Evans and Hemsworth each earned $15 million for the film

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 08.05.07.png (607x305, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cheatsheet.com/entertainment/star-wars-episode-viii-cast-how-much-make.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that good? Seems a little low considering it will make billions no?

Nobody actually likes hemsworth or evans as their characters though, numbers back it up. They're slightly less disliked than Scarlet as Widow (everyone hates Widow)

I'm sure they all signed on for a cut of the gross and toy sales shit as well

Yeah at this point it's low. Jason Mamoa got about 12 mil for Aquaman

And?

Thats not how ppl in real life work moron. Everyone has fans and sects that like them

How much did Johanson and Larson make?

Lol no. They signed their contracts back when they were nobodies and signed like 6 picture deals. You think Disney would let them touch their merch profits? Only RDJ signed a contract for the % because he's so unbelievably expensive that they couldn't afford his salary outright.

I think about $30 each

75% of 15 million of course.

They literally are less valuable because the majority of people know how bad the Chrises are at their roles and don't pay to see their movies.

>Only RDJ signed a contract for the % because he's so unbelievably expensive that they couldn't afford his salary outright.
At what point did his price skyrocket? The Iron Man trilogy? Must be good being at the right place at the right time. I'm guessing he signed a deal for the 3 Iron Man films, at which point the capeshit genre took off, and then he had blank cheques to work with.

Attached: 1551865833266.jpg (899x944, 62K)

$15 million is very low. They've been locked into these roles for close to a decade and have played them in like 5 movies. Look at the budget and the earning projections and $15 million is pretty much an insult. They could have probably made more money doing any number of movies if they weren't contractually locked into being slaves for the mouse.

RDJ initially signed a 4 picture deal which is why in Avengers he could have died and not come back if he didn't feel like playing Iron Man anymore. RDJ has been a very prominent and popular actor for nearly 30 years, his price has probably been high since before most of the people watching Iron Man have been born.

>The Iron Man trilogy?
How fucking young are you? RDJ has been hot shit since like the 80s. Just because he chooses to take some time off and not go the Tom Cruise route by crapping out 3 movies a year doesn't mean he's not desired

According to SAG all actors do get some form of residuals you absolute fucking retard.

That explains it. I'm early 90's born and the only film I've seen RDJ in besides capeshit is Tropic Thunder and Sherlock Holmes. I've always considered him an excellent actor, but honestly never got the 'hot shit' vibes from him, so I honestly thought Iron Man was his big break in terms of money. How bout some old RDJkino recommendations?

Attached: 0009113012_20.jpg (491x491, 45K)

Tom Holland and Harley Keener Ty Simpkins are so handsome.

Is that sagawa from Yakuza 0

for a long time nobody in hollywood would touch him because he was a drunken druggie fuckup, iron man was his combeback

RDJ practically killed his career . He was hot shit when he was in Ally Mcbeal but then he hit the drugs, had to be written out of the series suddenly and he became a total liability that no one would touch.

Iron Man made him a star again only after he'd been clean for several years.

>according to SAG
lol. I'll humor you, please show me the exact bylaw in their handbook - I'm sure you can find it online so it shouldn't take you too long. I'll wait, retard.

Everyone thought Ironman was gonna be a disaster because RDJ was a druggie loser who just came out of rehab. Then he proved them wrong.

It's perfectly fair, if not generous. Your pay in life is determined by which options you have, not what value you bring to the organization which is paying you. Who was Chris Hemsworth before Thor? Nobody. If he had tried to negotiate a better long term deal they would have told him to fuck off and made some other chad actor a star instead. Same goes for Evans. There are countless gorgeous young actors dying to land a big capeshit franchise role so when one gets offered you pretty much need to take it on Disney's terms. Hell, Daisy Ridley and Boyega only made like $200K each for TFA.
cheatsheet.com/entertainment/star-wars-episode-viii-cast-how-much-make.html/
It is what is is. $15M now is pretty damn good when you consider that before capeshit Evans was doing supporting roles in shit like Scott Pilgrim and Hemsworth wasn't even included on the poster for his last film before Thor (Perfect Getaway).

Attached: Evans.jpg (227x222, 5K)

I think a lot of these capeshit actors get paid garbage (with the exception of maybe Robert Downey Jr) because it's SO easy for a studio to make the argument that these movies will give you unheard of exposure and set you up with a fanbase for life.

Both Evans and Hemsworth were on their way up before capeshit, but now capeshit has essentially entrenched them as big league A-list stars. And if I were a soulless Hollywood actor, I'd trade a shitty payday for that, no problem.

It's bad. It's a well known fact Disney doesn't pay that well compared to Sony or WB. There's a thread up talking about the "MCU that could have been" and it says Mamoa turned down Drax because he refused to cut his hair. The truth is the pay he was offered was incredibly low

>Everyone has sects

Attached: CZOUtaFWQAAfoV6.jpg (720x699, 89K)

>but now capeshit has essentially entrenched them as big league A-list stars
Everything Evans does outside of the MCU flops

>$15M now is pretty damn good
I'd agree with you if this was one of their earlier movies, but they've been locked into these roles for close to a decade. But yeah, there's nothing special about them and the movies sell because of the story. The roles require no real acting skill or charisma, just a pretty face which can be changed out at will. The only actor truly irreplaceable would probably be RDJ which is why they pay him so much

Well that and tropic thunder. 2008 was a good year for him

Most actors, including some of the biggest stars, will never make an insane amount of money. I mean 15 million is good but only a few like Cruise or Will Smith will ever reach superstar status. That's why their net worth is something like +300 million.

Wasn't Tropic Thunder a flop?

Good.

Fuck actors.

RDJ was blacklisted before iron man.
RDJ wasn’t even the highest earning actor in the first iron man movie despite being the starring actor and titular character. He was paid in the tens of thousands I believe.

Terrence Howard and Jeff bridges mad more money than RDJ.

It's like anything in the entertainment industry. Actor, artist, singer, etc. Very, very, very few actually become truly rich from doing it. Even some of the better known performers are probably just scraping by.

Actors are hit especially hard by this because
- You pretty much have to live in/around LA which is one of the most expensive places in the world
- You have to completely rely on a giant group of people to make it

Tropic Thunder was after Iron Man made him a mega star again

>RDJ wasn’t even the highest earning actor in the first iron man movie despite being the starring actor
That's not uncommon.

I would say Chris Hemsworth does a good job and making Thor unique. Thor is funnier and more charismatic than Iron Man in the recent movies

Then why did it flop?

Here's your (You)

Lol yeah. Look at Homecoming. Didn't RDJ make like 100x more than Holland and he was in like all of 3 scenes. More than likely did all of his shots in one day then bounced

you vastly underestimate how much evans and hemsworth bring to their characters. they are as much these characters as rdj is tony stark.

studios spend more on marketing than they do on production. even if a production budget is say 200m, they likely spent 500m+ on marketing.

the days of film stars are coming to an end. it's all about the IP now. nobody is going to these movies for evans or hemsworth, they are coming for thor and captain america.

natural born killers

Hemsworth hasn’t been in much outside of MCU but he’s not bad at all. Like in the Asgard sequence, he could effortlessly switch from comic relief to waterworks. Evans is a pretty flat, one expression guy though.

Probably. Brando got paid a shit load more than Christopher Reeves aswell

>the days of film stars are coming to an end.
They ended a while ago. The last movie star has already hit their peak. What actors are there right now who can draw in a crowd because of their name not their IP? Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Dwayne Johnson? They've been acting for years. I can't think of any new movie star.

Personally, I'm happy for that. I don't want to see the same group of a dozen actors in every movie. It's also pretty sickening that people can make hundreds of millions acting when they can't EVEN ACT. Being pretty and reading some lines shouldn't make someone rich

>making millions and living the life of luxury for doing capeshit
>while I work hard every day of my life for peanuts
Capeshit made me a communist

Attached: edf239c7025a244552658d092113f4a3ace461b8b7c51a345ca9df497cc1be75.png (680x684, 331K)

this

RDJ was still a nobody, C-level druggie actor and was a 'literally who' up until iron man

Thor also overtook Ironman as the most popular Avenger sometime in IW. Hemsworth could definitely ask for more buckaroos because MCU is dead with just these next phase shitters. His only competition is Pratt.

capeshit made me realize we live in a society

Attached: 1531772474049.jpg (1466x2211, 484K)

Based, i was going to reply that. He was great in it, even though when i was younger i thought that movie was a mess

He played a pretty good Charlie Chaplin though

Attached: 150701-1532336916.jpg (640x361, 24K)

Your stupidity and lack of understanding supply and demand is what made you a commie. If everyone was a good actor they'd be paid peanuts as well.

Have sects.

He'd literally starred in Zodiac the year before

>muh supply and demand
I demand you supply the gulags

Attached: 0b105d58ee0e549d2fa66ee66cd7533346c7130530e56008e34a6590f5fd6fc2.jpg (460x618, 70K)

Cry harder you tankie faggot. If you wanted to be rich maybe your mother shouldn't have drank while pregnant and your dad should have stuck around to teach you discipline and a good work ethic.

Considering they each now get a cut of the box office like RDJ, nah, it's great.

Fuck off. You're not my age faggot. RDJ was in weird science, Chaplin, natural born killers. His fucking dad is Robert Downey Sr. You're a fucking moronic zoomer. RDJ has been around since the 70s and EVERYBODY who's a millennial knows about his fucked up coke binges and running around Hollywood high af naked. Stop larping, faggot.

>His fucking dad is Robert Downey Sr
RDS is a no-name and if his son wasn't vastly more popular he would have been forgotten about. RDJ is popular but you're blowing him out of proportion. Also, weird science? Srsly? Are you going to harp on that Johnny Depp was big because he was in a Freddy movie? RDJ didn't become big until like the mid/late 80s.

>Robert Downey Sr: 6'3
>Robert Downey Jr: 5'7
Just how

Which very few people saw.

Which flopped

He's fucking retired, zoomer. He still has major Hollywood connections which is why RDJ is even known to this day. Depp played in a band and did a bunch of shit before he became mainstream too. Stop trying to larp like you know what you're talking about. Larping on Yea Forums? Might as well go onto /gif/ and larp as a discord tranny, faggot. GTFO

He wasnt a nobody, or c-list, he was an excellent actor and everyone knew it, he just wasnt trusted because of his previous drug related behaviour. He was one of the reasons I watched Iron man in the first place.

Wanna talk about larping? Could you even name one thing RDS did that is remembered to this day without googling?

Not him, but RDS was pretty big if you were a film hipster during the 60-70s. The normal person would not have known who he was, and I HIGHLY doubt knows who tf he is beyond RDJ's dad. He wasn't prominent or famous unless you were into really niche obscure films during that time period

>earned

how much did captain vagina get for her debut movie?

>Only RDJ signed a contract for the % because he's so unbelievably expensive that they couldn't afford his salary outright.
>How fucking young are you? RDJ has been hot shit since like the 80s. Just because he chooses to take some time off and not go the Tom Cruise route by crapping out 3 movies a year doesn't mean he's not desired
that´s not what happened idiots. rdj was known as a washed up drunk who nobody wanted to work with pre iron man and marvel didn´t have much money nor much trust in iron man becoming a huge hit so they gave rdj a cut of the marvel franchises earning as a return for lower pay.

5mil for her first film

Tfw you're arguing with a 70 year old hipster.

>Arnold Schwarzenegger received a $29,250,000 salary forTerminator 3plus a 20% royalty on the worldwide box office gross over $380 million. The film ultimately had a global gross of $433 million.

Dr Strange made 6.4 mil in 2016

Brie made 5 mil in 2019

Kek nice wage gap Captain MarvLeL

I didn't even know who tf Larson was before Captain Marvel. Cumberpatch was a recognizable, and pretty good, actor. Larson was just a box to tick off for their diversity quotas.

They actually delayed making Dr Strange for over a year because they wanted Cumberpatch so badly for it. Larson could have been replaced very easily, and if she doesn't shut her fucking mouth she will.

Boogie nights

This is why the effects are shit. They just pay for the A-listers

Yeah we just love dat sexy pig faced Valkyrie and hulk for duh lolz he bringz

Less Than Zero and Wonder Boys, he actually fucks the second best Spider-Man in WB.

She was in Scott Pilgrim vs The World and that's it
Problem is that was 8 years ago and since then she's touched the wall

>She was in Scott Pilgrim vs The World and that's it
>Problem is that was 8 years ago and since then she's touched the wall

Ever since Reddit came here to talk about Marvel movies, the people on this board who actually watch films are MIA. Listen here idiot, she isn't known for Scott Pilgrim, she's known for winning a fucking Oscar for Room.

Because no one gives a fuck about you being short if you're charismatic

And it would have been less if RDJ didnt step up and insist they get a raise a few years back.

Disney made smarter deals with them than they did with RDJ. Every actor is locked in a multi movie deal with a fixed salary

His price never skyrocket, disney was dumb.

Back in iron man 1 rdj only got paid 500k for the role.when that movie became a sleeper hit, disney tried to renew rdj's contract and lock him in a 3 movies deal and he said "ok but i want a piece of that box office". His salary is not that different from the other guys, it's the box office bonus that makes the difference.

he was literally paid 200 million dollars to do the last two movies...

Putney Swope is the only movie I know with him

Sagawa looks like THAT?

larson won an oscar, which doesn’t actually mean anything in terms of talent, but it does mean she’s a respected and recognizable actor

>Tropic Thunder
He was really good in that movie. He deserved an Oscar for that performance.

Attached: Dude.jpg (606x606, 64K)

Proof the Oscars are still totally racist.