The size of South America but a single kingdom

>the size of South America but a single kingdom
I thought Germ prided himself on being realistic?

Attached: Westeros.jpg (439x679, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xqooet-6FYc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_the_Middle_Ages
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Giant fire breathing lizards
I thought Germ prided himself on being realistic?

ever hear of spain?

Many times in history even larger territories answered to a single ruler.

Contiguous empires are pretty easy to maintain.It's why Russia still has all that land, and Britain doesn't.

Don't scare the American with history

>british empire
>at the height of its expansion 13.71 million square miles
>area of south america
>6.89 million square miles
>there are people on Yea Forums right now, right here, who do not know that larger areas than the entirety of south america were controlled by a single power
Why is burger education so unfathomably shitty?

OP is British you dumbfucks

The size of Westeros is South America but includes Beyond the Wall which is largely unexplored and about the size of Canada according to GRRM, which makes Seven Kingdoms approximately thr size of Europe

Still retarded but at least some context

obsessed

Wrong. Only Russia, Britain, and the Mongols ever had more. Russia and Mongols controlled the empty steppes and Britain had a massive technological advantage over the areas she conquered. No-one has ever had that much civilised, populated area.

Literally 0 chance he is white if true

the Targaryens had dragons, once they died it all fell apart

>Literally 0 chance he is white if true

Attached: file.png (236x412, 143K)

it works because of magical teleporting raven internet, which is "realistic" in that large empires tend to collapse because of poor communication, but unrealistic in that ravens don't teleport and are hard to train

Brits are burgers in my book. I do not adhere to the socially constructed difference between brits and american citizens.

Persians/Greeks/Romans/Ottomans had huge empires and moreover 100% fertile chadland
Probably this shitty continent has deserts and steppes and shit as well

Bongs are ugly degenerate idiots but at least they know the size of their empire.

it's literally 7 kingdoms dipshit
the king in westeros is more like an emperor

Attached: guy.png (210x227, 67K)

Who were the Romans

Mongols had a single kingdom that was far greater than Westeros or South America, so did the Romans.
The difference tho is that things were much more volatile irl. Westeros looks quite simple to keep every realm in check. I don't think Westeros should continue to be unified after a 280 years dinasty ended if we're speaking on realistic terms.

hold my beer
youtube.com/watch?v=Xqooet-6FYc

>The size of Westeros is South America but includes Beyond the Wall which is largely unexplored and about the size of Canada according to GRRM, which makes Seven Kingdoms approximately thr size of Europe

Your shitpost doesn't even make any sense, you geographically challenge shit-for-brains.

South America is considerably larger than Europe, even Brazil alone is larger than Europe minus Russia.

Stupid mercator pleb, probably american.

The only continuous empire the scale of South America is the Mongol one. South America is so immense that Brazil is already the size of America.

how can an american country be larger than the very continent containing it?

>this reading comprehension

3000 miles from the wall to the south coast. Go on google maps and check how far that is compared to europe. Any european can tell you that even empires could never be that size in the medieval period
Please do some research, the Roman empire was 5 million square km at its height, as was the Ottoman. Also Rome was much more advanced than Gallic tribes.

Westeros is estimated to be around 7 million square miles, Mongol and their """empire"""" was around 4

They had quite centralized empires with extensive bureaucratic networks, while similar institutions do not seem to exist in Westeros. It appears like a feudal clusterfuck in the Seven Kingdoms, I have no idea why houses would invest this fucking much trying to install themselves on such an impractical throne.

But who cares, the fat fuck is a hack and it's all a glorified children's tale

>could never be that size in the medieval period
Good thing GoT isn't in the Medieval period.

I always presumed it was the same size as UK +Ireland

Attached: Westeros.jpg (720x729, 142K)

Makes the most sense logistically imo

Everyone who wasn't retarded thought this, fatty just fucked up

Transportation and army mobility-wise, it absolutely fucking is, you retarded namefaggot.

In fact it's EARLY medieval period, even, because Late Medieval Period had a lot more chariots than Westeros used by all sorts of rich people, while in Westeros we only see chariots in Ep1/Book 1, used by royalty itself.

AND there were plenty of medieval cities with much better city mobility/larger streets than King's Landing.

It would PERHAPS make sense for the mongol-like Dothraki, an army/people comprised entirely of horsemen, to conquer and HOLD an Empire the size of Westeros. Never the actual Westerosi empire the series actually gives us, with barely any Cavalries in their armies.

Moreover, even the largest Empires IRL only held their largest continous empire length for a few years, decades at most. Not fucking hundreds of years like the Targaryen supposedly did.

>He thinks any of that meansit's in the medieval period
LMAO, look at this brainlet.
Let's look at the definition of the Middle Ages.
>the period of European history from the fall of the Roman Empire in the West (5th century) to the fall of Constantinople (1453), or, more narrowly, from c. 1100 to 1453.
You can't prove that GoT takes place while Earth is in that time period. It could be happening in the 1920's for all you know.

Not sure about the top but the bottom is literally Ireland flipped with minor alterations (plus Dorne)

I'm pretty sure Fatman just didn't know how big South America is vs Westeros being Giant. It's probably the size of Europe

That's why it's split into 7 kingdoms you mong. It's an empire comprised of multiple smaller kingdoms.

>Transportation and army mobility-wise, it absolutely fucking is

Attached: file.png (1098x444, 390K)

That's not the medieval era tho

>technology

Are you mentally impaired? Brazil alone is the size of America dummy meaning South America dwarfs North America in complete scale. Peru alone is so huge that it would stretch from Canada to California if placed in North America.

GoT isn't medieval era either.

>implying everything has to be invented in exactly the same order

It's 7+ "kingdoms" that mostly self govern and pay a tax to the king in the Crownlands.

Autism, autism everywhere

Attached: 1413033195690.gif (480x292, 3.48M)

buddy you can look it up, North America is bigger. Canada is the second biggest country after Russia

Yes it is

Doesn't seem worthy to risk your future prospects and entire dynasty over this

Thats not unrealistic.

Medieval is a European period. Westeros is not Europe.

This sounds about right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_the_Middle_Ages
According to wikipedia, a small mounted company can do about 30 miles (50km) per day on horseback. This involves the horse walking for most of the duration of the day, with short breaks.

Of course, a fit horse can travel further than this. Mounted soldiers would ride their horses 50-60 miles (80-100 km) in a day. This is more taxing on both the horses and the riders. With government waystations the likes of which were used in Persia and Rome, in which a soldier can switch his horse for a rested one, this number rises to 120-150 km per day.

The distance from southernmost large city in the world, Ushuaia, to the northenmost point of SA, the Panama Strait, is about 6000 miles, or 10000 km.

That means the fastest soldier, switching with no rest between the fastest horses he can get at previously selected locations, could traverse SA/Westeros in about 68-70 days. Realistically, because we know Westeros doesn't have such horse stations, this number increases to 90 days, or just about 3 months. For a single soldier conveying his King's orders through the kingdom.

A small army, travelling 30miles/50km a day, would take 6 MONTHS to travel through the kingdom. GOOD LUCK holding an Empire, squashing a rebellion 6 months late or even forging a military alliance like that.

GURM has fucked up, simple.

>everyone ITT conveniently ignoring that the far north is what makes westeros so fucking huge, not the southern cunt kingdoms
ye foken sotherners neva foken lern

Read what you fucking sent you retard. That’s the modern wheelchair it even started it out sold all other wheelchairs meaning wheelchairs before it.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1084, 1009K)

>but a single kingdom
Seven Kingdoms.

Attached: season I 1.jpg (800x592, 224K)

THEY HAD DRAGONS

3000 miles from the wall to the south coast

The north shouldnt have civilization if its that immense.

Based retard.

The Targaryens sent their dragons to any big house that showed defiance for 200 years. It took like 80 years after the last dragon had died for the great houses to rebel because you need 3 or more kingdoms to pose a threat the crown. The lord of the seven kingdoms concept only works if you have dragons or have a benevolent ruler that the great houses like.

Seven Kingdom =/= all of Westeros
There's a huge unexplored part in the North that's still part of Westeros.
The 7 kingdom are only a small part of the larger continent, the southern type like the Southern cone of South America if Brazil was situated at the North pole and Argentina was more temperate.

>miles
what's a mile, anglocunt

>But dude like Canada is so big!

Attached: scales.png (3872x504, 931K)

Attached: scate.png (5888x816, 1.07M)

oooohhh you're one of those retards that say "America" meaning "The USA". My bad.

you mean everyone in the world other than butt blasted spics?

Dorne didn't even become part of the Seven Kingdoms until a century and half after the the original conquest. Plus the North was left almost completely alone for most of that period as well, and in turn left everything south of the Neck alone as well.

Really for most of the 300 or so years of Targaryen rule it was more like 5 Kingdoms and it was still marked by a large number of internal wars and conflict in which various Lord rebelled, plus the competing claims which resulted in civil wars.

Yeah, and it's inherently unstable. It takes dragons to keep it together.

It took centuries for Dorne and the North to be brought under subjugation. Even once they officially recognized the crown, they were still basically independent. Dorne was left more to its own devices because it's mostly a sand shit-hole and the North was under rule from the Starks aka honorable to a fault.

One of the whole points of the early books, especially Clash of Kings, was that this was inherently unstable and prone to failure without a strong king. Preferably with Dragons.

this. westeros under the iron throne is a very loose union of mostly autonomous regions that paid some tax to be left alone most of the time.

no just amerimutts and yuropoors

Attached: photo5113979880055351274.jpg (760x651, 126K)

>One of the whole points of the early books, especially Clash of Kings, was that this was inherently unstable and prone to failure without a strong king. Preferably with Dragons.

This.

Remember Ned is horrified when he sees the state the kingdom is in when he gets to the red keep. Robert was drinking and whoring while the kingdom was slowly rotting and moving towards collapse.

Still, an empire the size GRRM says it is should have enough natural resources to sustain the debauchery of 100 King Roberts.

DRAGONS
R
A
G
O
N
S

A land of that scale would takes months to travel by foot and weeks by horses. The north's cold air would really slow down travel making it hard as shit to go there frequently.

>it has dragons so now literally nothing has to make sense xD
Kys zoomers.

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Would you have preferred my cock in your mouth instead?

The population is only about 25million

The kingdoms were separate until the targs came with fucking dragons and forged them into one. All except Dorn fell in line.

Once the targs were gone robert ruled for like 14 years? Then a massive civil war broke out...

So 14 years without air support and fire power to hold a collapsing empire...that's not that long.

Dumbass, the last dragon died LONG before King Aerys II and Robert's Rebellion. Like a century before, IIRC.

>canadian thinks he is in any way superior

He just exaggerated. He also made the wall three hundred feet tall, then said he regretted it when he was an 80ft dam.

SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER MY UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE.

>Any european can tell you that even empires could never be that size in the medieval period
well then I guess any eurpean is a dumb fucking retard too cause the only thing that united the 7 kingdoms was dragons

dragons that can fly
and shoot fire
and next to nothing can kill it unless some retard gets lucky and shoots it in the eye

now explain to me, european, how this fits into your "historic accuracy"

not him, but either way, you need to stop namefagging

OHH MY GOD

THE AVENGERS BEAT THE FINAL BOSS THANOS

THE GOOD GUYS WIN

EPIC WIN

Attached: soyboy cuck.png (644x800, 15K)

btw
it wasn't one kingdom until some guy showed up with a super weapon and made it one

I'm not sure when that happened in human history where we can draw conclusions so maybe someone can draw a parallel with real life so that we can finally beat gurm once and for all

I can't hear you over you raping your dog legally lol

Not even mentioning that largest medieval Christian Empire was Kievan Rus, with 2.1 million km2 and it became very divided only after half a century of its existence.

>South America - 17.84 million km2
>Canada - 9.985 million km2
>Europe - 10.18 million km2

Faggot

damn actually BTFOd
other poster on suicide watch

Russians also vastly outnumbered the ethnicities they conquered, while Brits weren't even 1% of the Indian population

It’s called the 7 kingdoms you dick, and it’s actually more like 9

Lmao this retarded shitskin can't even talk

Actually it worked because of dragons, it only stayed together after that because it was the new status quo, and the kingdoms really aren’t all that different

literal fucking cavemen figured out how to drive everything they came across larger than a dog extinct with muscle-power alone, if you can't figure out how to kill a dragon when you've got actual knowledge of engineering then you're just not trying

let me explain this for europeans

imagine if you had a bunch of countries, let's say 7 of them, and they were all close enough in proximity that their cultures didn't vary that much
let's say you have a world class super weapon and you're all the sudden the world super power
now let's say that you want to bring together these 7 countries in some sort of... union...

>bragging about paying for medical services in taxes instead of directly

No it doesn’t, because then the army sizes and populations are disproportionately large

Why didn't they break up after the dragon fag left

It's like the HRE

b-bbut Voltaire

That wasn't always the case, the Russians had to manually reduce the population of the steppeshits.

they literally did

>I always presumed it was the same size as UK
There is a glaring problem with that assumption; the climate. "The Lands of Always Winter" has permafrost, Dorne is a desert.
The thing with climate is certain climate can only appear in certain latitude. Thus... If we are generous and say that latitude of the Walls is 60° (same as Bergen) and that Sunspear is 30° (same as Cairo), it would mean that Westeros is at least 3430 km in height.

Attached: eavf3vl.png (477x403, 12K)

Britain should have depopulated India if they wanted to keep it forever

based

cringe and reddit

Honestly i dont think its the size of southamerica.
It always seems more like usa.

Attached: image.jpg (620x400, 28K)

>and the kingdoms really aren’t all that different
that's pretty retarded dude. you'd expect westeros to have dozens of distinct languages, hundreds of dialects, and as many cultures as both of those put together. you'd be lucky if the nobility understood each other with the conditions they were at

only way you DON'T have that is if you literally have constant and free & open movement within the entire kingdom, with people from all over the empire settling and re-settling in different locations throughout their lives, while goods circulate with as much uniformity as you can expect when taking into account relative wealth

basically, you need something like the roman empire. and even that only worked because of their massive standing army of people spread throughout the empire keeping distant regions in-touch with the center. without those soldiers, people from the core simply would never have reason to travel to the fringes (mostly to sell stuff there to the people who in turn only had money because of the soldiers they provided service to), which severs the shared connection and makes them develop their own cultures & languages in the blink of an eye

having a place that big structured like england during the middle ages (but with dragons! as if that changes anyway) doesn't make any sense.

Status quo bias

>The Targaryens sent their dragons to any big house that showed defiance for 200 years
And no house bothered to develop anti-dragon weapons.
Also, if you can defeat anything but the Dornish with Dragons, why stop in Westeros? Just conquer Southoros and Essos.

dragons are afraid of steppe archers. well-known historical fact.

>with people from all over the empire settling and re-settling in different locations throughout their lives, while goods circulate with as much uniformity as you can expect when taking into account relative wealth
This was basically the case in Europe until the 1800s

Their planet is smaller but the core has a bunch of heavy metals so the gravity is approximately that of Earth

But that's what it's called.
>USA = United States of America
Before "of" comes the style of country, after it comes the name. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela is not called BRV, nor should 'murica.
Furthermore, there is no confusion, because there is no continent called America, there are the continents of North America and South America, that are collectively called the Americas.

And don't forget the United Mexican States

SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE GUNSHOTS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

no it wasn't. you read the written communications, people are telling each other they're afraid to come visit, or trade - to travel from one ruler's territory to or through another's - because it placed suspicion on them. families broke up as people placed in different parts of europe stopped interacting with each other as it got too dangerous compared to pre-collapse. that's not even accounting for the unsanctioned violence you'd expose yourself to, like the banditry

and even where you can argue that it kinda sorta was still possible, on the mainland, it sure wasn't for britain. archaeological evidence is clear that after rome pulled out, the isles basically stopped trading and likely everything else associated with it like the movements of peoples

If their planet is smaller, won't that make the time run faster?

Ah bloo bloo

yeah why don't they call it an empire lol

>Germ
IM OFF THAT DOPE SMOKE FEEL LIKE HAN SOLO

What?

>>the size of South America but a single kingdom
what is China

It's called an empire, Stranger. Like Rome.

an empire

The king on the iron throne is defacto an emperor. Only different in name