Green Lantern Season 2 will once again span 12 issues

comicsbeat.com/green-lantern-season-2-12-issues/

>Green Lantern Season 2, DC Comics’ psychedelic space cop-era series from writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp, will once again run for 12 issues, Sharp announced Tuesday with a Tweet.

>This comes a few weeks after Sharp said in an interview that the book — initially announced to be 12 issues, just like the first season that preceded it — would be reduced to eight, dropping that tidbit during a conversation with Den of Geek.

Attached: dc-Comics_Gallery_20181107__GL_cover1_5be10d1eb3f152.20116592.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfUII8mGrwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guessing this is more evidence that they're stripping down what they intended to do with 5G

Morrison really does have magical powers

Very much seems so.

I think they see too much has leaked and been drawn up to cancel all of it, but they see how incredibly stupid it was and they're scaling back everything they can.

Now to see if it's like an event, or a few status quo changes.

Morrison no longer cockblocked by Didio. Expect more happenings soon

>Green Lantern
How pathetic

Attached: MV5BMGU1MGQ1YTgtZTdkYi00ODI3LWFjMzItYmZkN2IxMmM0M2M4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTgwMzk1MTA@._V1_.jpg (780x1147, 129K)

>Ben 10
Kek

Attached: 9A68D715-113A-4D57-84CB-CBD3C60A906D.jpg (432x672, 36K)

Get fucked Dan

Fantastic

>Good run gets recognized and has more content.
Good.

>not about Kyle
fuck this gay shit, no one cares about Hal besides actual retards

I think its just going to be turned into a mini event intead of the relanch Didio planned theirs not enough time to undo it entirely..

Kyle sucks. He’s just Peter Parker as a Green Lantern

Thank you Wally-sama! Arigato Prime-kun!! ~~~

>Kyle hasn't been seen since the last Hal and Pals
>Wally went off the deep end and never saw his best bud before leaving

Where is he boys?

Attached: 1338683547573.gif (420x233, 937K)

>Didio leaves
>Morrison gets more work
This is an absoloute win

Probably sitting in a corner being a cuck over Soranik dumping him.

The second season was confirmed ages ago.

Peter Parker is the greatest hero in American comics and DC is smart that they attempted to copy that, best decision that Dumb Company ever did
dicking down Carol

Actually Kyle was on Titans and did almost nothing as the comic was canceled soon after because the death blow of Dick leaving to become Ric Grayson was too strong.

It made no sense to not have both this and Far Sector going at the same time. The Green Lantern concept is so opened ended they can do however many titles.

For some reason I thought that ended before Hal and Pals. I remember being mad about him going there because all his old buds from his days of becoming a new hero were there and suddenly it was just Donna because Wally and Roy left/died and Dick became Ric.

Attached: 1281462569012.jpg (439x617, 79K)

Peter is okay but he’s no Ben Grimm

Easier to make changes now that didio is gone

Based and Greenpilled!

This thread wouldn't exist if it hadn't been shortened. Why post such stupidity?

Fuck your mary sue

Legit shocked they gave them the 12 back rather than kicking sharp off for daring to call them out.

Good shit this book deserved an Eisner last year.

>b-b-but he's artsy like meeeeeeee

>if it hadn't been shortened
Irrelevant. The second season and even the Blackstars mini were all confirmed months ago. You desperately want to be outraged by this, for no discernible reason.

Dumbass season two previously was stated to be shortened down to 8 issues, which is now rectified back to the original twelve shortly after Dan got the boot.

You're a fucking idiot

Good riddance, Dan!

It ended a bit after since Green Lanterns ended last with given Cyborg Superman showed up.

Suck it 5G! No one wants you!

>the exact thing I mentioned is irrelevant
Nope.

I think 5G is DOA thank god. No black Batman.

Quote from Jim Lee.

"Our intent is not to do a line-wide reboot," Lee said at the panel. "Our focus is to continue what we've done best: pairing characters with great creators and continue to make diverse and amazing stories that you guys love...we're telling stories about characters that can fly and going into other dimensions. It should be a lot of fun."

Didio was the guy who brought him back to DC after New X-Men in the first place, and was the one who convinced him to do GL after he swore off ongoings when his Action run wrapped. Seems weird to me that Didio would be the one to cut his GL short.

But Didio got Morrison to be on GL in the first place.

Boundingintocomics told them Dan Didio was a villain. It's impossible to shove sense into them.

It was becuase 5g was going to be a whole wide relaunch and thats no longer the case.

Didio is the go-to strawman for anything going wrong at DC. If something good happens, it's someone else.

Attached: 1355610622365.jpg (640x360, 35K)

Didio has done enough damage on his own to earn the hate.

That goes the other way as well doesnt mean he cant be criticized for bad decisions,

Absolutely, but as you've probably noticed the past year or 2 it's been nothing but Didio for anything and everything going wrong.

Attached: 1352152047667.gif (381x400, 69K)

Same to Bendis

This much I can agree with. He’s not responsible for everything bad but he is responsible for a lot of shit. He was in charge for almost 20 years, he very much held the reigns. His hateboner for the Titans was retarded and it just made the franchise sink deeper and deeper into the mud. He made the right call letting Waid retell Superman’s origins, but then he kept fucking letting people retell Superman’s origins to the point shit became a huge mess. 5G sounded awful yet he kept pushing it.

I’ll always be grateful he let Morrison do Final Crisis, ASS, and Batman though, and that he got Morrison to reboot Supes for the New 52. I think he’s the one who let Johns bring Hal Jordan back, so kudos to that. But DC really needs fresh blood at the top.

>. No black Batman.
Oh we'll still get black Batman. It'll just be more of a Azbats/Dickbats/Gordonbats type thing.

its not like its not earned he was a very polarizing figure Identity Crisis and New52 alone are enough to not like him to say nothing of his editorial mandates over the years.

No, not really, but I suppose this is what board culture osmosis causes on an average child.

>I’ll always be grateful he let Morrison do Final Crisis, ASS, and Batman though, and that he got Morrison to reboot Supes for the New 52.
To be fair literally anyone on his position would agree to give Morrison a lot of comics, he's literally the most praised writer still working for the big 2.

But a lot of editorial problems can be traced back to both him and Jim Lee. Has been for years in fact. Guys like Snyder, King, and Bendis are indeed shit, but they're mostly a symptom

So you think his hateboner for Legacy characters and forrced misery on superheros were good ideas?

Get fucked, faggots like you only show up to play devil advocate after the person retire from their position.

Dan Didio's the guy that gave Morrison most of his works, but he's also the guy that fucked Morrison in most of his works.

Didio split Final Crisis into various minis and one-shots because he felt they'd make more money this way, which just made the books feel more disjointed and confusing. Not to mention the Countdown bullshit where he launched several ongoings and minis in preparation for Final Crisis when Morrison specifically told him not to.
Then there's the Batman run where Didio cut the run short for the New 52 reboot and then let other writers change the continuity around which pretty much made most of what Morrison build up meaningless, which is why Morrison later half of the run is a huge fucking tantrum.
Which is also why Morrison swore off ever working for DC anymore, until Didio managed to convince him to work on Green Lantern, but then he again had the run cut short for yet another relaunch.

What about Multiversity and Action Comics?

Let me give you two great examples; Flash Rebirth (the story where Barry comes back) and Flashpoint? His decisions. Johns didn't really have a choice, and thought he could do the least amount of damage given his experience writing Flash. Bringing Barry back and the reboot were going to happen regardless because Dan wanted it. Don't believe me? Johns went on record to say that his Aquaman run was originally going to happen MUCH earlier after Brightest Day, but was sidelined by the Flashpoint shit.

You see Dan and Jim have their own little idea of what DC canon should be, despite what fans and other writers might protest. They were a little salty about the New 52 feedback, hence why Dan made the decisions that he did after Johns left during the Rebirth line

Odds are most of your favorite books and editorial choices were because of him but sure, let's pretend you have a point beyond twitter outrage.

It's honestly like he wanted another Alan Moore on his hands.

The Multiversity was something that has been in the works since the end of Final Crisis, but Morrison ended up delaying it and delaying it, and delaying it. But both Morrison and Didio played ball on that.
Action Comics was given to appease Morrison after the Batman Inc shit. Morrison was pissed about the prospect of the reboot fucking all his plans, so Didio gave Morrison the key to reboot Superman whatever way he wanted. This is why other writers had to literally write filler material in the other Superman related books, because one of the deals between Morrison and Didio was that Morrison wouldn't have to answer to no editor while reboot Superman. He'd only share his plans the moment the book were to be printed. So other writers were constantly left in the air on what direction Morrison was actually taking Superman.

>people still seethe about Barry coming back
Get fucked, Linkara.

Attached: 1578532852018.png (238x300, 121K)

Of course all his mandates were not bad but he had enough bad ones to get a reputation hence why he gets so much hate.

Not him but funny how vocal you're being AFTER the guy gets the ax. Where was your Dan defense before that?

That's not an argument, and it's pretty much a common complaint from Flash fans. If your intention was to troll and anger me in some way, you've failed

>Not him but funny how vocal you're being AFTER the guy gets the ax
Was I supposed to spam the board or something?

Just like with Tom King, probably the same poster
>News: King is leaving Batman
>extremely autistic King defence force comments about how good his run was and to bash DC show up
>News: King still working on other Batman titles
>King defence force completelly disappears

It's so clearly fake it's hilarious

No, but I haven't heard you chimp out defending Dan prior to his departure so call me a bit skeptical

>loses so hard he gets rebooted
>Ben 10 GO
>youtube.com/watch?v=mfUII8mGrwE

Attached: Hal_Jordan_The_Gift_0001.jpg (615x653, 73K)

>it actually was Didio who cut the series short
every day his departure gets better

>continue what we've done best: pairing characters with great creators
>continue
>best

Who? Some of us just hate the dude for his terrible decisions

Good. That's how comics should work as a standard format. 12 issues, preferably done in ones with an overarching plotline, and an annual. Simple, easy to follow.

5G wasn't a reboot

(I googled Green Lantern Dabbing and just got leprechauns)
anyway BASED GRANT and BASED LIAM.
Green Lantern and Jimmy Olsen are the best hero comics out right now.
Fuck 5G
Fuck Dan Dildo
Fuck Bendis too while im at it.

Attached: 61kYxxE52vL._UX385_.jpg (385x385, 18K)

Man characterfags are starting to really annoy me.

It's pretty well known that he will take blame on himself to protect creators, a lot of things we blame him for are not really his fault. Still, he's not blameless by any means, he's made plenty of mistakes. I just think Lee and Harris deserve much more blame for shit than just Didio.

Fuck off Bendis, 5G is not happening.

It's not the same at all. Bendis is objectively always bad news.

my favorite DC stuff has always been their more experimental stuff. So I liked what Dan was pushing with the Hanna Barbara stuff. But I can understand people who like to read Superman and Batman might be mad at him, I just don't give a shit about those characters.

Aside from renumbering it's how they always worked.

>we're telling stories about characters that can fly and going into other dimensions. It should be a lot of fun."

I agree. The thing is, Jim, you can do so without fucking with continuity. Just stop shilling initiatives and let each editorial office do their own things for 12 months.

I hated Didio but that HB stuff was fire, I own all of it in floppy format. Looney tunes shit as well.

HB stuff was pretty great, hope we see it again in the future

Great news.

fuck your Hal

Excellent news. Anyone catch Grant Morrison on Frankie Boyle's documentary about Scotland? Last episode was on this week

Yeah, 5G just completely revamped continuity. Totally not a reboot. /s

Didio was not the one to bring Morrison back. That was more Pete Tomasi who was Morrison's editor on Seven Soldiers and Batman (before he quit editing because of Didio's micromanager style).

Neat.

He did cause problems but yeah people blamed everything on him. At least now that he's gone people will have to find a new spacegoat.

We didn't pin it all on Didio, it was also on Lee, whom is still an issue

DC never even fucking announced 5G, you don't know shit you little bitch cunt

wonder woman 750 was advertised as the "start of 5G"

There was a point where I was reading mostly non-superhero comics and during that point I got nine years of top tier creators on a Western comic thanks to Dan DiDio. I know some folks are happy he's gone, but I think this was handled very poorly on corporate's part.

>We

It was not. An article by Rich the Leech is not an official announcement.

Lee was rarely ever mentioned in DC hate conversations here, and Harris almost never and he's the fucking EiC

>somehow the stars align and you get a big two book that's well written, well drawn, well colored and with satisfying single issues
>shit on it because it's not about your husbando
you're the reason cape comics are shit.

that's connected to Lee being more involved in the set up of DC Universe and things related to that as publisher, and Harras generally keeps his mouth shut all the time.
Didio was the one who interacted with fans, retailers, and the press, so he took most of the hate.

Rarely mentioned, yet doesn't change facts. He's just as guilty as Didio

5G would have been a fun "event" not the new normal.
Like a month long gimmick going through a bunch of comics (and maybe a 5G title to book end it)

Attached: memed.jpg (300x300, 25K)

I’m still not sure what 5G is

i thought it was about the next generation of heroes taking over. (jon becomes superman, damien becomes batman etc)

some cellular service that's a scam

Thing is identifying who's responsible for what exactly?

Lee?
>Designed most of the New 52 costumes
>Stands to benefit from Wildstorm characers being promoted

Harras? We can look up what his opinions were on marvel characters, but whether or not we can apply those to DC ones is unknown.

I don't know if Didio was deliberately taking all the heat for his friends or not, but we'll see their colors soon enough.

Mega based

Attached: Green Lantern Ring Kiss.jpg (1041x1600, 291K)

Still seething I see

Attached: Gwen Lantern.png (1600x1603, 2.68M)

harras' main achievements have been:
>keeping Eddie Berganza around (vouching for his promotions) until Berganza finally got #metoo'd
>Keeping Scott Lobdell employed (and fighting off his sexual harassment accusations)
>Keeping Marie Javins employed (former Marvel editor from his other EiC days)

Wally's best friend was Nightwing, not Kyle. Hell Wally was way closer to Cyborg and freaking Chunk than he was to Kyle.

They all have their fair share of the blame, but he was the one who had the list. The one who pushed the agendas.

Hell yeah, motherfucker

>Morrison book
>well written
you can't be critical because he's your writerfu

OTP

based

I'll be honest, I've been completely out of the loop when it comes to DC for months. What the fuck is 5G?

Finally some good news

>It'll just be more of a Azbats/Dickbats/Gordonbats type thing.
That's a fucking relief to me

>What the fuck is 5G?
Diversity Comics Project #745

Come on, I've really been out of the loop, give me more details. I didn't even know Didio was out until I read it in this thread.

nice good news at least.

Attached: 1583324988225.png (1920x960, 449K)

It was basically a Zero Hour or Infinite Crisis style continuity rewrite. A lot of stuff is still canon, a lot of old stuff that got dumped from canon is now canon, bunch of stuff is now not-canon. And DC was going to replace heroes with legacy versions. Like Luke Fox becoming Batman, Jon Kent is Superman, etc.

Didio tried to make Jon as the new Superman, Luke Fox as the new Batman, Captain Boomerang Jr. as the new Flash, and Jo Mullein as the new main Green Lantern

WE DID IT MORRISONBROS
IT'S NEVER BAD AS IT SEEMS

Attached: supermanrooftop~2.jpg (493x406, 80K)

my writerfu is Georges Perec but this book is well written. It succesfully establishes Hal Jordan's character, it pulls without much trouble from the character's lore, the issues are both self-contained enough that you can pick one and read them but the overaching plot is never completely ignored, it has weird and interesting concepts and aliens, no one acts out of character, blah blah blah. You can enjoy a writer because he's your perceived enemy, it works both ways.

All-New All-Different DC.

If he's so magical why can't he grow hair?

it's a thermodynamics thing, he needs to be bald to cool off his pentadimensional brain

Man, I miss Chunk

Glad to hear that Season 2 will be a full 12 issues. This is probably my favorite current book
All of Kyle's 90s friends (Dick, Wally, Roy) left the team as soon as he joined which is hilarious. The only one left was Donna and she just left the team too.
I do like Kyle, and he's the Lantern I associate with Morrison the most so I hope Morrison gives him at least a cameo like he's done for Jess and John so far.