Why did Walt fuck up his relationship with Fring?

Why did Walt fuck up his relationship with Fring?
He could have just kept cooking in a comfy lab while talking about some chemistry shit with Gale and making tons of money. Obviously he didn't give a shit about Jesse, so why ruin it all for him?

Attached: 1 6fvWL3oACJbOXP2NycdUTA.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gUJci5RWsqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he was a complete spaz. He was convinced early on fring was going to kill him and he was unable to let that go. Many of walts problems are created by his own terrible personality.

toxic masculinity, just like all the other aspects of his downfall

I think he just enjoyed the thrill of it all. It was a combo of being an adrenaline junkie and a narcissist.

Wasn't Fring planning on killing him and Jessie once his own chemist learned how to make Walther White-level meth from him?

gale never would have learned how so it was fine

Wasn't Gale an chemistry autist almost on the level of Walther? He got a purity level of 96% on one of his batches, iirc.

Because working with Gale and being comfy in a nice little lab was boring for him. He wanted Jessie back because he liked to boss him around and defied Fring because he wanted to feel big - he wanted to be "the guy" and not just a subordinate.

he respected walter too much to learn

He wanted to have Fring’s position. It was a manifestation of Schwarz being in control of the company he co-founded, and felt the relationship he had with Fring was exactly the same; someone else taking the credit for his work.

White was just a chemist autist that could no longer live with his great creation being attributed to someone else. He needed the glory and power, not the money. He like Jesse because he could exert his authority on Jesse, and make Jesse feel how Schwarz and Fring makes him feel.

Did you watch the show?
youtu.be/gUJci5RWsqE

Nah, I think Gale is too insecure to learn from an eminence such as WW. He had the potential, but his low self steem and autism always brought him down from achieving true greatness.

these

That's not at all what was happening. How fucking low effort can you get?

Only after Walt killed his dealers

Did you even watch the show?

The only reason Jesse was involved was because he was threatening to narc on Walter, if he interfered with his own cooking. So Walter convinced Gus to bring Jesse in replacing Gale, after Hank beats the shit out of him over the RV thing - and I think he threatens to sue Hank, so Walt hires him to shut him down about that. The only reason Walt is involved with the RV incident is he was part of it, and Hank was trying to get into it.

They could have then kept cooking for Gus. I forget when Walt discovers he's not terminal anymore, it's around this time.

Then Jesse fucks everything up by trying to kill two dealers who work for Gus, because they killed that little kid who killed his friend, who is also his new gf's brother (one of the stupidest plot points of the show). Walter kills them instead, and Jesse runs, and the inevitable end of the Gus plan starts. That's when Gus decides to take Walt out, and Walt takes Gale out, so Gus can't afford to kill him.

It's all on Jesse. He didn't give a fuck about Jesse, the only reason he brought the spastic back in was to keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, but the show showed numerous times that Walt wasn't above murder so why not just kill Jesse when he threatens to ruin Hank and potentially bring heat to his own activities?

Because Jesse showing up dead would make Hank keep looking into the whole thing.

Most of the first 3 seasons is keeping Hank off his scent.

Granted, Jesse wasn't supposed to still be part of the show, so they played fast and loose with how he's still around. But keeping his mouth shut and Hank away was the overriding motive.

They were done with each other when Hank started nosing around the RV. That whole incident brought him back into the story.

this tv show is awful to talk about because you aren't allowed to have any different opinions about anything
>I don't like *character*
>WELLL WALT IS BASICALLY FUCKING LUCIFER YOU PIECE OF SHIT, oh so you're *negative personality trait*, huh? You like Walt but hate *character* that's toxic

it became obvious then but he was always planning to do it. he groomed gale for the job and only hired walter because gale basically begged for it, so he could learn from him

Gus knows Walt has cancer and will die soon anyway.
I don't really see him killing Walt if Walt just shut his mouth and did his quota like he was supposed to. Gale was supposed to take over after him. obviously, but it's not like Gus was in a rush to do it at the beginning.

I don't think Gus had any intentions to kill Walt before Walt killed his dealers to save Jesse. I think Gale was only hired to replace Walt once the cancer got him

Why did it take years after this series ended for the majority of people to realize that Walt was just an asshole?

he just doesnt seem like the kind to leave loose ends, even if they might die on their own sometime

Cuz everyone is dumb except you, Einstein

But he did give a shit about Jesse. Why do people not see this? He saved Jesse many times throughout the show when he didn't have to, and chose not to kill him when killing Jesse off would've solved his problems at certain points in the series.
>I le did it for me
Tacking that last line at the end does not suddenly change everything we saw in 5 seasons of the show. He was selfish at a few key moments, but not everything he did was for the sake of his own ego. Especially at the beginning, and especially when it came to Jesse.

He did cared about Jesse. He demostrated that in multiple ocassions through the show.

In the last season he denied several times to send someone to silent Jesse.

They seemed to not get along very much but clearly Walter would have never let anyone to kill Jesse until Ozymandias happened.

>But he did give a shit about Jesse.
In a strict business sense, sure. And Jesse had to be kept close, to keep his mouth shut, because Jesse is a dumb fuckup. But in a father/son, friendship way? Nah. They tried, and it never worked out. Jesse was a means to an end for Walt. He wasn't part of his family life, and he killed that kid to keep Jesse loyal to him, and not Gus. He watched Jane die, because she was making Jesse unstable. Not because he cared, but because he would fuck up and bring the heat onto Walt.

Again, Jesse wasn't supposed to be around for the whole show, so they kind of shoved him back into the story, and made it work. The quality of the writing is despite all the shit they go through, they never really bond on a personal level. He's Mr. White until the very end, because Walt keeps Jesse at arm's length.

The whole point of Walt's character is that he didn't REALLY care about anyone except himself. He was a closet narcissist until the cancer allowed him to say fuck it and tap into that side of him. He never really created close ties to anyone, even Skylar. He just kind of existed in his own little bubble, before meth and after. Jesse was just a pawn, like everyone else. Walt does everything he can, to keep Jesse somewhat stable, so he doesn't fuck up and lead Hank to him. That's all. Beyond that, he has no fuck's to give, Jesse is just an employee, bonded to him by meth. And, he's replaceable.

Title of the show explains it all - it's not about Walt's relationships or caring about anyone, it's about him going bad.

I don't agree. If Walt was such a robotic narcissistic monster who only cared about himself, he wouldn't have buried that side of himself to create a life for his loved ones for two decades, he was only provoked in his last two years of life. I agree that he was an asshole to a degree, but that was only one aspect of who he was.

If he really didn't care about Jesse, he would've had him killed to shut him up after Hank kicked his ass. On the other hand, if he didn't care about Hank, he could've not hired Jesse and fired Gale, which was the only reason Jesse didn't go after Hank.

He wouldn't have tried to pry himself back into his house after Skyler kicked him out if he didn't care about his family, and if he didn't love being with them. Also, like I said earlier, he created a comfortable life for them and really tried to be a good person.

He had absolutely no fucking reason to tell Gus about Jesse's beef with those drug dealers, and to try to mediate the situation. Gus even said Jesse was only alive because of Walt. He had no reason to kill the drug dealers after he figured out Jesse was going after them. He had no reason to hide Jesse and involve Saul. Specifically hiding Jesse from Mike & Gus, whom Jesse would betray Walt for because Walt isn't very nice to him.

He could've easily killed Brock, but didn't. Not that poisoning a kid is ever okay, but he had his reasons, and had no reason to give him just enough poison to be sick but not die.

Walt could've been a monster but limits himself constantly. He does what he needs to survive like anyone else on that show.

Pretend the Sopranos and New York crews move into the southwest to get into the meth game. Could Walt take them?

Considering both shows have different approaches to storytelling and writing:
>BrBa-style
Walt asspulls his way out
>Sopranos-style
Tony spares Walt, but gets killed in an unexpected way (e.g. Chrissy gets high on meth and shoots him)

Gus wasn't planning on killing him even after he got rid of Gale. Gus invited Walt to have dinner at his house because he liked Walt and actually wanted to make him a permanent part of the operation. But when he offered to help Walt learn how to be part of the criminal underworld, Walt had an internal spergout and sabotaged his relationship with Gus by killing the drug dealers

Walt liked Jesse simply because he wasn't quadraspazzed like his actual son

>tells Jesse not to kill two of Gus' men
>by faking food poisoning, the most unsuspecting way possible to kill a drug kingpin's small time distributor
>runs over them with his own car and shoots one of them in the head, anyway
What the fuck was his fucking problem?

Attached: 1555960118884.jpg (1000x563, 115K)