Why do DC fans get so angry when you criticize Man of Steel or BvS?

Why do DC fans get so angry when you criticize Man of Steel or BvS?

Attached: LMzsLDyxliukNIj-800x450-noPad.jpg (800x450, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVco65KekFo
youtube.com/watch?v=06Qm8cKJ-jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its the only movie they have as a stepping stone now with continuing the franchise without disney buying it up.

But I'm a huge DC fan and I hate those films.

I don't think you're referring to people who have read comic books.

>DC fans
More like casuals and shitposters. In fact DC fans are the most vocal about the disdain surrounding this film

Because Man Of Steel was a decent standalone movie. Agreed that BVS is a mess though.

Also, likely something to do with the fact that people punished a guy for making a bad movie by shitting on the death of his daughter. Because thats totally something Superman would do! right?

do you mean like the two 14 year olds you know?

I've never met anyone that cared about these. All the DC fans I know talk about comics, BTAS and other animated series, games, and movies made up Dark Knight Rises.

Because they're great movies and i won't let you fucks criticized it when it's clear you faggots didn't understand most of what happens in it. Bunch of brain-dead morons.

It's just popular shitposting material because it guarantees a response

The reactions of supposed Superman fans towards people like Snyder and Bendis has me really questioning faith in humanity.

Yes I fucking love the character, but what have you been getting out of the book if you think acting like that is okay?

Superman fans have always been hypocritical.
>Superman isn't about super-powers, what matters the most is his humanity
>this fella could totally kick Superman's ass
>no! Superman managed to do this and that and is this and would't never lose now let me take my equations to prove how much he was holding in some random issue and...

Then what are the thousands on the internet who talk constantly about the Snydercut and have profiles dedicated to shilling DC and shitting on Marvel?

Because in their eyes it took enough risks and spent enough special effects making it look accurate to the comic book that it shouldn't even be criticized like ordinary movies.
It was like a continuation of Sin City and 300 to DC fans.
Maybe Frank Miller almost killed himself trying to fuck enough whores to get us a Sin City style DKR Adaptation.

the same reason Star Wars fans get angry when you criticize The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker?

MoS > Jonah Hex > powergap > BvS

I spend more than you ever will weekly on comics, love superman in the red trunks, love Batman in trunks and yet loved what Snyder was doing. You do not speak for any sort of group, faggot.

The fact that you think the costumes are the main problem with these films shows how much of a casual you are.

He didn't imply that at all. This is probably why these movies flew above your head.

I liked it but everyone needed something of an enemy of sorts during that period of cinema.

>love superman in the red trunks, love Batman in trunks and yet loved what Snyder was doing
Please indulge me, what else could this possibly be referring to besides the costumes? Specifying the trunks doesn't really relate to anything else. It's hilarious that you are attempting agree with or defend him while also contradicting his main point. Unless you're that guy samefagging which just makes this pathetic.

>DC fans
I am not sure most fans of the Snyderverse are DC fans per se. The only ones I have ever met are semi-literate edgelords.

I think he was using the trunks as a example of some classic campy aspect of the comics that he loves but that he ALSO loves the more serious Snyder movies and style to shoe that it's not one or the other. We can like both.

Serious Answer OP.

Because they aren't just criticized, they are relentlessly demonized for overblown reasons. Most of the people who dislike them refuse to acknowledge ANY positive aspects of the films and treat the people who like them as evil heretics.
They treat the entire conceptualization of the films from the ground up as abominations and claim that there should NEVER EVER be serious epic action oriented Superman stories or elseworld's where Batman breaks his rules and has to claw his way back to redemption.

The problem isn't that the movies are serious. The problem is that they try so hard to be serious and fail at actually telling a good story so they just come across as either annoying, edgy and pretentious or accidentally funny.
Snyder is no Frank Miller.

Huge Dc fan, I have a soft spot for Man of Steel but BvS is trash

Would you mind listing some of the good things about them?
I am drawing a blank outside of Suicide Squad having a decent soundtrack.

That's your subjective opinion, and if you're the guy that misunderstood the trunks comment, i can see why you wouldn't get the story.

why do you think we call them dc cucks ?

I am not.
Also stop pretending the Snyder movies were smart. They weren't. Snyder has a history of trying and failing to make his awful schlock seem smarter than it is.

Because many of the criticisms are blatant lies or exagerations about what transpired on screen.

Example still to this day people claim Superman destroyed the city to blasted through tons of buildings on purpose during his final fight with Zod. This is provably false.

Here is the full fight I defy you to show me where he punched Zod into a building.

Part 1 -youtube.com/watch?v=qVco65KekFo

Part 2 -youtube.com/watch?v=06Qm8cKJ-jo

I will list the damage Clark intentionally does by his own hand here...

In Part 1 at 3:14 he collides with Zod near the side of 1 building leaving a crater.

In Part 1 at 3:23 he burst through a already damaged concrete floor causing very little damage.

In Part 2 at 0:21 he pushes Zod through some construction beams.

In Part 2 at 0:50 Zod punches him into a building and he drags Zod's face across the windows of the building opposite in response.

In Part 2 at 1:50 Superman gains "control" of their decent at the last minute and pushes Zod into the train station.

THAT IS IT! That is all the destruction Superman causes during their hand to hand fight. Not once did he actually punch or throw Zod into a building in Metropolis.

DEESCALATE

fucking loser

Sorry, but years of discussing these movies here have proven to me that most people here are just that fucking dumb. It's not that the movies are smart, it's just that most people here literally misunderstand most of what they see.

because they are brain dead drones.

It is cool.
I honestly can't disagree with you there.
While I do hate the Snyder movies I do acknowledge that he tried something different even if it really didn't work out. I really blame DC for trying to get a mainstream cinematic universe going with the guy from Sucker Punch of all directors.

Why do people pretend to be fans of something they never cared about in the first place?

>wasting money in funny books
I applaud you.

There is nothing wrong with Mos's overall story.

>wasting money on Bendis and Tynion
what a retard, don't forget to tweet #releasethesnydercut today.

It's funny because MoS and BvS still manage to get more threads to this day than the majority of MCU movies.

>thousands

implying there are actually thousands and they arent just sock accounts and bots set up by angry pajeets who think Zack Snyder is god.

when was the last time anyone talked about Thor 2 or the Hulk movie

DC Fans always criticized this shit, but the numales hijacked the fandom and effectively replaced the former
This is what happens when we stop gatekeeping. We're fucked

>Would you mind listing some of the good things about them?

Mos...
> Phenomenal score.
> Entire cast is great and does a good to great job.
> The most subtle, least hysterical or overly emotional, least bitchy or unlikable Lois we have ever gotten in live action.
> Loved Lois figuring out who Clark is.
> Zod is a great villain.
> Faora is a striking iconic sexy henchwoman.
> Phenomenal outfit designs for Superman and the Kryptonians.
> Incredibly epic in scale well shot battle scenes.
> The film doesn't hold Clark's hand, he is allowed to struggle, make mistakes and can't save everyone but he still does his best which IMO is more inspiring then the versions who can save everyone virtually flawlessly.

BVS
> My praising the outfits, casting, Lois and score all remain true for this film (aside from jesse being cast)
> Best live action Batman ever IMO (at the bare minimum he is the most intense acting wise)
> Best live action Batman fight scene.
> Great Alfred and interaction with Bruce.
> 2 Great sacrificial moments by Superman
> Superman having learned from his mistakes in Mos by taking Doomsday into space immediately.
> The Batman vs Superman fight is solid aside from Superman not trying to talk him down more (which is made more acceptable in the ultimate cut because he believes from his investigations into the Batman that he will only listen to force)
> Final battle is good, not as great as Mos's final battle but still good. Way too smokey and murky.
> I like Lois investigating the Africa subplot and the bombing.
> Jesse is the weakest link no question but I still liked his acting during the roof speech, you could see the barely contained emotion boiling underneath his surface.

There is more that I am blanking on right now.

To be clear, I still agree the films are flawed. Bvs much more so then Mos but they aren't even close to biblical trash with zero positive aspects like the 2015 Fantastic 4.

Same way people get angry if you criticise captain marvel or black panther.

Tribalism.

They dont care about the movie but the role the movie plays in their interests. I.e dcucks and superman, CMfags and feminism and BP and BBC loving cyoucks.

But serious all the films listed are just meh.

>I really blame DC for trying to get a mainstream cinematic universe going with the guy from Sucker Punch of all directors.
Snyder's directing wasn't the problem with Sucker Punch. It had 3 primary problems.

> Acting of the young female cast was weak.

> The action almost all taking place in dreams/visions meant that they had little to no emotional weight.

> Snyder simultaneously wanted to make (A) a sexy anime tribute while also doing (B) a serious emotional story about women being abused and overcoming, either plan on their own is solid and fine but doing the 2 together is bound to fail because B makes A seem exploitative.

>I don't think you're referring to people who have read comic books.
>More like casuals and shitposters
>I am not sure most fans of the Snyderverse are DC fans per se
>Why do people pretend to be fans of something they never cared about in the first place?

The haters saying shit like THIS makes us pissed and emotional about it. We can love Dc comics/animation AND like Snyder's Dceu films at the same time. It's not one or the other.

>They dont care about the movie
In regards to Mos, yes I actually fucking do.

Bros, is the DCEU dead?

I'm sure Shazam got more threads than both of those movies combined.

sure, ladder lad

MoS was an OK popcorn movie. It was a shitty Superman movie and even crappier as the first movie of a connected universe, particularly a DC Comics connected universe

>Why do Hack Snyder fans
FTFY

That's because Marvel movies are cringey trash

>Why do Snyder fans get so angry when you criticize Man of Steel or BvS?
FTFY. Most DC fans hate Snyders shit as well.

I love DC and I despise those films. Particularly BvS. Zack Snyder fans are a particular breed of their own.

>was a decent standalone movie
It was not

Do you like the other DCEU movies? (besides SS and JL of course)

BASED

Attached: scorcese laughing.jpg (500x600, 50K)

Man of Steel was a legit good Superman film, if a different take on the character than we've seen on the big screen. BvS was a fucking dumpster fire on so many levels it doesn't even deserve an autopsy to determine cause of death. It's just a mass of messy fucking bleeding pulp and viscera.

Because they get sexually aroused by the jolly rancher scene.

Attached: 1.gif (480x270, 2.71M)

Attached: 2.gif (480x270, 2.66M)

Attached: 3.gif (480x270, 3.43M)

MoS > BvS UE >>> Aquacringe >>> S oyzam >>>>> Wonder Feminist >>>> Will Smith and the suicide squad > Flop Quinn

why do raccoons get so angry when you try to empty the dumpster they live in

Maybe weird companywars fags do, I like a good DC book but I ain't watching those shitshows

Shazam 2 is on the way soon, so personally I'd say no