If he was so omniscient, then why did he fall for Stan's trick?

If he was so omniscient, then why did he fall for Stan's trick?

Attached: images (36).jpg (501x613, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QcEEIJhFRks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Argumental convenience

Just because you know everything doesn’t mean you’re always thinking with that knowledge at the forefront of your mind.
I’m sure a lot of people know they shouldn’t pull in front of a car but still do it anyways

desu a lot of shit about Bill doesn't make sense if you think about it for more than a second.

He's actually a good guy and was saving the earth from a greater evil.

Fun fact Bill laugh can be heard in the mystery shack right after dipper and mables speech.

He knows LOTS of things, not EVERYthing.
Or maybe it’s just bad writing idk.
Is it even possible to write a truly omniscient villain?

FPBP

He wasn’t. I don’t know where people get the idea he’s omnipotent and omniscient

No. Just follow the logic. All paths are the path of least resistance to someone who has all powerful foresight and knowledge. It would be like trying to fight against a universal constant.

>Is it even possible to write a truly omniscient villain?
Yes, but technically his plans can't be foiled.

Like Satan from christianism for example, he knows that there is no way he can beat an omnipotent being so he rebel against God knowing full well his fate, his plan was technically just rebel and fuck the most shit up he can before being send to hell even though what he truly wanted was the be the king of the world. He is still a tragic figure that suffer humiliation and pain but no one stopped his plans.

Kinda like a mentally ill mass shooter.

he isn't omniscient
he's a fucking retard, he spent years inside Ford's head and he couldn't tell the difference. not that the show was doing him much favor with Stanley's inexplicable ability to perfectly mimic his brother's voice, they literally just had JK Simmons read his lines, despite not seeing his brother for decades.

Attached: 3fa66ebcb03737c575625964bef2a372519ed9f0_hq.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

They had JK Simmons make his voice more gravely while Hirsch spoke in a more dramatic tone.

>bad writing
this

Holy fuck you're right!!!

Aside from the obviously different voices, they have physical differences too - different hair color, Ford has a cleft chin, and Ford is skinnier than Stan.

>He knows LOTS of things
This. His powers have limits.

Does anyone else think it was lame how Stan regained his memory at the end? It really took out most if any impact of his sacrifice and made a good ending into an okay ending for me.

Attached: 1200px-Zim_thinking.svg.png (1200x1697, 120K)

Common sense and rules of thumb aren't the same as actually knowing all the exact things happening around you.

>technically his plans can't be foiled
You're thinking "omnipotent." If a villian is omniscient, he could still be vulnerable or incapable in many ways.

It'd probably work best as a tragic villain who doesn't care about his life. Maybe he even foresees a bunch of evil things he'll commit, so he simply views himself as the agent of fate.

Yep, that was a big disappointment for a lot of people when the finale first dropped.
It's a hallmark of lazy writing to undo a sacrifice like that. Especially since we're not talking about Stan dying a gruesome death or something, just a heartstring-puller.

What if he knew how to become omnipotent?

Because he was so excited about the thought of finally getting the equation that he didn't pay attention to anything else. The Pines family are lucky he was too stupid/giddy to focus on his surroundings or they would've been fucked.

Didn't Hirsch say he was? I think that was one of his main character traits, or at least it was supposed to be. He was touted as an "all powerful god that can see everything".

>Consistent trickster and liar character trying to exert his power over the protagonists.
>Says he's all knowing and all powerful.
Guys...I think he may have been lying...

I thought the idea was that he has access to a lot of information (cause he's ancient and has eyes and ears everywhere) so he's essentially all knowing, but he doesn't know things as soon as there is something to know

That wasn't lazy writing, that was Disney.
Hirsch has said his original plan was to end the series on a bittersweet note, without Stan regaining his memories, but with signs they were coming back eventually.

Disney didn't like that and demanded a straight happy up ending (in before Hirsch was bullshitting to save face, because someone here will insist on it).

That sounds more plausible and was probably the original idea, but I guess fans just interpreted that as omnipotent/omniscient and ran with that, and then Hirsch didn't bother to correct them.

Yeah, if he was omniscient, he wouldn’t have to make his goons look for Dipper and if he was omnipotent, he would have just left the town, and going back to the omniscient thing, would have just known how to get out of the weirdness magnet

Some people hated it but I loved that they basically turned his character into a bratty frat boy rather than making him some suave polished villain like Toffee. It was more entertaining that way and it truly suited his character.

I miss the hype I felt when Dreamscaperers was first being promoted and he was showing up. Still remember watching it on the youtube livestream by that guy that helped with the online stuff of the series.

is satan your fucking husbando or something

Why wouldn't he be?

Attached: Vh22HP9.jpg (749x470, 74K)

>cause he's ancient and has eyes and ears everywhere
I assumed whenever someone drew the illuminati symbol that was his gateway to seeing things. Or at least, I feel like that was something they might have touched on but good lord as much as I was into this series as it was airing I've already forgotten lots of things about it.

>Hirsch has said his original plan was to end the series on a bittersweet note, without Stan regaining his memories, but with signs they were coming back eventually.
When? I remember when the series first ended there were comments from him that he couldn't bear to leave it on a bittersweet ending like that. I specifically remember the threads about it.

I mean, he was literally the prettiest angel, and didn't kill anyone in the Bible

kinda off-topic reply here
why did Lynch decline this role but then goes on to voice act in Seth MacFarlane shite?

I love the guy, but man, he sure is weird

Attached: 1543431635194.jpg (522x450, 30K)

Gonna go out on a limb and say that like most artists he can't be fully satisfied unless he knows some people are confused or upset by his decisions.

Probably because MacFarlane was already well known in the business and it was established that his shows were successful. Hirsch didn't have experience as a show-runner before GF and no one knew what he was capable of yet, so Lynch probably declined because he was unfamiliar with him and there was no guarantee that GF would be a hit. That's just what I assume though, because I can't think of any other reason.

well that's a shame
I think it would have been interesting to see him joining the cast, even though Hirsch is pretty much perfect as Bill

youtu.be/QcEEIJhFRks

Attached: 1463977232031.jpg (538x810, 47K)

Because he didn't show me his underpants.

Yeah Lynch's voice would've been totally great for Bill, but after hearing Hirsch voice him it's hard for me to imagine it any other way.

Same. I mean, it's a show for kids. I doubt Disney would allow Alex to make the show depressing.

It was foretold in prophecy!

Basically it's like how Skynet signs it's own death warrant by creating time travel

Or like how the gloating green orb in Heavy Metal showed the future to see his own death and just die infront of the little girl.

This

>I assumed whenever someone drew the illuminati symbol that was his gateway to seeing things.
Im pretty sure this was outright confirmed in the show

Attached: images.jpg (640x360, 23K)

It's all inconsistent, he apparently has free reign to do whatever he wants to reality (although his reach is only confined to Gravity Falls). He even manages to take control of time once he disintegrates Time Baby and yet he gets harmed by a mech despite having godlike powers

Who said he's omniscient besides himself?