“ We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries, and he will be free...

“ We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries, and he will be free, free to forge his own destiny.”

Attached: C1422B0D-CA2B-4A75-8415-5C57C772C889.jpg (1200x500, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7Yl5SEh04M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the movie was actually alright

what a shit of jew messiha crap..

Attached: 15830552218100.jpg (605x807, 94K)

>"...he will be free, free to forge his own destiny"
>"Oh by the way Kal-El, wear this suit I tailor-made especially for you so you can be a symbol to these aliens"
What did Goyer mean by this?

Attached: Capture.jpg (595x364, 31K)

It was flawed but it was still a good movie.

The S stands for Hope

If I never see another Live action Superman movie thread on this board. I will convert.

Halt, invulnerable offspring.

What the fuck am I reading?

Talk To Transformer. A neural net that will complete phrases you give it.

"Should I have just let those people die, dad?"
"...Maybe."

A Superman movie that can't even get Pa Kent right is not a "good movie."

It was an important movie.
I don't want to make it into a "Marvel vs. DC" thing because fuck both companies, honestly. But it did make me appreciate that while the directors and writers over across the street were taking big liberties, the liberties they were taking could've been a lot fucking worse. Shit, it made me more appreciative of other modern comic adaptations in general. I mean, fuck the Daredevil and Green Lantern movies, but FUCK Man of Steel.

Yeah, watching Man of Steel and everything after, I just got this feeling like, "Wow, man. You don't get this character at all." And I don't mean Cavill. Guy was fine as Superman. It was the writing and the directing that tanked it.

Pa Kent's whole thing in the movie is he wants to protect his son at all costs. He knows what happens if people find out that Clark is an alien and he's wondering if he would trade the lives of all the other kids for his own child's. You have to understand parents to know that's a very real thought.

This doesn't make sense considering that Superman is literally the most powerful person on Earth. The fuck is anyone going to do to Clark?

Did you forget that he's a child that had trouble controlling his powers? He locked himself in a room at school until his mother picked him up. And that doesn't even take into account that their quiet lives would be over regardless of how capable Clark could be. Did you even watch the movie?

Pa Kent was wrong and he died wrong. Thanks, Snyder.

>Pa Kent is a cynical, paranoid jerk who assumes the worst of humanity and tries to teach Clark to only look out for his own
This is peak 21st century writing.

I will never get over this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=W7Yl5SEh04M

I really liked that line. Pa Kent can be Superman's moral bedrock and still be wrong sometimes. The guy loved his son. It was the dog scene that deserved ridicule.

This move had the BEST design for Superman out of all the DCEU movies.
The suit was great, musclesuit they used wasn't as bulky, shiny and as segmented as later ones, the buckle of the "belt" was round and had a more organic feel. Even the hair was cooler
This movie had kino design for eveything kryptonian, even the penis prison

>The classic whoosh sfx
Always puts a smile on my face

Most people remember Pa's stints but
>Jor-El, genetically designed to be one of the smartest Kryptonians, who wants to keep his son safe keeps provoking Zod towards himself and his family with information for no discernible reason
>Years later Zod is viciously assaulting Kal El for reasons he barely has context for.
Both of Clark's fathers were assholes, really.

Attached: 1382578467634.gif (396x290, 290K)

Soap

>Let's not give a child a chance of direction to a path and information about his origins

Superman already lives two lives. He can be an alien and pretend to be human. He has freedom already.

I love the way Krypton is a statement against eugenics. The planet died and the Krypton society failed because they kept all the control.

And yet, this Pa Kent is terrible. Everything about Jor-El and Zod make me love this movie, but every single scene of Lois, the military and Pa Kent is complete garbage. Killing Zod in a burst of despair broke the whole "my symbol means hope" thing the movie was trying to do.

Ma Kent is okay.

The "first flight" scene is magnificent. And the speech Jor-el gives mentions almost all Justice League, if you recognize the references.

STOP! MY INVINCIBLE SON
Pa Kent was the worst part of the movie, the rest was really great

Attached: 1557906901235.jpg (853x353, 33K)

The planet died because they ignored the genetically designed superscientist's warning.

they were genetically designed to be a bunch of dumbasses

They should've design themselves to always listen to the smarter people then

I don't think what is effectively mandatory designer babies is the same thing as eugenics, user.

Exactly. I was under the impression that they had designed themselves to be pseudo-vulcans in that regard, and the fact they they ignored their top genetically-designed-from-the-ground-up superscientist always felt like a massive plothole.