What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 89039242_2644225479146259_8595012561898831872_n.jpg (500x708, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was always wrong. It just was more competently wrong in the beginning.

Why does bottom look like a nip parody of the top one

Attached: DD-Fist-of-the-North-Manga-Vol-3-Cover.jpg (493x700, 233K)

Did they get shorter?

it is what it is

Attached: amethyst-comparison.jpg (500x236, 31K)

Many of these creators came from Flapjack, a show while mostly forgotten by the general public became a massive influence that would define the 2010's and basically had all of the future big names of the industry working together in the same room.

One of the things Flapjack implemented was gicing freedom on storyboarders and artist on how they wanted to draw characters. The show still had a bible sure, but Van Orman told his staff to treat it more like a suggestion rather then a strong enforcment of style. This allowed for characters to often time look somewhat diffrent in each episode and allowed each artist to even have their own defined style.

This worked great with Flapjack because the entire show was built around the surreal and offputting and having the characters be at a constant state of looking "off" just further highlighted this philosphy. However, when the show ended and some of the talent decided to use this philosophy on their own shows, it just resulted in mixed to bad results because there really is no thematic reason to do this.

They didn't stick with the superior design.

Attached: Steven.png (1750x1000, 272K)

He ded

"Artistic freedom"

Attached: 1443149209302.jpg (298x314, 33K)

eso si que es

Attached: S O C K S.jpg (320x240, 26K)

and taller, then shorter again

Attached: SU height inconsistency.jpg (2590x800, 485K)

Reposting from the model thread.

Attached: 1583105858460.webm (1600x900, 2.84M)

he looks like an awful pigboy in both.

While this certainly explains why this approach became a facet of other CN productions, it doesn't explain why it became more and more pronounced as Steven Universe went on. I can only assume as the show went on, Sugar pushed the storyboarders more and more to not ape her artstyle as much.

I thought it was kind of like flapjack, where whatever person is working on it add there own flare to it, but I soon realized it was just incompetence.

Attached: Ward.png (961x240, 430K)

storyboards and writing

Rebecca had no standards because telling someone they did it wrong could hurt their feelings.

This

jesus fucking christ

The designs went to absolute shit like in rights picture.

It was created.

Flapjack was too good for these times

That would be "diversity" hiring results

There's just something so unsettling about pilot Steven, he creeps me the fuck out.

Is this a flashback or something? Or was this an age-down episode? Why is Steven so fucking tiny.

Being on model is for straight, white men.

And Asians.

storyboard artists dont give a fuck, there was that tweet from someone about how if you can recognize the character it doesn't matter how fucked up their proportions are its still "on model"

Bad show, bad showrunner, carried hard by tranny and dyke pandering.

Attached: Spinell.png (814x1058, 688K)

Steven Universe ruined an entire generation of kids

What’s with this growing population of Spinelfags who don’t even like/watch the show but only have watched the movie and got into her
It’s so stupid

>Ward
As in the Adventure Time guy?

>carried hard by tranny and dyke pandering
I don't have any issues with representativity or whatever you call it in cartoons, but god, Steven Universe is unsufferable with this. Why does everyone have to be a fat faggot/dyke, some non binary shit, deal with anxiety, and more and more and more and more and more and more of this? Accept yourself for this, love yourself that, it's insufferable

Yes

Why did he work on shitty cartoons before AT?

God DAMN look at the dump on that strump. I mean fuck me silly lads it's fucking mint. I bet the thing even squeaks like a dog toy when ya poke it! You think her asshole tastes like cherry wine? I bet it does. Hey but for real though lads for real, you think she wouldn't move at all even if someone else showed up? Like if you got all up in that fine looking piece she would just stand there and take it?
Like just imagine absolutely going to town on that cute critters shitter and it's just nothing but squeaks and moans, no fighting no nothing. DAMN this pink strumpet gets me FUCKING GOING.
Fuck lads, just spread those cheeks and slip right in. In and out if ya know what i'm sayin! And how tall is this cutie anyway? You think she's dick height? Just think of rubbing yourself all along those pretty pink gums of hers. Squeaking up against each little section of the back of her mouth and just coating every little crack in her teeth with your jizz. I bet she swallows, hell I bet she fucking guzzles! It's thirsty work standing around all day ahahah! Oh hell lads, you could leave n cum back n leave and cum back and she'd be right there ready for ya. Man she's damn near perfect. Ass that won't quite and mouth that knows what it's for!
There is just one thing though, how in the hell can a red blooded guy like myself get at that glorious snatch of hers? I mean the way she's standing and the height and all, this is some real geography stuff right here. You'd need a damn fucking protractor to figure it out! I mean apart from moving her but I don't see that happening, shes damn near bolted to the ground! Ah I got it, a sturdy young lass like her could easily carry my weight. I'll hang off her neck with my arms and be at the perfect height to plow away. It'd be hard work but I have to imagine it's worth it. I bet she has the tightest pussy in the whole fucking galaxy, and you can just tell she's a squirter for sure.

Yeah lads I gotta say, this lil' whore really gets me going.

Attached: DED43356-DE6B-4869-86C2-79E08A462E53.jpg (778x1024, 52K)

>Why do these damaged people like the damaged one?
Because they're just as fucked up as she is. They are the Spinels that people left, cuz fuck putting up with that.

Why are we still giving a fuck about Steven Universe when it's ended?
We have to give a shit about Steven Universe Future

Attached: this again.jpg (600x899, 64K)

like this user said it worked with Flapjack because it was a comedy, SU tries to be a drama and yet the creators and storyboard artists acts like it's a comedy.
If they had a better Showrunner and someone to clean up Storyboards it would be much better.

Is this cherrypicked?

Attached: mpc-hc64 41933.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

>SU tries to be a drama
Casual detected

that's still Steven Universe and not Steven Universe Future

SUF Amethist is cute!

Attached: mpc-hc64 40760.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

this, spinel is the only good thing that came out of this shitshow, she a hottie

Attached: plumb.jpg (256x400, 17K)

I remember that. It was pretty fun.

Nah I think they were just wearing stilts

I miss season 1 bros

Perfect example of what's wrong with this show : a lack of improvement spirit. There was plenty of room for improvement both in animation and writing, yet Sugar opted to rest in her laurels after she got people's attention with Jail Break.

We all do. It wasn't perfect, but there was actual some heart and effort in there. Geniune heart.

>Perfect example of what's wrong with this show
Why are you using the present?
This show ended.
It's
>what was wrong with this show
Because now there is SUF

They just aren't good at their jobs. But they'll excuse it because "it's art."

That's the whole culture around this show, trying to excuse mediocrity.

Talk about a budget cut. Geez.

This. It also worked with early Adventure Time, since it also didn't take itself very seriously. Let's be honest here, AT was the spiritual succesor to Flapjack. Nearly all of the writers and storyboarders from AT came from that show. They jumped ship inmediately after it got cancelled.

They're still the same thing really. Same animation, art style and writing style.

You won the medal of feeling special for liking something nobody does. S1 was the worst season, even worse than Zuke.
And if you miss it you lie at yourself

I'm sure this

They should've put more effort. In fact, they should've taken it as an obligation. Sugar decided to make a show that tackles some heavy themes and is aimed at the LGBT sector. You'd think that she'd take her job more seriously, at least for her fanbase.

Because you gotta work on other people's stuff first if you wanna get your talent noticed.

Ocean Gem to Jail Break / Sworn to the Sword was the show at its peak. It all went downhill afterwards, and really fast.

>.
Ward worked on Random Cartoons and Flapjack before making AT, so it's not all bad.

Steven Universe Future is infinitely worse than Steven Universe, and that's a fucking accomplishment.

Now you won the prize of snowflaking.
The ones who thinks "SU should have ended at Ocean Gem" are just contrarians that wants to feel special by liking something others don't.

>Steven Universe Future is infinitely worse than Steven Universe, and that's a fucking accomplishment.
AND SO?
I'm talking about not talking about the now-ended Steven Universe because Steven Universe Future is on.
Literally discuss about it but leave the old SU out of this

>You shouldn't discuss old thing
>Discuss new thing, even if new thing sucks
Yeah go fuck yourself buddy

I said that Ocean Gem was the point where the show started to get really good, not where it should've ended.

But it's not the same show, so when we talks about SU we have to use the past

Whatever, i'm not they needed to add a different name to a 20 eps expansion. This isn't like, say, Ben 10 Alien Force or something.

SUfags are desperate to keep discussion going on their shit show

>that hard cut to them full body walking while steven now looks like a dwarf

Attached: 1579993195804.png (282x252, 63K)

You keep parroting this, but Camp Lazlo did that first. Hell, that's where Van Orman learned it.

>the closest screening of the new Digimon movie is over an hour away
>but the fucking Steven Universe sing along will be playing in the next town over
Fuck Fathom Events.

Attached: hqdefault (11).jpg (480x360, 18K)

Gems can change and shift the size and shape of their bodies.
Sadie is also a gem that was just never revealed

No one on the crew has a spine and just let's the boarders do whatever they want. The fact that Zuke was essentially running the show for half a season is a testament to how incompetent Becky is as a leader.

Call them with their real name.
Rebecca and Jess Zuke (Zuke is a male now IIRC)

>The next town over is less than an hour away

Fucking east coast fags and your living in a real state with an actual population. Quit lording it over us.

Zuke is a non binary or trans ?

Wait Zuke is a guy now? Jesus

There's always been episodes with good and bad boarders. You want me to grab comparisons of season 1 Hellen and season 3 Joe and Jeff?

This isn't a seasons issue, it's a wild varying skill levels among the team issue, and it's been a thing the whole life of the show.

"Fanbase"

I find very funny how the LGBT community is the more stingy at give financial support to any media
Still the most vocal

Attached: 1559946970661.jpg (300x334, 67K)

Cartoon Network greenlit the series.

Is he size manipulation ability?

Whoever manages SU is a shitty manager, he can't keep standards, and everything looks like those amateur youtube collaboration, and being a professional job, it doesn't look stylized it looks lazy

Well, that is Rebecca Sugar.
Who is also the head at storyboards most of the time.

Lets face it, that is the result of nepotism in the entertainment industry
Say about convicted rapists like Weinstein and Krifalusci what you want, at fucking least they knew how to sell a product.

Compared to all the furry cartoons I grew up with?

Its not much different than Gem and Transformers watched back-to-back.

Kricfalusi was a professional. He was fired for not delivering the episodes on schedule, since he wanted the timing and animation to be good. Sugar and her crew just churn out eps without much care anymore.

hi john
molest any girls lately?

It's Rebecca Sugar's design
youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E

And so?
The design is unappealing over the real show onw