Horror movie can't be ki

Horror movie can't be ki....

Attached: 1556250602171.gif (500x281, 624K)

...no.

>watched the Shining dozens of times before I turned 8 so basically see it as an edgy kids movie now
Shelly Duval is pretty good at making the audience scared though

d friendly

Attached: image.jpg (695x1000, 148K)

scared to get married maybe

Wait so was the whole thing in his head or not?

My mom loves this movie. She always imitates the wife like she's some dumb bitch. My mom likes twisted shit

Kek

ahem

Attached: 1556222196236.png (788x1443, 1.31M)

I told one of my teachers in high school that she kinda looked like Shelley Duvall and she got really offended lmao

this was a very good movie

What about a list of movies in which a nigger with a muh dick complex is violent to literally everyone for his own personal gain and sense of achievement?

On the contrary, horror is almost always kino. There isn't a single genre that has a higher percentage of kino... which is probably around 88%

your mom is cool

Jack dead and frozen at the end has aged pretty terribly compared to the rest of the film and looks very cartoony and Disney movie ish now

Attached: jake.jpg (1280x720, 293K)

you fuck dat room up charlie

No it's usually shitty. Horror is among the most plebian categories of film requiring little though to consume and little attention to asthetic beauty.

No, it's usually great. Horror is among the most patrician categories of film, requiring much thought to consume and it gives a lot of attention to aesthetic beauty.

You have it so completely backwards. As far as genre goes, horror is top-tier and easily the best in aesthetics.

Also, I love sci-fi too, but the best and most relevant sci-fi is usually horror sci-fi.

Sci-fi is better and the best sci-fi isn't horror sci-fi. Event Horizon is kino though. not that guy btw

>Alien
>Aliens
>Terminator
>The Thing
>Annihilation
>Under the Skin
>Jurassic Park
>Videodrome
>The Fly
>Phase IV
>Predator
>Scanners
>Event Horizon
>Invasion of the Body Snatchers
>They Live
>Forbidden Planet

All have horror aspects (and some also action). Otherwise there's Solyaris, Metropolis, Bladerunner, 2001, The Matrix, and Ex Machina.

I think arguably a higher percentage of the best sci-fi in film is horror-hybrid than not.

Only:
Terminator
The Thing
Jurassic Park
Predator
Scanners
and Event Horizon are good from your list. (Some are """"""""""good"""""""""") There are plenty of good non-horror sci-fi flicks than the ones you mentioned. For one example, what about Minority Report?

And I'll add that one of my reasons for having such a high opinion of horror is that going through all kinds of genres on a regular basis, horror is the most consistently entertaining on its own terms, even the bad / trash stuff. Whereas bad sci-fi is usually just moribund and dull, or laughable. And bad drama is trite and insufferable or just fucking boringly mediocre, bad comedy cringey and lame, bad romance is corny and insultingly stupid, and bad action is laughable but pure cheese.

kino list

>almost every movie on this list is kino
really tells you something

Horror movies aren’t scary
Nothing compares to the real world if you want scary. Mortgages are scary, student loans are scary, working paycheck to paycheck is scary, never having a gf is scary, having life threatening medical conditions is scary.
Some multi millionaire pretending to lose his mind in a haunted hotel is just childish comedy at best, farcical mockery at worst.

>Only Terminator [...etc etc]... are good from your list.

Seriously? You don't like Alien /s? The Fly? Phase IV? Videodrome?

Minority Report is aight.

>Mortgages are scary, student loans are scary, working paycheck to paycheck is scary

That shit is just boring. What a dull world you live in.

>t. Neet living at home

I like them even though I wouldn't add them to the list I gave. I think I could make a bigger list of good non-horror sci-fi, but i'm too tired. Peace, user.

>videodrome not good.

Peace out.

I just don't like to think about boring shit. It's boring.

That’s not fear, that’s dread. And there is a discernible difference.

Literally all of those movies subvert masculine tropes and represent pure competition and chauvinism as venal, hollow pursuits.

The only one that doesn't is Nightcrawler but that's about the moral bankruptcy of market driven news so it makes sense that Gyllenhaal would be an unmitigated success at the end of it. Coincidentally it's the best movie on that list.

Activated my almonds there user

Attached: 53BA6493-8113-4800-AFE7-7DA4D2B6F4F3.jpg (741x568, 73K)

Only if they're Hammer horror.

Attached: hammer mummy.webm (863x517, 2.5M)

Name a genuinely terrifying horror movie without shitty jumpscarey music.

>whataboutism

His point is that those movies are about shitty people, their being white has no relevance, as you can find shitty people of any type and it would be stupid and petty to say they're shitty "because they're black / white / asian etc".

Rewatched it recently and was disappointed. Decent moments and few good scenes, but the third act is empty generic slasher. Very weak movie for Kubrick.

Attached: 0c41436fd745.gif (400x560, 1.96M)

Psycho.

>not using spoilers
Come on faggot

this. this person is a worse film brainlet than 100 capeshit basedboys

What the shower scene again. The music is jarring.

ah well, them being white is in part what allows them to be those shitty people

Only one character in the entire movie seemed intelligent.

Attached: niggercook.jpg (1200x630, 48K)

literally only scary scene is the one that isn't in the movie.

haha wow imagine actually thinking the shining is a horror movie

Attached: soy horror.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

>vintage onions
>has no vintage films

Attached: 155330111111.jpg (1400x1080, 254K)

>plates hit the camera
>they let it in
hmmm

>he doesn't know about found footage theory

who was Camera though? was it the nigger gook?

Reminds me of Michael Myers or Jason.... hm..

>you look like the ugly horse tooth bitch from the shining
You're a dick, son.

the black guy is aksed a question he can't answer

Shelley a cute! A CUTE!!!

Attached: 1556269763368.jpg (3500x2280, 1.25M)

normal people find this character disgusting and psychotic

Was this movie supposed to be scary at some point in time? Watched it with some friends and, even though the cinematography was great, it was painfully dull.

>Fuckerberg
>white

Attached: 56984568.jpg (605x454, 78K)