L-let's make drive but shit

>l-let's make drive but shit

Attached: MV5BMjM3MjQ1MzkxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk1ODgyMjI@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 208K)

id never watch this just based off the cast, it's almost 100% faggotry

It was actually good IMO, but certainly way worse than Drive.

Imagine the kind of guy who'd come up with this shit. Lip sync badass lol

>The only good part is the opening scene, and the second heist.
>Everything in between is a really shallow surface level romance with two wooden actors and the music gimmick wears off after the opening scene.
>Third act is a complete clusterfuck of motivations.
>Baby causes the deaths of the whole crew because of his stupidity. He gets two chances to just say no but still chooses to do it when Spacey's character has shown that he wasn't willing to do the job if everyone wasn't on board and would have probably killed or handed Bats to the corrupt cops for the unnecessary shootout.
>Kevin Spacey's character does a complete 180 on how he operates because he sees the two planks of wood are in love and sacrifices himself for them.
>Baby, who has been involved with multiple heists, gotten people kill by association gets only 10 years because his foster dad, his stockholm syndrome girlfriend, and some random woman which he stole her car said "he dindu nothin, he a good boy".
>Gets out on 5 on good behavior.

I mean, the movie honestly seems to me like Wright pitched the opening scene and the studio got baited in to some pseudo arthouse crap trying to mimic Drive. It seems incredibly surface level, and I wouldn't be surprise if he made the whole movie just to get to fuck someone in the cast or pull some favors. Its just uninspired and lazy, which really shows towards the end when everything falls apart.

Have any of you guys seen Drive recently? It's a fucking mess of a movie. Not saying Baby Driver is any better, they are very different movies and you'd be a fool to compare the two just because "hurr guy drive car and DRIVEr is on the name durr"

I enjoyed it but looking back I'm disgusted at myself for enjoying it.

This movie is only very superficially similar to Drive. To compare them is incredibly dumb.

>I liked it haha
>o-oh no, what are the bros over at Yea Forums going to th-think????!?!?!!
>omg how could I like a good and entertaining movie
>OH NO PLEASE /TEEVEE/ SENPAIS FORGIVE ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Drive
>good
absolute reddit opinion

Two totally different movies that can't be compared. The only thing in common is the driver archetype lifted from the original driver from the '70s.
It was a fun movie that is a masterclass in editing/sound editing.

Who said Drive was good?

>Two totally different movies that can't be compared.
>The only thing in common is the driver archetype lifted from the original driver from the '70s.
How can you contradict yourself like this, you dumb cunt.

Yo anybody seen Billionaire Boys Club?

It was a pretty good movie but kind of campy at parts. Not kino but enjoyable.

didnt think so. some movies arent kino but are still entertaining and can be re-watched after some years. this was none of both it just felt...cheap kinda

I thought it was just fair. Glad that he didn't get away with it.

DUDE PASTICHE LMAO

Spend the entire flick building up a mega chase “Let's head West on the 20, in a car we can't afford, with a plan we don't have”.
Subvert expectations by having a shit foot chase.

Attached: 18jf227tr5oj5jpg.jpg (960x540, 77K)

It was the first Wright movie I've seen that I felt had zero soul to it.

Attached: benjamins.jpg (1080x918, 276K)

Both are bad lol

You should stay on reddit if you love talking about it so much.

>>Baby, who has been involved with multiple heists, gotten people kill by association gets only 10 years because his foster dad, his stockholm syndrome girlfriend, and some random woman which he stole her car said "he dindu nothin, he a good boy".
>>Gets out on 5 on good behavior.
While the rest of your complaints are valid, these two aren't. This regularly happens, especially when you make your case a sob story before the jury. Baby was well behaved throughout, minus the crime, and the murder was the only concerning thing, but you could easily justify that as him believing his life was in jeopardy due to his CONSTANT threats that he was going to kill Baby.

But seriously, this movie is absolute dog shit. The only good thing about it was the visuals. First miss by Wright.

This. You have to be king of the brainlets to think they're similar just because they have heists and cars.

the only good part about this movie
the cute girl

Attached: Baby-Driver-03.jpg (1200x900, 324K)