Is Avengers:Endgame, "The return of The King" of zoomer generation?

Attached: avengers-endgame-poster-square-crop.jpg (2056x964, 993K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bqNl7CCl18
youtube.com/watch?v=XkzvHtjnNOs
youtube.com/watch?v=jW-wf-OK-O8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah, remember all these LotR quips?

How the fuck can you compare Lotr to shit like that

Return of the king dragged on way too long and no real fight scenes

was skateboard Legolas the beginning of capeshit?

return of the king was fucking SHIT, so yes

Thanos > Sauron

this

Imagine if Marvel built up Thanos for 10 years only for him to appear as a GIANT FUCKING EYEBALL

Actually I do. Legolas/Gimli and Merry/Pippin were nothing but quips.

ROTK is the worst of the trilogy but still miles better than Endgame

>It still only counts as one

I didn't compare it with the whole trilogy
I just talk about the last movie, how it summoned the whole story together and ended it satisfactorily

No, Return of the King was actually good.

Fuck no.

>that still only counts as one!

But this isn't the last Marvel movie, in 3 months there will be another and then that will be the
>movie experience of the decade

Attached: merry.jpg (720x888, 334K)

t. doesn't understand what a quip is

LOTR is an overarching story with very few plot inconsistencies.

The MCU is not. Only few are even connected to the actual plot of the mcu and most importantly LOTR doesn't retcon characterizations for each team up movie.

Yes.
It perfectly encapsutales the ideology in what these little shits will grow up.

The ending dragged on for too long and it was weaker than the previous entry but that's where the comparison ends. Return of the King may have been the weakest of the three but was still a deeply satisfying ending to the trilogy. Endgame was just incredibly underwhelming, utterly predictable, and awfully paced.

> I think I've broken something
*pulls out a broken carrot from behind back*

>quip
>1. a witty remark.
>synonyms: joke, witty remark, witticism, jest, pun, sally, pleasantry, epigram, aphorism;
You're saying there were none of those in any exchange between the characters mentioned and beyond them?

Capeshit whiners can kick and scream and they want about it, but a movie event this big that wraps up the storyline in a satisfactory way after 10 years is still impressive.

>It's only a quip if it's in a capeshit
No retard.

Yes there will be more Marvel movies but the Infinity Saga has finished with Endgame.

I do actually because Peter Jackson was a hack who lucked out with fellowship of the ring and then proceeded to make two inferior movies and you can see the hobbit tier shit in the two towers and return of the king

but return of the king is the biggest offender, it is capeshit

user, Endgame was technically the last movie in MCU phase three.

>People like this who seriously pretend LOTR is high art that was devoid of muh quips
They're fun movies, but come on.

Attached: 1555440094935.png (371x353, 148K)

>nobody tosses a dwarf
*some time later*
>toss me
>Aragorn: what?
>I cant jump the distance, toss me
>don't tell the elf
LOL

Yes, but in a year there's something else and you will all have forgotten endgame and focus on the new movies and say that those moves are the movie experience of a decade.
its just like a soap opera, you'll soon forget that sue ellen died and JR is head of the business because next week something else "shocking" happens.

FOTR has more soul than any movie Disney has shat out.

Lord of the Rings is still being watched 20 years later and will still be watched 20 years from now.

Nobody even watches Marvel shit from 1 year ago.

>Os Vingadores: Ultimato? Que filme horrível, os anônimos vermelhopilhados no quatrochan estavam certos! Não acredito que os outros anônimos que sempre diziam "tenha sexo" estavam errados! Meu deus! Que descaso.

almost ever single male under 20 years old think they are art because they are capeshitters who watch movies much worse all the time

Do you have a problem with big eyes?

Attached: PWvVKYVVrWdRBTcFxRKC73.jpg (1920x1200, 359K)

>vermelhopilhados
uma delicia

You do know LotR and Hobbit are fantasy capeshit?

Nobody watches the Hobbit either.

What was the last good era with soul here?

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

I liked
Moville Mysteries
Tutenstein
Growing Up Creepie
The Buzz on Maggie
Oggy and the Cockroaches
ChalkZone
My Gym Partner is a Monkey

>uma delicia

Do you think Amazon can make the new series on the same level as Lotr?

youtube.com/watch?v=5bqNl7CCl18

>Endgame wraps everything up
>95% of the characters are in the same place as where they were when Infinity War started

>boomers still think Lord of Rings is the pinnacle of cinema

Oof and yikes

Attached: DF615EE3-8A5B-4A7F-8B70-48DEC26B5B47.jpg (418x440, 40K)

I think people still love LotR
MCU seems forgotten as soon as the next movie comes out
>inb4 DisneyMom tears
Just an observation, bro

>capeshitters believing that their films are high art

Attached: 1548280039941chels.webm (572x864, 2.94M)

Is this bait? The two movies are so far apart in terms of quality it's laughable

>dictionary posting
Take the L...you're not gonna win this argument

Absolutely yes. And they did it with more diverse cast as well.

It's impressive that "adults" kept on watching these movies

>pretend LOTR is high art that
Lord of the Rings is art. It's the only blockbuster ever made that can even be considered art.

Attached: 1553984695412.jpg (2880x2000, 538K)

what about Conan

>Thor ragnarok
>not art
Yipes!!!

yeah the MCU is impressive for what it is, but it's not like LOTR. A shared superhero comic book universe has much lower standards for internal consistency than a setting like Middle Earth.

it's way better than lotr....lotr will be quickly forgotten while infinity war and endgame will be considered one of the greatest films of all time. rightfully so

This has been covered before. Marvel has a particular style of quip that is common in their movies. They are often jarring non-sequitors or self-conscious jokes that interrupt the scene and contrast the otherwise established tone, rather than being tonally consistent point of the scene (eg the "second breakfast" scene) .

LOTR:
youtube.com/watch?v=XkzvHtjnNOs

Marvelquips:
youtube.com/watch?v=jW-wf-OK-O8

Quips are quips either they're used accordingly or badly written.
If you want to distance LotR from capeshit, chose one of the hundreds of other differences between them.

You have to remember that lord of the rings will be talked about for more years to come while a majority of marvel movies are forgotten a couple of days after watching them for most people.
That saying I liked fellowship over two towers and return of the king. I just liked the darker tone of fellowship.

>Quips are quips
No and I just explained why stop being a deliberately retarded faggot.
The marvelquips I pointed out aren't even used badly. They're there to keep the tension down and spice up a scene of otherwise boring exposition. But stylistically it's very different from LOTR. If you can't see that even after I explain it to you like you're a child, there's no hope for you.

no one cares reddit

>I just explained why
You didn't explain shit. You merely stated a worthless opinion.

Yeah I loved when we went back to Middle Earth a couple months later but this time with a politically correct fellowship. And don’t forget that scene where Frodo dies tragically killing Sauron. Or how Gandalf’s transformation from grey to white was really just a mix up with some bleach.

I liked
Moville Mysteries
Tutenstein
Growing Up Creepie
The Buzz on Maggie
Oggy and the Cockroaches
ChalkZone
My Gym Partner is a Monkey

Last era with soul was late millennial/gen y. 90% of content since has been either cash grabs or attempts to imitate earlier successes.

Say what you will about LoZ Wind Waker but it ended an era when it was received as poorly as it was. After execs saw that even a huge franchise could have a flop if it alienated too many people by being different, they stuck to proven money-making formulas.

Not a chance. If they try to stay true to the Simarillion, the normies flocking from Game of Thrones will think it’s too boring. Expect a heavily condensed story with many more “Le epic battles”, meme quotes, and happy endings.

Wrong, that’s like saying no one remembers Ron Jeremy because of Kim Kardashian’s sex tape. Looking pretty doesn’t equal legendary amounts of work.

Think this is an Episode 1 situation

it will slowly dawn on people that this film is not very good

wrong example. nobody cares about ron jeremy because based rocco exists.

>implying it was only smellz

>The marvelquips I pointed out aren't even used badly.
They are in Doctor Strange. 99% of the attempts at comedy stick out so badly with such bizarre editing that I refuse to believe they were part of the original cut of the film and weren't forced to be added in as reshoots by some retarded executive who couldn't comprehend the idea of a fantasy movie with tension or stakes.

It sucks. Ironman died snapping the finger and black widow died sacrificing herself so that Hawkeye can retrieve the infinity stone as it’s the “rule”
And why does cap give his shield to Sam when he turns old ? Doesn’t make sense when Bucky is right behind Sam

ROTK swept the Oscars.
IW wasn't even recognised and Black Panther only got a nomination because negroids wouldn't shut the fuck up.

I don't think it can be compared to anything except maybe a season finale of a long TV series. All those "trilogy" movies are not really good comparisons for the MCU. This is not just a sequel to one movie. It's kind of a sequel to long sequence of movies.

I don't think this has ever been done before. The longest running film series that isn't the MCU is maybe... James Bond? And it doesn't have this kind of continuity. Each of them are kind of a self-contained story with little connection other than recurring characters.

It's an interesting feeling that it's over. I wonder what they'll do next.

Attached: athing.png (499x243, 222K)

Oscars is hardly a measurement of quality.

MORE LIKE THE RETURN OF THE KEK FOR THE SOI-MER GENERATION LMAO

LOL, Avengers has much better cinematography. Look at that ugly blue tint

You're literally a fucking pleb. LOTR isn't the only blockbuster that has great framing and lighting. You fucking mong shit

Literally fucking stop posting

Nah it's trash didn't feel a single emotion from it.
Meh snd boring

based

The Return of the King is a Oscar winning movie.