Today makes 10 years since the best medical tv series that ever appeared on tv is over...

today makes 10 years since the best medical tv series that ever appeared on tv is over. say nice things to What nice thoughts you have to share with Dr. Wilson?

Attached: dr.house_wilson.jpg (580x487, 41K)

ER > House

never

holy shit? ten years? time sure passes by.

Hello R*ddit

the final episode is the best episode I've ever watched.

s1, s2, s3 are decent formulaic shows, the rest is very weak, especially s6,7,8

you just know they went for the syndication

house ended may 2012. it's only been 7 years.

Yeah really good show, I've watched it a few times. Only thing that may rival it is the good doctor, although I know that's pretty r*ddit taste I like it

i would agree with you if it wasn't for hugh laurie. that guy nailed the character. him alone made what could be a terrible mediocre end of series worth watching.

we all know, autist.

>loved it as a teenager
>rewatch it recently and realize it's mostly nihilistic "I'm too smart and edgy to care about anything" trash
Really wish I hadn't have rewatched it.

10 fucken years

Attached: 1553462675417.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

I heard he was supposed to be sherlock holmes and wilson watson.

Why didn't he take oxy instead of weak ass vicodin?
He's forcing his liver to work harder than necessary

which one is the most redpill, ie nihilistic ?

Attached: 1542288935544.jpg (640x213, 30K)

because he was a respected doctor from a respected university hospital.

that makes sense, actually.

>1983 was 10 years ago

Man do I feel old.

Attached: 300px-MASH.jpg (300x425, 70K)

i thoughtt he same thing

It really isn't and you are a retard for even comparing it with that trash House is a more deeper and interesting character than that. Academic philosophers even wrote a book about it.

Next time you're going to try to sound smart, it'd help if you actually learned English grammar to prevent yourself from sounding like a third world middle school student.

never watched it, i guess i'm too young. but i'll try. is it on netflix?

probably no? i don't know.

not him, but what's wrong with his grammar?

Oxy isn't shooting heroin or anything. It's just a stronger medicine without the Tylenol

Wilson’s dead by now...

Of course, Watson ended up being his team, and Wilson was just the foil for House's personality flaws.

>more deeper and interesting
The guy who wrote that post is a retard.

ER still holds up

house too...

honestly curious, I didn't watch the last season. I know wilson dies of cancer (lmao) but does house die too?

exactly. but it was a nice idea.

Hi, I'm Internet; welcome to the online experience of the World Wide Web.

I always feel melancholy watching this show. Hugh Laurie’s performances are 3-4 tiers above what the writers were able to cater to
This show with some brave, intelligent writing and directing would have been stratospheric

A 10/10 actor served with 6/10 writers, shame really

yeah. the series will probably be remembered because of him. I'll be honest: there's no other reason to watch this seris other than the performance of hugh laurie. without him it's just a mediocre tv series.

what are other movies or tv shows worth watching for hugh laurie?

the night manager is really good

The Night Manager, he's the best part of it. As far as le Carre adaptations it's not very good, but worth watching for Hugh Laurie.
also, Jeeves and Wooster, Blackadder, and A Bit Of Fry And Laurie

Later seasons of Veep

stuart little 2

If you're saying that the night manager is not a good le carre adaptation I would be eager for recommendations of other adaptations because I loved that series.Is there better ones? could you recommend me one?

>Jeeves and Wooster
This is the best suggestion of the lot. Also Blandings is fantastic; doesn't have Hugh Laurie, but Timothy Spall is great.

jeeves and wooster is the aristocrat and his servant? I only read the books a long time ago.

jeeves is the servant, wooster is the aristocrat.

And almost every episode is about Bertie Wooster trying to avoid getting married.

Pretty much this. The only time the writing and directing matched his performance were the House's Head/Wilson's Heart episodes.

Night Manager suffers as an adaptation because it's played as a slightly more serious James Bond, not anti-James Bond. The ending is wildly different than the book to make it happy, which is basically the opposite of what le Carre tries to write about spycraft.
The adaptations for A Most Wanted Man, Our Kind of Traitor, The Spy Who Came In From the Cold, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Little Drummer Girl are more faithful and are at best are bittersweet, and often completely tragic. I'm fine with a spy thriller that ends happily but making one out of a le Carre novel that ends badly rubbed me the wrong way. Won't complain about lewd Debicki, though.

Attached: the-night-manager-104-jed-debicki-1200x707[1].jpg (1200x707, 51K)

Whats with the shitty british accent? Dumn mutt.

good to know. I watched all these movies you mentioned and loved them. I even watched the old series of tinker tailor soldier spy. Le carre is a favourite of mine. Do you know if there are any good adaptations of Graham Greene's spy novels?

almost all movies or series based on graham greene are terrible. graham greene was a real writer, john le carre was not.

The guy who made House also made this relatively new show about the Autist genius Doctor. Pretty similar format

>tfw no crossover episode where undercover House has to help out

Attached: C2CF972F-196C-44F6-BE23-0D39C9DEE427.jpg (1013x1500, 375K)

I would rather kill myself

I've never seen any of his adaptations.

No, he has to stay alive long enough to fulfill his promise to 13.

graham greene's books have good adaptaions both on cinema (The heart of the matter, Our man in Havana, The end of the Affair) and tv series (Brighton Rock, The Ministry of Fear).

I don't know about adaptations for the screen, but everyone a little cultured knows that john le carré is the lowbrow's version of graham greene.

I thought the episodes with him in the asylum were top tier quality as well desu

In a vacuum, yeah, but they were predicated upon the events in the plot that led to the show becoming a mess so I had a hard time enjoying them. The flying episode was great, though.

I don't think that. the show focusing on his addiction was a way to escape from the formulaic and it was expected. What exactly do you think made the show a mess?

Everything that happened after Cuddy left the show was a mess.

she's a milf and very cute. and the show was going for a relationship between house and her, but I think she left at the right time. House doesn't make much sense in a relationship and the asylum thing was probably the best seaon of the show.

Amazon prime

Her write-off and everything that ensued was retarded. Everything that has built up between them suddenly gets thrown out and House drives a fucking car through her house. No amount of "drug addiction kino" will make that any less retarded.

anyone watch chance?

it was okay

anyone wathced six feet under? it was cool.

it's not drug addiction. it's frustration of a severely misanthrope genius who thought he had found love and was frustrated.

What it led to was the drug addiction stuff you were talking about. It in and of itself was an awful plot contrivance used to write out a cast member.

It isn't tho. There are episodes where you see that House is aware that he is a miserable fuck

should he have fucked her?

Attached: 1524994316752.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

>tho
And just like that, nothing you say matters.

didn't he? what a faggot

Wilson used to be a dreamy looking motherfucker. Now Hugh Laurie looks better than him, in his old age, while he used to look really weird when young.

Funny how things work out.

Attached: dead-poets-society.jpg (680x478, 105K)

i did not know it was a crime against humanity abbreviating certain words. i guess i will never abbreviate a word in my life again so I can not make you angry with me.

English isn't even my first language, eat a dick

I'm not gay or ever thought wilson or hugh laurie were good-looking so I'll defer comment. if you're a girl I won't look at you with despise.

Academic philosophers could write a book about anything, doesn’t really say much

Hello R*ddit. We capitalize our words here.

You have to go back.

fuck fox for not doing another season and forcing an abrupt ending

CHASE KISSED AN UNDERAGE GIRL.

you should go back, faggit. go back to whatever shithole you came from. I'm guessing burgerland. ;)

it was gross

What?

HE DID NOT!?

He meant that from all episodes of every tv series ever made, that particular episode, "the final episode", was the one he most enjoyed.

anyone watched? it was.

anyone? it.

? .

it was bed. that clow was so badly made. he should have yellow nose

stop spamming dead threads. thank you.

>stop
Make me, faggot.

'ill make you my bitch, by the power of my glove, that makes my hand glow, so it can lift, you...

>hurp hurrrr durp hurr hurp hrgghh
Based retard.

The writers were actually really good, the dialogues were amazing.

What hold back the overall quality of the show was it's own lazy and repetitive formula. Each episode was the same format, and while some of them still were amazing, it made everything very predictable.

I loved every season, even when they were casting new mutts every single week they still managed to keep it interesting and most of that was the writing and Laurie. Didn't care for Cuddy and am glad she was out before the final season.

House driving that car into Cuddy's House transformed a tormented crippled genius into a bonafide psychopath.

They jumped the shark with that shit for the sake of trying to be espectacular.

bonpm

Really not based, get out

Attached: 1556345088604.png (900x900, 439K)

I miss her bros

Attached: leighton-meester-photoshoot-2014-_7.jpg (1280x1920, 189K)

true

Was this its spiritual successor?
>genius main doc
>black and blond underlings
>female hospital director
Shame it only had 2 seasons, it was great.

Attached: images (32).jpg (380x285, 22K)

just shows how useless is academic philosophy

why do cute girls always have small boobs? is it because there is no god?

Flat chest is perfect chest.
Fite me.

she would have been good as a nympho doctor

>ER > House

Attached: NoBrain.png (1063x1063, 245K)

that episode where he loses a game of chess against a kid

>posts on Yea Forums
>complains about nihilism and edginess