What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: game-of-thrones.jpg (1152x1440, 242K)

>current year

holy shit Bran was watching him the whole time

Fanservice and strong womyn

GRRM not finishing the books, forcing the show to become fan fiction.

Pretty much.

They starting significantly deviating from the books in season 2. That's when the cringy fan service really ramped up.

GoT was doomed from the start because its creators are hacks.

I hope it ends like Lost did

women took over, turned to shit

Why did they let the night king snap the infinity gauntlet? It doesnt make sense. Then they went fucking back in time just to kill the night king as a baby. I thought time was a flat circle? Is this the wheel thats to be broken like dany said? I think the worst part was when captain marvel crashed the plane with no survivors. Kinda sick that bane mowed sneeds lawn.

>Used to be a niche show for nerds ; went mainstream and normie zombie horde invaded

>Writers now try to pander normie fags instead of book readers

>Also feminism and girl power. Usual unoriginal hollywood stuff.

Result : "You're the smartest person I've ever met , Sansa" says the kid who lived with Jaqen H'ghar

>what went wrong
Everything. Fantasy shit. Running out of books. No decent male characters. Plot is now boring and predictable.

>You're the smartest person I've ever met , Sansa
When did this happen? I dropped the show at the end of season 4.

Season 8 episode 01

Good, you haven't wasted the amount of time some of us did on this slop

Attached: BenioffWeissTotalBros.jpg (498x307, 25K)

dumb showfags

Success. Suddenly violent deaths became celebrated. Shock twists were expected. Culture, history, and clever plots were jettisoned in favor of "badass" smackdowns to make the new inebriated casual fans cheer.

GoT was interesting because there were multiple story lines, with multiple people vying for power. It felt like anything could happen. Then they killed off Joffrey, who was one of the best villains of the series. Once Danny got her dragons and army, she quickly became the biggest Mary Sue on tv, and her entire story became boring. The zombie army that the kingdoms have to team up to fight basically renders the entire "game of thrones" moot. It could have been one of the top shows of all time, but it turned into medieval avengers.

This. D&D might be awful but they also have to make shit up on their own now. I don't think they produced a show before got, and only got the gig because they promised GRRM to be faithful to the source material.

>shekels intensify

all the good actors die

Attached: c8f51f6680c8dbe472b8549ff0e90234--game-of-thrones-images-karl (1).jpg (236x305, 11K)

Arya, Tywin, and Olenna started out as my favorite characters. Ned and Robert were cool too. Ned and Rob died, Arya's plotline peaked for me when she was captured by Tywin talked to him then escaped. I thought she had a ton of potential, but i was semi interested as she went around Westeros. When she went over seas it became boring, I get what they wanted to do with it being a count of monte cristo plot, but it was executed and acted bad.

Daenerys was always boring. She basically is the dude who sits on the side of a level during a 4 way Super Smash brothers game

I get why Jon is important but his plot is such a slow dry burn that I wasnt super interested

I didnt read the books, but from I know a bit how they are different. Event without knowing, Jamie's plot line is lame around when Dorne characters start showing up.

#1 good Characters killed off in bulk
#2 Some Characters became shitty
#3 D&D ran out of GRRM content and it lost quality

Attached: 1503880413744.jpg (1066x696, 611K)

these

>What went wrong?
SJW bullshit
yup

Attached: thrones.jpg (1144x1359, 458K)

>kill off most of the good characters and actors
>overtake the books
>bad writing

Arya's story is much more interesting in the books, Same with Jaime - the show rushes through a LOT of their character development. Jon Snow's story in the books is every bit as boring as the show, and every Danaerys chapter is such a struggle to get through holy fuck

Allowing the bravoosi to rule all the banking system

Should I read the books or watch the show?

This, plus straying from the nonexistent source material.

Remember the red wedding?

Reason why it became popular in first place was because it was all according to the storyline written in the books. The earliest show runners did a great job with that.
It is understandable that you have to cut the seasons short since the storyline is so long and you can't follow it directly, but the moment the show, after season 4 onward, had an increase of people producing it, that unfortunately attracted these weird cosmopolitan type people, you know. The show storyline took a new direction, a direction that is just not GoT anymore, but some typical Hollywood "good v bad" movie, plus, mirroring our real world civil issues onto a Medieval fantasy story. The complexity of the show has been replaced by 2 dimensional thought that appeals only to people with no emotional maturity or intelligence. The characters dialogues are
just not there anymore and the scripts are written mindlessly with no thought to it, which reflects in the show. The producers are trying to make every scene "meme able" by adding these freezing shots and some "funny" quote.
Tiresome, really. Maybe I just grew up, who knows, but this show isn't for me anymore

Attached: photo_blob0.172201817.jpg (398x395, 96K)

Just watch the show at this point. Everyone knows the books won't be finished at least not by GRRM. It's not like the books are great literature anyway.