Literal Yellowface

> Literal Yellowface.
How did Omi not receive any blacklash for his design? Did this show just come out at the right time and SJWs didn't exist? But how did the sequel survive?

Attached: yellowface.jpg (3264x1318, 549K)

>But how did the sequel survive?
It got cancelled after one season, that's hardly surviving.

He's yellow because of the sundrop

Creator is Chinese

Because he is a fun character

Attached: StaffOfficerBlackNV.png (640x480, 147K)

What's yellowface ?

Seeing as there other asians who aren't yellow most probably just think it's a skin condition.

SJW didn't exist and tumblr was never made. Go figure.

Its a mediocre cartoon that most people are unaware of, let alone care about.

Back then it was hard to get a computer. You ended up going to a local library to create a server for fans of the show. Even so, there was no one plaining about racism. It was only a show.

*complaining

The sequel came out in 2013, and they added to the main cast another yellow dude called Ping Pong. To be fair, it's not his real name, but still.

Forgot pic

Attached: 91uPHaWkZaL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 543K)

Tumblr had a problem with it.

omi was based. ping pong was a faggot.

That's funny and based

It would have to be a white actor wearing makeup to be considered "yellowface". It's not a reference to the actual color yellow, it refers to the practice of putting white actors in makeup instead of using actors of the proper race.
protip: your emojis are default yellow because that's how the asians who designed them and buy the most of them want it.

It lasted 3 seasons.

Quelle surprise.

Omi was some weird abomination.

Attached: Truth or Lie.webm (854x480, 2.87M)

Xiaolin Showdown lasted three seasons. Xiaolin Chronicles lasted one.

The creator is literally a Chinese woman.

Technically that makes it four.

The creator is Chinese, and Omi is Tibetan and his design actually is racism

No it doesn't? Xiaolin Chronicles was a sequel series. It only lasted a single season.

I hate that Jack never became a good guy

Attached: 1465871573808.png (702x517, 306K)

>Shaolin Dragon of Metal never

Was it ever planned to actually happen?

Back in 2013 there was a guy who claimed to be a writer for the show, and he said Jack was supposed to turn good and become the dragon of metal but it was never actually confirmed.

That's kind of awful, sure there's a lot of questionable stuff about Omi but there was a character there that people could like,

Ping Pong is just saying I'm making Omi but without the charm, and kind of more racist

he is too good to be a good guy.

>he said Jack was supposed to turn good and become the dragon of metal but it was never actually confirmed
If it was true, ehh I'm not sure how I would feel about that because I really like Season 2 as it is.

>How did Omi not receive any blacklash for his design?
It wasnt 2016 yet

Reminder that Xiaolin Chronicles gave Chase Young a pseudo-incestuous relationship with his clone-daughter and also had an unrelated episode where he was m-preg

Wasn't it mentioned that Omi isn't actually Chinese?

No

I don't think it was popular enough for people to notice/care

He's just a smiley face with a body, I don't see the issue?

there was dudes saying the design was racist but talk just stayed in cartoon circles