SOMETHING EVILLLLLLLLLLS WATCHING OVER YOUUUUUUUUUU

SOMETHING EVILLLLLLLLLLS WATCHING OVER YOUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: Transformers_La_pelicula-726890247-large.jpg (580x868, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk
youtube.com/watch?v=UnL7oW--6O0
youtu.be/0DPW44-I3n4
youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KGAsXNvilBw
youtube.com/watch?v=0xy9wyGAOds
youtu.be/WHcLqxj5wMQ
youtu.be/XGYwRF-1ukQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IRGQpt9Cb78
youtube.com/watch?v=-56yOTusD9w&feature=emb_title
youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs
youtube.com/watch?v=Hnjdq32u-MU
youtube.com/watch?v=TtvKrbghDgI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Killing Optimus Prime was an act of insanity.

You got the touch

vince dicola brought his a game for the ost

>act of insanity.
True.
Its also what created the fandom. Kids latched onto Prime as a father figure, and his death in the movie cemented the franchise in the hearts of at least 2 generations.

Its an odd war that rages for 1000s of years with no casualties.

god i love transformers

This movie was awful and probably one of the worst cartoon movies I've ever seen.

>This movie was awful and probably one of the worst cartoon movies I've ever seen.
Let me guess...you prefer anime and only come to this board to shitpost about everyone being immature

I don't see the appeal of a movie where most of the characters people are familiar with are killed off pointlessly. The animation isn't good, the sound effects like Unicron's chomping are hilariously bad, it introduces a bunch of new characters that are uninteresting at best and downright annoying at worst and half the movie takes place on other planets with robot people unrelated to the main conflict that feels like a bad fever trip. The only thing good about this movie was the rock version of the transformers theme song and unicron.

This movie feels like it was animated by japs so I don't know where you get this strawman from.

>I don't see the appeal of a movie where most of the characters people are familiar with are killed off pointlessly
Something tells me you're being disingenuous about this, I somehow think you're the same kind of person who would be saying the G1 TV series was "awful and one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen". I don't believe you give a shit about Ironhide or Prowl or anyone who died in the film, if I'm wrong you can let me know because the issue of character deaths upsetting G1 fans is a different debate entirely.
> The animation isn't good, the sound effects like Unicron's chomping are hilariously bad
So you're a zoomer who can't into "dated", bet you also complain about Animaniacs just cause you don't get the references. Once again if I'm wrong, feel free to say so. Even if you love 80's animation though, I have a hard time believing you truly think this movie looks "bad", it wasn't Disney...but it wasn't "bad", and it has a kitsch charm that is appealing to some people, presumably the people who like 80's shit.
>it introduces a bunch of new characters that are uninteresting at best and downright annoying at worst
Who is annoying other than Wheelie? If you hate Wreck-Gar, F U is all I have to say. No fun allowed jpeg.
>and half the movie takes place on other planets with robot people unrelated to the main conflict that feels like a bad fever trip.
This, I will say, is actually true...though "bad" is subjective, it's exactly what I like about the movie, it's just a crazy adventure through space with epic moments and robots. It's like the Transformers version of Heavy Metal in a way, it's just meant to be enjoyed visually and go along for the ride of cool and badass shit happening.

Though I would say, Idk what you're doing looking for something extremely deep or high art with TF, it's about robots who fight, it's not supposed to be a thinkpiece for fedoras to smoke their bubble pipes and discuss, it's supposed to appeal to your inner child.

Attached: heavym.jpg (341x512, 87K)

>you prefer anime

The Transformers movie is anime. Hell, it's one of the higher quality things Toei's done.

that's not how it works and you know it

Let me make an analogy, I know analogies are frowned upon, but in this case I see this come up so much it seems people who believe G1 is "anime" can't put it in perspective.

If, idk, who's a big Western band...Aerosmith. If Aerosmith wrote an entire album themselves, but then had Japanese session musicians actually record the instruments because their arms were blown off or something, does it make it a "J Rock" album? No, because even though Japanese people would have put work in, it was still a product and creative vision of somebody who wasn't Japanese.

If Gordon Ramsay hired a Japanese guy at his restaurant to cook meals he planned and designed to be served, does it make that "Japanese cuisine"? No.

Where the fuck can I watch Cyberverse if I'm not in Burgerland? I'd prefer a torrent.

google it, motherfucker

>tfw people forget that Primus who is good watches over all of us
Uh pardon me about this
>some historical sects consider physical images/interpretations to be graven images
>literally destroy images of God
What if Heretech was branded a heretic merely for wantonly depicting the Matrix? It's upside down in IDW/Roberts world, but still. Would that "please don't depict the Matrix, it's something we can't imagine" vs "no, I believe it's p clear what the matrix is and I'll depict it all I want bc I love Primus" be a reasonable source of conflict? In Kreo world?
I adapted the Quint origins partly in a weird way, but I have a golden-Prime Kreon from Bayverse stuff, so I want like a billion religious sects, Quint secrecy, but also ideally Primus literally existing. Any suggestions of "sub-par religious interpretations but also God is real" for our robots would be neat, thank

Attached: Primus hand.png (540x682, 695K)

Just find Himbo Soundwave on dailymotion.

>google leads to TFW thread
>TFW thread doesn't have torrent

Let us never forget: this was Orson Welles's last movie.

Nobody said there would be a torrent. In fact, you left open the option for watching it without one. Suck it up, buttercup.

This shitty movie likely hastened his death.

He died as he lived: a massive planet eating beast with a godlike voice.

>This movie feels like it was animated by japs

Because it was, dumbass, just like the show. Lemme guess, you hate 80s cartoons because of that, don't you ya' racist?

This movie does have flaws, but you come off as ill-informed and retarded in your logic.

I honestly don't know why people say the movie is shit. Yeah, it definitely could be a lot better but everything up until they escape Autobot city is great, even Prime's death even if they handled the aftermath of it poorly and it came from a cynical place.
The only other thing that gets to the level of the first part is the Quintesson scene.
>GUILTY OR INNOCENT

>godlike
More like asthmatic.

If optimus prime did not die, we would see transformers today the same way we see He-Man and the masters of the universe. A second or third-rate franchise that gets a new series once a decade

>Because it was, dumbass, just like the show. Lemme guess, you hate 80s cartoons because of that, don't you ya' racist?
What is wrong with you that you automatically assume I'm a racist because I suspected a movie that was animated by japs, was in fact animated by japs? Excuse me if I don't look up the production history of every single movie I watch. The only reason I even brought that up was because the other guy assumed I only like anime, when in fact this movie is animated by japs just like anime is. This board has some serious retardation going on.

>I honestly don't know why people say the movie is shit.
Even the staff wasn't exactly proud of what they did given the troubled production.

Unicron is not explained.
The Matrix is not explained.
Unicron being weak to the Matrix is not explained.
The Quintessons are not explained.
The Junkions are not explained.

Taken on its own, most of the movie is things just happening for the sake of things happening. There is absolutely no coherent plot or structure whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I love the movie. It looks and sounds great. But it's a TERRIBLE movie.

I disagree.

But it did prove early on what suckers we are for nostalgia. Was ever a character so undeservedly hated as Rodimus Prime?

But that is a fake Primus. Was that deliberate?

Not everything needs to be explained, user.

The first three I have to disagree with, not everything needs an explanation and sometimes you just need a world eater and a maguffin.
The last two I can't defend but I swear the Quintessons showed up before the movie came out.

None of those things need to be explained quite frankly, and seasone 3 of the Transformers did explain it (and honestly it was better before they did). Is it convenient for forget this movie is actually part of the TV series, not a stand alone thing?

>>tfw people forget that Primus who is good watches over all of us
>Uh pardon me about this
Well Primus wasn't a thing in the G1 cartoon, only the G1 comic. In the G1 cartoon canon Unicron was created by some little chode monkey scientist and the Transformers were created by Quintessons as a slave race, not babby's of Primus the robo Yahweh.

It's technically an anime, unlike the tv cartoon

Old anime didn't often explain itself because it assumed to viewer wasn't a fucking moron. But thanks to morons anime is now all long wonded explanations, infodumps, and flashback episodes
God forbid you ever watch Gundam because you'll be totally lost

>Was that deliberate?
Coolest/most regal version of Primus, at least!
>tfw even in Marvel he was p heckin useless
Idk how I feel about Primacron, but I feel that Primus is more enriching for mythos than Quints can be, I think Roberts unironically did as much as one can do with a Quints mythos in Eugenesis; I think LL was a dip in quality from MTMTE but I'll still plug Eugenesis as peak kino. Not a blind apologist here, no-siree.
>babby's of Primus the robo Yahweh
Me buying a golden knight Prime Kreon for $2, that I can't use for anything else, means that I have to include Primus to get the most mileage from this purchase. One user thought a non-intervening god was interesting; I certainly want to minimize divine intervention considering the planet and its history gets periodically reset without it. Quints want to find the historical sequence that gets the bots to defeat Unicron, planet gets reset when Unicron's close to winning, their god manifests because ?, does things because ?.

Should I just make this golden knight Prime Kreon literally actually Rung? Thought I had parts to make him with Wheelie+etc

Attached: Primus reveal.jpg (450x616, 149K)

Primacron is one of the dumber things from G1 IMO, and that's coming from someone who loves all the silly shit that went on back then. Making the epic final boss of the series the product of some retarded space chimp is not very cool, to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk
Was it kino?

I know it's a contrarian opinion, but I like Primacron. Probably because I fucking hate Unicron, and Primacron takes the bullshit out of him.
I've never liked the Primus/Unicron explicitly being actual gods shit.

It took giant brass balls to do it, in a way it made Transformers what it was today by differentiating it from the rest of the herd of cartoons of that era.

>How do you survive a metallic pimp slap?

Yeah, but was Cyclonus Bombshell or Skywarp lolol

The length of the war mostly consisted of the two groups asleep in stasis on Earth for millions of years while Shockwave ruled over a Cybertron that was peacefully under Decepticon thumb.

Skywarp.

Although honestly it shouldn't matter. They're just raw materials.

Why not?

Blurr is annoying and pointless, in all fairness, and no new Decepticons get to do anything besides Galvatron.
Otherwise, your post is bang-on. I never thought of the Heavy Metal comparison but that's a very good point.

you're right in that he dies in every continuity only to be resurrected.

Attached: transformers siege toyline insanity .png (959x722, 1.1M)

Bringing Duke back out of a coma after having his whole heart impaled by an entire magic snake arrow is the real definition of insanity.

>Old anime didn't often explain itself because it assumed to viewer wasn't a fucking moron.
Mistake 1: The TF Movie isn't anime and it for damn sure isn't Gundam. You sound like a child that's neither seen Transformers The Movie or Gundam 0083.

Mistake 2: These movies didn't explain themselves because they were targeting an audience that was already invested in the ongoing story that carried over from the TV series they watched religiously. They are 88 minute commercials for new product, and never intended to be a complete narrative work on it's own.
Children with questions after the presentation were EXPLICITLY instructed to Find Out in Marvel Comics.
youtube.com/watch?v=UnL7oW--6O0

You must be +18 to post on Yea Forums.

DID THE VIRGIN ARIVE?
Please tell me this isn't a shop. Some tumblerina who saw spoilers was hyped about a new character appearing in Cyberverse she didn't expect so it would fit but still.
I downloaded a torrent for s1 two days ago, since my country will only allow a version with a shitty dub, for s2 and s3 there are even DLs, just google it, all of the well-known TF forums have a download thread somewhere.

Attached: ERxD7w-U8AEaOMO.jpg (1024x485, 78K)

DARE TO BE STUPID

Attached: Patrick Dance.gif (500x352, 540K)

Yes it's true. Why bother at this point, though.

Is s3 confirmed to be the last? I am still not done with s2.

Apparently, yes. Why, though? I have no idea. They really dropped the ball with the toys.
Shadow Striker and Slipstream got such crappy toys.

So what's next then? And you best not tell me that the Netflix shit is all we have to look forward to.
I'm hoping it's a side show like the Titans Return shows, and there's going to be a new cable tv show on the horizon

Kinda sad. The series was way better than I expected it to be and the only substitution will be WfC and I have my doubts that it will be very good, though that might just be me.

YES, WE HAVE THE NETFLIX THING TO LOOK FORWARD BECAUSE HASBRO IS RETARDED.
I actually fear the movies will all be shit from now on and Bumblebee was a complete fluke.

Well fuck everything then. Imagine being that stupid to always move onto other series when the old ones are still hyped. S3 of CV in particular seems to have hyped people up a lot, almost every TF fag and artist I know or follow is constantly talking about this right now and even the Mtmtefags are hyped because it has a lot of Rodimus and even Whirl appears and now that other character too but let's just stop it and give the fanbase that obviously seems to enjoy the FUNNY action series some grimdark Netflix shit with stiff characters and almost the exact same cast of characters we got the last two decades, save for Impactor and Mirage maybe.

This movie is worth watching solely for Orson Welles

youtu.be/0DPW44-I3n4

Should have made Cyberverse the Netflix original series. Up the production cost and animation and bam, perfect.

This. I fucking hate this shit. It similar with anime, Netflix has great budget and everything but they almost always adapt the wrong shit or simply animate original series nobody wants.

>Apparently, yes. Why, though? I have no idea. They really dropped the ball with the toys.
>Shadow Striker and Slipstream got such crappy toys.
The more recent deluxe class figures have been good. I would expect more characters to get better toys in this fashion too considering only Megatron and Shockwave got "Deluxe" figures for Decepticons so far, would be a shame if there were no more and would seem odd for them to end the line with Arcee and Thunderhowl.

Attached: Cyberverse Deluxe BAF Megatron Shockwave Optimus Prime Bumblebee (27)__scaled_800.jpg (800x830, 93K)

Did Megatron think that one wasn't enough and clone him or what's going on here?

Attached: 25252611.jpg (500x236, 39K)

Reading the spoilers, it almost sounds like Tarns are the new Vehicons? Sounds like there's an army of them

I wonder if they are literal robots or something, more literal than the rest of robots in this series I mean. Or if they have own personalities or if there is an original Tarn or whatever. Really curious to see how this season ends anyway.

I wish this was some troll in the sense of "Cyberverse actually ends" but then there will be an announcement for some sequel series with different name, this happened with a bunch of manga series I was fan of but Transformer series seem to be eternally cursed.

I've noticed that. Ever since the movie era, they seem to cancel shows right at the peak of their popularity.

Cyberverse needs to end before they run out of bots to kill.

>inb4 it ends because Tarns appear and kill everybody so you literally cannot make any more episodes

Thst would be a legitimately based ending, just for the sheer audacity of it

When they do those femicide marches in Mexico, someone should carry a poster of Slipstream.

I wish his presence would mean we finally got a toy for him but if he appears at the end and probably even does anything evil people will rather buy him to burn him or something, plus not much screentime. Still positive that this appearance will rise the chance of getting a toy before 2030 from 0% to a solid 1% so there is hope.

Seems lazy to me but it's better than nothing. He finally exists in another medium, though.
Also Prime Ultra Magnus is basically IDW Ultra Magnus.

What the fuck did I just read?

Attached: E9627448-7647-4831-8A51-5B76B5FA4264.jpg (486x486, 58K)

Something isn't anime just because Japs were hired to animate it. He's right, nothing about G1 is anime.

I dunno. I see an easy Cyberverse Bludgeon repaint in Tarn. They could do that with next to zero effory. I'd be surprised if they don't cash in

Replying to my own post here but there needs to be a Deluxe Soundwave. With the Animated, Prime, WFC/FOC, RID, and Siege Soundwaves the character design evolution will have come full circle, like an evolutionary rainbow of Soundwaves that all correlate to one another in some way.

Attached: ridsw-001.jpg (1536x2048, 149K)

Yeah but repaints are cancer and the CV designs look different anyway.

If Deluxe Soundwave, give him Siege Cassette compatibility. And damn, I want one of those RiD Soundwaves, so sexy.

Black Megatron was a real jerk.

Netflix War for Repaints

Attached: Netflix-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Decepticon-Mirage-03.jpg (614x614, 106K)

cliffjumper.jpg

>deer.webm

It is a pretty good figure. My only complaints are the lack of a tubular gun to go with his tubular shoulder canon/hunk of shit he never actually uses but looks cool, and the ugly scannable insignia gimmick they had going on, but if that's so much an issue for you you can peel it away and just find some regular Decepticon sticker to slap on.

I mean lets not pretend repaints haven't always been a thing. Some are better than others, but is anyone going to hate on the Seekers not named Starscream for being repaints, or Cliffjumper, or Blackarachnia?

Also, it's still Mirage, just yet another version...I don't know how many people want a Decepticon Mirage toy, but whatever.

This was the peak of cinema.

>epic final boss
It's been a while so I sort of forgot, was he necessarily malevolent or just incompetent?
Gods > Quints > Primacron imo, it's a bit weird that I enjoy gods/Quints origins almost equally

good thing he woke up later...in the year 2006.

youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

I kinda dig the new design, would totally be in for a toy. I like Megatron's too, he looks a bit goofy but I like it. I generally like Cyberverse Megatron.

I mean I guess he was just a vague evil guy who wanted to eat everything in existence. He was, in the movie anyway as I took it just supposed to be some greater evil than even the Decepticons, and what greater evil than some gigantic planet Satan bot who has no goals to conquer and rule like Megatron, but simply destroy

Primacron? Unicron seemed p evil (or is he just trying to survive woah), but I meant Primacron

None of it needs to be explained.

Cool stuff happens, visual spectacle and concept justifies it.

Attached: 20282188-818D-4559-9B8F-5E170ED5B192.jpg (725x960, 132K)

So they Kill off idw drift then later on bring out idw Tarn.

Tarn and the Vehicons > Scourge and the Sweeps.

>Although honestly it shouldn't matter. They're just raw materials.
It should matter, because they hadn't turned grey to signify death like had happened to other characters. The idea of Cyclonus as an evolution of an existing character is more interesting than him being someone entirely new.

Based. Tarn is cuter anyway.

Should have brought back the dead Seekers as heralds of Unicron, just saying.

He looks like Nautica under the mask.

Attached: 1581533154500.jpg (540x743, 55K)

>undeservedly hated as Rodimus Prime
Why was he hated so? Hot Rod was a chad.

>Unicron is not explained.
>The Matrix is not explained.
>Unicron being weak to the Matrix is not explained.
>The Quintessons are not explained.
>The Junkions are not explained.
You don't need to explain everything all the time. It's not a book where you can write paragraphs of backstory for everything. You have a limited amount of time to tell a complete story.

I feel the same about Galvatron. Whereas most reappearing characters from recent comics got more relatable or interesting Galvatron bored me as he usually does when he is not a Megatron upgrade. Unless they have some great idea for which they can use him for he is usually just another typical villain without his evolution background.

Attached: ED-onFZU4AAaHxf.jpg (675x1200, 180K)

What if he was a different character from Megatron, and was just Beast Wars Megatron when he was on Cybertron?

That’s still something I want to see. BW Megs vs G1 Megs.
He can join Tarn and Overlord as enemy/minions obsessed with him.

Weird stuff like that would be another option. Anything that makes him interesting.
I feel like turning Cyclonus to an own character worked (though I still prefer him as evolution in the original series) because he has enough particularities or developed traits or histories to make him work as standalone character, but Galvatron is usually just the generic crazy villain type and this is cooler if it's a personality that was imposed on a pre-existing antagonist who was less crazy.

It helps that BW Megs is insane anyway. Its not a leap.

It’d be like saying Scorponok is Shockwave, or Devil Z is Tarantulas.

Tarantulas is more like Shockwave

(Another user)
I agree, but I wish they were sort of explained eventually, maybe based Sakamoto will get on it

The fact you still remember it shows just how impactful it was.

I always liked him. MC deaths never shocked me as kid though so maybe it's because of that.

Optimus got fatally shot partly due to Hot Rod jumping into the Optimus vs Megatron fight.

>You don't need to explain everything all the time.
You do if it's the main conflict of the story.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. There are many of him and they are bigger as the other bots so it's probably just some soulless original character or drone that just steals his design because it looks cool.

Unicorn is literally set up in the first scene of the movie.

>it's probably just some soulless original character or drone that just steals his design because it looks cool.
Once they started killing Seekers this show started to lose its soul. God forbid they take the spotlight from Megatron or Starscream.

IDW making Galvatron a separate character to Megatron was a situation where more was lost than was gained. His being such a basic one-note villain was probably intentional to represent a throwback to the past the Transformers were trying to escape, but that doesn't make it good.

Having him one time is fine. Keeping using him is not. Making Arcee related to him is the writer seriously sucking at writing.

This is going to sound horrible but I saw it in theaters and knew it was stupid back then. I was 7 and didn't care for the toys anymore anyways, though.

Tarn will never fuck you, or anyone

The first long-running comic of whatever-the-writers-name-was was kinda weak and generic anyway and re-using the same guys all the time. Since Megatron was just generic evil in there as well they might as well have allowed him to become Galvatron or something. But yeah the brother stuff was the stupidest thing.

You say that as if the Seekers were worthwhile characters.
Slipstream was the ONLY one in this continuity that matterd

It had zero impact on me because shitty series already corrupted me too much to care since I always expected fakeouts or the main to re-appear later again when they get killed, even when I was 5, and I was usually right.

You know, Tarn's weird attachment to Megatron would've been really different if he was a fembot

Attached: 1527567691425.gif (360x243, 1.96M)

>BW Megatron is actually Galvatron
I mean, it really checks out. He even goes so far to rename himself Megatron

It would probably play out the exact same way as it did with the difference that Overlord's tits would be bigger than Tarn's this time instead of his canon.

>Fembot Overlord is a creepy chick that wants to get Megatron's attention
>Fembot Tarn is a straight up stalker

Well, I meant Slipstream but I didn't want to sound like a broken record. A case could be made that murdering Cyberverse Thundercracker is like killing a puppy.

Well, for what it's worth, I agree with you. Something about the way they offed her felt wrong.
The rest though...eh. I felt about as much for them as I did the Prime Vehicons.

HOT ROD THE SHUTTLE'S COMING LETS WATCH IT LAND

I think idw Thundercracker had some potential but then he became that dog mother and joke character because that's easier to write and fans love characters they can meme'ing easily. But yeah, I didn't care about them in CV either, there are worse kills that could have happened in my opinion.

Would female Overlord have cyborg human boobs, or be a single parent like Soundwave?

Or would female Overlord just be Giga in a Cybertronian body with Mega as a Targetmaster?

Attached: 7141E2AD-A0C9-4503-BA2D-932546E83869.jpg (180x138, 15K)

Fine, all the Seekers but Slipstream, Starscream included since he just bumbled his way through final boss territory. He pales in comparison to almost all Starscreams, he just got lucky.

>he just got lucky
It's rather his fan crowd. I would totally not complain about Starscream being irrelevant just once but then his fans would probably plan a terror attack or something.

Yeah, Season 1 Starscream was irrelevant and I liked it that way. Like he was at the top of the chain but it was Slipstream who was actually doing most of the work.

WHAT DID I SAY?

Yeah and this is good because TF is a franchise with tons of characters so making fans happy that aren't lovers of the big five or so would be a cool thing. It's what I like about some of the comics too.

Man why are all the hot transformers Decepticons?

No, sometimes they're predacons.

Not him but I will say that the Matrix probably should have been set up much sooner.

I agree. I think it's the same problem as the common bad MC syndrome. With protags writers always take the safe route and design them for mass appeal and make their personalities harmless and therefore rather generic because extreme traits or even just weird behavior might make them too morally grey or unrelatable for the masses, so the villain pool is where the cool ideas and fetishes are dumped in and villains also look threatening, which makes them hotter.

Attached: FT BB rifle.jpg (812x960, 69K)

It kind of was.

The cartoon had new characters just kind of built early on. In the comics they were more robot-like since they could do shit like backup their personality (in other words Optimus died a LOT in the comics) or edit themselves, but also needed a magic macguffin to make more newborn Transformers and had to carefully pay attention to their Energon consumption.

During the writing of the movie they were going to bring in the Creation Matrix from the comics, but it was shifted into the Matrix Of Leadership to be more King Arthur in that it was clear the leader was the guy who had it by divine right rather than just being the guy who currently owns a tool.

Season 3 made it even more mystical based on a throwaway line from Optimus dying about being one with it, making the Matrix a connection to the afterlife rather than the place life begins.

Then you have Bay who was originally going to use the Matrix as the beginning and end of life, with those feral ones it created intended to be like dead souls possessing electronics from Megatron’s misuse. But to simplify matters he called it the Allspark and dropped the afterlife aspect so it would need far less exposition.

>I would totally not complain about Starscream being irrelevant just once

I agree. With Starscream, all we do is hit the same story beats almost every fucking time.
>Starscream schemes
>Starscream makes a powerplay
>Starscream gets beat up by Megatron
>Starscream dies but comes back

Even the versions that deviate slightly from this are still MOSTLY in this vein of character.

Exactly this is my problem.
If they would at least make him different as they make everybody else different or at least change their stories but this guy? Nope, enjoy the exact same plot for the nth time. Whenever you watch or read a new series and enjoy new or underused characters and plots at some point this guy will pop up and look schmening and then you know "well here we go again". It was actually refreshing to not have him in mtmte at least.

Is it me?

Attached: fr.png (687x513, 256K)

In retrospect, you know what would have been a good idea?
In RID2015, instead of wasting him in the Weapnizer Minicon arc, have him be the secret final boss instead of Cyclonus.
That's no knock on Cyclonus, but it would have given Starscream a new angle and outlet for his power lust. Plus, imagine...Steeljaw and Starscream interactions. Plus, Starscream as a combiner, that'd be a novelty. And it would parallel Bee a lot better, with Bee taking the role of lead hero and Starscream taking the role of final boss

True, that would solve the issue of Cyclonus coming out of nowhere. Cyclonus is still cool, as you say.

Yeah stuff like that would even play into his scheming shtick. Like make him officially do stuff for Megatron but secretly working on some actual schism or own third party or secret weapon or whatever. Basically make him be against Autobots and 'Cons at the same time and using his position as SIC to get the intel and connections he need to pull that off.
Or make him a mole, because with this scheming against Megatron and planning to overthrow him would make actual sense instead of just being some petty action of a character that carves attention and power for the sake of it and having him on the other side would be a cool thing for once.

On top of that, Cyclonus' plan was to brig Megatron back to help lead the conquest of Cybertron.
If that was Starscream, not only does it make Starscream a guy NOT looking to overthrow Megatron, but it ties in with his characterization at the end of Prime where he and Megatron had settled their differences and agreed to work together.

You haven't seen the threads? Here is the summary of the whole season 3:

Attached: AE95E53D-62AD-4358-BCB9-502671AF10B8.jpg (1417x900, 85K)

Actually, no. I only know Cosmos appears too. Does everybody die at the end?
Thanks user.

>Turns out [...] Megatron [...] create[d] the Tarns
So not only did mtmte somewhat of made Overlord Megatron's son, Tarn is now too? Will they ever become a happy family again?

Season 3 being the last one fits the model:

2007 with the movie franchise/Animated
2010 with Prime
2014 with Robots in Disguise
2018 with Cyberverse/War For Cybertron

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (912x330, 117K)

Yeah but it's stupid. Some of these were hyped and popular when they decided to end them. I don't really get the reasoning behind this. Especially not with focus on children people always claim Hasbro to have. Kids will surely not prefer that upcoming Netflix series over Cyberverse. Hell, I will most likely not prefer that upcoming Netflix series over Cyberverse.

>Some of these were hyped and popular when they decided to end them. I don't really get the reasoning behind this.

Animated was ended because Hasbro started the Hub and wanted a shiny new show to help market it, so ending Animated made sense

Then the Hub went under and they were forced to crawl back to cartoon network, so it became necessary to go back to marketing to younger kids again, so RID2015 makes sense, and at least they kept it as the same continuity as Prime and Rescue Bots, so it was more of a continuation for a new audience.

RID2015, though, wasn't as big a hit as the previous shows, so it might as well end it and try going for a more classic feel for a show

I don't like it, but ending all those shows when they did makes perfect sense. I'd have probably done the same in Hasbro's shoes

All that send, ending Cyberverse now DOESN'T make sense. How are the ratings and toy sales, does anyone know?
And the general fandom, are they liking Cberverse?

>stop a popular show for some new shit
>the new shit fails
I dunno it doesn't sound very smart to me.

>And the general fandom, are they liking Cberverse?
I see hype everywhere not sure if it's my bubble. But every person only slightly associated to TF I see talks about, I didn't see the same reaction with a bunch of other shows. Why does every show even have to end before a new one starts? Would it kill them to have two TF related shows, especially if the audiences are completely different?

Actually, Robots in Disguise ran for 3.5 (4?) seasons. The wiki lies. Funny, the show ended because the creatives wanted to end it in a high note. The fact is that RiD sold better than Prime.

because you're only looking at it from the point of view of a fan, and not the business or marketing side.
With the first example
>We have a new network of our own to market
>A brand new show would generate hype for that new network
>we want to break away completely from Cartoon Network (which Animated was co-produced with)
>Bay movies are making big bucks, so why not a cartoon that more similar in tone to them?

All those factors together, cancelling Animated was the only real choice.
Not worth the hassle of fighting with Cartoon Network (who is now a competitor) to keep producing new episodes. Prime itself, to the best of my knowledge, didn't fail as a series, it was the network that ended up failing (and I;m not entirely sure, but how much of that failure was Discovery wanting their channel back?)

>The fact is that RiD sold better than Prime
Did it actually? Good on them. I didn't realize the show did that well, it always kind of felt overlooked as a show and toyline.
If that;s the case, maybe they really should have kept it going

I honestly expected Cyberverse to run for what? 5 seasons minimum?
I think Hasbro is shooting themselves in the foot with this unless they have a plan.

>unless they have a plan.

Optimistic "best case" scenario, imo, Cyberverse was testing the waters with the Evergreen thing, and was an excuse to just zip right on past the war, and establish a setting.

Then do a sequel series that picks up after the war and capitalizes on the aspects of IDW post-war comics that were best received.
Cyberverse has been so fast with all the shit it's blown through in such a short amount of time that it could work as a "summary world building" show so that they could spin a slower paced show that already has all the ground work done for them.

They have a Netflix show coming around. Given the whole synergy thing going, they're most likely going to focus on that instead.

My expectations are set extremely low.
Let's hope they DON'T bank everything on it.
I mean, Titans Return and Combiner Wars were just sideshit while RID was running.

>The animation isn't good
This must be bait

Attached: tftm.webm (600x336, 3M)

It did, and in fact the RID15 toys with gimmicks sold the most, and to such an extent it's why Cyberverses entire first wave was nothing but gimmick toys.

Yeah that one guy is full of shit. Beast Hunters was shoved in entirely because of Prime not doing so hot, it's why we were so mad remember!

Three seasons and a six episode special. Although the special had the budget of an entire season, and everything after it was labeled as season 4 on the production side of things.

So it's another thing the wiki lies about.

Attached: season 4 episode 15.png (1831x3007, 1.72M)

AND YOU GRIP WITHIN THE CUM, OF THE EVIL UNICRON!!

His "Death of Optimus Prime" made that scene all the more powerful. It's eerie, sombre, and beautiful.

The Chamberlain in Dark Crystal is basically a smarter Starscream.

Mirage has always been a bit iffy as far the Autobot cause goes.

He just wants to shoot turbofoxes and get drunk on Energon wuth his rich friends.

Attached: transformers-g1-0025_1191457057.jpg (839x1112, 157K)

True, some Prime toys can still be found for cheap, mostly the BH stuff.

Agree about Galvatron.

At the very least, make him a future (or possibly dimension hopping) version of Megatron, that way he's still technically a guy who was formerly Megatron, but you can still have him AND Megatron if you must, like they did in the Marvel comics

Attached: galvatronmegatron.jpg (908x1349, 447K)

I don't remember the exact details, but I thought Animated was ended because of some fuckery involving CN directly
As for RID selling more than Prime
It makes sense, it was more kid oriented and had more fun kid type toys than Prime. People will complain whenever some toys are gimmicky and obviously not going to do squat for the adult collectors, but history has proven.....kids these days don't care about paint aps, or great articulation, or cool transformations.....if the toy is bright and does something fun, they'll like it

Now, I get where complainers are coming from cause for ME, as a kid I had pretty much the same mentality I do now with figures, I always preferred the ones who were more articulated and had cool details and really represented the character, and the ones who had some intrusive gimmick that limited the range of the toy always ended up being left to the side for me (looking at you Retrax, you birthday ruiner, and I resent the fact that because I never played with you you're still in perfect condition while many better toys are now missing parts in my collection)

But, it would seem kids these days are different. I think they all just have shorter attention spans really, so gimmicks and simplified toys are much more appealing.

Attached: Retrax-Bot_1218316352.jpg (800x632, 68K)

They should make galvatron a soulless clone of megatron: Basically have Unicron steal his body to ressurect when Megatron makes the deal with him, but leave his spark out.
So he'd be basically have all of megatrons memories and skills but none of his soul and what made him what he is

Then have megs get his spark saved from being tortured by unicron and brought back to life in an other body.

Guilty confession:
I kind of liked anti-hero starscream and wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Attached: armada_starscream_by_rattrap587.jpg (770x1037, 134K)

nut muh Skreeeeeem

Not a bad premise honestly, and the concept of Galvatron being a "soulless clone" has already happened via Bayformers albeit in a different way, so it's not too far off to imagine they might do something like that by fusing already existing ideas like they often do.

You're not alone user, lots of people liked Armada Screamer. I'm not one of those people myself, but I certainly understand the appeal.

Attached: galvatron_15.jpg (1240x1754, 656K)

Funny how in the next movie they basically said "Fuck calling him galvatron, "megatron" sells better".

Yeah, they also ditched that weird "transformuim" shit when he transforms, which really makes me wonder if it was an actual return of Megatron or if they just simply ignored all that stuff, and if it was ever expanded upon in a tie in comic or something.....but at the same time, I really don't care cause those movies were constantly contradicting their own canon.

Also, for a Bayformers design, The Last Knight Megatron was pretty fuckin' badass.

Attached: MegatronTLK..jpg (790x1061, 339K)

Retrax is a weirdo, I can't put my finger on it but everything about him feels "off" compared to the rest of the line

How is the Lion version of this theme so fucking good? Absolute kinography.

I actually really like Retrax. His transformation is fucking bullshit, but his altmode is cool, and his robot mode (giant pillbug arms noteithstanding) is nice. Prob my favorite BW head sculpt.

If I were in charge of a BW reboot, he'd get shortlisted for inclusion.

Why did it choose Hot Rod?

Because it knew that the only way to get Optimus Prime back was to choose a replacement who would do poorly enough that he'd run to the Quintessons to resurrect him.

That's rough

Because it knew he was based.

>worst Prime ever
>based

>implying a name like Hot Rod doesn't make him the coolest transformer ever

Consider the following.
It chose HOT ROD because he knew he was based. Which he did.
The Matrix probably isnt a fortune teller, maybe it didnt realize that, upon becoming a Prime, Hot Rod's bravado would shrivel up and he'd become loser.
If Hot Rod had stayed Hot Rod in body and attitude, he would have been great.

Idk, I think Blowpipe is the true cool guy of the franchise. I mean his name can be interpreted as "Suck dick" and "Fart hole" simultaneously, now that's a cool dude.

Attached: G1-toy_Blowpipe.jpg (554x500, 68K)

Look, even with all the wisdom stored in it, sometimes the Matrix just gets an urge to try out new things.

Attached: Thunderwing panel.jpg (400x565, 110K)

Can I just say I'm starting to get tired of the "Thunder_____" naming convention?
We've got Thundercracker, Thunderwing, Thunderclash, Thunderblast, Thunderhoof, Thunderhowl, I think that's more than enough.

And let's retire _____storm while we're at it

Is there some omnibus I can get of the marvel UK stuff?

It is very cliche, but it still sounds cool.

>tfw a Transformer OC I made ends in "storm"
It sounds cool!

Attached: 0d0219b2d09ceac141448.jpg (2048x1683, 244K)

Shouldn't at least three of those Primes be aiming at the other Primes?

After dealing with Galvy

Fellow storm.

It's a shame that Targetmasters aren't a bigger deal, or that they don't graduate them from accessories to standalone Transformers with vehicle modes, because some of them are genuinely good characters that get overlooked.
Caliburst, Aimless and Hairsplitter all have potential, I think

>It's a shame that Targetmasters aren't a bigger deal
No, the shame is that Targetmasters as a concept exist.
How high was the Hasbro guy when he came up with
>"Bro, what if a Transformer, could use another Transformer to shoot another Transformer!"
>"... So, Megatron?"
>"NO, Bro. They're Transformers that transform into WEE TINY 'LIL GUNS, not like, Megatron, bro..."
>"...."

Honestly having rewatched it recently it really does have some glaring issues, primarily the movie just drags on after Galvatron ices 'Screamer, until the big final battle which just abruptly ends.

Target masters make a kind of sense
>oh shit, i lost my gun, fellow factioned comrade who conveniently is diminutive and turns into a weapon, come to me
Action Masters were what were dumb

Well, all the more reason to make those characters into proper Transformers instead of guns, isnt it?
Headmasters and Powermasters probably have a bunch of good characters too

What were they thinking?

Attached: Nebulos.jpg (595x307, 80K)

The future?

Attached: 20170704_200555.jpg (600x800, 158K)

Yep. There are omnibuses published by IDW.

America took a good simple idea, having a fake driver for alt mode that isn’t a hologram and the ability to interact with humans or small Transformers on their level, and overcomplicated the fuck out of it with fusion beings and aliens who fold into heads?

All a Headmaster needs to be is a botlet who decides one day "i wanna be bigger" so changes his altmode to "head" and builds a bigger body to connect to.
Making the head a separate character is dumb. Japan had the right idea with Transtectors.

Headmasters look a lot cooler in toy commercials than they seem in any fiction that tries to explain them. That's the important thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=KGAsXNvilBw

By the late G1 era they were trying literally anything to make Transforming robots seem fresh and new.

Human(iod) piloted Transformers is basically Robotech. That's probably what fucked the concept over. Hasbro already had enough problems after Jetfire/Skyfire.
The concept is solid but as was already stated, it was the explaining how it works that always fucks it. Robots decapitating themselves to fit tiny people inside them is alot to ask even if technically it might be feasible-- it's space robot magic you ain't gotta explain shit.

>All a Headmaster needs to be is a botlet who decides one day "i wanna be bigger" so changes his altmode to "head" and builds a bigger body to connect to.
Isn't that what Ultra Maguns is now?
I wouldn't mind if "Cityspeakers" like Windblade were also, in fact, headmasters.

Attached: Headm_anim.jpg (500x432, 29K)

>Ultra Magnus

Kind of, only he doesn't turn into a head. He's more like a Gundam pilot sitting in a cockpit. He doesnt even transform to connect to Ultra Magnus.

But yeah, if Minimus was a Headmaster, I'd accept that.
Though personally, I wouldn't even want the headmasters to be separate characters.
Like, instead of Zarak is Scorponok's head, it's just tinier Scorponok

>I wouldn't mind if "Cityspeakers" like Windblade were also, in fact, headmasters.
Unlikely.

Attached: DXJ0E8-VoAAkFaz.jpg (1200x900, 219K)

Most -masters that aren’t Action are cool ideas. Little Cybertronians who go with bog ones? Basically what the companions to Titans were, as well as Soundwave’s Cassettes.

Hello I am a headmaster

Attached: Cogman.jpg (360x450, 35K)

The toy indeed was.

My main thing against Armada's Starscream is more of a meta thing, I just hate the trend of turning popular villains into "he rly a good boi" thing especially with a character like Starscream, who was a supreme rat bastard. Basically, I think there is nothing wrong with Armada Starscream, IN Armada, but I would never want Starscream to start being painted as a sympathetic character just because it's what his fanboys imagine.

Armada Starscream a good boy. But still, I have to give credit to IDW Starscream, they found a way to keep him true to the scheming bastard that he is while building him into a force of 'good'.
No, I don't want that to happen again because most writers are hacks.

Armada did something different by having be fully loyal to whatever side he ended up on.

>you can still have him AND Megatron
Your own image has the answer
>that leads only to madness and death

>Galvatron fucks off after Target 2006 when realizing that he's in a past other than his(??)
>you can time travel into an alternate version of your past
>the past can still sort of maybe be yours e.g. Galvatron's memory, the Straxus/Megatron -> Galvatron madness theory
>turns out neither the G1, G2, or RG1 Marvel universes lead to the events of the movie
So Galvatron's from an alternate future but there's still a time storm, that's very confusi-
>Unicron later plucks a Galvatron from a different timeline, one where the events of the movie happened AND Unicron won
No! That's not how you're supposed to play the game!

And I like that Nitro Zeus was sort of also a headmaster, because in the original script Cogman was going to take over his body. Also I love it when multiple toy lines share gimmicks.

I prefer how Japan fixed the timelines.

Ravage went back in time to change things, Wheeljack got affected by the timestream and also saw the future. Some major things happened and some minor ones didn’t.

Also, Chip Chase became a Transformer owl that hangs out with Combiner Prowl. Never forget that.

OOMPA
LOOMPA
DOOPA DEEDEE
NEVER MESS WITH THE BIG BOT, OP!

You forgot Thunderstorm.

"Don't move or we'll be forced to shoot ourselves!"

>Ravage went back in time to change things, Wheeljack got affected by the timestream and also saw the future. Some major things happened and some minor ones didn’t.
Huh???

I remember the Chip Chase owl Prowl thing, and eating carpet, but I don't remember timestream Ravage and Wheeljack

He shouldn't be as fun as he is. Transforming him is a pain, though.

Attached: 1553717373613.jpg (2178x1611, 893K)

>eating carpet
wut?

It's not just that movie. Every Bayformer movie basically said "Forget everything from the previous films"

>Thunderstorm
>combining the two naming conventions I complained against

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

youtube.com/watch?v=0xy9wyGAOds

Attached: IMG_1453.jpg (2048x1536, 193K)

Paint it blue and call it Flashbeam

Face my sword Retrax, you shall die

Attached: tj.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

everyone wants it to be skywarp but it's clearly Bombshell

Attached: 250px-Cyclonus_armada_tftf.jpg (250x374, 35K)

Japanese audio drama thing as I recall, or a novel. Not a comic or cartoon at any rate.

Made canon to western G1/Beast Wars too via Ask Vector Prime.

Huh

>Taking AVP seriously

>Taking Transformers canon seriously at all
Its just a way to bandage G2 into a sensical progression and bring in stuff comics did so you have the full G1 leading into Beast Wars.

The best was the Capcom arcade game.

Why can't we just have two series? WfC and CV focus on different audiences anyway and those who watch both, well, and? It's not like we will get exhausted by watching more than one 10-minute episode of the same franchise a week.

It should've been Skywarp.

Bombshell was never loyal.

It doesnt matter, because Cyclonus was a better character than either.

>tfw no own harem of loyal Tarns

Attached: ERzIhuUU4AA_lBs.jpg (1200x675, 64K)

Have a listen to his unused earlier work for the score. Parts of it sound a lot like his score for Rocky 4: youtu.be/WHcLqxj5wMQ

The WFC show was in production for a long time, for a little bit it seemed like it wasn't even going to come out at all. I doubt it's development has anything to do with Cyberverse, if Cyberverse is ending it's because Hasbro planned it not to be a long series, either that or they already have a sequel series planned.

Also, a Netflix exclusive show based on the "adult" toyline isn't really what Hasbro would put their first foot forward with, Cyberverse ended or Cyberverse continuing in some form, they without a doubt are not using some Netflix show based on the WFC Trilogy to be the main representation of the brand. That doesn't really sell toys to kids.

>INSTRUMENTS OF DESTRUCTION FUCKING INTENSIFIES

Attached: TFTM_Ratchet_dies.jpg (340x346, 44K)

youtu.be/XGYwRF-1ukQ
You aren't kidding, that movie is in my top 10 for best osts it's amazing

Attached: IMG_20200227_224918.jpg (1200x893, 109K)

>I don't know how many people want a Decepticon Mirage toy,
Well, not gonna go out of my way for one if it's an exclusive or rare figure, but if he ends up getting a general release and the opportunity presents itself, would probably get Evil Mirage just for the novelty of it.

It is though???? The Transformers are literally a repurposed Japanese toy line

Transformers is one of those weird things which is as Japanese as it is Western.

You don't need the Quintessons or the Junkions explained. The Autobots find themselves on strange alien worlds having to deal with the natives and their insane cultures. The viewer knows as little about them as the characters do, which was the point.

Eh at least he didn't get wasted on something awful he did a great job selling Unicron

Attached: apparently-unicron-might-be-too-big-to-tackle-in-the-transformers-film-franchise-social.jpg (1500x844, 140K)

An anime adaption of one of the comics or something related would be fun because it would shredder Yea Forums and Yea Forums at the same time.

The weirdest things are when Takara, umprompted, started doing super obscure Marvel G1 guys like Wipe-Out, Galvatron II or King Grimlock. Also IDW accurated decos for Ultra Magnus (no Minimus, though) and Skids.

The idea of Cyclonus having a squad of minions called the Armada was a dropped idea from an earlier draft, but somehow the scene that introduces them survived into the final draft, got animated, and had dialogue recorded, and nobody noticed there was a problem. If only they knew people would still be arguing about it decades later.

IIRC, TLK Megatron has the same facial markings Quintessa gives Optimus, implying she had reformatted Galvatron back into Megatron, don't know if there was a deleted scene or tie-in that actually made this clear.

The HeadMasters and Nebulos worked in expanding the narrative as the Transformers war spreads to another alien planet and drags it's people into the conflict, but while the HeadMaster concept works for stories about two minds occupying one body and having to learn to work together, the TargetMasters don't work as well because there was no reason for the guns to ever not be guns, no situation where the Transformer is better served by having a little sidekick instead of a gun.

That logic applies to the cassettes too. They have no reason to ever be anything but a robot, Soundwave offers them no advantage.

The toys were sold as 'spy cassettes' and this featured in the cartoon where Laserbeak or Ravage would spy on the Autobots and when they were in cassette mode, Soundwave could play back the footage of what they saw.

Someone pointed out that Welles's casual indifference perfectly fit the attitude of a vastly powerful deity.

Mirage is a spy. Being the posh well-connected aristocrat he is, he's the perfect guy to have undercover.

Except on Cybertron. Where he is a lamp post, and can relay messages on his own. Or the movie where Laserbeak can do his thing independent of Soundwave.

Its like why Combiners would combine and have less dakka and manpower while presenting a bigger target. That’s just how it works.

Targetmasters are little guys with little guns who become a big gun for a big guy when needed, the same way a bot can turn into a vehicle and transport another.

Its just their alt mode, and they have no reason to ever just sit on someone’s hip when not in a fire fight.

Targetmasters and cassette troops, much like minicons and any other smallbots who help big bots, is not about what the big bot can do for the small bots but about how the small bots can be used to help the bigger ones.

Targetmasters are small guys who can serve as soldiers and normal TFs, but they won't be as useful as a Transformer who's many times their size who could just step on them, so they can turn into a weapon if need be. Cassette guys are all useful, but without Soundwave where would they be? He's the gang leader, because he's actually big and strong. It's mutually beneficial. Soundwave's troops serve as his spies and enforcers, but they wouldn't have a chance at being anywhere in the hierarchy without Soundwave who is one of Megatrons right hand men, mostly speaking about the G1 cartoon of course, but even still.

>Its like why Combiners would combine and have less dakka and manpower while presenting a bigger target. That’s just how it works.
The downsides of "bigger target" and "less manpower" are usually irrelevant. Combiners can simply shrug off most attacks from anything less than another Combiner, they're usually presented as a Cybertronian equivalent of a WMD, something you unleash if you just want to wreck everyone on the battlefield, and the only way for the other side to counter them is with their own Combiners.

Bless Soundwave for being a good boss.
>fucking die
>your kids and your boss pick up your pieces and revive you as soon as possible
>be such a nice chad you apologize for the inconvenience
>mind you, your boss is freaking Galvatron but out of all people you are the only one he likes
youtube.com/watch?v=IRGQpt9Cb78

Counterargument: Targetmasters make MORE sense and work better because they are less of a liability.
If a Headmaster and Transformer are not in sync or have conflict, the two minds prevent them from being effective, and if something happens to the Headmaster, the Transformer is now basically stuck in altmode because no head.

Targetmaster is a little sidekick who can help out the Transformer in situations that might require a helper, like if you're hurt and need someone to run for help, and if the Targetmsster does, you yourself are not incapacitated, just unarmed. So it's less of a liability

>Unicron is not explained
if people could accept there's multiple mechanical planets with mechanical people then they can a mechanical planet that just happens to eat things
>The Matrix is not explained
people can deduce it's a symbolical object for leaders, like a crown but it's magical
>Unicron being weak to the Matrix is not explained
going by the explanation the movie gives us about the matrix it can basically annihilate anything (not just Unicron) that poses as a very big threat to cybertron
>The Quintessons are not explained
as far as we knew they were just another alien race that liked to torture people, why would they need an explanation?
>The Junkions are not explained
going back to the first point I made about Unicron

>most of the movie is things just happening for the sake of things happening
aren't most movies like that though?
>There is absolutely no coherent plot or structure whatsoever
but there is?
>usual autobot-decepticon fight happens, the leaders die
>the matrix is passed on, Unicron finds Megatron in space and subjugates him
>from there it's just a goose chase for the matrix while Unicron stumbles upon Cybertron to eat it

Attached: tumblr_pg4yxlWaux1rcl722o1_1280.jpg (1280x640, 109K)

>The downsides of "bigger target" and "less manpower" are usually irrelevant. Combiners can simply shrug off most attacks from anything less than another Combiner, they're usually presented as a Cybertronian equivalent of a WMD, something you unleash if you just want to wreck everyone on the battlefield, and the only way for the other side to counter them is with their own Combiners.
Exactly.

Which is why a guy who turns into a gun is more powerful than just a gun.

The lore is used to shrug off rule of cool.

Don't edgify Elita.
I'm not opposed to buffing her, though.

Attached: 1561656771826.jpg (1080x1350, 182K)

>"Then proceed.....on you way to Oblivion"
That entire exchange between him and Megatron is great

Attached: Screenshot-2019-08-09-at-11.02.27.jpg (950x507, 378K)

Honestly could any non adult cartoon get away with BRUTALLY murdering a large majority of it's cast nowadays? Because I remember the logic behind this sequence and all the corpses in Autobot City was that because they were robots the ratings board didn't give a shit

Attached: 180px-tftm_prowl_dies.jpg (180x347, 28K)

maybe in a niche anime or during a finale

After seeing the Tarn figure I kinda want to find a way to get into writing for the comics. That way I can insert a bunch of OC designs in hopes of them getting turned into cool-looking figures.

>INSTRUMENTS OF CONSUMPTION
>TOOLS TO CLEAN YOUR PLATE
>YOU GET SOME MILD INDIGESTION
>ANTACIDS CLEAR THE WAY

>For decades you thought the lyrics were "vile interruption" instead of "violent eruption"

You should start already and gain a fan following

Fuck You!

Transformers always had some top tier dialog.

Even an adult cartoon wouldn't do that

would've been a good arc for Skywarp.

loyal but kind of a goof off.
comes back from the dead with a renewed vigor to be the best Decepticon he can be.

I think everyone just thought the "transformium" thing was retarded, and they realized it.

I would much rather they have just said "We figured out how to make transformers like robots, but we don't have energon, and because they're synthetic lifeforms they can only run on that one thing" and the issue be getting more.

Eh, the big reason they made him an anti-hero was more they were trying to basically have him be Dinobot.

How did they not do a retake when they fucked up with "Unicorn"

They were secretly going for a my little pony crossover to bump that movie's sales.

Dinobot was different enough.

I know it's not the same thing, but similarly Bayformers always got away with pretty gruesome fatalities for the same reason
>they'r robots, who cares
>bumblebee can rip out ravage's spine Mortal Kombat style

>make bw grimlock a raptor

Attached: Grimlock_specs-4768.jpg (836x1172, 370K)

>make BW Grimlock Dalmatian coloured.

Who among them would you follow?

Attached: megatrons.jpg (892x883, 363K)

IDW or Animated.
They're the ones who seem the most like they're doing it for me, not just themselves.

Much as the comics went to shit later on, IDW Megs is probably the only one who it actually makes sense that anyone followed. He had a cause that appealed to others and while he turned into a tyrant, his followers didn't stop believing in him. Which is entirely believable in real world politics/warfare terms.

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS on the JUMPSTARTERS

youtube.com/watch?v=-56yOTusD9w&feature=emb_title

I wish there was a toy for IDW gladiator Megs.
Basically this.

Pretty sure some cartoons would, just not American ones. A bunch of anime did it as well, though what's special here is that MCs usually die early and are supposed to be bait, regarding Transformers take IDW2 and Rubble as example, or they die near the end by sacrificing themselves. Series in which the MCs were alive for a long time but basically missed the showdown by dying like this or Gurren Lagann are rare.

Attached: 7004.png (960x1170, 1.15M)

How's the new comic?

I personally like it. If you haven't started it yet you will miss the biggest problem people had with it which was slow pacing and build-up, since it's pretty okay reading it at once and not monthly, and by now there is a lot of shit happening, I like the political stuff though I generally like that and usually miss it in fiction and another good thing is that a lot of characters who were ignored for a long time or random evils are getting screentime or cool characterization. Here is also hope Sixshot and Froid will have a long-time relevancy this time.
You should read Galaxies too if you ever consider getting into it. It's a side series that shows different PoVs that change in every arc, with the first one being the Constructicon. Deathsaurus and Cliffjumper will be next.

Attached: EOsZdTrVAAIvDto.jpg (724x1024, 81K)

You wouldn't say that if she were a car.

Attached: 1123641582531.jpg (679x792, 86K)

I wonder if Tarn (or the Tarns) being a mindless drone that does only exist to serve Megatron is some kinds of meta-commentary on the actual Tarn from the comics. Especially considering that Megatron basically created his body there too, with him being some tiny harmless car bot at first.

Attached: 87039252_3034014566610372_2979382494991745024_n.jpg (960x630, 67K)

Apparently at this stage, Grimlock stopped giving fucks.
No, no. I'm very much down with Headmaster Windblade.

Did the third Cyberverse season already air officially in Murrica? Does it even air on tv in the first place?

BW
Armada
Cybertron
Animated
IDW

Exactly. Cyclonus as "Skywarp grows up" could have been a great character arc.

Will evil Megatron get a toy?

Attached: ER05GZXUwAACuIr.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

especially when you contrast it with Scourge who seems even less loyal than when he was Thundercracker. As if he came back wondering what is the point of putting up with this.

I didn't mind the transformium thing (stupid name though) because it did plug some holes with how these things could just scan something and then sprout identical parts (complete with paint jobs)

I still prefer the notion of other continuities where it's not that simple and you literally have to be rebuilt into a robot that can assume that form. One reason is that the Bay movie version keeps making me wonder why they don't constantly rescan shit all the time.
"Shit, Starscream has a plane mode"
"Scan Starscream, now we all have plane modes"
"In fact, just scan Megatron's Robot mode, now we all look like Megatron."

That actually works too, as Scourge, he's promoted to lead a squad of troops but his leader is crazy and has no regard for any of their lives. Surviving a near-death experience makes one of them wonder why he's bothering while the other grows up, gets serious and tries to be all he can be.

>Was ever a character so undeservedly hated as Rodimus Prime?
They started it the moment they couldn't be bothered to come up with a better name.

Attached: 80362.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>implying regular Megatron isnt evil already.

>Megatron
>evil

Attached: Heresy located.gif (640x508, 2.14M)

Allspark or Vector Sigma?

Well then evil evil Megatron.

Aren't they basically the same thing with different names?

How much more evil can you get?

You can argue they both matured in different ways. Thundercracker was serious but unsure of "the cause". He stayed in check mostly because he couldn't figure out a better strategy for life. After all this and seeing "the cause" is even more blatantly just self serving for Galvatron, he's even less attached.

Sywarp/Cyclonus, on the other hand, was always unquestionably loyal, just immature and not as smart. He clings even tighter to the belief that if the Deceptions can just get their act together, the cause will work.

By replacing everone of your underlings with TARN.

Attached: ERyLk7EWAAEfW8s.jpg (1200x900, 170K)

What's he gonna do to poor Chromia drinking her coffee?

Add milk/sugar/cream to it

>Replace all Decepticons with Tarn
>establish a new Decepticon empire
>A Tarn-nation

Depends on what he does with her in the scene that photo is reconstructing

Tarnished with Tarns.

In general, I think it's usually an assumed thing that they have to scan something that's at least similar in theory to with whatever their original altmode was, hence why Bee or Optimus couldn't just scan jets, cause they weren't flyers on Cybertron etc

Of course if you wanna get into details and split hairs, this makes no sense and can be picked apart too, but I think that's the general idea we're usually supposed to just roll with in most things Transformers even when blatant exceptions to the rule clearly exist

Attached: OptimusMissionToCybertron.jpg (625x465, 102K)

Aye

Nooo she likes it black.

>she likes it black

Does she now?

Attached: jazz.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>IDW Megs is probably the only one who it actually makes sense that anyone followed. He had a cause that appealed to others and while he turned into a tyrant, his followers didn't stop believing in him.
Well it all depends, IDW obviously set up a different origin for Decepticons entirely. In the G1 cartoon they were all literal war machines, the Quintessons made the Decepticons to be warriors and made the Autobots to be workers.

In that scenario, it doesn't really require any sort of sympathetic reasoning for why the Decepticons would follow Megatron, who ever is strongest warrior is simply the leader.

>tfw thought Cyberverse was kids' shit and only watched it out of curiosity due to the hype it gets
>actually like it a lot
I should have listened earlier.

Fred Perry pls draw more porn.

How edgy will it be?

Attached: ERdNQ-fU0AA5gUX.jpg (1200x640, 117K)

Ironhide is going to be mad when he comes home.

It is kids shit, it's just not bad. All the Transformers shows have a varying degree of how "kiddy" they are or aren't though, I would say Cyberverse still ends up on the "more kiddy" end of the spectrum if we're just looking at the main Western shows along with Animated, RiD, and obviously Rescue Bots being the most kiddy and for the youngest kids (though, is good too for what it is, it's just pretty much violence free and more slice of life).

People will say G1 is kiddy but it's really not that much, it's just outlandish and at times retarded like pretty much all 80's cartoons, I would say for 80s shows the original TMNT cartoon goes to much more kiddy lengths of making everything a big joke than G1.

Speaking of making everything a big joke, where you really run into issues of "kiddiness" being a bad thing is in some of the Japanese Transformers series in which in can be a bit hard to take seriously if you're a first time viewer who doesn't like comedic elements.

Attached: Predacons-sa.png (512x384, 254K)

Here's my pitch:
A shameless Evil Dead ripoff series called "Pharma vs The Sparkeaters"

Attached: newpharma_zps7b00cfb9-6987.png.jpg (328x328, 89K)

Who's the edgiest canon Transformer, in your opinion?

Attached: coldsteel.jpg (780x770, 217K)

I am in. Reminds me that JRo mentioned in his scripts that he has planned to do some single stories that show different PoVs and are not related to the main drama and one of them would have been Delphi, so just Pharma, Ambulon and such.

Attached: 36279.jpg (1000x1481, 200K)

Sunder. No contest.

What makes Sunder any edgier than, say, members of the DJD, or Overlord, or Getaway?

"Tarn" is literally Damus' own purple, overpowered, sophisticated, edgy deviant art OC who loves torture, pointy objects, hates harmony and has some slight wicked sense of humor and a super special power.

Attached: 3582352.png (500x357, 262K)

I found it kinda boring. Watched the fist season then forgot about it.

Attached: 1546659710248.gif (400x290, 469K)

You should watch the second season. I found it much better than the first
(though, I think I'm in a minority with my opinion, so take that for what its worth)

Original poster here, same. I kinda disliked the first episodes of s1 but learned to like it afterwards though my big problem was that it felt as if 90% of the show was Bee and Windblade only and I don't find them interesting enough to care. S2 has more characters and more stuff is going on and other characters had more screentime.

Not that much really even happens till the second season, the first is mostly just setting up the characters. I would say you can't really judge it by the first alone.

RiD/Car Robots was pretty goofy but it gave us some based bois.

Attached: RIDBadGuys.jpg (900x899, 189K)

Now I'm not one of those 3 episode rule kinda of people but if a show need more than 1 full season to get anything interesting going it isn't worth it.

Anyone have a download link for beast wars?

>RiD/Car Robots was pretty goofy but it gave us some based bois.

Every show has at least 1 or 2 based boys.
Prove me wrong

Attached: jet.jpg (704x528, 65K)

Cyclonus was supposed to be Skywarp because he was the loyal one. Scourge was Thundercracker who was not loyal. Both characters retained their traits into their new forms. The Insecticons were clones integrated into Scourge to allow him to create and control the Sweeps.

The actual Insecticons still appeared in Season 3, and I don't mean as background characters added by mistake. The movie had some problems with continuity.

Attached: That time Japan resurrected Wheeljack.png (606x442, 460K)

Mmm, who's the hottie?

>clones integrated into Scourge to allow him to create and control the Sweep

Scourge and the Sweeps should have been the Reflectors.
Same fucking power, and they never used the Reflectors for jack shit anyway.

Wheeljack

No, the other one

Perceptor

No, the third one

Minerva. Pretty sure they are a headmaster. This is from the Japanese continuation of G1 where for that episode the writer/s didn't know Wheeljack died in the movie, so he just suddenly shows up out of the fucking blue to help solve a science problem. They also accidentally used Ratchet at one point.

Attached: 0011.jpg (482x366, 51K)

That's a console not a character.

Ok, you got me. It's Minerva. But she's technically a human. She's a Headmaster the same way Daniel was, and in Japan, Headmasters are living heads that attach to non-sentient robot bodies called Transtectors.

Attached: WheeljackVictory1.jpg (567x434, 63K)

Rule 63 Nightbeat, huh?

Well it's only 10 minutes and I think the worldbuilding is already good in s1. What I really loved was that Maccadam episode for example because not only did it intruduce a bunch of other characters liek a cool bar keeper, it also showed how the war changed the people and places over time.
Biggest problem isn't the actual story and certainly not the world building but the focusing on the same two mains that work well during the first half but will probably make you tired of them in the second half.

I give Cyberverse a break on it because the episodes are only like 10 minutes, every 2 episodes is basically one episode from a normal series

I would think that except you get to something like Laserbeak who changes his alt mode every five minutes, including turning to a clone of Bumblebee

I'd love to believe because it makes more sense that but even the storyboards identify Bombshell as the guy turning into Cyclonus.

Script and storyboards aren't the same thing. TF the movie went through a few reworks, and even the soundtrack was originally completely different. At one point it was going to be much less dark.

Attached: Faggotstorm.png (703x395, 315K)

Serious question though: Why do people even care who became Cyclonus and who became Scourge?
They were effectively different characters after their upgrades. Why does it even matter?

Malkova posted a few cover ideas for the upcoming Galaxies issue.
How much will Cliffjumper suffer?

Attached: ER-I8LDXUAE_kEW.jpg (659x1000, 128K)

At least he isn't dead. Yet.

Not them but I assume it's because it's interesting to interpret it as sort of evolution of the former characters. Still different people basically, but it's interesting to know whom/what they evolved from and search for hints of similarities.

Attached: 36737.png (542x618, 528K)

That and Megatron having a new altmode every movie is mostly what I was referring to as the "exceptions", and yeah like I said if you think about it too hard it doesn't make sense, but I do think it's kind of the general rule of thumb

Baybeak could be some kind of special bot who can do that who knows, it's like how they had their own version of a "pretender" exist but obviously not all TFs can mimic organic human forms, cause if they could it'd probably come in handy

Attached: Rotf-alice-1.jpg (680x882, 234K)

All his partners die until he sacrifices himself to save his last one.

I don't think he will anytime soon. Deathsaurus seems to be similar to idw1 and the arc seems to be somewhat comedy centric.

But speaking of it: is anybody else being nervous as fuck about the amount of sidecharacters and nonames that get bigger roles in idw2 so far? It's fucking awesome but I cannot shake off the fear that they do this because there will be some mass killings when the war starts or it will be centered around the classical popular characters so they are filling the blanks and roles with less popular dudes here that will never appear again later.

Attached: ER-I8LHWkAANBOm.jpg (659x1000, 168K)

>is anybody else being nervous as fuck about the amount of sidecharacters and nonames that get bigger roles in idw2 so far? It's fucking awesome but I cannot shake off the fear that they do this because there will be some mass killings when the war starts

That would honestly be a "book dropping" turn for me. Half the reason I'm liking this so far is seeing these out-of-left-field characters getting spotlight. If it's all just so we can have lots of kills while saving the classic crew so they can survive for the later days of the war, I'll be pretty bummed out.

I feel like the new IDW is taking a bigger focus on existing characters rather than using too many OCs, which I hope is a trend that continues....which yeah, would mean using a lot of the less frequently used G1 bots in some role or another.

>Half the reason I'm liking this so far is seeing these out-of-left-field characters getting spotlight.
Same. I think it's more of my paranoia speaking though because I am so used to my favorite characters dying or not getting enough screentime. Not just for TF, in general. I think as a comic the story can dare to do a lot of stuff animated series would never do so I hope giving overlooked characters a chance is one of these things. I mean one of the issues literally contains a bot who only existed as concept so far.
I often love OCs, lastly in Cyberverse and Mtmte but I agree. We have so many now that I rather see them giving those screentime again instead of creating even more guys. Well there are a few, but I am okay with them, just not too many.

I'm just saying, you can't say it was supposed to be when preproduction materials and the finished product both jive with each other and neither show what you're saying what was supposed to be.

Alice was one of the biggest derf moments in the whole series.
It was like "oh by the way we can look like people too."

and then it never came up again despite the potential this development brings

Yeah and I mean honestly, even without scraping the barrel of late G1 obscurities and Japanese characters, there were lots of big name characters who didn't really get much shine or have anything interesting done with them in the old IDW, so there is lots new they can do

Yeah, see Sixshot and Heretech who was a one panel character or something. Another interesting thing is giving former villains a chance by making them grey or use bots that didn't get any personality during the last few decades.

>tfw so weak to coochie would have willingly surrendered to that hot killer robot and probably ended up dead

#TransformersCyberverse S3 premieres on 3/15 on #CartoonNetwork in the US! As @MaeCatt tweeted, if you've seen it, please watch it again on CN or #hasbro YouTube, thus letting them know you like our show!! #cyberverse @gavinhignight @GloryLollyTree @GloryLollyTree @salgatron randolph heard on Twitter

Transformers Cyberverse

Sunday, March 15 - 7 A.M. - 301 - Battle for Cybertron I
Sunday, March 15 - 7:15 A.M. - 302 - Battle for Cybertron II
Sunday, March 15 - 7:30 A.M. (EST) - 303 - Battle for Cybertron III
Sunday, March 15 - 7:30 A.M. (EST) - 304 - Battle for Cybertron IV

I like Cyberverse, I want to support Cybervere, but since this is the final season, what will supporting it do again... Will it mean they'll keep making more toys...

It will show Hasbro what we, the fans, like, and will ensure that, even if Cyberverse ends, we will get similar offerings in the future.

>please watch it again on CN or #hasbro YouTube, thus letting them know you like our show
I wish I could. Though I will click the youtube videos and let them run with youtube unblocker and "like" them at least.
It might show them that it's popular enough to warrant a second season one day or a show that is similar or as you said more toys.

You got it backwards user, if you want to support Cyberverse you buy Cyberverse toys, not watch Cyberverse to support toys. Hasbro ain't making millions from some cartoon, the cartoon is meant to sell plastic robots.

Well the writers are asking us to watch it in some place where numbers can actually be tracked, so I assume at least some aspect of watching the final season will help someone other than Hasbro, like what this man or woman here said

It doesn't hurt just switching on the tv or stream if you are American or letting the youtube list run on mute in the background and vote the videos up anyway. Of course buying toys helps as well but giving quotas shows that we not only care about the toys but also the story in which they appeared in.
Are all of the Cyberverse toys announced by now or is there hope that characters from s3 that do not have a toy yet might still appear later?

Yeah maybe. I tend to be cynical about that stuff I guess though seeing how Hasbro has handled other shows, like Littlest Pet Shop being pretty unceremoniously cancelled because of toy sales only to be rebooted in like no time at all, I usually feel like that's the only way they gauge things.

I think it might matter more to the writers of the show than it does Hasbro itself, but regardless I'm digging Cyberverse myself and watch it on Youtube.

I'm also curious as to whether or not Cyberverse was always planned to be a short series, or not. Cause now that I'm thinking about it, the opposite CAN happen, because IIRC horse show was planned to be ended in S3...but it went on for 6 more seasons cause it got a lot of attention by that time.

This is from Victory so, despite not having finished Masterforce, this would be when the robots are given souls(?) and the people are free to live their lives, so Minerva's fully robot but has like, human Minerva's mind/traits or something?
>tfw canonical heresy

Attached: Minerva headmaster.jpg (540x580, 76K)

>Yeah maybe. I tend to be cynical about that stuff I guess though seeing how Hasbro has handled other shows, like Littlest Pet Shop being pretty unceremoniously cancelled because of toy sales only to be rebooted in like no time at all, I usually feel like that's the only way they gauge things.
No I feel the same way. It seems like Hasbro is just shitting out toyline after toyline and doesn't see the series as anything but longer running commercials they will break up and replace with the next commercial as soon as the first new toyline figure is visible on amazon, not even being aware, let alone caring, if the former show had a story and was maybe in the middle of telling it, or how fans feel about a cancellation.

>this movie sucks why didn't we have to watch 5 hours of seeing where unicron came from and learning what his stance on taxes are?

I believe his stance on taxes is "kill everyone and everything"

>Are all of the Cyberverse toys announced by now or is there hope that characters from s3 that do not have a toy yet might still appear later?
We weren't told if this was the final wave or anything, but I don't think we're ever told anything like that.

Well most Transformers shows last three years like what was pointed out, and a lot of the Cyberverse writers are apparently still working for Hasbro, so there doesn't seem to be bad blood, but I think everyone thought they would get another season but Hasbro told them to wrap it up. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks as new episodes air and the writers start talking about it as they come out in America

>I believe his stance on taxes is "kill everyone and everything"
He has the ability to change or create life though, so maybe there's more to it than that

I realize it would require an insanely successful toyline, but I really would like a TF show that could last 5 or 6 seasons.

Even then they would probably kill it because they need NEW toys and at one point the amount of fans of a show reaches its limit and the curve doesn't grow anymore even if there are millions of fans.
Does anybody know if the CV toys sell well? I know that the Megs was sold out in a bunch of places but it's Megs and people are gay for Megs.

The key to solving this problem is sequel series, not reboots.

Hasbro just hasn't ever done it well yet, they feel a need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. You can change things up JUST ENOUGH to warrant a new toyline while keeping within the same universe, and doing that enough to please fans of the prior series while moving the story forward, but they don't ever do it right.

They should just evolve and change forms like Megatron and anime fighters do all the time. Or some parallel world shit or time skip or simply a big cast change to have new bots, there are endless possibilities.

I think it has to do a lot with retailers demanding new shit after a certain amount of shelf life too

It turns out there's actually more factors then ever when it comes to releasing a toy line!

They don't have to do anything that drastic, that's why people hated Beast Machines, it changed too much.

All they have to do is properly and and begin a new story arc that isn't extremely dependent on the last one, and have characters who are well defined enough for newcommers to be able to jump in without doing too much homework.

Hell even if your plan is to introduce a mostly new cast, like they did with RiD 2015, that series still had so little in common with Prime, it being a sequel was pointless.

I was there on opening day. It hit all of us in that theater like a freight train.

Pretty much this but actually, changing forms in some way for older characters is a technique they used like in Beast Wars with the transmetals, transmetal 2s, etc. It can work.

Oh share more about your experience user.

>I never thought of the Heavy Metal comparison but that's a very good point.

Not that guy, but TF the movie is just Heavy Metal + a New Hope + random bits of Marvel comics, for kids.

Which is fine. It came out in 1986. You know what else came out in 1986? Howard the Duck. So yeah, there were far worse scifi movies coming out back then.

>I want to support cyberverse
Why? It's garbage

How so?

i haven't watched it yet, how is it?

Gets better the more money Hasbro gives it so its quality increases in season

Wheeljack invents a wheel clamp gun

In essence, It's a good jumping in point if you want to get into the current G1 continuity without reading walls of lore. It's not great, not terrible.

Also Shadow Striker best girl, fight me

Attached: CyberverseShadowStriker.jpg (336x603, 66K)

Fuck you, Slipstream best girl.

Attached: C54011AC-E14C-485D-A64F-82BD45B5A57E-35182-000021288689F1BD.png (1000x996, 321K)

Could you fucking imagine?

Too bad their money can't get them decent writers.

It's pretty good. It's not quite as severe/melodramatic as Prime was tonally and has more light hearted moments in the mix, but to me that's not a bad thing. It's also lacking in a focus on any human sidekicks, and also features mostly more G1 inspired characters rather than a shitload of newbies like RID had, so if those things sound appealing to you check it out.

Just beware, like has already been discussed earlier ITT, you kind of have to get through the first season before you get to the meat, as early on it's a lot of focus on Bumblebee and Windblade and a lot of world building and flashbacks and shit.

Attached: RiD_Portals_Glowstrike_Saberhorn_Steeljaw_2.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>>Rooster Teeth will produce the original series for Netflix

Oh. That's kinda neat.

So that's what they're doing now that they've fired half their damn employees.

They did fucking nothing with those designs and it's a shame.

>I'd love to believe because it makes more sense that but even the storyboards identify Bombshell as the guy turning into Cyclonus.
>Script and storyboards aren't the same thing.
The script didn't specify which characters would become Cyclonus and Scourge, the storyboard artists got to do whatever they wanted there.

Is this the movie where Orson Welles voices that enemy planet-eating thing and it's hot as hell?

Wow, holy shit, this is some of the best animation I've ever seen! Please post more of Unicron!

youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs

I miss him, bros.

Attached: f715d39e6e0baed2dda5515b2a4bd3b7--transformers-heroes.jpg (236x132, 7K)

>and it's hot as hell?
....What?

Yep true. Not even so much as a figure for her eithr, would have added a Glowstrike to my bugformer squad happily.

Attached: GlowstrikDisguise Concept And Design Art Drop From The Portfolio Of Walter Gatus 17.jpg (1100x667, 58K)

They should do a show where the villains are JUST Insecticons. They have enough through the years to pull it off.
>make G1 style Scorponok the leader
>toss in Glowstrike, Saberhorn, Kickback, Waspinator, Inferno, Bombshell, Manterror, whatever else you like.

Bombshell and Tarantulas are enough to give the kiddies nightmares if they lean into them.

I can't believe they never released a toy from one of the main villains in the series!

>one of the main villains

I think you overrate her importance. She never once came into conflict with the Autobots, and did next to nothing besides show up and tell us "I'm on the management team".
They have her a title to trick you into thinking she was important, but she really wasn't. Was just there to facilitate Steeljaw making a power grab.

What they SHOULD have done was made her and Zizza the same character.
If she had had a standalone episode and then been the head of Decepticon Island, she'd look much more importsnt

He is almost always one of my favorite characters in every series. Just give him the screentime Bee has all the time already.

Attached: EPtJbDzUwAA9raX.jpg (809x547, 89K)

That Bombshell scene in the latest Galaxies issue was pretty damn creepy.

She had enough scenes to count.

Bombshell is creepy even by the 80's cartoon standards.

hello, police...?

Yes?

Attached: 21D8C7CD-6C77-4D59-A32C-96448515689B-22655-00001301A74D004F.png (1280x814, 785K)

I am honestly somewhat tired of some of the ever-appearing guys anyway, unless they are at least interpreted completely different than usually. I also kinda hope Windblade won't appear in WfC at all because they force her into everything and I cannot see her anymore, especially since her personality can usually be summarized as "strong competent mary sue that occasionally rolls her eyes over the stupidity of others, who are less supersmart then her".

>I cannot see her anymore, especially since her personality can usually be summarized as "strong competent mary sue that occasionally rolls her eyes over the stupidity of others, who are less supersmart then her".
Wut? She was never like that except in RiD 2015 and she pretty much was a parody of that concept.

I dunno to me she totally came off as such in Cyberverse too, she always always either beating ob bad guys or explaining things. I liked her in the comics though because there she seemed to be a rather good PoV for the reader and was just trying calm things down while getting shit for it from Starscream all the time.

She was fine in the first season with her interactiona with Bumblebee and Grimlock but it becomes obvious that either the writers hated her or didn't know what to do with her.
Look, she ends up in a coma for a significant bulk of the last season. Poor character was never properly developed outside of being Bumblebee's satellite character.

>"Megatron, is that you?!"
>"Here's a hint!"
Still my favorite part to this day.

>Poor character was never properly developed outside of being Bumblebee's satellite character.
I give you that. She was too much the voice of reason side kick, I think she would have worked better as actual main or one of the mains with changing buddies, not just Bumblebee.

They should have kept Slipstream alive and pair both. So they would have a Rattrap/Dinobot dynamic.

Yeah, it felt like there were a ton of things you could have done with Slipstream in keeping her alive, and the pay off to killing her just wasn't there.
Honestly, I still don't even get WHY Bludgeon killed her. It was so out of left field. In fact, I don't get Bludgeon as a character in this continuity anyway, given he doesn't say anything and killing Slipstream was the only thing he ever did, so I don't get his motivation in anything.

I'm surprised there has yet to be a storyline where Bumblebee becomes a prime.
Is Hasbro afraid it would ruin his appeal?

I haven't watched anything from the season 3, but when I saw that heres what I assumed
>this Bludgeon is some warrior guy obsessed with conflict and battle, thus he doesn't want the Autobots and Decepticons to come to any understanding

Does "Bumblebee Prime" have a nice ring to it?
Besides that, Bumblebee is meant to be the audience self-insert for kids, being the youngest member. If he becomes the Prime, that would take him out of that role.
That said, as a "final episode" kind of deal, where Bee becomes a Prime as his reward for saving the day, it'd work. But I can't imagine a story where Bee starts as a Prime

>Does "Bumblebee Prime" have a nice ring to it?
But what about Goldbug Prime?

>>this Bludgeon is some warrior guy obsessed with conflict and battle, thus he doesn't want the Autobots and Decepticons to come to any understanding

I've heard this argument before, and while I'm not going to say it's wrong (since I don't have any better explanation in its place), it doesn't hold much water with me because the peace talks were going on between Optimus and Megatron anyway, and had been for a while before Slipstream stepped in. He could, at any point, have stirred up shit. Randomly attacked an Autobot, just something to stir up shit. Killing a fellow Decepticon just seems...I dunno, doesn't seem like something he would do for the "stop peace talks" goal. Not to me anyway.

I hope not, he gets already more than enough attention for how boring he is.

Yeah but as they say in the episode, Optimus and Megatron attempting peace talks is nothing new and apparently always results in them fighting and going their separate ways again.

Bludgeon saw what Slipstream was telling to Windblade, which would have united them, so he killed her knowing he could get away with it, since the only witness would be Windblade.

There was but I think it was like a text story or something

I liekd the Megatron in Cyberverse. It's so much better seeing him as some likeable antagonist that was friends with Optimus once and could become it again instead of whatever edgy stuff WfC will dump onto us.

A lot of s3 stuff seems cool but convoluted to me, as if it was originally planned to be four seasons or something. The pacing felt a bit fast.

Attached: 435.gif (368x368, 1.72M)

"Bumble Prime".

Surprise Decepticon Prime when?

I wonder if the decision to end it was a sudden one. It certainly puzzles me.

I wouldn't wonder if it was like with lost light and other series again and they told them halfway.

Attached: 356373848.png (1275x716, 1014K)

On the plus side, Slipstream didn't stay dead for long.

She might have gotten a more meaningful death if the series was longer though, if this is the only character you care about.

I miss her bros...

Nah, I cared about other guys like Grimlock, Wheeljack or Hot Rod. But that death was no good.

YOU GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEEEERR

>me Grimlock clever girl

Bleh. I hate bumblebee.

How's Starscream? He can be hit or miss for me; I kind of like him when he's less absurdly treacherous/Evil simply because it makes no sense for him to be able to continue to EXIST when he's cartoonishly buffoonish about his intent to betray everyone.

YEAH!

Attached: 1547142201999.png (780x575, 409K)

Why? he's literally bootleg starscream.
Eh, if they did that I think it would work best if it was a three way type situation: Insecticons on one side with a "Bug war" kind of setup (Most of the insecticons are mindless drone cannon fodder lead by the named free thinking insecticons), the decepticons as another more individualized group of villains that oppose them as well, and then the auto-bots as the heroic faction.

>undeservedly
Hot Rod is literally the reason Optimus dies.

Can we add spiderbots too? I wanna see Airachnid as a squad leader with Tarantulas and Blackarachnia as underlings.

Same.

Attached: 1512742477243.jpg (800x1103, 250K)

You know, the thing about BW megatron is that I LOVE him as a villain... but he's NOT megatron, or at least not proper megatron.

BW megatron is incredibly hammy and talkative, with a focus on guile and subterfuge over brutal military tactics and generally only resorted to fighting as either a last resort or when he thought he had everything completely stacked in his favor to win. Like, he could throw down HARD when need be, and normal megatron can be deceitful, but he generally prefers a "Lead from the front and use overwhelming force" approach to backstabbing and cloak and dagger, and he's much grimmer and NOT jovial.

I wish there was a way to bring BW megs back as his own seperate villain, yesssss....

Imagine cumming on her datapad so that when she goes to consult it she sticks her finger in the cum and is grossed out but she really really needs that info so she keeps touching the cum.

>First... Prime. Then Ultra Magnus. And now, you... It's a pity you Autobots die so easily! Or I might have a sense of satisfaction now...

Would be tough, given the circumstances of his character basically hanging on the fact that he's more like somebody emulating their icon rather than being their successor, only bearing the name, but none of the infamous skills of his predecessor. Most I can imagine would just be some story that maybe has the BW cast somehow getting pulled into whatever continuity of whatever work they're crossing over with. Since otherwise it would require a setting where the original Megatron is either dead or absent to allow a Predacon who admired him to take on the name.

It would be cool to get a bit of him with his original name as a thug trying to build an empire who praises the "oldschool Decepticon ideal".

Wonder if he ever did have one. I wouldn't be surprised if Cybertronians are kind of like the Gargoyles, where they might not be born with names and simply choose them on a whim.

>BW Megatron isn't Megatron

Well yeah, BW Megatron is some dude from the future who started calling himself Megatron to sound cool, he's basically the equivalent of a dude calling himself Ceaser to try and pretend he has a claim on the Roman Empire (though in BW Megs' case he actually named himself after a mythological figure original Megs also named himself after, so basically both of them are going around calling themselves Mr Satan). I think his original name was some lame shit like Gnashteeth, so I can't blame him personally.

I feel like he outright said he renamed himself but can't remember when and don't have the time to go check.

As for Cybertronian naming conventions they seem to be named by whoever oversees their creation though they do tend to change their name later on to something they think is more accurate.

I didn't mean literally, I meant that he didn't function the same as a character.

I'm saying that I loved his character, but its functionally different from megatron, so it'd be difficult to redo him since a megatron with his personality would be very jarringly "wrong". Kind of like how people find the Armada starscream offputting due to being a fairly heroic and non-treacherous character so he can't be redone very easily.

That line doesn't make sense. They weren't the only ones he killed.

They were the only ones that he considered worth remembering, even if the show was later a bit confused about whether Galvatron had all of Megatron's memories or was entirely his own bot.

I can't stand both but CV worked for me nonetheless, it might be a taste thing though. I like the world building and the series takes a bunch of ideas from the idw run plus Megatron is pretty likeable in this one and he has a cool chemistry with Optimus instead of them being just mortal enemies that kill each other like in other shows. Plus, the show has more plot going on than you would expect of it. Hard to talk about Starscream for me because he always annoys me, I would call this one standard. Annoying treacherous shit that gets more screentime than deserved but sadly that's true for every TF series and continuity ever.

Your suggestion is the opposite of what I'd want.
Might as well just keep the insecticons as a subtraction if you're going to keep the Decepticons in and relegate the bugs to "mindless drones".

Why are people so obsessed to make robot series about furry?

>Eh, if they did that I think it would work best if it was a three way type situation: Insecticons on one side with a "Bug war" kind of setup (Most of the insecticons are mindless drone cannon fodder lead by the named free thinking insecticons), the decepticons as another more individualized group of villains that oppose them as well, and then the auto-bots as the heroic faction.
That's kind of how it was in G1, the main Decepticons had to deal with the Insecticons bullshit sometimes too.

They were technically Decepticons, but they were kind of their own squad who had their own intentions, like the Combaticons before they were reprogrammed or Tarantulas in BW, or the G1 Dinobots for the Autobots.

>because it makes no sense for him to be able to continue to EXIST when he's cartoonishly buffoonish about his intent to betray everyone.
I pretty much view it like this, the Decepticon "way of life" as it were is all about power and power grabs, Starscream is tolerated because Megatron usually knows he can just smack him back down, until things go too far and he gets murdered (G1 movie, hell even Cyberverse did this....only thing is, Starscream is very popular so he's never gonna stay dead)

Attached: insecticonsg1.jpg (720x455, 82K)

They got cold feet directly because of the Optimus death backlash

>Let's sell these military toys for kids by ripping of Conan The Barbarian's R rated ass movie! It'll be great!
- Some guy at Hasbro in the 80s

Attached: coming soon to 1987 - Death Race 2000 playset from Hasbro.jpg (693x551, 62K)

The insecticons being unicorn spawn is good.
But I like that they had multiple groups and factions within both groups.

People were normal back then. There weren't any screeching helicopter moms and purity woke fags around yet that would call you out for showing a drop of blood in a cartoon. No kid gave a flying fuck about such scenes, we were maybe surprised when an important character might have been killed but that's it.

>The TF Movie isn't anime and it for damn sure isn't Gundam.

It was animated entirely in japan and even has gundams in one scene.

>tumblrfags whining about the Starscream "death" scene in Cyberverse and how abusive and terrible the writers are
>finally catching up on that series now
>little shit was actually hateful towards everybody including Slipstream from the very start and literally beat Megatron up before, when he was wounded, leaving him behind to die and burn and making fun of Soundwave being angry
The beating was actually satisfying to watch and fully deserved, fuck him and his retarded sjw fans.

You weren't there. Christian fundamentalism had an absurdly strong influence back then. There were plenty of stunted, insecure, soup brained, paranoid adults in every school and church more than ready to call for the banning of anything that could possibly be "Satanic" or deviant in some way. Virtually all 80's cartoon media was considered problematic in some way. Star Wars? Pagan. He-Man? Pagan and homosexual. TMNT? Glorifying violence and teenage rebellion. Dungeons and Dragons was the most vilified thing as the concept of a "fantasy role playing game" was just too confusing and frightening for what were supposed to be grown adults in a first world country. This sort of thing didn't disappear even in the early 2000's. Even something as wholesome and Pokemon was considered a demonic thing by quite a lot of concerned parents and church members.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hnjdq32u-MU

But that's wrong.
And the proof is Duke being not dead.

Dungeons and Dragons didn't get a season 2 because people were normal back then and thought that shit was a form of satanic worship for kids. They took Dragon Warror off US television because of those screeching helicoptor moms. And if you don't think news reporters weren't filming all mom's storming out the theater with their sobbing ass kids in tears over Optimus dying back then you're fucking crazy.
Fuck you asshole yes I am still mad about 30 years later.

Attached: EDdFh0VUcAAQA-d.jpg (957x1546, 166K)

Matrix-bearers.

What do you expect from the people who sent the RiD2015 team death threats for changing Starscream from his Prime design back to his 80s design.

ONE SHALL STAND

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh

Not in Germany. This sounds like actual horror though. I had heard that there were christian cultists in America back then but I assumed the stuff on the level of vilifying D&D was more meme than reality.
>Even something as wholesome and Pokemon was considered a demonic thing by quite a lot of concerned parents and church members.
There is no way their children aren't neurotics nowadays. Now that I think of it this would explain so many weird phenomenons I see happening on the internet that never made sense to me. Even a lot of the radical woke bubble seems to unknowingly replicate this purity faggotry, at least regarding porn.

>Not in Germany.
Explain this.

Attached: bKGWj4cMDTF1V6BXuQxUTggmOF8kPMqIEfyjzhzsYD0.jpg (546x203, 20K)

What the shit. I missed this, I wasn't following TF series during Prime/RiD2015. Are many of his crazy fans people that got into the fandom because of Prime? It seems like most of these neurotics are attached to this.

On a side note: were they aware that ALL designs were changed? Not only seem they crazy but most of these people seem to not even watch the series they talk about. I only ever see them posting anything if Starscream appears and if he doesn't they cry "WHERE IS HE?" and annoy fans of other characters for liking guys that do appear. I wouldn't wonder at all if they would just ever watch or read episodes containing him and ignore the rest of the series, none of them ever seemed like a genuine TF fan to me, with the exception of a few porn artists/writers maybe.

>From the Eagle's Nest
Trust mad fundies who see Satan in everything to completely miss the fact they've given their base of operations the same name as a Nazi meeting place.

Attached: Hitler_with_prince_Philipp1.jpg (538x251, 37K)

I didn't say censoring didn't exist, religious fanatics weren't a thing and nobody was ever believing satan or demons or shit like that existed. People would have laughed at them even in the 80s. At least where I live, might be different in shitholes like Bavaria.

just name the 2nd one "Armada" and base it on the bigger Combiner Wars mold.

But storyboards of the film showed Red Alert and Trailbreaker's death.

Attached: TFTMSB.png (781x969, 1.19M)

>Stone Hedge
>He-Man has more power than Jesus
>Young guy clearly based his look on Trump
This is fucking gold.

I don't get their infatuation with this design, it always looked retarded to me and I don't even like his usual design. But Prime Starscream was just full tranny and didn't even look like a transformer bot.

Starscream has, by far, the single worst following in the fandom.

Cyberverse didn't have to become the Starscream show as soon as season 2 started.

Attached: ESAFgOiXkAECQ9M.jpg (750x581, 77K)

>Megatron: *grabs it and puts it on his fridge*

Victory was my favourite japanese transformers series, this intro was so awesome:
youtube.com/watch?v=TtvKrbghDgI
I also was a big fan of Starsaber, he was a very good Optimus replacement. Sick transformation, intense fights, wise leadership. I wish he'll appear in new western animation series or games.

Attached: 512ac931bac80d692b69344d09493229ed517cb1v2_hq.jpg (480x360, 23K)

If I had the money I would buy every single kuro kara kuri figure they have including Starsaber. He looks awesome.

I am used to the "abuse" posts that call you out for being a toxic person if you like Megatron or anyone that had a problem with Starscream once, so basically every single other character, as well as the posts that claim he is the only character without fault and has never done anything wrong despite being deliberately written as the biggest piece of shit the writers could think of, but recently I even saw posts calling people transphobic if they dislike this guy. Yeah, makes zero sense, but it was a novelty. I hadn't seen this one yet.

Attached: tumblr_nud5wxK9mK1rne0z6o1_r2_1280.jpg (1152x1920, 719K)

>I even saw posts calling people transphobic if they dislike this guy.
Oh yeah, I had the pleasure of dealing with one of these people directly. Apparently Windblade is a very hateful individual.

What the hell. No idea what happened but I feel sorry for you.
How the fuck did they even blame Windblade for anything? I mean with Megs they can at least do their bullshit with power dynamics, which is idiotic by the way, but might fools people that do not watch the series, but Windblade? If anything she was always the one with a lower position who suffered from his constant bullshit.

>religious fanatics weren't a thing and nobody was ever believing satan or demons or shit like that existed. People would have laughed at them even in the 80s.
Welcome to America.
"Strong Christian Family Values" is all part of the Southern/Middle American gothic as deep fried butter, burning crosses and occasionally impregnating blood relatives.

>This sounds like actual horror though.
Poltergeist 2
Children of the Corn
and many others, I'm sure...

Attached: BibleBelt.png (572x371, 16K)

Because she was the one that theorized that Starscream must have felt some sort of body dysmorphia because he was constructed cold. In their words: 'she said that Starscream must have been evil for that very reason and that's transphobic'.
Something of the sort, plus they were pro-harassing M. Scott and apparently any fan of pairing Windblade/Starscream because it was a toxic relationship. For Starscream.

Well it's already a jump to get from "dysphoria because constructed cold" to "she is saying he is evil because of this" to "he is evil because he is trans", not to mention that tons of other bots were constructed cold too, and not mention that some other bots like Tarn changed their body way more than Starscream ever did, but other characters never play any role in their equations unless it's to prove how much of a victim he is.
>pro-harassing M. Scott and apparently any fan of pairing Windblade/Starscream because it was a toxic relationship. For Starscream.
This is comedy tier. If anything they make writers tired enough of this shit to learn their lesson and simply never make another story about him ever again.

>toxic relationship. For Starscream
>For STARSCREAM

holy fuck, that's a good one.

Not that guy but I literally saw two people claiming Windblade was toxic for acting like a bullying victim of Starscream when he was obviously just acting out due to anxiety caused by trauma.
Now you know why these people are incapable feeling any shame or guilt. They can bully someone till they commit suicide and they will cheer and see absolutely nothing wrong with their actions because THEY are the victims. I unorinically think many of those posters need psychological help.

That's these people for you. They hate Windblade with a passion because it messes with their crush. At this point I'd rather take a stock Starscream just hanging out in the background and getting a couple of Spotlight episodes and that's it.
Ask those crazies if they cared about Slipstream or those other Seekers. Most likely not.

>Ask those crazies if they cared about Slipstream or those other Seekers. Most likely not.
I noticed this. They never seem to care about any other character in the first place. They probably don't even like Transformers and only watch stuff for him because they got meme'd into believing this whole abuse victim/trans bullshit other people were projecting onto him.

I grew up in conservative Tennessee in the 90's and was a child of this sort of culture and yes, it did turn me into a neurotic. It was really painful because as a child, I didn't know any better. The idea that all the things I liked could lead me to eternal Hell really messed with me. I'm nearly 30 years old now but gosh, that upbringing really did mess me up a whole lot. As a kid I only knew what was around me, this was before the internet was what it is today, that town I lived in was my whole world and what the adults believed was the only "truth" I knew. It was fear, prejudice and ignorance directed from adults to vulnerable children and these adults really should be ashamed of themselves.

The woke scoldy types seem mostly young to me. I went through an online "angry atheist" phase when I was their age along with a ton of other people. They're angry in the same way I was angry and I'd say both of these groups were/are angry for real reasons. Both of them are/were upset about bigotry of some kind and they are lashing out. A lot of people ARE racist, misogynistic and so on. They're tired of it. I'm tired of it too. Unfortunately sometimes that anger gets misdirected at things they shouldn't be angry at.

Porn is bad though. Don't watch it.

It baffles me how people can even be indoctrinated enough to believe it will make their kids happier if they make them incapable of enjoying stuff. Sometimes I wonder if it's just some kind of venting and retribution, they fucked up their lives so they feel some satisfaction from fucking up others's lives too.

It's not about being happy. It's about ensuring a place in heaven. This is an important thing to understand. Actually I just remembered that whole "Binding of Isaac" game was based on this phenomenon.

I don't know much about the Starscream fandom but for me as a kid I really liked him and still like him today because he just felt like representation to me. I'm a really effeminate man. When I had long hair I was often mistaken for a woman and I just have certain mannerisms, interests and behaviors that are, well typically female. I got bullied all throughout highschool for being gay. However I am a heterosexual and I'm not trans or anything. I consider myself a 100% straight man. I'm pretty sure Starscream was coded gay, because being gay was seen as more "evil" in the 80's, or at the very least something of suspicion. Queer-coded men were often portrayed as villains in a lot of media.

But I didn't know all that so for me as a young kid watching this cartoon and seeing and hearing Starscream I thought "Oh these Decepticons are my guys." And I don't think there was any character in any media I saw as a kid that resonated so strongly.

Attached: tumblr_pdst0fgHL91s5v1kw_540.jpg (540x372, 45K)

I think I haven't seen a male Starscream fan that was an asshole so far so you are probably okay anyway, user. I even have sympathies for certain characters for a similar reason. Villains are often written in a way to make them different from the random normal guy the mainstream is supposed to identify with, so there are many villains that seem aromantic or are, or queer or autistic and basically anything that isn't the default.

>Porn is bad though. Don't watch it.
What about drawn porn, tho?
Asking for a friend... several imaginary fictional friends.

If you are into Transformer porn in any way you are already a lost cause anyway, just enjoy it user.