Why did Thor get jobbed so hard in Endgame?

Attached: images (38).jpg (678x452, 24K)

I wish he had kept the long hair

didnt you watch endgame?

He should've go to the head. That itches. And that itch got his head.

So captain marvel/captain america/iron man could have their big moments

Logically, thor has been established to be stronger than all 3 of them but it's sort of like the justice league where you have to nerf superman to have a story make sense because really he's stronger than the rest combined

So CAPTAIN MARVEL can shine, dummy

Thor was completely out of character for this entire movie. And left Asgaurd to Valkyrie to go fuck around on a space ship? Didn't try to get back with the girl he admitted to still loving? Jobbed him fucking hard.

he is vastly more powerful than anyone in the MCU it would be boring if thor just did everything

No, haven't watched the series since GOTG2. I just remember seeing his new look a year or so back and hating it.

Implying capeshit isn't boring as fuck

>more powerful than Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange

lmao

Are you gay?

But his shorter hair is maximum daddy

Attached: Avengers-Endgame.jpg (1024x683, 75K)

Across the entire MCU Thor has half a movie where he isn’t a joke character.

Thor was not in good shape tho

I assume thor is as powerful as odin now. Odin was more powerful than both of them

where is his hammer in all these videos. He always uses something else

Scarlet Witch could solo pretty much everyone minus strange and that's purely because he's a trained sorcerer with (presumably with the dormammu bargain bit) years of experience fighting a cosmic being.

It's funny because I hate Carol but love literally every other strong woman in the MCU, especially Wanda.

scarlet witch is powerful but not a very good fighter one hammer throw and shes done

This is why the Justice League cartoon was kino: Superman wasn't ridiculously strong.

I'm more upset about hulk. Don't even remember seeing him fight in the last battle.

Same. It felt like a betrayal seeing him with short hair in Ragnarok and onwards.

No absolutely, that's why I prefer her over Captain Beefcurtains since she has weaknesses in that regard and a few others.

Really holding out for her to be training under Strange in the sequel.

Gonna need a source on both of those.

Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange can both handle Thanos 1 on 1 as they showed in Endgame and Infinity War respectively. We have no reason to believe that Thor can too

it broke

Thor got jobbed cause he was a thoroughly broken man. Even after he killed Thanos it didn't accomplish anything. He "victory" was completely hollow and he had nothing left to live for. Everyone he ever cared about was dead or destroyed.

Mommy Kate destroyed it in Ragnarok

Odin gave up his eye to learn magic which he then used his powers to do crazy shit with, Thor gave up his without learning shit about anything. So all he's got is raw Odinforce at most.

Asgard is just a bumfuck village now.

odins power transferred to thor when he died. Thanos had to wait for hella and odin to die to carry out his plan

A woman training under a MAN???

wont happen in 20XX.

Boomer Thor was kino.

No one jobbed harder than Thanos

What about Vision?

You see him throw a dude one time, that's about it. It was unironically politically motivated if you paid attention to the shit Mark Ruffalo spewed for years.

Yeah because you have a crush on Olsen. We fucking get it

I'd actually take Blanchett over Olsen every time but she is factually one of the strongest with the most potential.

>Marvel doesnt have a weakness
>her one fight in endgame she gets absolutely btfo

Attached: dc567y2-c5236632-994d-471b-9436-754e288f1f13.jpg (400x400, 29K)

It's long again in Endgame. Presumably will be in GOTG 3 too

If you failed to save half of the universe just because you wanted to savor the moment, you would change for the worse too.

Because he was the highlight of the last film.

>captain marvel
>big moments
She’s barely on-screen and her only moment is is when she nukes the ship. But even that’s still outshined by everyone else.

This thread sucks

>Thor, in MCU, is just an alien, not a literal god
>Thor has always been through shit. Lost his mother, father, brother, friend, eye, and failed the universe. I don't blame him for wanting to get drunk and play games at that point, or fuck off on an alien spaceship with some friend who aren't dead.
>Thor has the most complex character arc of any of the MCU characters

his right arm was fried

He had that convo with his mum and changed his views I believe.

thor gave asgaard to YAAS QUEEN so he could fuck around in space with no responsibility. this gives us a chance at thor meeting beta ray bill.

Because he kicked so much ass in the first one.
Everybody who had a big moment in Infinity War got jobbed so the remainder could have a big moment.
Except for Hulk, since they fundamentally and fatally misunderstood Professor Hulk's personality and just turned him into Shrek Banner.

I don't have crushes on women above 21.

>if you paid attention to the shit Mark Ruffalo spewed for years.
huh? I thought he was a so y boy like the rest of the cast.

That would be Tony.

>they kept the actor but didn't let Hulk fight because muh politics
Imagine being this delusional.

He got worfed so strong women could shine.
Bland corporatism over riding creative control.
Marvels power levels for characters have been near perfect until this movie.

Last movie a thanos w/gauntlet and all infinity stones is nearly killed by storm breaker Thor
Yet in this movie a thanos with no gauntlet tanks a Thor with storm breaker AND mjolnir?

And a captain marvel who has powers derived from ONE infinity stone tanks a thanos that controls ALL of the infinity stones?

Ok?

He got caught by surprise that time Thor hit him with the axe. This time he was already waiting.

Odin was in shit shape compared to Thor yet has greater powers. Buff physique isn’t the way marvel studios power levels are set. They’ve been spot on until HR and Disney got control of the next 10’years of marvel.

Basically this avengers film got “TLJ’D”

*sips*
Ah, Mjolnir. Now THAT was a hammer.

Attached: thorbowski.jpg (878x1000, 68K)

>when you evolve but can't go back

Because feminist agenda. Gotta make the most masculine male character look like a pathetic clown so the females look better.

I dont follow, how is hulk fighting political?

Tony had a great arc, maybe a better arc, but not a more complex arc. Thor's arc has winded through 20 different places. Tony is just selfish->selfless, Tony Stark has a heart, etc. Cool, but Thor has been through way more, and he's my personal favorite because of that reason.

No you see thanos use the combined powers of the infinity stones to blast Thor yet his axe pushes through and nails thanks.
Ergo storm breaker alone is enough to overpower an infinity GAUNTLET powered thanos.

Yet in endgame a thanos without a single infinity stone both tosses not only a Thor powered by storm breaker AND mjolnir but iron man with his nano suit AND a captain America worthy enough to wield mjolnir? Like wtf?

Its been explained fucking brainlet. In IW Thanos was just kind of fucking around. He knew he had essentially won by the time he starts fighting Avengers. Hence him not wearing armor. They literally explain he wasnt in "battle mode" or some shit. In this movie its different. And Thor is clearly not in top tier shape. Lastly during Thanos fight with Marvel he wasnt using any of the stones. She was holding his hand open. When he finally did use a stone. Guess what? Marvel got blasted. Stop being so fucking triggered by a character who has maybe 10 minutes of screentime

There was no need for Tony that die. It was just gratuitous

Cap did alright
Most masculine != most chad

Thor is the only relatable character even being an out of shape jock

Korg and Miek deserve to be in GotG3, the rest of the universe can dissapear with Carol. Banner is cool tho.

Yet it was an absolutely good scene. The moment with Peter and particularly with Pepper was good.

It would've been boring if he killed Thanos a second time. Simple as.

What about hurling Stormbreaker through a full 6 stone beam from the gauntlet into his chest?

So why was this movie called “endgame”

RDJ wanted out so he could make more small scale kino with his wife

>nerf superman to have a story make sense because really he's stronger than the rest combined
But that’s false

The master plan was to do a saturday cartoon deus ex machina ensemble fight

Just turn your brain off bro.

>full power
>not an amount of power thanos thought would stop the axe

I was expecting him to fully hulk out instead of that when he said the energy of the infinity stones is mainly gamma radiation

Infinity War Thor was so overpowered, they had to nerf him a lot. Kind of clever.

no, Thor is a litteral God, it's just that Gods are aliens
He is the God of thunder

Being in shape is not how marvel power sets work kid.
Odin is a fat and old man yet wields the Odin force and outranks all other asgardians.
Muh battle armour is a shitty plot device and the infinity stones have never needed to be in a closed fucking hand to be operated.
The eye of agamotto or time stone is never held in anyone’s hand when used for instance

They worfed Thor because they wanted to showcase the woman Disney have bet the next ten years on as the new face of the next several phases.
We’ve all seen the fucking actors themselves arguing about this shit in fucking interviews. It’s defin a controversial sticking point if Hemsworth and Larson are seriously shit talking to each other in public.

>beer belly
>isn’t freshly motivated by grief and revenge like he was in IW
>brain rotted from playing fortnite
I’ll give him a pass

Tom Holland and Harley Keener Ty Simpkins are so handsome.

I get that. You just write the character out as retired. FFS if cap can do it and hand over the reins to falcon then so could Tony. It’s bad writing to just kill a character to squeeze out some emotional capital.

I was surprised when I saw Simpkins, I thought he was still that baby faced shrimp from Jurassic World

>You just write the character out as retired
That would leave him open to returning because the fans are autistic
Iron Man retired twice, once in Iron Man 3 and again after Ultron and came back both times
He wanted out for good this time

absolutely based

he has long hair and a long beared
he really looks like Odin's son now

Not a god of the universe. Ancient humans called them gods, they call each other gods, but they aren't creators of the universe, or all powerful all knowing beings. They are just aliens who call themselves gods.

>they wanted to showcase captain marvel thats why she is hardly in the movie
You are way too overly sensitive about her extremely miniscule presence in the movie. Furthermore maybe how the power works between thor and odin is different. Lastly that is how the fucking gauntlet works considering Strange LITERALLY says to not let Thanos close his hands.

that moment when he took the power stone into his other hand and punch marvel was so satisfying

Because if it was the same Thor from Infinity War but with both the Hammer and Axe, Thanos would've got fucked up by one character

What's the emotional payoff of the movie then? You rather have a star wars 1 style parade celebration?

They are also immortal and other aliens also call them Gods, like Celestials
Gods are just a "type" of extraterrestrial beings who generally seem to be extremely powerful and usually immortal

he never wanted to be king after his first film

But how does getting fat reduce his powerlevel so fucking much
And where is his character development ? His arc is shit now, he did not learn anything and there was no triumph for him

She duels one on one with thaos and almost overpowers him

Do they have dancing thanos in fortnite in the MCU?

Being out of shape is exactly how we're supposed to believe Thor got nerfed. I don't like it, but that seems to be the case.

>Be Thor in IW
>Hypermotivated to kill Thanos and avenger your Asguardian bros
>Become TURBOGODCHAD
>Wreck Everyone including Thanos
>Fuck up, Thanos wins and half the universe. Including half of the half of Asguard that's survived.
>Roll up on Thanos' crib and murder defenseless farmer Thanos.
>Hollow Victory
>Spend the next 5 years eating, drinking and playing Fortnite.
>Probably getting dabbed on by Dancing Thanos in game as well.
>Gets triggered by anyone even saying Thanos' name
>No motivation
>Godly Gains have been Gobbled
>NERFED FAT ALCHY THOR

S

No, this time it's a very well motivated character death. Tony started from rich, selfish, borderline drunk to hero who was still selfish, as evidenced by him not wanting to help their back to the future plot in the beginning. Him dying to save so many was a massive payoff that would have been muted by a happy ending

Honestly what was the point of Captain Marvel, 2 scenes and movie wouln't change if she wasnt in them

No, emotional shape dumbass. Have you really been watching Thor all these years and not realised his powers are directly related to how he feels and his own self-confidence?

>projecting this hard

Touch a boob, son

She literally just holds his hand open before getting fucking blasted user.... the best she does it tank a normal thanos headbutt, look smug, and then immediately after gets btfo and is gone until the funeral

He was more powerful than odin in ragnarok. They even explicitly state this.

sucks

who the fuck cares about shit like this?

Who knows. Also Thanos in IW wasnt really trying. He knew he had basically won. The Russos literally explain he wasnt in "battlemode" hence the no armor and shit. So its reasonable to assume that if he was and Thor didnt catch him off guard he would have rekt Thor in IW

Also how is his arc shit? In all his films he is struggling with the thought of becoming King and how to be a good king. And how he really isnt interested in it. Why did it have to end with him being a king? Why couldn't it end with him actually deciding that yeah he isnt going to be something he doesnt really want to be?

>He was more powerful than odin in ragnarok. They even explicitly state this.

When?

strong white males must lose in female power fantasies. or fuck them.

Ragnarok was irrelevant and for nothing?

it's not about him being fat, it's about him being emotionally absent, lost and generally depressed. His powers are directly related to how worthy and confident he feels, and always have been

It's the subplot for literally every Thor movie that he can't use his full powers because he doesn't believe in himself or some shit

>Are you Thor, God of Hammers?

I feel like all you fucking autists haven't been watching this shit at all

Odin states that Thor is more powerful than he is hence why he entrusts Asgard to him

did you have fun watching it? then it fulfilled its purpose. jesus christ you people

>female power fantasies
So you didnt watch the movie? Literally most of the movies is about white males (thor, tony, and steve) handling shit.

Watch the movie, im not going to get you a timestamp. Its just after thor loses his eye and hel has him in a chokehold. He gets some deus ex afterlife vision where he talks with odin and gets a second wind.

I want the universe to be ineteranally consistent with understandable and hard set powerlevels, at least on the level of an average comic.
MCU is literally worse than any comic universe at this.

They are literally this fucking stupid user. Super hero movies go over their heads. I have literally seen people confused as to how thanos can snap with his fist clenched.

Why couldn't Thor have nuked the ship with... thunder? Even fucking Cap did more of that than Thor as if that power somehow resided in Thor's hammer rather than... y'know, the GOD of Thunder.

The literal lines are:

>Thor: I'm not as strong as you

>Odin: No, you're stronger

Which is an obvious reference to mental and emotional strength, not actual power levels

What other successful comic film universes exist?

>(presumably with the dormammu bargain bit) years of experience fighting a cosmic being
He didn't experience the time loop, only Dormammu did, that's why it was such a good plan. As far as he is aware, the bargain worked on the first try.

She no sold a headbutt from Thanos and was holding his hand open. He only beat her by using the power stone.

none
how is it obvious you retard?
are you saying that Thor has no potential to be far stronger than Odin? Because literally in every incarnation of Thor he grows up to be stronger than Odin

Are you this dumb? How was Ragnarok at all about Thor accepting his role as a king? It was about Thor discovering his "inner potential" or whatever the fuck you want to call it

I don't know how to explain it to you. It's clear that's exactly what it means, and that would be apparent to every non-autistic person watching it.

He's literally talking about whether he's strong enough to be the leader of his people, not whether he can lift more rocks than Odin, or shoot more powerful lightning than Odin

He gets it even longer

Attached: Screenshot_20190425-223554_Twitter.jpg (1079x757, 564K)

And? All the other avengers took absolute ass beatings and kept getting up. She held his hand open, which again many of the other avengers did as well in IW. She was completely out of the fight after he used the stone on her.

But he can, in literally every single rendition of his character

If he can then why didn't he?

Why didn't he what? In IW end he is incredibly strong, arguably the most powerful we have ever seen any character.

>you can have the small one

Attached: thor vs loki.jpg (807x605, 145K)

Stan Lee said Thor is the strongest

He is both a god and an alien. That’s how marvel, even in the comics, works.

In order for women to succeed, men must fail.

Attached: tmp_27984-1556226083365921683484.png (603x572, 78K)

Your thinking of the Hulk

When did Thor go from being a no nonsense kind of guy to being epic quiplord #53294729

She takes the headbutt and it doesn’t even move her neck an inch she just smiles at him or whatever

>tony dies
>he gets a huge funeral

>black widow dies
>she gets a bench thrown over the lake

Lol, hulk has never showcased anything stronger in MCU than Thor in end of IW

Why wasn't there a Bollywood dance sequence in the post credits where everyone dances as the credits roll?

They jobbed Hulk so hard

why did Thor create an axe to end up weaker? he's strongest when shooting fucking lightning like in the arena on sakaar

Tony was rich and had influence.

>hulk has never showcased anything stronger in MCU than Thor in end of IW

Attached: 1530251070589.jpg (1200x1696, 548K)

That bench went really far though

They kinda shit all over Thor, Hulk, Scott, and Quil pretty hard.

Strongest avenger* and his reasoning was pretty stupid. Either way, he’s not the strongest and even if he was writing always btfo’s power levels. Hulk has stomped Thor numerous times and strange should never have any problem with anyone yet he does.

But he has not? MCU hulk is weaker than MCU thor, what the fuck are you on about?

The directors suck. The Russos just fucked it up here big time. At least Whedon kept the power levels consistent

Okay? And the other avengers took absolute ass beatings and were relatively fine. She got fucking immediately blasted after that head butt and was out of the rest of the fight. Stop being so sensitive to the presence of a character who played a pretty miniscule role in the whole movie

Thor was demolished, it was ridiculous what they've done to his character.

lmao, she literally toys with everybody in every scene

Dr. Strange can literally and I mean literally destroy universes in comic books, he has done so several times.
Thor can destroy galaxies, shoot beams that break reality when he gets odinforce and has tanked a bomb that was meant to fuck up a multiverse .
Hulk, at his peak, can break a planet I guess.

Did he really have to wait for them to die though? He doesn't seem to mention it at all in the movies. He just seemed he was going to do it after he was let down by rhonin and loki. Probably wouldn't have given a fuck if odin was alive or not

This too. He seemed like a completely different character in Endgame. And it wasn't just because it was an earlier version of him, it was something else. It just felt off

Because he is feeling all down on himself in this movie. In every single thor movie they show his power is related almost directly to his confidence.

I love how soibois excuse character assassination and literal character arc resets

"Fuck white people"

Attached: the-avengers results.png (1092x614, 777K)

ok should be shrekd

How so? His character arc makes a bit of sense.

>toys with everyone
>gets fucking wrecked in her only actual fight
I guess nothing really can make you babies happy

Captain Marvel didn't even go full binary mode in this movie at all either. If she had she would have fucked Thanos in the ass with his ship.

>tfw Captain America would have been the superior Thor all along
seriously, he was so much better at fighting with the Mjolnir, he could have beaten Loki all alone in the first Avengers

>REE its character assassination that thor didnt become some awesome king despite the fact for all his movies he has shown an unwillingness to become one

already did it in avengers 1

What is his arc you fucking retard?

Oh no he left the task of administrating a shitty fishing village to one of his friends so he could go have a blast in space

wtf does jobbed mean

This.
Women fail until the bar is lowered for them.

Attached: tmp_27984-1556215861880295488324.png (697x555, 494K)

Me and my brother both said this, I think the russos actually hate hulk as based as they may be

>Thor

What part of Thor becoming a drunkern fatty makes sense? He has lived for thousands of years, fought countless battles. Lost his father, his mother, his brother. Yet he completely loses his shit after he fails to stop Thanos. So completely that he gives up on life. It's out of character, not even close to his comics, not even close to how he was portrayed in the earlier movies.

>CM
Who rekt her? She was dismantling Thanos with a full IG until he popped the stone to his other hand to punch her, barely saving himself.

Because a rat activated the ant man device.

what do you mean? we finally got some representation

Attached: 1556256526197.jpg (529x585, 156K)

Remember the scene where the Fat Russo had a cameo playing the first openly gay character in caps support group? Haha fucking inclusion am I right? DUDE GAYS LMAO

gotcha covered

Attached: the-avengers results fixed.png (1092x614, 781K)

Him struggling with filling his fathers shoes for one. Him discovering the true source of his powers. Him struggling with his "destiny" to become king vs his desire to not really be one. Why did his character arc have to end as him king?

Thor was the only good part about Endgame t b q h f a m

He has diabetes and a fat fuck, you can see him struggling to breathe during his fights.

>failing the entire universe is similar to losing his father, mother, and brother
>also none of this can be a cumulative effect with him literally failing the universe being a breaking point
Nice user

>dismantling thanos
So holding his hand open and tanking a headbutt is dismantling Thanos now? She got fucking blasted by thanos and was absent the rest of the fight after that. Despite the ass beating Cap, Thor, and Tony took they kept coming. Seriously stop being such a massive fucking cry baby because a female character you dont like is in the movie

Godless kikes

>abloo bloo bloo i don't like what they did with thor why is he a fat slob now

Never heard of depression? He feels responsible for not killing Thanos and letting The Snap happen. All his family is dead. He turned to booze and video games to escape his problems.

Attached: 644.jpg (726x520, 38K)

>just stay in the fishing village playing fortnite bro
-OR-
>go with the guardians for SPACE KINO
literally easy choice

He's an old as fuck God. They could have gone another way by having him succumb to dark magic in a vain hope to undo the snap, he loses his worthy essence and then Cap comes along. Kinomax

They jobbed him because it was her turn and if he was still op then he could do all the heavy lifting and CM would have zero reason to exist.

It’s Thor Ragnarok Thor who Is a bumbling quipster