THE OUTSIDE WORLD IS OUR ENEMY, MORT. WE'RE THE ONLY FEHH-FRIENDS WE GOT, MORT. IT'S JUST DEATH AND MORT...

>THE OUTSIDE WORLD IS OUR ENEMY, MORT. WE'RE THE ONLY FEHH-FRIENDS WE GOT, MORT. IT'S JUST DEATH AND MORT. DUH-EATH AND MORT AND THEIR ADVENTURES, MORT. DEATH AND MORT FOREVER AND FOREVER, 100 YEARS, DEATH AND MORT'S THINGS. ME AND DEATH AND MORT RUNNING AROUND AND... DEATH AND MORT TIME. ALL DAY LONG, FOREVER... ALL- A HUNDRED DAYS. DEATH AND MORT FOREVER A HUNDRED TIMES. OVER AND OVER, DEATHANDMORTADVENTURES.COM. WWW.DEATHANDMORT.COM. WWW.DEATHANDMORTADVENTURES. ALL 100 YEARS. EVERY MINUTE, DEATHANDMORT.COM. WWW.100TIMESDEATHANDMORT.COM.

You read this in Christopher Lee's voice, didn't you?

Attached: resena-mort-terry-pratchett-L-5d2IXI.jpg (460x243, 15K)

>spoiler

Goddamn it, not until I read that

>Once upon a time I would have been in favor of a Disney version of Mort.
Hell of a bullet to dodge there.

He voices Death in the animated versions of Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music. Check them out if you already haven't.

They were going to do it but the suits at Disney wanted to "drop the Death angle" so Pratchett walked.

no

Then he really committed to the death angle.

eh

>drop the Death angle
The Onion-tier

Which one of the books would actually be the most Disney-friendly to adapt?

>They were going to do it but the suits at Disney wanted to "drop the Death angle" so Pratchett walked.

Not what happened at all. Concept art has Death front and center and Pratchett, after being show an early story reel, was apparently enthusiastic.

What killed it was the holding company Pratchett sold the Discworld film rights to was only willing to sell them as a package deal. Disney just wanted the rights to Mort with an option to do more if they wanted. Neither side backed down and the project died.

Honestly, I think Disney should've bit the bullet and bought the package. It'd let them bring in more elements from the other books like New Death and Death as a human.

None, really, except for the Tiffany Aching series and the Educated Rodents one-off. Possibly the earlier ones as well when it was more a high fantasy parody instead of social satire.

Nanny Ogg needs to be shared with the world.

Attached: DvQIjBGWoAEpM_s.jpg (966x1200, 215K)

>Disney not wanting to buy something out completely
what bizarro world did I stumble into?

They'd probably make her and Granny Margrat's sidekicks and pretty them up.

None. They mamaged to fuck up Alice in Wonderland thrice. Why would you want them to adapt anything?

Please don't compare Death to Rick. Death is actually a nice bone man.

I was actually comparing Mort to Morty.

I think Neil Gaiman said that the execs wanting to drop Death from the story was a factor too. Seriously, can you even imagine what Disney's take on Mort without Death would be like?

This was before they bought Star Wars and Marvel.
I thought that was for an earlier live action adaptation? I can't imagine Clements and Musker aren't savvy enough to drop an idea if the Execs are gonna be dumb.

The real tragedy is we missed out on a thicc goth disney princess

Attached: Death%2Bkeli%2Bmort%2Band%2Bysabel.jpg (340x609, 51K)

From the concept art it looks like Ysabel was gonna be a big part of it

Attached: mort5-e1459429672137.jpg (740x464, 251K)

*duchess

That's for the merchandise to decide

She becomes a duchess at the end of the book. But Sto Helit ends up merged into Keli's Sto Lat so her and Mort's titles are just a courtesy anyway. Susan sure doesn't spend any time duchessing.

This was around the time before they had brought Marvel and around the time Tangled was just debuting if not earlier. They were still not sure they could get away with consuming everything and doing so would be too risky of a commitment.

Then they brought Marvel and they realized they can just buy whatever they want rather than put effort.

Mulan is a soldier, Moana and Pocahontas are chiefs' daughters, and Tiana is a chef.

Princess in Disneyland just means "marketable female role model".

I remember the book mostly because Mort kept calling her ugly. It was off-putting.