326 millions after 3 weeks and is about to be demolished by Endgame

>326 millions after 3 weeks and is about to be demolished by Endgame
How did DCEU fuck up so bad?

Attached: 1552754100485.gif (540x704, 2.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/04/07/shazam-opens-to-thunderous-159-million-with-open-road-ahead/#49ffa92827f6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They can't balance comedy and drama. It's either way too grim or way to silly. When they try to copy Marvels formula you get Justice League. Marvell just has better talent

>talent

DC fucked up at the start and lost a big chunk of their audience.

Shazam was way more fun than Endgame.

>Kid Billy is really serious and unemotional
>Billy in adult body is super childish and silly

What do you mean? Adult Billy is easily what Kid Billy would be if he got transformed into a chad superhero

Attached: will-smith-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-759.jpg (759x422, 37K)

It was a good movie. I think the reason why it didn't make more was a combination of
>the release date (very crowded) - should have been released at Chrismas since it was a Christmas family-superhero-movie
>the marketing budget was too small (only about 40 million)
source: forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/04/07/shazam-opens-to-thunderous-159-million-with-open-road-ahead/#49ffa92827f6
>DC has a bad reputation after all it's failures
>not enough spectacle (which is why it did so poorly in China)
>Shazam is unknown to mainstream audiences and the DC brand doesn't carry it unlike Marvel
It's still going to make money though since the production budget was 80-100 million and the marketing was only about 40 million. But still the box office is underwhelming especially since the movie was actually good. By far the best DCEU movie.

He goes though a transformation and becomes his 'ideal self'. I bought it.

DC's problem is that it went head to head against Marvel when Marvel was at peek onions and therefore an example to all the soys around twitter and social media

DCs movies have been really shit but even if they were good people would just pretend like they were not.

They missed out on the onions train

>years of abandonment issues forced him to adapt that persona
>when he gets a literal mask, hiding himself as well as his shortcomings, he can act his age
Honestly, kinda kino.

Shazam was good though. The only good one in my opinion. I think the DC brand is permanently damaged at this point though.

DC made a horrible first impression and that was their downfall

BvS was a gargantuan box office flop

Yeah, that bothered me a little, there was a disconnection at how Zachary Levi and Asher Angel played the character.

See . I'm not saying you can't have that opinion, but I disagree.

They just need to build around Batman's universe. People will always pay to watch Batman or anything related to it

Endgame has 10 years of marketing behind of it, only James Cameron can compete with that

It didn’t cost very much to make so even with a pretty modest box office return it still made a profit

ignore the marvelfag
last week he was making the same thread about how it only made 260 million and wouldn't make any more money

It didn't do well in china because they can't understand not selling orphans to organ harvesters
Oh well: still getting Black adam and a sequel (which hopefully will have Tawky)

Should have just done a Batman universe series like James Bond and gotten a different director for every movie . Plus some spin offs. They could be done for a fairly modest budget

Shazam > endgame

Fight me

Fuck Batman

Its already got a sequel and they made a small profit on it. Not everything can be star wars or the avengers. Shazam is a literal who superhero so its hard to draw new people in sometimes. Also thought the trailers didn't really do enough. Just kind of showed the movie off as a comedy when it wasn't that exclusively

So it netted the studio a profit of over 100 million? Off a property so unpopular it doesn't even have its own on-going comic book? And that's bad? lol You Marvshills are the worst.

>Oh well: still getting Black adam and a sequel (which hopefully will have Tawky)
It doesn't mean much, DC has a habit of announcing tons of movies and then keeping most of them in development hell for years, here is the list of their upcoming movies made in 2016

Attached: mb49klrjajq21.png (875x510, 177K)

*ahem*
1 billion coming

Attached: Chadzam.jpg (1121x776, 189K)

>326 millions after 3 weeks
OH NO NO NO NO

>implying any studio would turn down making a movie with the Rock

True enough BUT...it would have made money. Could have done a nightwing and Harley spin off movie all set in Batmaniverse

>100m
If the marketing budget and production budget are accurate, it cost 140m to make. It takes 50% of the domestic and 40% of the foreign (25% of China). So actually it's probably made around 30-40m so far.

They signed Rock as Black Adam back in fucking 2014

No need to fight, patrician opinion

not really. kid billy was a little criminal, world-weary punk; adult billy was a affable goofball

It is disheartening considering how nice the movie was.

DKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1556201660016.jpg (1080x1527, 726K)

Those anons who are saying young Billy and adult Billy don't seem like the same character are right, even most of other orphans who turn into superheroes at the end do a better job of it

good to see confirmation that captain cunt depended entirely on avengers

>"it will make 1 billion"
>"it will make 800 million"
>"it will make 600 million"
>"it make 400 million"

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-featurette.jpg (1028x564, 56K)

>>Kid Billy is really serious and unemotional
>>Billy in adult body is super childish and silly
They're not technically the same mind.

It's a little confusing, but Billy doesn't exactly transform into Shazam. Billy goes away and Shazam shows up.

At least that's what I've gotten from the comics.

So I've been browsing those box office forums and subs and I came to the conclusion that WB gets about 50% from the domestic market and about 20-25% from overseas. That means that Shazam made about 50 million profit at home and about 50 million overseas which means that it only brought in some 10 million profit for WB

But you know that WB never expected big numbers from Shazam? And btw it already made money back so it's not a flop

wrong, they only get 25% from China, from the rest of the world they get about 40%
but this is all rule of thumb, it depends on each country and individual deals

nice damage control DCuck

they didn't expect a billion because even they know DC will never get there but they definitely were expecting at least $400 million

But the comics aren't the movie. In the movie it's literally Billy being transformed into Shazam.

Nice damage control, Marvincel.

I know right, they're in full on panic mode after how badly Endgame and Captain Marvel are doing.

Except income is not really a problem for DC right now. What DC really needed are positive reviews from critic and audiences to help reducing the image of "DC universe is bad" and they achieved that with Aquaman and Shazam.

From now they can slowly release good movie one by one and regain their fame.

DCEU is a kikefest.

its pretty hilarious how DC can never catch a break

all their movies bomb because Marvel has a monopoly on all the big names, and tapped into the market first. based Aquachad is the only reason they are even attempting to make a franchise of it

They're definitely upset over Shazam doing well at the BO. Why you faggots so mad over this? You still have your godawful Marvlel movies to manbaby over.

See you at the premier !

>Best superhero movie of the year doesn't make a shitton of money
In real life, the underdog always loses.

Attached: 19547385.gif (400x259, 479K)

I am going to go enjoy Shazam for the first time today in an empty theater.