Why does the Night King attack at all? Why doesn't he just siege Winterfell until most everyone dies and then attack...

Why does the Night King attack at all? Why doesn't he just siege Winterfell until most everyone dies and then attack? He doesn't even have to siege, he can just chill in the woods. There's a gorillion mouths to feed, food can't last Winterfell the entire winter right? Even if he just waits a month or two they'll be weakened and much easier to defeat. Why does he attack at all? Why is he in such a hurry?

Attached: nkcover.jpg (767x431, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7S9DMGYRAI
youtube.com/watch?v=K34lCM-PxQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cuz the script says so

arrogance

what if thats exactly what the next 5 episodes are

night man just stands where we last saw him

castle characters devolve and eat each other alive

he has a small amount of time

until?

>because he's a force of nature and obeys instinct?
>because he needs to hurry up for some plot reason that hasnt been revealed yet.
>arrogance
>DnD poor writing skills
>GRRM bad writing skills

summer

Winter lasts years in GoT. He could easily siege the Winterfell.

Five bucks on he is running right past castle Winterfell, waving to the morons who sit in there and straight to King's Landing.

i want them to leak like 5 episodes at once like they did last season or the one before or whatever. Waiting sucks, especially when it turns out to be a bad episode like last one.

Attached: 1433193732148.jpg (1600x1200, 942K)

in their continent yeah but not everywhere else

The last episode had his army right outside winterfell

He needs to get the Infinity Stones before Thanos

Winterfell has a greenhouse.
Not enough to feed a gorillion but is a food source.

Bran told you what's up. The Night King wants the Three Eyed Raven. Bran is currently the Raven. The Night King has to get Bran before he passes on his power to someone else.

Why wouldnt he attack? He will win anyway. Or what, you think two dragons are enough to stop him? He already oneshotted one and its not like his troops are not disposable.

why is davos called the engine night if there are no engines

What's bran gonna do, transfer his knowledge to another starving snow nigger? Roll out of Winterfell all the way to Essos? He can just wait for that special Olympics retard to starve like everyone else

Because he did exactly that in the past and people survived. White Walkers couldn't siege castles. Now he has a dragon, walls are no problem.

Why wait when you know you can successfully attack?
Taking casualties is a non-factor to this guy, and the if defenders know they’re badly outmatched, then he presumably knows or at least thinks that too.

Yeh im guessing WF has those same magic spells that were built into the Wall but ice dragon is a gamechanger

time travel back

I liked the 2nd episode more than the first, but overall both were mediocre to meh
also that image is kinda fucked up

It's a ruse.
If he were smart he's send 25% of his army to winterfell to keep them (and more importantly the dragons) occupied while he goes south to Kings Landing and slaughters everyone, increasing his army exponentially and giving him a virtually impenetrable stronghold

What is going in in the rest of the world? Are people telling stories of white walkers and everyone thinks they're fake like dragon stories?

Attached: 1535614790877.jpg (1656x2000, 421K)

Oh man, I can see the wankery of the upcoming poetic battle right away, fire versus ice. Both dragons are going to face and stare at each other for a while before spewing.

they should have just waited until winter had been going for many years and then slowly started to pick people off and isolate the holdfasts with everyone just slowly giving up.

>books says long winters have 100+ feet of snow at Winterfell
>show has 3/4 inch of snow covering 20% of the ground
Did they waste all of their budget on dragon cgi and can't afford snow effects?

The spell from burning shireen is still in effect.

Its been winter for like 5 minutes.

Because it's the last season dummy

The length of the seasons vary but it is implied that this is the return of "The long night", a winter that lasted a generation, if the legend is to be believed. It is also implied that the long Night is caused by the Others and that they need to be defeated to make it end.

>not enough time
7 years till next winter thats more than enough time to surround and siege winterfell to starve them out

"A true dance of dragons. Ice and fire. And we are here as witnesses." - Tyrion
t. Benioff

Never read the books or watched the show. Is this a villain that was developed properly from the first season or was he shoehorned in at the last second because of lazy writing?

Yeah first scene is about the white walkers

the goal is not to just take winterfell, brainlet. They are taking over all seven kingdoms. Do you imagine they will siege every single castle?

Neither. He's more of a grim reaper character that just shows up from time to time to slaughter people.

Both. He's been there all along kinda, but poorly written and an easy way out for the writers

The other castles won't have magic weapons that can kill the demons

when every retreats south (like they do in those leaks), the south will have weapons

He has enough to spread out to siege all castles, not just that, the moment ANYONE dies for ANY reason (and old and young people will start dying first due to the lack of supplies) they will have to burn their corpses which are even more wasted resources, eventually they will run out of ways to keep the heat and start massively dying from freezing.

He doesnt exist in the books(yet)
The show ties him in with a proper historical context that was explained in the books.

>(yet)

implying there will be other books

What's up with that King's superiors. Wasn't there a hall with three on a throne or something?

Gave up watching but where do all the dolthraki horses live?

The way the books are/how GRRM has talked about the lore, it sounds like the show Night King is probably an amalgamation of characters from the books.

>wherever they want to

>tells his 1 billion zombie army to kill everything that moves
>stays close enough to reanimate anything that dies, compounding the slaughter
>check that Bran died after everything is over
Literally can't lose but of course he's gonna go by himself to that tree and get YAAAAASSS'd by someone and the entire army will fall with him.

Because he can, he has an impossibly large horde of mindless expendable soldiers and his target is right there

and maybe his desire to kill Bran is some potent supernatural urge...? I dunno

An army.

He can resurrect bodies straight out of any cemetery or battlefield.

Population of King's Landing is at a million+ I believe. All it takes is one dead hooker in a brothel to cause more bodies to drop.

I'll bet you my cock and balls the night king doesnt even show up to that fucking dumbass tree to get Bran. And if he does, he somehow wins the encounter or escapes.

I'm predicting Arya fucking harpoon guns him but it doesn't outright kill him because he's so fucking powerful or something

He's forced to personally withdraw but the overall battle is lost

WHy does the Night King want all seven kingdoms anyway? What about the rest of the world?

>why doesn't this magical force that hasn't been explained just do this thing I think they should do
you're a fucking retard

ancient grudge against the children of the forest, who were only in westeros

It's the home of the children and he's scorched earthing their homeland

Aren't they all dead in the show?

He's bored

gotta destroy their memory, everything they built and stood for, etc.

oh right I forgot about those midgets who were totally irrelevant to the plot. Aren't they all dead?

they estimated his army to be around 100k ish 25% would mean around 25k zombies give or take, the vale alone could take that on if the show wasn't so inconsistent with numbers and army strengths, they'd figure something was wrong after a battle with far fewer zombies than they were expecting and they can legit outflank him from the rear with dothraki and vale cavalry while he's mucking about in the neck's swamps if he goes south there's a good chance of getting sandwiched between 2 armies
, they're only really on the defensive because of zombie numbers, they're not some unstoppable force.

Theres evidence that CoF were in Essos too. And dothraki legend seems to hint at knowing something of it.
Essos history just isnt as fleshed out as Westeros.

If you want a good siege try reading The Black Company.

he could seige them but why bother - he could split his army in half and still easily take Winterfell in a straight fight while the other half marches on further south

you starve people out during a siege because sieges are difficult and costly as fuck to your own forces

not an issue for infinite zombie army

>Cant wait a week for episodes
lmao fucking zoomer

people don't wait for shows anymore geezer

He's running from the Holy Midnight Emperor

>"yooooinks! right in my icicles!"

Attached: 1556021591245.jpg (456x696, 50K)

Is there any character this show doesn't ruin after S4?

Gendry

Attached: 3AD1B2C6-E9F2-44C2-9B57-0D29E4993D9A.jpg (897x1080, 38K)

Breaks my balls that they changed the actor. First guy looked awesome, second guy looks like a jewish lich.

>deliberately make the antagonist look like a Jew
based and redpilled

Big studio dont know what winter is.

So tired of seeing these moviers/shows that supposedely take place in the cold winter and everyone is wearing no mittens or headwear. Freely walking around like it's 30 degrees celcius.

Why the fuck would he bother sieging them out when he only stands to risk a disposable army of reanimated corpses?

Why doesn't he literally just blow cold air and make it snow until everyone leaves the frozen continent? Snow canonically covered even Dorne at one point, correct? Why not just do that for a few years until everyone leaves or starves = you win.

Either he was fucking about for 7 seasons because he couldn't break the wall/Winterfell/Storms Ends magic barrier until he got a zombie dragons or he's forced to act quickly because his position is not as strong as it appears and his goals are time sensitive or he's just evil and programmed to kill all greenseers

Is that horse OK?

All the people hiding in the crypts are fucked

Bran probably has the power to undo him and make him fail the purpose he was created for.
He was obviously made to end wars by the fairy peeps, but they didn't expect him to be so literal and try to wipe them out too, because they were obviously dangerously powerful in magic and ruthless in execution by making him in the first place out of a living person.
He's attracted to powerful forces. That much is clear. Jon probably makesthungs worse by trying to fight him because he's unwittingly bringing him further south. He's heading his way down south to get Cersei's empire. All that military, political and magical power. The stuff that makes war.

Kino

The Dead Marshes?

Because he's not omniscient and doesn't seem to have much scouting potential so for all he knows a million human reinforcements from the south could be en route to fuck his shit up

because it follows the lazy - ancient evil awakes and wants to destroy everything, just because - shit just like in lord of the rings.

lol, I know him personally. I will tell it to him

I remember one of GRRMs points being that there are more mythical stories about places far away, which is why asshai sounds like such a magical hellhole in westeros. I bet in Asshai it's just a normal town and they have stories of the crazy westerosi people and their dragon wizards

This was all born out of the idea GRRM had as a 30 something non sex haver sitting in front of his DOS machine about 'what if a fire dragon and a frost dragon but it's like zombies' and then he skimmed a few history books to fill in the plot.

Which one

Vladimír Furdík

I'm willing to bet there will be nearly zero sunlight that far north. Perpetual overcast and/or blizzards. Moss farms due to the hot springs that run through Winterfell maybe. But not enough to feed that many people.

He waited till the last minute to do so. For someone autistic with ability to see the past, present and future, you'd figure it would be wise to say that earlier.

Where did they get the chains?

Attached: chains.jpg (1023x531, 53K)

>what if thats exactly what the next 5 episodes are
Spoilers
LMFAO NO! The White Walkers get defeated next epidode. The big bad villains they spent 8 years hyping up is destroyed in 30 minutes

wildling slave labour

Imagine having such a shit taste, Ep 2 was ironically one of the best episodes of the entire series u fucking brainlet pleb.

This season started promising, hopefully they dont fuck it in 3-6 episodes.

>winterhell is rumored to hold back an army of thousands with few men guarding the fortification
>whole dream team of GoT deploy all of their army outside the castle onto an open field rendering their first and prime defense useless.
Damn

what show did you watch? not this one apparently

If this is true then GOT is gay and the writers should kill themselves.

im still laughing that d&d really couldnt come up with something better than the 'destroy the mothership' routine for the shows biggest adversary. but they probably needed more time for shitty reunions and the whole iron throne situation that also has to be finished in 4 episodes.

the whole siege thing is simply idiotic if you hold out against an army that doesnt get paid, needs to eat or sleep or even basic shelter.

he made his own out of ice

While your argument is valid, I highly doubt throwing your whole army on an open field right outside your first defense is a normal thing to do, especially when you are up against a foe who outnumbers you and has giants.
You simply don't disregard your fucking fortification that is designed to uphold a fucking assault.

You should get a job or a hobby to fill in the time between episodes you fucking retard

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that's so bad I bet that's exactly it.

also where is leakbro?

did they get fired after leaking the whole last season? (lol)

That was some fun only matched by /TPG/

>instead of acting just wait bro!
This is why you are incel

Lol

Why do the wh*tewalkers all look like autistic schoolshooters posing for mugshots

He could have waited until Danyerys ave Cersei fought. Then he would have only half the amount of enemy, rest he could turn into white walkers

>why does everyone in game of thrones act stupid

Characters can't be any smarter than the people writing them.

Might be a complete moron

>everyone is wearing no mittens or headwear
gotta see the stars faces. yeah, it's retarded.

eh... they should do that in ss5 already

>We don't have time for this...

It's supposedly winter, not just winter but THE winter. WHY do we never get to see several feet of snow? Why aren't there trees covered in white frost? Why is nothing frozen over?

Attached: Winter.jpg (2560x1600, 1.55M)

what the fuck is his problem anyway? does he really hate memories that much

WELL MAYBE HE NEEDS TO BE QUICK?!
MAYBE HE HAS A TIME LIMIT?! MAYBE HE NEEDS TO KILL BRAN BEFORE BRAN FIGURES OUT HOW TO KILL HIM?
DID YOU THINK OF THAT,YOU FAT INCEL NIGGER KIKE?!
NO YOU JUST WANTED TO "OWN" STUPID SJW GOT HAHAHAH D&D BTFO XD AMIRITE REDDIT?
FUCK OFF

bongs have never had a proper winter before
to them, this is a Fimbulwinter

For the same reason he doesn't kill Drogon with his spear first because DABID demands it.

Because Bran is a threat.

I think the real winter JUST started so its only going to be worse from now on.

I bet you're breathing heavy after typing that out, HBO shill.

Stop questioning the jewish writers that wants to end this almost purely white main character show for a new show that will have at least 80% non-whites as the lead.

Yeah. They made the walkers to purge man off their home continent 8000 some years ago but lost control

That would unironically save this entire shitshow

Why is he a threat that has to be stopped now?

He's technically had time to develop but never did

Fly a dragon directly at the night king and burn him.
Ggezwp.
Yeah, I am something of a genius myself.

Attached: 1556007825612.jpg (731x995, 98K)

He's already killed one

Am I the only one who feel like they are taking this whole fucking thing too lightly?

>yeah bro let's do some sword training
>hmm how about we get something to drink
>LET'S SING!!
>hehe we did what we could right guys

While an undead army is right at your doorstep

All he has to do is:
>Catapult in twenty good men zombies
>When they land, they start stabbing people
>Instantly resurrect those that get stabbed
>They then start stabbing
>Keep resurrecting
>Repeat
Within 10 minutes he has taken over Winterfell

It's supposed to be some kind of "we're about to die let's have fun" thing but honestly the atmosphere is absolutely horrendous, there's no sense of looming danger or terror

Does he even have limits to resurrection? can't he just resurrect people from behind his horde?

that's a beautiful picture, mind if i save it?

I think we all (at least here) agrees that the atmosphere is fucking horrible. DOOM is literally at their doorstep but when watching the show you don't get the feeling of "tonight is the last night before doom arrives"-feeling. They are simply preparing for a casual war that might end in them losing a castle, that's the feeling I get at least.

This is stupid excuse as not to engage night king with the dragons directly.

Based Pod

>This is stupid
That's how you know they're probably gonna do it

The dumbest thing is that the Dothraki are the best weapon against the zombies, bowmen riders can attack and escape for hours without losing a single man. But of course, better get closer.

Nah, knowing it, it will probably be some heroic showdown of night king vs "choose your champion" after the epic battle where white walkers are about to win and all hope seems lost. Then suddenly night king as he has beaten the main hero will start a long speech of his ambition of world dominance before he is killed.
And then everyone lived happily ever after

Agreed. The atmosphere feels fucking ridiculous. I mean this doesn't look any different to countless other random battles they had in the past.

But I guess their majority capeshit audience feels satisfied with the amount of YAS QUEEN SLAY and cringey one liners.

Because there needs to be an epic battle episode. This series gave up trying to make sense a long time ago, it is completely directed by meta appeal now.

Because Bran is connected to house stark and protectors of the north.
With Bran touching the magic world and the magic coming with the dragons, the nightking knows he needs to pass the wall and entering winterfell before they know how to defeat them.

The problem was when they surpassed the books. Now they are free to do their own ideas. And since they are now free to do gimmicky cliffhangers they do the ones they want.

It became 'self aware' and a victim of its own reputation in popular culture.

Suddenly 'no one has plot armour and can die when they make stupid decisions and it makes sense according to a chain of coherent events' became 'anyone can and will die for no apparent reason, who will be next lmao? we need someone important to die every few episodes because thats what the fans expect'

and

suddenly 'a cast of morally grey characters with different motivations and plans conflict and have coherent results where some win and some lose in a way that makese sense' to 'the characters the fans rooted for become perfect and good aligned whereas the subtle antagonists the fans hated became stupid comic book villains.'

So I thought they said that the longer the summer, the longer and harsher the winter and that it has been a very long summer. So even if they deus ex machina the zombie army away aren’t they still all going to starve during the most brutal winter that has ever been?

false, hardhome and other earlier scenes built up amazing suspense.

That suspense is absolutely lost in this season. I feel none of it.

Only braindead redditors compare this scene to Helm's Deep. Your brain would have be molded by years of YASSS QUEEEEN politics to even compare this shit ass season to LOTR.

The second they lost the books as back-up when making episodes, the entire show took a dive into the shit filled gutter. The writers are horrible and the only reason they got this far was simply because of the books they used for the first couple of seasons.
Even the fatty R.R. stopped watching the show back in 2017 because they went off-rail so damn hard, skipped important storylines, teleported characters all over the place, did shit to appeal to the new audience of boomers that doesn't really care about the fantasy genre only the drama genre, etc etc. He obviously didn't claim that because he doesn't want to criticize his own show that makes him tens of millions, but it's obvious.

Enjoy the last season boys, because after this shit comes "Who Fears Death" which will fail horribly and R.R. will go into hiding until his death of diabetes.

Realistically speaking, the NK would win under half an hour. There is no way Winterfell can hold against the wight horde, they can simply overrun entire castle like ants.
The only way for them to lose is lots of wildfire or dragons. There is no wildfire in the north, so as long as NK can deal with dragons, battle of Winterfell is just roadside picnic.
Why wait months for your enemies to starve, when you can wipe them out right now?

Turn off your brain goyim

If you played World of Warcraft you would know.

>implying the Nights King isn't a migrant feeling from global warming
Its now or never for him.

what

the lich king is essentially based on got books

Yes they had some good battle scenes in the past but this cannot be even compared to them. That's why I said this is comparable to other random battles that I don't even bother to remember.

Wait, they are comparing this to the battle of helm's deep? Jesus Christ..

>Why does the Night King attack at all? Why doesn't he just siege Winterfell until most everyone dies and then attack? He doesn't even have to siege, he can just chill in the woods.

Because (little known fact) the Night Kings real name is Leeroy Jenkins!

Attached: LeeroyJenkinsGOT.jpg (1000x582, 123K)

Well if that's the case then Blizzard beat them hard

You say that in the sense that, just like the Lich King's story, this story about frost zombies jumped the shark and all the plans of the big baddie are a stupid/convoluted mess?

I saw it in the GOT subreddit. They all compared last ep to the scenes before Helm's Deep.

For anybody who wants to see the change between whatever will come this season compared to good GOT battles in the past, watch these RIGHT BEFORE you watch the new epiosde this Sunday:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7S9DMGYRAI

youtube.com/watch?v=K34lCM-PxQI

Something has changed in this show. And it isn't "incels" complaining about "IT BEING HER TIME".

Tywin Lannister

WildMart.

Because the White Walker military-industrial complex tells him to

GoT is all about Bran and the pedophile Night King coming to rape him. He says "almost" a man because his anal virginity is still intact.

The Night King is a pedophile. That's why he's after Bran. Now he's desperate because Bran isn't getting any younger.

>Also what do you think he did to little Ned umber. He "stabbed" him with his ice "spear". The message is clear, "no children are safe"

>Also why the NK has a hard-on for the "children" of the forest his long time enemy. They look like kids. But they're not really, which is why he's after and prefers Bran.

>The children also created the Night King by plunging a "dagger" into his heart. It's the cyclical nature of pedophilia, victims often become perpetrators themselves.

>The NK is also a necromancer so he raises the dead, or "bones", or figuratively his "boner" for Bran. He also likes to throw is "spear" around and "penetrate" his enemies. His powers subtly reflect the sexual nature of his purpose.

>The prophecy about the "long night" is a metaphor for the night of rape Bran would receive if the NK won the war/capture him. NK dick is also long

>The NK's enemy is Azor Ahai or "Lightbringer", i.e. a way to stop pedophilia is to expose it or "bring to light" the crimes.

>Bran is a Stark, their words are "Winter is Coming" is a less than ambiguous metaphor

>The Stark house words, suggest that in the past Starks we're also subject to horrific abuse. Pedophilia is pervasive and often covered up in society; thus the words serve to remind Starks to stay vigilant... against pedos.

>Bran the Builder, the Stark who built the wall, was also abused by pedophiles, that's where our Bran gets his name. Building a wall to keep out the night walkers is analogous to how rape victims often cope, by building mental "walls" to block off traumatic memories.

>As the 3-Eyed Raven, Bran has a nightmare about being "touched" by the Night King. After which the NK goes after him. I don't think it gets any more clear than that

Spruce it up with academic language and that would pass for serious literary theory in a journal somewhere.

What the fuck happend? It feel like everything is progresively getting worse.

Attached: 1549299576059s.jpg (125x123, 2K)

I'm guessing it has something to do with Bran and the Godswood tree. Bran will eventually figure something out that will stop the Night King, so he must not allow him to read the tree.

I'm more pissed that we still didnt get to see Ghost

Looks like some sort of near radius

to be fair the rest of season 5 was ass, hardhome was the exception not the rule

Honestly i dont think the season 6-8 wasnt so bad. But i agree that with the hype it went full action drama than politic fantasy.

The deaths are ok. But its obvious certain characters have now plot armor.

>wildfire
Good point. After the scorpion, would be cool Cersei plans to stop them with wildfire adter the nightkings killed the north.

Ghost was in the last episode.

I hope Arya dies after getting most of her revenge.

Also we need to see Sansa’s tits

George originally pitched the books to the publisher in the 90s as a political intrigue and petty squabble while a dark and catastrophic danger grows in the north

what if the night king is just the friends we ate along the way

Attached: 61sc-JC5CSL.jpg (397x500, 70K)

Classic enemies band together. Based Martin.

It's so good of an idea that there's absolutely zero possibility of that happening

WHERE?

why does he conveniently want to kill bran in what will lead to the only opportunity to attack him directly. pretty bs how the pulled that one out of their asses

>so how do we deal with the infinite waves of undead soldiers
>we attack the king directly because it's like dracula or something, kill the head honcho and the rest will fall
>ok how we do that
>...
>use me as bait
>why
>he wants me
>why
>memories
>oh ok

Attached: 1520540493845.png (840x1114, 721K)

When John talks on top of the wall and his Nights Watch mate comes along

>just stay in the crypts where it will be safe

you fucking retards

Mate its better for it to be lol we don't know, he touched me and knows I can travel the echoes of time like he does instead of Lol hes out there to destroy all memories

Isn't it the fact that long night was just some Ice Age shit ? I mean you don't even need fucking zombies to wipe out most of the humanity

Danny is the king of Egyptistan, she could literally pack everyone up and leave without having millions of people die, for her Cercei can have the fucking throne and her zombie nation

Bran could potentially undo him.
Like literally warg up to him and unmake him like how he was made. He's seen it. He might not have understood how it was done, but he eventually could. His powers will likely grow with time, he cant let any of this power threaten his existence. He needs to put an end to it all. The dragons, the magic, the armies, those with the knowledge of dragon glass and Valerian steel and all that.

Dothraki would eventually run out of arrows and the horses would get tired. Zombies could just keep running forever

>enemy has an air unit
>have no actual defense against it. not even 1 ballista or anything
>gonna wing it and rely on only 2 of their own air units to try and fight of the enemy's one ignoring the fact that the enemy has anti-air that can 1 shot them
I fucking hope they lose horribly, but we know they wont

>Dothraki would eventually run out of arrows and the horses would get tired.
That's why horses are good they can GET AWAY and get more AMMO behind friendly lines, even get "fresh" horses.

Which now that i think about it, kinda leads to question why the wight army doesn't just run everywhere like a school of autistic children

>Zombies could just keep running forever
Is that why they are walking south at a pleasantly brisk pace instead of Usain Bolting
Is there a reason that metal from completely unrelated empire long gone is the only one of effect against them ?

>use me as bait
>place bait at the almost absolute rear whereby the time the undead reach him the battle is lost anyway
>NK was gonna attack anyway bait or no bait

Attached: 127899.jpg (763x753, 93K)

You forget that those friendly lines would eventually get overrun by zombies. Dothraki would be resting somewhere but wights would just keep coming and coming without any pauses. Eventually there would be nowhere to go

If his army remained stationary, the dragons could just do quick flybys and fuck them up.

Cuz Bran is a fucking liar.

>Is there a reason that metal from completely unrelated empire long gone is the only one of effect against them ?
The swords are magical. Valyrian steel was forged with magic and dragon fire probably blood sacrifice too

see

Attached: 1553279225565.jpg (540x540, 70K)

>Dothraki would be resting s
They don't need to rest. Horses do, Mongols did that shit and destroyed armies that could not keep with them, Mongols didn't run into spikes like retards and didn't engage directly with heavy cavalery.

>ok fellow white walkers, we have to attack the most heavily anti-ice zombie fortified position in the entire world
>go around them and cut off their food supply? nonsense!
>this is how sieges are won!
the writers of this series never fail to disappoint me with their ingenuitive plot progression

how are they even outnumbered this badly? dany estimated at least 100k walkers, lets be generous and give em at least double that so 200k zombies give or take. khal Drogo's khalasar was estimated to be 100k strong but they dispersed but most of them would have been at the Dothraki city when yaas queen crushed the patriarchy. she alone should have more than 100k easy including her remaining unsullied. the vale should also be at near full strength since they arrived late. their army was estimated to be 20k-30k strong consisting of mostly heavy cavalry. the north was fucked up so let's be generous and say 2-3k men out of the original 20-40k they could field at full strength. they should at least have 120k men at the minimum for defense. also what the fuck are the dornish and riverlords doing?

>>ok fellow white walkers, we have to attack the most heavily anti-ice zombie fortified position in the entire world
>>go around them and cut off their food supply?
No, we only got 4 episodes left!

>also what the fuck are the dornish and riverlords doing?
Not sending food apparently. Also remember Dany left her second sons in essos and Dragon bay could send her food too.

Idk I feel like after some point numbers become a hindrance instead of advantage, why the fuck would you fight on some Stalingrad tier terrain where you could move southwards and try your luck there, leave like 20k me in Winterfell and hope for the best. Fuck meting zombies on an open field, unless you are doing some Alexander the Great tier tactics

Anyone has that picture with littlefinger and night king? Where LF outsmarts the NK.

I don't even get why jon snow was so obsessed with dragon glass when the wight walkers are shown to be so fucking flammable, he should have been gathering as much oil and pitch as was humanly possible when he was still looking for a source of dragon glass and turned the entirety of Winterfell's plains into a huge ass fire trap

>why the fuck would you fight on some Stalingrad tier terrain

me jawn snorw

me from norf

me fite in norf

Generally for an attack in open fields with equally skilled/equipped soldiers you want 3-1 odds in your favour to be certain of victory. Storm a strong fortification and you'd be looking at more like 10-1. Given that the army of the dead are quite literally mindless zombies, you could hold Winterfell with 10k men against 100k wights quite feasibly (assuming the dragons take each other out)

>Golden Company
>Mercs that dont take jobs unless victory is highly in their favor
>sides with cersei against dragons, barbarian super warriors, and unfeeling killing machines.
writing has officially gone to shit. at this point everyone's watching because they're too invested.

underrated

white walkers dont think in terms of food

Night King literally walked through fire

the night king yes, the wights? also, why would you walk in front if you could get peppered by dragon glass killing not only you but the wights under your command

There are only a few hundred Others in the army. The real threat are the wights who go up like it's the 5th of November. Dragonglass kills the Others so you can just mob them

>Bran could potentially undo him.
the night king wants to destroy Westeros because of what was done to him. there's no reason for him to go after bran if the "worst" thing bran could do is stop him from becoming the night king in the first place

you can only assume that is the case and the golden company have been spun a web of lies about the severity of the dragons/undead/etc and they will desert the moment they see them and leave cersei fucked

No. I don't think he can go back in time and stop it. I think he might only be able to manipulate the past he or his family existed in. No I mean literally unmake him with magic. They seem to have access to the same type of magic, hence why the night king can see him in his visions.

where did cersei even get the gold to hire those guys, the tyrell gold was capture when yaas queen attacked the convoy and the lannister mines are dry. did she get an emergency loan or some shit?

>they seem to have access to the same type of magic, hence why the night king can see him in his visions.
the night king can see bran because he marked him in their last encounter. you haven't even seen the show. the whole point of the night king is that he's angry he was turned into the night king in the first place and wants to destroy Westeros. if there was any way bran could undo the night king, he would be doing a favor to both parties
the writing is complete garbage

There must always be a Night King.

> NK dick is also long

Fucking kek, underrated post

that's why it's kind of retarded when you really think about it, sure there's a lot of wights. but their battle tactics generally consist of "rushing B" they have no siege engines,no cavalry,no archers. they really don't seem like too much of a threat aside from the night king and the others if being handled by a competent leader. Hell tywin would probably rout the whole thing in under a week if he were in charge

>bran is a warg
>instead of warging inside a raven scouting the NK's army spend the entire time instead creepily sitting in the town center waiting for Jaime

that would be too interesting

>Night king is actually based on wrath of the lich king's story
>jon snow becomes the new night king and drives the hordes back to the north of the wall become the true king of the north

Jamie is alright

Best episode of the entire series? Out of what? 2 episodes?

>>instead of warging inside a raven scouting the NK's army spend the entire time instead creepily sitting in the town center waiting for Jaime

waiting for jaime is more kino tho. he said he was waiting for an old friend and then the fucking kingslayer shows up. one of the best things about s8 so far

>d&d blow all their profits down the drain
>the snow king makes a creeping return as an aggressive anti-hero in the sequel

He marked Bran when Bran was in a vision.

this episode and the one where they blow up the seven septon are the best episodes of the serie.

Battle of bastards is trash

when jon and the nightwatch bois are on top of the wall talking, you can see ghost stand behind them. my mom pointed it out to me because wouldn't have seen him either.

They took a loan and hired German mercenaries in exchange for exclusive trading rights.

it's the LONG winter you retard

>he thinks there weren't human beings during the ice age

Attached: IMG-20190424-WA0000.jpg (617x401, 41K)

Attached: dogo.jpg (1280x720, 325K)

would redeem the last two seasons

What's the dothraki legend?

currently best post on the board