What are the Gentry supposed to represent?

What are the Gentry supposed to represent?

Attached: 6ED1B9D0-55EE-47D6-BD25-DC49DFFB8CA8.jpg (580x898, 212K)

Dan DiDio.

Scott Snyder

something abstract and terrible

White people

Authors that make faux-deep grimdark shit because they confuse it with being mature. It's not a dunk on any writer or editor in particular, just that trend.

For me they are forms of uncreativity and writin/art processes.
That is the overall story of Nixs alter ego.

Attached: Forces of Storytelling.jpg (2953x2781, 1.11M)

Some people think they’re companies. Intellectrom is DC, Lord Broken is Marvel

the chick is femme fatale taking to extreme. The bat, is DC. The broken house (of ideas) is marvel.

they represent the fact that you are a virgin
HAVE SEX

Bendis

That would make sense. DC is Batman = Intellectrom
Marvel the house of ideas = Lord Broken.
So who is Demogorgunn? Image?
Hellmachine? Darkhorse?
Dame Merciless? Valiant? IDW?

The fact that no one can agree on what they are supposed to represent means that it ultimately doesn't matter. It was an idea that was so obsessed with making sure you knew it was 'meta' that it forgot that it was supposed to actually be about something.

All style, no substance. A more coherent writer could do something with the concept, but what we got was just a meme without any meaning. I suppose you could make the argument that there is a meaning behind the gentry but the presentation of them is so fucked that the intent doesn't come through at all, but thats not exactly any better.

Those fit though I think Merciless is more cheesecake oriented

>What are the Gentry supposed to represent?
They exist to remind us that Morrison has been treading water since he burned himself out writing The Invisibles.

> Have you every thought about how COMICS are IMPORTANT?
> "Okay Grant, but what are you actually saying? Whats the point you want to make here?"
> Its Meta. *winks at camera and walks away*

Fanboys, of course.

So more like Valiant and this is now the husk it is after re-opening?

Villain Archetypes

Care to explain?

As said, villainous achetypes taken to their logical extreme.

Intellectron is the evil mastermind (which can be Batman, I suppose).
Dame Merciless is the Femme Fatale.
Hellmachine is the out-of-control robot (Yeah, not seeing it myself)
Lord Broken is the haunted house
and Demogorgon is the mob - zombies, people being mindless, that sort of thing.

Hellmachine is your robot supervillain, Doomsday machine situation. Intellectron is the classic super smart guy who keeps the hero on his toes. Dame Merciless is the femme fatale, Demogorgunn is the horde of villains possibly zombies given the trend, Lord Broken is Arkham, essentially the psycho crazy villain

Actually, looking back given Tom King, I think Lord Broken would be the depressed, delusional, broken hero, occasionally turned villain. Grant’s a huge fan of the classic hero that inspires and Lord Broken could represent the trend of psychologically analyzing heroes and exposing their mental issues

Better question: If Grant was on to something with his 'reality and comics intersecting' stuff... is what we are seeing in comics the Gentry made manifest?

>Batman
Could they be some perverted JLA versions?
Dame Merciless is a WonderWoman.

I can seee were they come from, but i have a problem with them being THE villain archetypes.
Wouldnt they be
The Brute, The Horror, The Experiment, The Crazy Scientist, The Demon, The Deciever and The Betrayer?

Kek
I don't hate King but still had a good chuckle

>Bob Kane and no Bill Finger
Casual spotted.

Fiction archetypes

Everyone can agree that they are archetypes, stop being so pretentious faggot and read the shit you're trying to bash before looking like the complete retard that you are.

Other way around. The Gentry are the worst inclinations of modern comics made manifest within the story.

What, things getting edgy again? It's superhero comics man, you don't exactly have to be fucking Nostradamus to predict that comics always go through an edgy decline dominated by villains followed by a nostalgia-driven "rebirth" of classic heroes.

I mean Forever Evil was what seven years ago? Villains took over, heroes were defeated, Joker cut his face off. Then we got Rebirth, Batman's back, Superman's back, Rucka even writes a two year series just to make absolutely clear how back Wonder Woman actually is. Now we're doing Year of the Villain, villains win, heroes defeated, now 5G "reboot".

All of this has happened before, and will happen again. If anything Morrison should write about how comics are less on the decline and more trapped in an unending cycle.

Are we Depressoverse yet?

Everything is a cycle.
That is why everything results in a status quo.

Attached: image.jpg (600x478, 53K)

Crooked Shillary, the (((DNC))), Stalin Sanders, Greta “Kill all humans” Thunberg, the coastal liberal media elites. Empty Hand is of course Baruch Hussein bin Laden-Obongo.

Just looking at this thread, no one can agree whether they are fictional archetypes (much less what archetypes in specific) or metanarrative stand-ins for stuff like editorial or forced mega events. What I mostly see here is everyone with their own headcanon for what the Gentry 'obviously' means.

>using Snyder's painfully unoriginal garbage as the representation of creativity
>Bob Kane and not Bill Finger
sickening

To be fair, you're shitting on all open ended symbolism. Which is fine, I guess. I guess the space baby in 2001 sucks.

Yeah, it’s called open interpretation. Use your imagination for once

I wonder what he’ll do now

What was his deal?

Are there really people who think like that?

The Gentry can be seen in Thanos's mad realm seen in Infinity Something or other.

Really?

Really?

The Gentrification of silly superhero comics by self-important edglords

Specifically people that are obsessed with their own shallow deconstructions of the Superhero mythos

>If anything Morrison should write about how comics are less on the decline and more trapped in an unending cycle.
I feel like that is literally his Batman run

It is at the end because he was mad about New 52 fucking up his plans

Makes sense

Villanous archetypes, toxic/destructive memes that permeate humanity's collective consciousness, homogenization of fiction, general cynism and dismissal of fiction's potential, the list goes on

>Bob Kane.
Fuck off.

>creativity
>Snyder's OC

my sides

every poision and thing that is bad on comic books medium.

berserk?

Attached: godhand_0.png (350x523, 137K)

Shitposters on Yea Forums. Not even joking, I said the same years ago because of how their speech is written.

>Bob Kane
I know, i used the goat not the mind. I fucked up there to just using the faces.

>using Snyder's OC
Because it is about the representation not the quality of the writing or creation of the characters.
Otherwise i couldnt use the Gentry or the hand because of Morrison.
Or Perpetua. On the creativity side.

Attached: Alpheus the WorldForger.jpg (322x499, 50K)

Maybe they are negativity from fans. So your interpretation would make sense.
That would make sense.
>Intellectrom
Fans that look for lore or plot holes
>Lord Broken
Crazy fans
>Demogorgunn
Fan backlash, like Twitter
>Hellmachine
Criitcs that analyses the comics
>Dame Merciless
Old fans that are husk of the former fandom

They're societal ills that work against good stories. Dame Merciless is identity politics. Hellmachine is unrestrained capitalism. Lord Broken is institutional inertia or something like that. Demogorgunn is mob mentality, people who only want to follow what's popular. Intellectron could be people are overly analytical about fiction, I dunno.

>have sex
>post ends in 96
yeah I'm thinking BASED

Wait, who's the chick on the left there, opposite Empty Hand?

If I remember correctly they represented generic threats to superheroes. The femme fatale, the faceless horde, etc. But I can only see that House of Eye-deas as representing Marvel

half the people that start up these conversations aren't fucking reading comic; or are too ignorant or stupid to see most of this shit are gimmicks and trends that are rarely permanent.

Attached: bigthink.jpg (1000x908, 120K)

Should have just used Nix

Lol no

He wasn't that mad, thats fake news. He only had to drop Steph Batgirl (and that one-shot was published anyway 3 months into the New 52).

The ending of his Batman run is about the cyclical nature of superhero stories though. Even though his son just got killed by the boy's mother, and he really wants to stop, Gotham is once again in trouble and he disappears behind the clock.

Then what?

>>Creator Grant Morrison noted in an interview that each member is "a villain archetype taken to the limit. Intellectron is the mastermind taken to the limit. Dame Merciless is the femme fatale taken to the demonic limit. Demogorgunn is the zombie horde taken to the limit, and so on through the rest of them. Lord Broken is the madhouse, Arkham Asylum taken it to the limit."

It is Perpetua

PERPETUA is the symbol of creativity?

>Bob Kane
>Perpetua
>Forger
No. Delete this and delete that .psd from your PC

That would go againt the very definition of Snyder: trying to one-up Morrison in every way.

The ending of his Batman run is about how someone shot it in the head after he spent seven years setting up a perfect all
encompassing status quo. It’s an obviously angry ending.

Nothing is perfect. I am not happy with it, but you have to work what DCs shitshow gives you.

Sadly, yes. But that is what DC gives you. You can only work with what is given.

Now you recognized it. Took very long since your last post.
At least you bump this thread.

That’s exactly what Multiversity is about you fucking dumbass.

Look up the word ambiguity you retard.

It's hard to love the pieces like the whole.

I thought it was about big events, not just reboots

If anything it’s more about reboots, the cynical murdering and resurrection of old properties with a focus on everything but telling good stories.