Can we stop with this trope?

Can we stop with this trope?

Attached: bad villains.jpg (1224x1448, 429K)

Just a cartoon, bro.

None of those characters did anything wrong.

When did you guys become such nerds about morals?

2 out of 4 of those examples are from the same cartoon and the shittiest one by far at that.

And you all know shes next.

Attached: 1859ce9b00bab3e6de5c3667f3caf7e6810e9020r1-1200-800v2_00.jpg (512x341, 19K)

stop watching shitty cartoons made for fat ugly 16 year old wh*te girls

And you forgot
>Killed over 1 million magical beings
>For just for some boy cock without any punishment

I can also see Steven also heading towards the same path and at the end, he will not be punished for being such an asshole.

Attached: 1512527325952.png (900x1665, 310K)

I mean, they sort of did the same for Sasuke and Orochimaru who were both also pretty bad actors.

I get that in the cartoon, the moral dilemma they are presenting is something like:
>If someone has done bad deeds, but now they have completely rehabilitated and are no longer harmful, does it do any good to punish them? Does making them suffer undo their misdeeds? Is it really justice, or is it revenge? Is there a difference?

And that's a fine dialogue to have, but the problem is that it doesn't make for a sympathetic character to make them be the focus of that dialogue.
I remember back when some webcomic was mentioned here and on /trash/ that apparently one of the "protagonists" in teh group was implied to be a pedophile or other sort of predator, and they were too useful/powerful to be rejected from helping, so there was just tension surrounding them at all times (one of the MC's had a child.)

I think that could be compelling writing. If the creepy protagonist never actually acts on anything and is shown to be torn to shreds over their paraphilia and ultimately gets brainwashed "normal", then that seems like some sort of satisfying conclusion to their drama

If they rape the MC's kid and then get brainwashed to not be a pedophile and that's all the comeuppance they get, sure, they can no longer cause harm, but it's not going to endear readers to them to suddenly get all "But punishing them is just revenge!"

Forgot about him

Attached: odShBeYV.jpg (400x225, 9K)

>If someone has done bad deeds, but now they have completely rehabilitated and are no longer harmful, does it do any good to punish them? Does making them suffer undo their misdeeds? Is it really justice, or is it revenge? Is there a difference?
This is bullshit because a lot of these crimes deserve time in prison, and giving special treatment to a villain because "they are good now" is ridiculous. Especially because in those very shows, there are other villains who have done less damage to the heroes, but they did suffer punishment for their actions. The characters in that picture don't get any because they were sad about it.

>16
more like 25, womanchildren are more of a thing now

Oh, I'm not agreeing with any of the bullshit in the OP image, I just understand that the argument could be made regarding rehabilitation and punishment.

Voltron was shit, SU is the least compelling character drama I've ever seen (the characters are all worse people than The Gang from Sunny, characters who are all supposed to be terrible people by design), and I've never watched Tangled.

>muh deserve
Justice should be about protection, not muh feelings.
Vengeance against people only trying to help does not accomplish anything.
Also,
>self-improvement is a trope
This is what I hate about justicecunts - they think that everything must be about ensuring things never improve, in favour of predefined good and evil, and

Attached: 4EADD647-D1D0-43E2-BE18-5808AECF8914.jpg (3688x4262, 2.52M)

that image is an abomination and you should be ashamed of posting it.
Also, no need to fucking kill them, but at least put them in prison. That's not justice out of revenge, that is actual justice

I mean you always need to have a moral about forgiving your enemies and not being vindictive in kids' cartoon

That's not how Batman the animated series was handled. Batman beats them up and sends them to jail. That's how punishment works!

They don't have to be vindictive, but if characters are just allowed to do whatever they want then there's no way we can take their stories seriously. And the examples on the image are from shows that want to be taken seriously.
The heroes don't have to kill the villains or torture them for their crimes, they can personally forgive them, but at least put them in jail, or make them do some community service. That way, the villains get sympathy and still are friends with the heroes, but suffer a little bit for their actions. its the perfect ending, and yet the examples above decide to let them get away with crime, teaching kids that they are allowed to do anything you want as long as you feel bad about it.

Batman TAS had Batman punching villains and putting them in jail for their crimes, but he also was sympathetic to some of them because of their tragic pasts. Freeze, Two-Face and Harley Quinn are examples where he sympathizes with people but ultimately puts them in jail for their misdeeds. It's not just "punch a bad guy and don't think about it", there where episodes where Batman felt bad about his rouge gallery but did the right thing anyway. Clayface doesn't get to walk away from his crimes just because he's sad that hes a blob now.

Came to post this

>being a total cunt to his brother because of "MUH EMOTIONS"
>She ended up causing the end of the world
>She doesn't get punished at the end
Why are women so shit?

Attached: face of hell.png (1067x1858, 819K)

Only new cartoons do this, don't make the stakes so fcuking high if you're planning on dishing redemptions

Thunderbirds had one of the henchmen turn good at the last second and he STILL got arrested for his crimes.

Wasn't there also an episode where the villain was a guy who ran a nightmare prison because he regarded the inmates and subhuman trash?

I wouldn't watch No Country For Old Men if I were you. A Clockwork Orange as well.

Cassandra got off scot free? Well, it's a Disney show, shouldn't really be expecting anything different.

Difference between that image and those movies is that those movies have a thematic reason on why the bad guy gets away with everything, and its not treated as a good thing. Alex and Chigurh winning isn't meant to be seen as a happy resolution, its meant to be depressing and miserable.
The villains from the shows in that picture don't win and get away with it, they lose but are forgiven for their awful crimes. And it's treated as a good thing that they aren't criticized by anyone after they tormented them for a long time.

Spinel should have stayed on earth, helped clean up the mess she made, and maybe try to fix things with Steven, become friends (actual friends, not her unhealthily attaching herself to him), and work on her issues while making new friends in Beach City. Have her in SUF, maybe either taking classes at Little Homeworld or helping out there. Hell it woulda been interesting to see how she would react to Steven’s own worsening mental health.
Her going off with the Diamonds was a bullshit ending that the writers probably only did so they wouldn’t have to write for her again. The animators probably are glad they don’t have to deal with her crazy movements again. And not only has her avoid punishment for her actions, but also doesn’t give her a proper chance to redeem herself.

>Dominator gets offered redemption
>tells entire galaxy to fuck off and walks away, lonely and broken down
WOY keeps winning from beyond the grave

I've only seen the first show, but she and the evil dictator were both good guys who were driven to insanity by going into the magic dimension. They were apparently just freed from it by dying.

But by the last season, that effect wore off in Haggar. She remembered who she was and the reason she went dimension-hopping was so she could have her family back. Zarkon was the one who remained brainwashed by that magic dimension until his death, and nobody ever pitied him or felt sorry for him. Haggar has no excuse for her interdimensional genocide.

I mean, Batman is pretty clear about his whole shtick
>I am vengeance!
>I am the night!
>I am Batman!

Outside of Vegeta, how many male characters get this treatment?

None.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Absolutely based

Attached: 1544754805397.png (870x800, 281K)

It will only stop when people start makeing it about the gender of the vilians not redemption arcs

>Does a lot of collateral damage towards his town
>Solves it
>Doesn't get punished

I think I found a male that's worthy!

Attached: character_large_332x363_jimmy.jpg (480x524, 29K)

Haggar was corrupted by space demon parasite things that make you an undead vampire.

...Show probably should've fucking followed up on that instead of making Haggarr the big bad in the final season, but hey, that would've required the writers to plan out more than the first 2/3 of their show.

When normies stopped giving a fuck about them.

Sorry user, women cannot be held accountable for their misconduct because the patriarchy made them do it.