Celine and Julie Go Boating

Is this worth watching? Also discuss French New Wave and directors of this movement. I have only seen few films by Godard, what else should i watch? I heard Rivette was the most interesting director of FNW that's why i'm asking about CAJGB.

Attached: a468b8b851c25e3c17a5417433872629.jpg (1134x1500, 258K)

This movie is a masterpiece IMO, even though I disliked it on a first viewing. Rivette is definitely the best of the Nouvelle Vauge directors.

Yes. And you heard right, Rivette is not only the most interesting director of the New Wave, but one of the most interesting directors period.

This is a fucking great movie. But if you're not used to auteur movies you won't like it and complain needlessly about it. So, don't watch it

Thanks, what other films by Rivette would you recommend?
I would say that i'm used to auteur movies, i just haven't watched that much of FNW films.

>discuss French New Wave and directors of this movement

Attached: no replies.jpg (1400x788, 107K)

I think "The Beautiful Troublemaker" is his masterpiece. It's quite different from "Celine and Julie", much more realistic and "serious", so to speak. Pretty much all his works are interesting, and they're quite different among each other.

>what other films by Rivette would you recommend?
NE TOUCHEZ PAS LA HACHE (2017)
LA BELLE NOISEUSE (1991)
SECRET DÉFENSE

Attached: 1532370671846.jpg (606x804, 546K)

>Named Celine and Julie go Boating
>Julie not played by Julie
dropped

Well i actually got some replies which is quite surprising considering this capeshit infested shithole.
Thanks, i will check them out.

After you have checked some of his works, go ahead and watch "Out 1".

Is this still on Netflix?

Attached: out 1.jpg (1170x1500, 130K)

Thanks for the recommendations.

You're welcome, man. If you're interested in more NW auteurs, take a look also at Jean Eustache and Philippe Garrel.

What would be a good starting point to their filmographies?

Eustache has a very VERY short filmography, so just watch them in chronological order. Garrel's "Le Revelateur" isn't only the perfect entry point to his work, but also an absolutely mesmerizing masterpiece.

Thanks, i will check them out after watching some of Rivette's works.

Sorry but Yea Forums is a Czech New Wave board not for Frenchies !

It's Czechoslovak New Wave you pleb.

reddit

Bump

french new wave is for women
czech new wave is for gypsies

Claude Chabrol is also great. Recommend LES COUSINS, LE BOUCHER and LES BONNES FEMMES, for starters.

Attached: Brialy.jpg (1300x1034, 170K)

What film wave is for men?