You faggots memed me into avoiding this, and it was actually fucking good. A solid adventure movie, made me laugh...

You faggots memed me into avoiding this, and it was actually fucking good. A solid adventure movie, made me laugh, and highly enjoyable.

Attached: Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_poster.jpg (220x326, 138K)

work on your bait

fuck you, it was highly enjoyable. Except for the anti slavery droid, the movie had no political pandering at all. A highly enjoyable popcorn flick

meh, still needs work

oh man, you make daddy proud OP

Attached: 1556271545550.png (380x467, 18K)

it does, but we'll never get a sequel so we'll never know. I didn't expect some epic jedi bullshit story (which is now cucked) but a rogue adventure in space with the backdrop of star wars lore (the empire, syndicates) with a male lead who isn't a pussy. Movie was great.

getting close, you even got this retard to bite

I just want to see an R-rated Maul movie with a recanonized Price Xizor and Emilia Clarke's ass again.

I liked the anti slavery droid, but I rolled my eyes at this reveal.

Attached: enfys-nest-tall.jpg (696x392, 45K)

This movie was fanboy garbage but it was directed by an actually talented director so it managed to appear decent

yeah this reveal was pretty shit, but everyone kept saying how shit han was and stuff while the character was pretty cool and had chemistry with the other cast members. First the train heist, the card game, the kessel run, all were highly entertaining and had a vibe of 80's 90's adventure films

star wars is dead
this thread is a mouse shill

I really want to see the Phil Lord and Christopher Miller footage now.

>everything is mouse shilling

you paranoid autist. I'm not a fucking crazy fan that's so butthurt that his '''childhood'' was stolen by jews and feminists, I'm a casual star wars fan who didnt watch TLJ and wanted to see a star wars movie bc i enjoyed pieces of rogue one, and was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Hey that's one of Saw Gererra's men in the background. Was that on purpose? Is he going to get his own character arc? Or was it just lazy costuming?

Attached: Tubes.png (585x1041, 1.23M)

> get offended by the comedy directors making a comedy
> fire them
> now you're fucked so the studio hires a reliable director
> reliable director will only do it if you double the budget
> release the film mere months after the worst Star Wars movie in history

The tagline should have been "It could be worse!"

Attached: 1527724480798.png (832x569, 882K)

I hate this autistic '''necessary''' bullshit these nerds and geeks pull out of their ass

I want to watch a movie because it is entertaining. If a Han Solo movie is an entertaining space adventure then I prefer it 10x to a piece of fucking shit sequel trilogy that's '''necessary''' that no one gives a shit about

go watch anime if your standards are so low

it was decent till about halfway thru when they kill off the original heist crew and replace them with diversity hires

>expecting cinematic excellence from a fucking STAR WARS MOVIE

neck yourself pleb. These movies have always been comfy popcorn adventure flicks, hence the success of the OT. Just kys

Same thoughts here. A surprisingly well-rounded movie that subverts some tropes without trying too hard. The problem is so many people decided that they hated the movie before they even watched it. I know I was dubious at first, but the pacing at the start catches your attention (hard to find that in movies these days) and the characters have nuances that keep your interest.

Also, I think the black-rights bot was actually a bit of a strawman against what she represented. She showed that staying behind and causing a ruckus ultimately changed nothing and only led to her demise.

Select japanimation movies far surpass anything in the Star Wars franchise in terms of kino.

Not OP, but I unironically enjoyed Solo. It felt more like a Star Wars movie than TFA and TLJ combined.

>han solo's story in 4-6 weas a criminal who learned to be the good guy
>Solo:aSWS shows us he was really a good guy all along thus destroying the whole point of his arc in the OT

so...if he was a good guy all along. Why did he care about making money to give luke a ride on his ship? if he was good he would have done it for free.

"It isn't necessary" translates to "I didn't want it". Ask them what they think about an Obi-Wan standalone and their tone changes.

>Why did he care about making money to give luke a ride on his ship?
He owed Jabba a lot of money.

So? He still over charged them..

good job user. you found the contradiction disney created with their mediocre flop

He was always the good guy from the minute he went along with the stupid rescue the princess plan and didn't explain himself to the nearest imperial officer and leave Luke and Ben stranded on the Death Star.

Fuck off commie scum with that logic.

The movie should just have been han doing cool shit and being funny but they don't have the writers to pull that off. Han getting oneitis and failing at things isn't as fun. I'll say it was at least better than the other star wars garbage lately, but I feel like that's the only reason people are giving it any credit.

Let's see your degree in imperial economics then we can talk about how much he should have charged.

You don't know how stupid you are.

> get offended by the comedy directors making a comedy
> fire them
Talk about bad timing and franchise fatigue all you want, but the studio histrionics was the main thing that turned me off from Solo. It sounded an awful lot like Disney had to step in and smother the project when threatened to have some sort of a soul. What we got was okay in my book once I finally saw it, but I can't help but wonder what Lord and Miller would have given us.

>He was always the good guy from the minute he went along with the stupid rescue the princess plan
luke had to convince him by reminding him that she was rich and he'd be rewarded
>didn't explain himself to the nearest imperial officer
explain what? that he was a wanted criminal smuggling another wanted criminal (obiwan) to a planet they just destroyed for treason?

Attached: 1531489522525.jpg (1570x1536, 396K)

are you kidding? his whole kessel run bit, as well as only losing to lando bc he cheated, as well as him predicting Woody Harrelson's betrayal were him being competent af

"Hey Imperial Officer, I'm just a private merchant captain, but I have someone aboard that Lord Vader might be interested in. I'll give him to you if you just let me off this station. Everything cool?"
He might even be able to get more money from the Empire for turning in a Jedi Master than Leia has stuffed in her mattress on Yavin IV since her bank got blown up with the rest of Alderaan.

Attached: Who-Does-Benicio-Del-Toro-Play-Star-Wars.jpg (550x550, 30K)

Han's arc:

>he's a good guy who grew up in a rough part in town, was in love, vowed to become competent and earn the ability to be with his love after she was left behind

>tests his mettle for 3 years but it's not enough. Meets his best friend (chewie), and meets with the girl he loved and sees her involved in dangerous business, decides to do everything for them to be together and save her

>he does all he can for her, but gets burned (double crossed)

>left without a solid purpose but a whole galaxy as well as skills and a new ship as well as a friend and a sour taste in his mouth, he heads over to tatooine to smuggle things for a big gangster (jabba)

SOLO SEQUEL
>arrives on tatooine tries to pull the job, fails, probably was going to reunite with Kyra and face maul in some way, where she'd either get killed/betray him again. His good guy innocence is gone and with only chewbacca that he trusts, and the millenium falcon, he embraces being a smuggler, but is still a good guy (which the world taught him to hide and conceal)

A NEW HOPE-rest of the trilogy:
>he meets Luke and makes other friends who care for him, reembraces his goodness and finds his place among the rebels

There. Had to spell it out for you. This shit is not hard for anyone who isn't autistic or some booty blasted OT boomer

>we hate forced feminism
>boycott white male a star wars story
star wars "fans" are literally retarded

>both points are argued by the same people

Attached: 1553315691185.gif (615x548, 18K)

>all criminals are bad people even if theres a sith lord ruling the galaxy

>against slavery
>political pandering
were you born and raised in alabama?

I want to fuck L3-37

it goes to show that some people are born with the black oil instead of blood and you can never know but they'll just sit there and enjoy a movie like this while everyone else is withering and aching

Are you insinuating that NuWars fans are heroin addicts, or are you referencing something that nobody remembers like an autist?

loved solo, hated the rise of skywalker teaser

>the anti slavery droid
I don't see why people get mad about that. She/it got rekt and basically nobody cared 5 minutes later.

>requires a paragraph of explanation as to why disney's revision of han isnt one big mediocre contradiction
wew
>nu-wars defender uses reddit spacing
pottery

Attached: (You).png (341x426, 275K)

>if someone exists whos worse than you it makes you an automatically good person

That's definitely the same alien. He realized that his boss was actually just a teenage girl in a costume and decided to go be a terrorist.

>ATTENTION ALL BUTT BETRAYERS
WE /BUTTBUDDIES/ HAVE GROWN TIRED OF YOUR DEGENERACY AND REJECTION OF THE PROPHET ERIC BUTTS (PBUH)
>OUR PATIENCE GROWS WEARY
DO NOT TEST IT

Attached: 1555327891592.png (229x331, 115K)

They're not going to actually make a sequel to this movie, are they? They're not going to shoehorn the plot points into a Maul standalone that nobody wants, are they? They're not going to shoehorn the plot points of those two into the Kenobi movie, are they?

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png (550x550, 158K)

if theyre the lawmakers (and not just "worse", pure evil) and the only criticism is breaking the law then yes

It was somehow even worse than The Last Jedi

>Kenobi movie
>Ewan mcgregor cannot act and the obi/maul rematch already happened in Rebels
Lol,

They expect us to watch a cartoon to know how Maul's arc ends? Surely they know better than to do that.

>implying he only broke unjust laws
han was a smuggler for the hutts, literally the SW equivalent to the cartel

Its not that bad aside from Lando's fuckbot. I can't fathom why they thought that was a good idea or why they decided to push it in the marketing. That damned thing sucks the life out of every scene its in if they'd replaced all its lines with R2D2 beeps it would have been a considerably better film.

The train robbery was fun though.

Attached: Lando.jpg (550x742, 41K)

Even within that structure he's just a smuggler. The really evil things are done by enforcers such as Greedo. There is no reason to assume that Han ever killed anyone except in self-defense.

Yeah. I didn't mind the twist that they were the good guys but being lead by a teenage girl is just stupid.

New official power rankings:
>ESB
>RotJ
>ANH
>SOLO
>RO
>TFA
>Prequels
>TLJ

Actually it's Star Wars > Empire Strikes Back > Rogue One > Return of the Jedi > Solo > The Last Jedi > Attack of the Clones > Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > The Force Awakens

Oh fuck I just remembered the massive pacing issues in Empire. I might have to put Rogue One above even that.

> The really evil things are done by enforcers
and what if he smuggled weapons to hutt mercenaries that end up killing innocent debters, or drugs into a ghetto that worsen crime once again literal space cartel. han is completely blameless good boi?
>There is no reason to assume that Han ever killed anyone except in self-defense.
pic related. greedo wasnt going to kill han, he clearly stated was going to take him to jabba but han shot him anyway. then in the next scene, jabbas waiting for him at the falcon accepts hans explanation and lets him go.

forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (673x454, 321K)

Degrees of separation, friendo. If you're worried about so indirectly enabling evil things, you canno do business with anyone who has ever been to a retail store.

Also if a weapon is pointed at you it becomes a self-defense situation. No responsible gun owner would ever point his barrel at anything he did not wish to destroy.

I liked this reveal but I didn't like the anti slavery droid. I mean, I liked the idea, I simply didn't like her execution. She had a valid point. Her kind is enslaved. Why did they play it off as a joke?

SJWs have become a self-parody since a long while ago. We have no way of knowing that they really meant it as a joke and weren't being serious.

yes and han wasnt worried about enabling evil things because he was . a. fucking. criminal.
responsibility is irrelevant. he was in the business for years he knows how it worked. greedo was trying to intimidate him into cooperation and han knew damn well he'd get a chance to talk to jabba. he killed greedo in an attempt to avoid talking to him. ill also point out that youre still trying to argue hans not the bad guy while discussing situations that no halfway decent person would find themselves in. your shithole of a movie isnt worth all these mental gymnastics, friendo

>then in the next scene, jabbas waiting for him at the falcon accepts hans explanation and lets him go.

Which is why that scene never should have been restored. Han shooting first makes perfect sense if there's a good chance he might get killed if Greedo takes him to Jabba. Having Han be able to charm his way out of it undermines the danger, it undermines Jabba as a threat and it either makes Han look overly aggressive for shooting first and not just agreeing to talk to Jabba or it forces a silly edit that makes Han look overly passive to the point that he waits until someone tries to blow his head off to return fire.

So you're a city folk and you can't imagine any kind of scenario that takes place outside of your gated community. That's fine, but could you make use of the name field so that nobody makes the mistake of trying to engage you?

>robot
>enslaved
m8

at least you tried, mouseshill, but starwars is dead
>wanting someone to namefag
i see youre new. dont worry you'll learn to make good points

Attached: nu-wars fan.png (189x222, 103K)

lol I bet you don't even carry and are afraid to walk to the grocery store at night for fear that a mouse will rape you

>RotJ over ANH
what's with TLJ that many spots above TFA? I'm not one of the people making and posting in "OMG TLJ IS LITERALLY THE WORST MOVIE IN CINEMATIC HISTORY" (though it's definitely very bad) but what makes you place it a significant amount higher than TFA? I'd call them roughly equal in badness -- that said if I were to pick a worse one it'd be TLJ by a bit. Also,
>RO that high
What the fuck is wrong with you? That movie is so painfully lousy.

And I'd have been fine if they simply never brought it up because, sure, they're machines, but then they do decide to have a robot who rejects servitude, yet dismiss that in the very same movie by turning the robot into a one note nagging wife joke and never addressing her point.

>to have a robot who rejects servitude
It just her program. Lando changed it, because he likes such type more.

It's not good, mainly because the actor is completely unbelievable as Han Solo, and it butchers his character by having him give up millions of credits to the rebellion mutt. Han was a self-interested rogue up until the ending of A New Hope, this Disney version of the character doesn't gel with how he was written in the OT.

what i meant by slavery was the personhood debate for equal rights of the droid and droids was clearly political pandering in terms of 'oppressed groups' in the modern world

based

I can't imagine having such low standards. Solo was embarrassingly bad.

This user hit the major points, but also noteworthy:
>Han not only giving away valuables to mutt for no reason, but mutt's very existence in the movie bothered the shit out of me. Also seems like minorities have replaced aliens?
>Donald Glover also being shitty
>that fucking robot
>that stupid train robbery sequence where the black woman we just met kills herself for no reason and the monkey thing dies in an anticlimactic fashion after being shot in the shoulder.
>The over-reliance on "remember this?" to the point of showing when he gives Chewie a nickname
>The whole movie looking like shit

Solo deserved to bomb, it's no better than the rest of Nu Wars

Attached: 1527809275432.jpg (323x323, 30K)

which is why i think they wanted to resolve that arc in the solo sequel they set up, having him go to tatooine, getting the falcon, and getting betrayed by his girlfriend, in the sequal he was probably supposed to become the jaded han we see in ANH after fighting kyra, getting betrayed by her again, or her getting killed by maul or some shit. But due to its BOX performance, w'll probaby never get it.

>I am a bigot
Opinion discarded

The Force Awakens was a typical Jar Jar Abrams "soft reboot" that destroys everything you loved about the original series only to tell the same story again with new characters. It was horrible and the script deserved to be flipped.
>>RO that high
>What the fuck is wrong with you? That movie is so painfully lousy.
It's a war movie in the Star Wars universe. What's not to like? Like The Heroes of Telemark but with AT-STs and stuff.

Attached: 1-56.png (1920x1090, 575K)

>rolled my eyes

What a fag.

they are oppressed in star wars. obi wan thought they were subhuman, they werent allowed in the cantina, etc

>drugs into a ghetto that worsen crime
That's not evil, unless the country/planet spends all their money on welfare. Killing poor people is good.

>L3-37
Was that really a droid's name? Cringe

I agree I thought it was pretty good, much better than the garbage that was 7 and 8. Not sure why people don't like it