One Major Plothole

In Infinity War, Strange gives away the Time stone because apparently the only way they win is if the events of EndGame occur. But there was nothing in EndGame to suggest that that needed to happen. If Strange had just used a portal to cut off Thanos’ arm, or if he had stopped Quill from sperging out then the outcome would’ve been the same.
Basically, the plot of EndGame was not intricate enough to justify Strange giving away the Time stone.

Attached: 969C9CB7-705D-4EDC-8A4D-49BF0FF2D6F3.jpg (798x420, 32K)

I was expecting a better explanation too, but it doesn’t really qualify as as plothole

Thanos was about to kill Tony, Strange gave the stone to Thanos so that he would spare Tony.

Who ends up being the one who defeats Thanos?

he couldve literally just gone back in time again and stopped starlord, why are you trying to look for reason or rhyme in capeshit

Nope

It all turned out the way it did because every event preceded every other event in a logical fashion

Time and causality dont have to line up neatly. Do you know what the butterfly effect is?

A bigger plot hole that they even attempt to adress was why didnt they just go back in time and strangle baby thanos?

Completely agreed.

I was thinking 'OK, so what on earth will be the Literal 4D Chess Masterplan...?
>take stones off glove
>which you can do easily, just by touching the glove
Um
Could've been done in the last movie and in literally Billions of other ways. Ok then.

i fucking hate time travel

Attached: 1443077521414.png (121x139, 11K)

>30 IQ brainlet posting

>It all turned out the way it did because every event preceded every other event in a logical fashion
???? Feel free to even attempt to explain.

>A bigger plot hole that they even attempt to adress was why didnt they just go back in time and strangle baby thanos?
They wanted their friends and Half the Universe back you Mongoloid

Stipulating Strage's time and portal powers aside. In the context of what we know in the film, Strange looks forward in time and sees only one possibility of victory. So if that is the case, stopping Starlord wouldn't have solved anything, in Endgame, it is implied changing the past doesn't necessarily change the present.

None of them could beat Thanos. Even with one arm, he would beat them senseless. Only the Women Brigade could beat him.

There was no other way

Attached: 220px-AoE_shuhua_milk.jpg (220x248, 15K)

Well, Endgame glove was a Tony Stark invention, not forged by a giant dwarf, so Tony might have better luck with manipulating it.

Remember in Doctor Strange at the very end when he had Dormammu constantly in a endless time Loop when was going to kill the Earth why didn't he do something like that with the time Stone I don't get it.

well then call her to Titan? he has seen the future

how?

>it is implied changing the past doesn't necessarily change the present.
Dormammu, I've come to doom 1 gorillion timelines for my joke.

>"There was no other way."

Here's some possibilities

The avengers then would have had all 6 stones. And....then what? Is that good? Is it good they have a gauntlet and all 6 stones? I bet this just starts more wars with Kree, or whoever.

Or, does strange always fail to get to Earth before they destroy the mind stone. What if Killing Thanos and degloving him could not be done fast enough and the mind stone always gets destroyed. (not likely, but putting it out there)

Also, Thanos destroys the stones. All of them. He is one of the strongest beings in the universe. He was able to with stand the drain and pulled this off. I think Dr.Strange prefered this outcome. The stones needed to be destroyed. There was no victory in having all 6 and a gauntlet. No way to destroy them with only 5 if he could never get to the mind stone fast enough. We got the outcome strange wanted, the stones destroyed and everyone brought back to life, and tony dead, cause he doesn't fucking like tony. Honestly. Dr.Strange is the fucking villain here, and I hope people realize this. He could have used save states to find a different path, but this is the path HE wanted.

>I wrote it

Could have also been something else to:
When the ancient one heard that Strange willingly gave up the time stone to Thanos- her attitude did a complete 180. Before she was completely unwilling to give the time stone to Bruce. But after hearing Strange gave up the time stone she was more willing.

But if Cap went and put the stones back where he found them, then shouldn’t they still exist in the present?

You can only use the portal on other people if they fail the charisma check. Weak magic doesn't work on opponents as powerful as Thanos, which is a major threat even without the gauntlet.

Attached: literallyme.png (700x700, 21K)

they get away with it with the 14 million timeline thing
notice it comes before any significant interactions they have with thanos

>The avengers then would have had all 6 stones. And....then what? Is that good?

I think this is the most likely explanation, even if it is hacky at best.

The Avengers don't have the will to use the glove for anything other than undoing Thanos' work and Thanos himself, because of said work. I highly doubt they would be able to bring themselves to use the glove against any other beings in the universe. Eventually, they would falter, and the stones would fall into the hands of someone less inhibited by scruples, and an Earth-centric catastrophe would be sure to follow. Strange may simply have been looking beyond the next decade of Earth's existence and was more interested in securing a future where the stones mere presence could not threaten it.

no because the stones of that timeline were destroyed by thanos already

>Could've been done in the last movie and in literally Billions of other ways.
this has to be a troll

This, OP is a retard

the amount of infighting they might cause too. Can you imagine them all agreeing on what to do with them? Like Wakada and Thor are gonna see eye to eye on the gauntlet. If everyone agrees to destroy them....then how? Scarlet Witch was only ever shown to have power over the mind stone, which granted the powers she has. Not likely she could destroy the rest.