am inevitable.

Attached: based endgame.jpg (1500x600, 503K)

Check next weeks bookings in your area. A lot of next weekend showings are already selling out. Its second week drop will still make more money than most films opening week. Like $160m+ domestic.

Avatar II will make 5 billions, screencap this

>fund the enemies of our white culture
capeshit IS white culture.

Not only that, Avatar was basically made with 3D in mind. The whole gimmick of that movie is seeing in in a big-ass IMAX 3D screen. Plot was predictable and bland as fuck, but the visual experience in the theater is unparalleled to this day.

>Plot was predictable and bland as fuck
Totally unlike any capeshit films for sure...

>Hellboy lost over 2,000 screens in its third week to make room for more Avengers showings

BTFO

Just wait until Avatar 2 comes out with 4D, bitch!

>important
>Endgame
>good
It's a braindead consumerist product with no artistic merit that's designed to be devoured by as many soulless normies as humanly possible. Do the world a favor and kys if you unironically believe that you're watching some groundbreaking cinema.

>a marvelfag actually made this
Cringe

What's some groundbreaking cinema, give an example

>film is now to be judged purely as art

Holy fuck, not even the rich retards that purchase modern art are this fucking delusional.

>that day-to-day drop compared to Infinity War
FRONTLOADED

Attached: lel.jpg (909x1416, 247K)

Infinity war was better

indeed, but capeshit doesn't gives you an immense visual feast to gorge on for hours on end. If you're gonna have a tard-tier script, at least put some serious eye candy on it, and Avatar delivered it with interest

>it made lots of money so its good
Your brain on consumerism

zoomer capeshitters btfo

What the fuck did I just watch

If you want to be fair, you should compare Endgame to the 22nd Avatar film. Avatar completely shits on MCU #1 Iron Man which came out a year earlier so you don’t have heavily inflated numbers or other factors like hundreds more theaters in China.

Too bad Avatar hasn't made a sequel in 10 years, get fucked

LMAOOOOOOOOOO MARVELKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Move the goalpost and adjust for inflation like the cuck you are

It's about damn time someone has a chance to beat a tech demo from 10 years ago

>rich retards that purchase modern art
>purchase modern art
Yeah, they lack the nessecary intelligence to see art even when thrown right in their faces.

That, my friends, is the power of James Cameron. Anyways, Gone with the Wind will NEVER be unseated as the highest grossing film of all time when adjusting for inflation, it took in $3.7 billion in 2017 dollars.

>still butthurt about aquaman
lel

>It made most money so it must be the best
What sort of ran by state of the art AI NPCs honestly believe this?

The only thing that can destroy Avatar is of course another Avatar.

in a time where people didn't even have tv's, there was very few entertainment options and the movie was literally in the theater for years AND it was re released numerous times
Simply adjusting for inflation is pointless when there is so many other factors.

Just to be clear:
The buying and selling of modern art is a way that rich people legally launder their money.
No one really thinks that squirting paint out of one's anus onto a canvas is worth 40 million.

It's like Boyhood, took 15 years to make.

this

if we don't count Detective pikachu, John Wick 3 and Godzilla in May retard.

Attached: 1556433738890.jpg (1200x989, 163K)

I watched the movie just to know I did, even though I watched the cam version the day before. I went just like I went to go see Episode 1 back in high school and I cared nothing about Star Wars at the time

the friday to thursday midnight previews increase was also not as big as infinity war

How erect did you get?

It's not gonna beat Avatar, it's going to make 2.5b at best
You can screencap this

No because he knows Avatar 2 is coming out December of 2020 and even though it won’t have record breaking openings he knows in the long run it will surpass Endgame and Avatar 1 because China loves special effects and Jan-March is a bad time for movies so people will just have to go rewatch Avatar 2 again if they’re bored.

it's only "important" in that it took a long time and a lot of effort to finish this phase of the MCU

it's "important" in the same way the lord of the rings movies were important. in the grand scheme of things, not really at all.

Endgame will have a lifetime gross of roughly 500m-600m (OP's numbers are fake btw)

People are tired of superhero movies

Yeah Godzilla is gonna be a huge flop. They released a new trailer with some dragon and it was cringey as fuck literally no one in the theater cared or was interested I almost felt bad for them because I actually like the 2014 reboot.

>Detective pikachu, John Wick 3 and Godzilla in May retard.
You may as well not count them because they don't stand a chance

>1 Avatar movie
>22 MCU movies
Which do you think made more money?? Also, Engame is about to snatch the #1 just as an additional fuck-you. Avatar nerds eternally BTFO.

>with some dragon
Uh, do you mean King Gidorah?

That they managed to make a 22 movie series (and counting) spanning the course of 11 years, coming out with 2 movies per year on average and the worst the movies have gotten on a technical film aspect were simply mediocre.

literally no one cares about those movies, when I went to see Endgame there was a trailer for Godzilla and a couple in front of me went "Nope"

This is the only list that matters

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-121822.png (1080x1920, 289K)

>this new level of DCuck cope
BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

Exactly this.

Chadzam will come back and wreck endgame's week 2. screencap this.

It'll cross 2 billion, but it won't pass Avatar

Attached: a3ygopraquu21.png (648x702, 458K)

Have sex!

There are a lot of retards in the world

lmao imagine somebody watching 'Avengers: End Game' in more than ten years time

lmaoo it's almost inconceivable

and there's people that didn't saw infinity war in theaters, but on camrip, and is not watching endgame in theaters or on camrip

like me

Attached: 1462744135145.png (451x595, 94K)

It was out for so long because many people wanted to see it again and again, so it being out long just speaks to it being a good film. And it came out in the middle of an economic crises btw.

>Releasing Hellboy this close to Endgame
What the fuck were they thinking? (besides making sure that Hellboy will never be on the silver screen again)

Checked. Fuck marvel and fuck Disney.

Of course it can happen
but it won't

only important post ITT

you think THAT'S bad? what about Shazam

I believe that Harry Potter Deathly Hallows pt 2 perfomance is a better indicator for Endgame perfomance than LotR: RotK, given that Endgame and Infinity War were concieved as the same movie "cut in half" and people actually wants to know how will it end, unlike Hunger Games

Shazam is doing fine and on par with Rampage when Infinity War came out, and only lost 500 screens (and it would lose screens on the 4th weekend either way)
stupid marvel troll

Attached: Heckboy.jpg (897x476, 92K)

racist white pieces of shit hate this movie because it is successful and it has a woman and a black person in it. they hate the fact that women and black people exist, and their only recourse is to kill themselves.

COPE

>355 000

jesus christ...

w-what is going on here

sauce?

>mouse is dead they say

Detective Pikachu is going to blow it out of the water

the trailer was so funny haha

I’m not a fucking virgin so no I don’t know what the fuck that was to me and 99% of people it was a 5 headed dragon fight that looked fucking retarded and most of us just wanted the trailer to end

>he's forgetting the eventual Avatar re-release before Avatar 2 that will boost the box office gross to 3 billion
Stay based and robust

Attached: jim_vs_capeshit.webm (576x312, 2.99M)

Wow a multi-billion dollar company with mass media influence was able to sell a product that has been popular for decades? What an achievement for mankind!

well, it won't, but at least it won't let Endgame run free for months
and Pikachu and Godzilla will do better overseas (than they will domestic), where Marvel is stronger

Infinity War had a great story (and ending) that kept people going back for more

Endgame failed to live up to the hype and will fizzle out. It won't beat Avatar

This. Who cares about third-world shitters and the garbage they watch?

>experience TRUE 3D, instead of the shit they try to pass as 3D, again!
based cameron

How do you guys think Avatar 2 will do at the box office? Can Cameron pull off another miracle?

I doubt that. Most people in it are cauc. It’s a very racist movie.

>they hate the fact that women and black people exist, and their only recourse is to kill themselves.
Whatever helps you sell tickets, schlomo

Without a doubt the dumbest release date in movie history. Should have waited for like Halloween or some shit.

It's fucking over. Theaters are going to be a ghost town next week lol

avatar and titanic only did as well as it did because they both were in theatres for WAY too fucking long, avengers doesn't have this privelige
nothing will do that again, not even avatar 2

It was a Christmas movie. Why didn’t they release it earlier or waited a bit? DC is so incompetent that they even manage to fuck it up when they have a good product.

probably not, there's no new gimmick announced yet

A decade is ten years kid

Attached: A70F289A-8B6F-4706-B880-CC5CCB1184C3.gif (360x297, 1.18M)

was referring to Hellboy

he's talking about Hellboy, stupid marvel troll

It was going to be released last year but it got delayed for reshoots

Avengers wasn’t in theatres as long as Avatar and Titanic because people stopped going. Quality films have legs.

holy shit do you think a decade is the same as a quarter-century?

Oh neat! so rare to find this kind of fucking retardation in the wild

You just know if it starts getting close to number 1 a bunch of Redditors are going to start a campaign to get people rewatching it to boost it

Yes I work for Disney and I’ll even admit that Shazam was good (the only good DC film). But WB still fucked it up and at this point the DC brand is damaged.

I'll go twice if it's close.

FUCK Avatar. It was just Fern Gully for people that hate America, the year after America destroyed the global economy. If it wasn't for the gimmick and the catharsis of seeing Americans get BTFO by space gooks it never would have been so popular in the first place.

Attached: Avatar subtle villain .jpg (1921x1073, 166K)

>dude fuck this multi billion dollar Hollywood corporate product, I like this other multi billion dollar Hollywood corporate product more

Attached: 1545414796200.jpg (645x729, 44K)

>A DCuck actually made this
Lmao

Attached: 1555688871949.jpg (3531x1506, 1.03M)

>Endgame failed to live up to the hype

You have no idea how hyped the theater was during the Cap wielding Mjolnir and Avengers Assemble scenes

kys

this hurts, it should be eradicated from the internet, no DC cuck deserves this level of embarrassment

dude so much hype!

Attached: manchildren.jpg (2048x1364, 376K)

Didn't your supervisor told you that Avatar is now part of the Disney family and you are not allowed to hate it?

Idiot, I wasn't even talking about the amount of money it made.

>It won't get out of Dawn of Just
OH NONONONONO

I've been a bit concerned about these fellows.
They've been oddly quiet.
Hopefully, they just went out for some much needed sun, but that is optimistic.

literally if you have no care for these movies then there's no hype to begin with after Infinity War

it took 20 previous capeshit films to get to this point.
Cameron did it without and previous intellectual property

Attached: monsieur candie.jpg (500x600, 117K)

yep. nice argument faggot.

endgame will be gone in 8 weeks

and Cameron did it with less theaters

Attached: dabbing pepe.gif (554x400, 120K)

>he says while he actually went to watch fucking capeshit
Wow, so this is the power of capeshit fans huh

what language do you speak comfortably? Russian?

1. A:E will make most of its money in week 1. Once the word's out about it's bullshit, it'll collapse in week 2.

2. Cameron's sweating because Disney took over FOX, has already cancelled two Avatar movies, and now has oversight and the ability to order re-edits and re-shoots of the two already made.

Based Capekino

Attached: 1556471283645.jpg (664x671, 75K)

>not a fucking virgin
>watching Avengers
>doesn't like Godzilla
Ok kid

All newly released films with already set fanbases get ridiculously high scores on release, I remember Interstellar being on 9.6/10 for a good while.
It will still be on some stupidly high score in the 8 region though

Ah yes, oh so wise totally not mouse shill box office prediction man

holy cringe

>Holy cringe

Attached: 1555951156519.png (467x264, 38K)

>the most important movie of all time.
This is what autistic capeshitters actually believe.

Attached: 1526400206826.jpg (493x386, 33K)

lmao nice pic phoneposting discordtranny

you know I admit I enjoy capeshit and especially the Russo Brothers, but endgame still isn't half the movie Terminator is
it's barely even a movie in fact, more like a big tv series finale with abundant fan service that will fly over the head of anyone who hasn't seen every MCU movie
it doesn't stand on its own at all
if it ends up beating Avatar, which I still doubt very much, it will be because of its huge rabid fan base and not really because it's been embrace by the whole population
plenty of people won't care for it

Then what are you doing here, shill?

I mean, James Cameron works for Disney after the fox deal anyway so I suppose he has other junk on his mind

Lol keep dreaming.

why in the fuck are people cheering on the success of multibillion dollar corporations?
the irony is that americans love seeing individuals fail

The absolute state of zoomlet

imagine being this delusional

What happened to "Get woke, go broke"?

Attached: 1551440563922.jpg (525x560, 150K)

TLJ only made 1,332,539,889

>Endgame's big fight still didn't match Aquaman

Attached: Aquaman riding Storm, The Seahorse.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

ironic how dc did "fun" better than marvel

Avengers wasn't woke.

This. fuck if cameron doesn't bring another new gimmick for avatar 2 that shit is gonna flop hard

>so it being out long just speaks to it being a good film
>nobody even remembers it now and it was mostly seen as a joke during the Oscars that year

It was a novelty no different from those 3D movies in the 80s.

Endgame will probably beat Titanic but it won't beat Avatar. Avatar was MUCH more heavily anticipated than Endgame ever was, especially in the international markets.

>nobody even mentions that avatar was on theaters for 34 fucking weeks
cameroonfags are truly pathetic

Good bait

Cameron fags on seeth watch

Attached: Captain-America-Reveal-06282016.jpg (800x479, 77K)

It's apples to oranges, you dumb fuck.

Aquaman is ONE hero, and this is his first fucking movie. This is the "fourth" (really the fifth) Avengers movie, where nearly every major Marvel superhero or prominent character had at least one starring movie prior to this. Endgame was the byproduct of over 20 films worth of content, plot, and character development. Aquaman is a standalone film.

Comparing these two films is like comparing a D/G-league basketball game to the FUCKING NBA championships. Apples and oranges.

>fox tells theaters to keep the movie longer or lose future releases, just like Disney does now
>the only option to see Avatar is a ticket that costs twice as much because 3D
>"wow this made so much money that must mean it's the best movie of all time except when another movie makes more that'll just be because everyone is a pleb"
i cannot wait for every single person who posts here to die.

you're stupid to think theaters just kept showing it for 1 or two people.

>forgetting Alita

Disney found out they can just buy up empty theatres worth of tix and get away with it. There's no way they're going to let this not be the biggest movie ever.

>all this DCuck rage
PLEASE keep seething and coping

>it's barely even a movie in fact, more like a big tv series finale with abundant fan service that will fly over the head of anyone who hasn't seen every MCU movie
>it doesn't stand on its own at all
This is correct. I loved it, because I've been following the MCU since 2012. You have to have seen at least half the other MCU films to understand Endgame.

>tfw this actually happened in Endgame

No because he will film the New Avengers movies from now on since Fox is owned by Disney.

No, they will never come close to Avatar, Titanic & Gone with the Wind

Attached: Highest Grossing Movies.png (507x429, 23K)

it was pretty genius.

>why in the fuck are people cheering on the success of multibillion dollar corporations?
triggered DCuck hurrhurrrr if you don't like [my favorite brand of superheroes], that means you must like [other specific brand of superheroes that I don't like as much] and are therefore my enemy and this is totally normal adult behavior.

Attached: 85735274.png (500x533, 57K)

>Avatar isn't even in the top ten
pathetic

Attached: 033dd689a77cdb733a6fbef0bad82bf93c674972.jpg?mw=600.jpg (600x300, 31K)

I really genuinely think it will bomb

>people are tired of superhero movies, says increasingly nervous user for the 7th time this year

I actually believe Marvel might lose some steam because I can see some people using endgame to jump shit, but clearly they have another 10 years

there was at most 3 years between those movies, they created hype and rode it. how long has it been since avatar now? i'm not saying it wouldn't do really well, but i think it would have lost a lot of momentum.

Holy shit it’s still stuck in Dawn of Just LMAO

>not one marvel film in the top twenty
>Star wars has five

>Parents and kids still were in the minority at 23%, with 77% general audiences. Men under 25 became the leading demo repping 35%, men over 25 are now 28%, females under 25 were at 19%, and females over 25 were 18%. Diversity breakdown is 44% Caucasian, 23% Hispanic, 15% African American, and 14% Asian.

Straight white males make up the vast majority of Endgame's audience.

I don't think he cares. He is busy writing his next movies.

true

>this is the most important movie of all time

Attached: 1529873223417.gif (446x251, 721K)

only in murica, worldwide adjusted for inflaction:
1. Gone With The Wind
-big gap-
2. Avatar
3. Titanic
4. Star Wars
-big gap-

This list doesnt matter because its domestic only. Worldwide where it matters.

Those numbers simply aren't accurate. Trying to adjust for inflation across that many countries doesn't work

>the most important movie of all time

>Need a hand?
>I like this one.
>There. I aimed for the head.
>Remember me? Ant-man! We fought at the airport!
>No, not like back to the future... okay, yes. Just like back to the future.
>I'm ant-man, do you want my autograph? Oh, I see. I'm not as great as the hulk is that it?
>Watch out for the idiot eating tacos in the landing zone.
>I think I pooped my pants, but I don't know if it was baby me or old me or meme.
>Tell noobmaster69, I'll come to his basement and shove his arms up his ass.
>Come on, Thor! We need you... ... we have beer on the ship.
>Easy there, Lebowski.
>I think you look great, Cap! As far as I'm aware, that's america's ass.
>HULK HATE THE STAIRS!
>Hail Hydra.
>That IS america's ass.
>Thank you for all you've done... for this country.
>Weird beard.
>So he's an idiot.
>Haven't you seen indian jones?! There are always traps!
>*slap*
>I can do this, I can do this... I can't do this!
>I can do this all day.
>No no no, I take the big one, you take the small one!
>The first time didn't hit! The second time hit them both!
>It was either him or a tree...
>Yeah? Well, I am... Iron man.
>You like cheeseburgers? I'm gonna give you all the cheeseburgers you want.
>Yeah, of course you're in charge! Hahahah! ... Of course.

Attached: OHONONONONO.jpg (742x689, 119K)

kino

>Hail Hydra
>not one of the greatest lines in cinema history

I thought he was going to ask if any of them wanted to get off before they fought, but it was even better.

what? dude all is in dollars

Fuck you autistic faggot. Fuck off Yea Forums, your 3 autistic years here is plenty enough to poz Yea Forums.

Also Lilly is old and ugly.