ITT: ships that make zero sense but are popular for some reason

ITT: ships that make zero sense but are popular for some reason

Attached: 73414145_460988521495547_974427298894185962_n.jpg (1080x1080, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/end9b08P
youtube.com/watch?v=LfvqCOWecxY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You’re just mad that Connie and Steven are breaking up. They were terrible together.

Attached: 8E4D43B6-458F-43AD-958D-A9E01ED01F35.jpg (1245x1350, 209K)

>Me??
>CHEAT?!
>I would never! Hehe ~
BUILT FOR BGC (BIG GREG COCK)

I'm just laughing at how Steven is shipped with a gem who's only interaction with him was either trying to kill him and his planet for bullshit reasons, being an annoying and clingy child around him when she had her memories wiped, was unhealthily attached to Steven and thought they were friends after the part they were in the garden, even though he at no point in the film was interested in being her friend, or how he handed her off to the Diamonds so she wouldn't be in his life anymore

>You’re just mad that Connie and Steven are breaking up. They were terrible together.
At least Connie never tried to murder him and his friends. Hell Connie became a skilled swordswoman just so she could protect Steven. Spinel hasn't done anything for Steven other than nearly destroyed the world peace he worked so hard to achieve and also kill him and cause a genocide because she was too dumb to actually stand for that long and never go after Pink

they may be breaking up but spinel would be lucky go get anything beyond a line in the last episodes

NO

>or how he handed her off to the Diamonds so she wouldn't be in his life anymore
He didn't even need to do that though, before this she was preparing to literally walk out of his life because she acknowledged that she's sabotaged any chance she could've had of being a regular friend to him.

Is this the new Spinel thread?

Attached: 91524b69c23b92b1aee2b9032e0d8b93.jpg (480x480, 53K)

He never even offered her the opportunity to stay on Earth. Dude didn't even extend an invite to Spinel to visit him whenever she wanted. Steven did not want Spinel in his life and was happy to see her leave. Nor did he say goodbye, wave, or hug her goodbye.

Lapiven >>>>>>>>Stevinel

At least Steven likes Lapis

Attached: 6e8.png (680x935, 877K)

Can't argue with that, not like I would. I'm a solid lapiven shipper but I do love supporting folks who enjoy Spineven

Attached: f960490b3f485ffcce10f326798c446d.jpg (736x961, 82K)

Stevinel is garbage because Steven never liked Spinel and wanted her to leave
Lapiven is cute because they both genuinely love each other, maybe not romantically but they have a close bond, something Spinel will never get

Attached: 1486613137549.png (1280x680, 438K)

Shipping wars are silly for the same reason waifu wars are. Everybody’s going to have their own preferences, people don’t ship or waifu because it makes sense, it’s not a decision based on logic. People pick characters they find appealing or identity with personally.

Well I was talking about the shippers themselves but if we're getting to the bread and butter that is the canon and pushing fanart to the side then yeah Spineven have very shallow ground.
When Lapis took the ocean it was to escape, not to directly harm the planet, unlike Spinel who did so out of petty rage and a need to hurt others.
It's actually funny how crummy they're interacting was only to produce some of the most wholesome content out there.
I feel that, one of my big squeezes is two characters who only interaction was a hug, but i ship them cause they're personality and life choices fit like a glove to me.

Attached: e2975fd39aa800c3a24f5c0a0ae34644.jpg (736x827, 113K)

Which is why images like pic related are fucking hilarious because Steven wasn't even close to being like this in the film. And there's a lot of images out there of Steven hugging Spinel, comforting her while she cries, being her friend, whatever even though in the film he was kind of an ass to her

Attached: 1583108673275.png (1280x1347, 1.29M)

>makes zero sense
have you even seen the movie?

Attached: 1582573401329.jpg (750x770, 302K)

I have. And it was clear that Steven never wanted to be friends with Spinel. The song found had Steven sing about Spinel finding "someone" to love, but that someone be anyone else, not him. That is why he said "Yes, but no" when Spinel thought Steven was abandoning and using her so she could turn the injector off. Steven was gonna forget about her once he got Garnet's memories back. He didn't reassure her he would be back or asked her to help him with Garnet. He was just gonna...leave her.
He didn't even offer her to stay on Earth at the end of the movie. He gave her to the Diamonds. He never hugged her. He hugged Connie, Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet, and Greg after he ran off from Spinel. But he never did the same with her. Never even waved goodbye. Or tried to convince her to stay when she felt she messed up with him.

How does it make sense to ship them if Steven never even liked her?

Steven x Spinel is a garbage ship

People project onto MCs, regardless of context. Viewer wants Spinel, therefore they ignore all logic and try to force the MC together with her.

And yet Steven x Connie is still way more popular than Steven x Spinel

And the most popular ships for SU are lesbian gem ones. Lapis x Peridot is probably the most popular ship in the fandom

I said people, not everyone.

Is this shit the new tactic that "Connverse is toxic" user is taking after everyone stopped taking that bait?

Spinel is for Steven to abuse

Attached: 0B6C0B08-9813-486C-B8DA-918ECD8B93FE.jpg (933x933, 188K)

No.

pastebin.com/end9b08P
Take it.

I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=LfvqCOWecxY

Shipping and projecting onto characters is far more common among female fans than it is male fans. Most guys just want to fuck the characters themselves rather than projecting onto a male cartoon character. So it's probably more likely a lot of femanons feel sympathy towards or project onto Spinel.

FPBP

That’s what I do at least

Why wouldn’t it make sense? Once they were in the garden Steven seemed to care about her and felt bad for her. It’s not like he was gonna ditch her once she turned off the Injector, and Steven was actually pretty nice to her after the scene in the garden. Way nicer to her when she was in her old, childish form. I don’t even know where this “Steven never wanted to be her friend” meme came from. It was Spinel who decided to leave.

Holy shit this is fucking cute. Fuck off all the other shippers. Specially the Lapivenpedos

They’re both good ships
Too bad we’ll never get wholesome Steven and Spinel moments in Future
But at least we’ve had some nice Lapis and Steven moments. And Peridot and Steven moments.

>GOAT tier
Lapiven
Stevphrite
Stars

>Good
Connverse
Stevidot
Steven+Pink Steven/Stevencest

>Meh
Steedee
Stevinel
Volleyven
Stevin
Ships with random gems who haven’t interacted with him

>Bad
Ships where his interactions with the other gem were mostly “YOU’RE ROSE QUARTZ”/“NO I’M NOT”

>Oh Shit What Are You Doing
Crystal Gem trio
Diamonds
Greven

Attached: 5BB4583E-7E6F-4764-BA0B-B4E097C4C93A.png (3061x4000, 3.76M)

I have always hated this ship more than most because it relies on how awkward and inconsistent Lapis is as a character and blatant self-inserting.

I personally rank Stevinel higher because there is clear potential for it if they could get chemistry together post-movie

I like it less for self-inserting and more for because I like her dynamic with Steven
I don’t even really ship them desu because I see them as being really good friends

Same