So when does this show get good?

So when does this show get good?

Attached: TSA_1193568_2015-18-4--00-16-17.jpg (400x545, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4iCH_Jw32YE
youtu.be/lB-wRxSNU7o
youtube.com/watch?v=aftHQdRKvts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season 3

On par with Golden Girls as far as social commentary is concerned, and since Golden Girls are 10/10 in that regard, that's a compliment.

wtf is golden girls gramps?

literally with the first scene

it takes a couple of episodes to get going, especially because there are so many characters that need to be introduced

if you don't like it after the first season then it's probably not a show for you, you don't have to like it

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best.

bout ep 4

>this is america, man

the first fucking scene

this is sesame street compared to the real popo kino, fx the shield.

It kicks in around that "Fuck....fuck....FUCK!" scene. That's where it goes from good to great

Based

After ame of Thrones

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Season 1 episode 1

this
>you got to man, this is America

The pilot
Get some taste plebeian

Overrated. And didn't age well

episode 5-6

>Game the same, just got mo fierce.

what is it about this show that normies like so much? season 1 was decent but every one after is progressively worse until you get to 4 and its dogshit by then

MY NAME IS MY NAME

It doesn't
Based

You mean the last episode of season 5. This show is the most boring piece of shit veiled in "its so realistic". I don't give a shit if it's realistic if I don't like anyone in it.

Attached: 1555741110782.jpg (255x246, 11K)

It doesn't. Don't watch it. Just... Leave it alone. Pretend like it doesn't exist.

You simply cannot comprehend kino

go watch sopranos if you want boom boom. I'm gonna give you a spoiler now so be ready. The cops only fire their guns twice in the entire show, and they are both against other cops and accidents. The Wire is a visual novel, and plays like one. It doesn't rely on cliffhangers or the television version of clickbait like your breaking benjamins, or game of plebs, or proleranos. If season 1 isn't action packed enough for you, you'll gonna fucking find paint dry more entertaining when you watch season 2; as season 2 is 99% dialogue with a completely different cast of characters. The Wire is the study of Baltimore as a city. Don't get it confused with it being some dumb cop action adventure series where good guys fight bad guys, and every episode is pot boiler trash.

you might not realize this but niggers are fucking retarded. This is how niggers talk to each other when they try to be smart. You might not realize that because you're just trying to make an edgy comment. A nigger drug dealer isn't going to be spouting Hegel or Nietzsche to you.

S1 is quite good throughout
S2 starts out weak but then soars to height that no other season can ever reach again
The other seasons stay on a high level of quality regardless
I fucking love this show

Season 2 is unironically good

This, spiros and the greek are uniro3the best villain of the series

>This is how niggers talk to each other when they try to be smart
No, when they try that they say things like "you better go before I lose my composure out this bitch"
Bodie a best

season 2 is dry because people didn't have the right expectations. Season 1 makes it seem like the show will never get deeper than being a extremely low level drug dealing show. Remember, those guys weren't even the kings of some national or international racket. They were the counts of a couple towers in a D class city.

>uniro3the
How'd you make that happen, m8?

when it ends

why does it go right back to being a stupid run of the mill drug dealing show after season 2?

to me season 2 was the only season that had potential and they fucked it up with bad actors and cringe worthy dialog. the rest of the show was just more cops and thugs shit, nothing special nothing original.

Over 90% of heroin is produced in Afghanistan. And what do you see, them teaming up with the FBI bringing in heroin; all that protection just if they give up a couple of low level jihadi scum every couple months on the side.

if you dont like it its because you have no taste and no attention span and constantly need shitty sex scenes and shit flying around the scene in CGI
sorry that there arent any fucking dragons or ice zombies for you to appreciate a show grow up incel

because the show is about Baltimore, and Baltimore is a D class city. They couldn't take it any further without it being ludicrous. Even the Greeks were probably just middle management in some grander faceless organization/entity.

seaon 2 was pretty bad, season 1, 3,4,5 are all amazing

I don't understand why people prefer the later season though, they still focus very much on individual people instead of the entirety of Baltimore crime or some shit
Also, I remember during the first few episodes I was like "what the fuck do I care about the stevedore union" but ended up being engrosses by Frank's struggle to keep the place going almost against my will.
I still think all the dudes are absolute retards for not switching jobs from an oversaturated workforce but at least it was interesting to watch

When you walk though the garden

based

Season 2 was the greatest series of all time.

Bunk is absolutely the best character and you cannot convince me otherwise.

His speech to Omar is absolutely the best scene in the show

Frank Sobotka did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1553025280927.jpg (531x531, 20K)

makes me sick motherfucker how far we done fell

Season 1 is as good as it's going to get. It was quite entertaining. Season 2 is about some dumb fucking polak dock workers. Don't even bother with it. Don't listen to these fucking "it's about Baltimore" faggots . If I wanted to know about some shithole city I'd watch a documentary about it.

Bunk is a bro. I liked when he was talking to Omar about Lacrosse and being the only black guy who played. We would all be lucky to have a guy like Bunk amongst our friends.

Don't listen to this idiot. Just watch it for yourself and see what happens. and to answer your question, episode 3.

youtu.be/4iCH_Jw32YE
>Jimmy, you gonna become legend over this shit
youtu.be/lB-wRxSNU7o

Attached: hey mcnulty.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Because their jewish overlords tell them to like it on their zionist media and pop culture discussing websites. Notice that most of the people who spout dumb shit like it being da greatest show ever because it's so realistic!! come from redd*t and try to force their boring shit on us.

Attached: 4CHANREDDIT.png (1160x800, 611K)

The drunk scenes are pretty believable.

>calling the wire the normie pick
hard yikes

>literally in the top four of all time series on IMDB
It's pretty much as normie as it gets.

fuck off retard, i like both shows.

It really isnt. You’d know that if you spoke to normies, but we both know you dont leave the house, basement trash.

There's no way a series is so universally praised without being normie. Protip: the top 3 on the same list are Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Rick & Morty. The Wire is objectively just as normie tier as these ones.

Don't invest in the show. The showrunners had no clue what they were doing. The show wanders from one thing to another, never offering a "why are we here" and rarely offers compelling and satisfying ends to those plot points. They literally jump around seemingly at random. It's really sad that the show is so highly regarded here.

oof
you really are a fucking idiot. hell half of season 4 is talking about how niggers are racist and fucking retarded and have messiah savior complexes, instead of actually fixing their communities.

Is this bait?

No. The show is mediocre at best.

Why don’t you go watch a documentary about how shitty Baltimore is and STFU.

>go to thread about show
>wtf why are you talking about this show
thats you right now

Royce?

Attached: Carcetti.JPG.jpg (603x903, 53K)

I dunno lads, I just finished Sopranos (best show i've ever seen) and then looked up a list of other "best" shows and Wire came up in all of them either in #1 or #2. Sometimes even beating out sopranos.

So far, it's fucking boring. All of the characters are bland as fuck. I'm only at Episode 7 or some shit (when the Omars faggot twink gets killed) but holy shit do I hope it picks up because so far, it's a snoozefest.

It doesn't help that I absolute despise niggers and this show seems like one of the "no true evil" types of shows where the police will get portrayed in a similar negative life as the crooks. Basically cringe worthy moral equivalency when there is none.

This pretty much is exactly how I felt
>"What if da pawnz be smart dawg?"

Actually eye rolled when he said that, fucking babbies attempt at philosophy.

Attached: 1554665449946.png (888x894, 520K)

And the show aged so well too....
Half of this overrated pos is about fucking pagers.

I don’t need 60 hours of television to know that the war on drugs is bad.
Unless you’re a nigger or an Irish cop, don’t bother with this show,

>made by a kike

dropped it right then

You'll probably stop at Season 2 then. It's a whole season about goddamn fucking shipping containers. I loved the show but I'll admit that it isn't for everyone.

Attached: 1552191241037.jpg (840x1008, 37K)

That line doesn't make any sense and you know it. Simon just wanted to signal that the show was an allegory without actually fitting it into the dialogue in a logical way. If someone a nigger robbed you every time he played with you you would stop letting him around.

>I absolute despise niggers
MAYBE this show is not for you

>It doesn't help that I absolute despise niggers
based

The chess scene metaphor wasn't done for the sake of the metaphor, it was an attempt to express D's personal conflict between the Game and how distanced he is from it. It's slow because it is more about police politics and criminal politics from the perspective of each. It isn't a cop and robbers show, it's a show about the divide between individuals and groups in the system. It's only enjoyable once you speculate how every choice that the characters' make have effects on each other. That's all it's about, fundamentally, choice and lack thereof.

The pasta nigger show is way more acclaimed than the Wire though.

dude i can smell the sarcasm.
but the season with the schoolkids is dope

a lot of it was taken from David Simon's experiences when he was embedded in the Baltimore murder police for a year. The "when it was time for you to fuck me, you were very gentle" thing is in his book, for example. So is the real Jay Landsman.

Attached: Homicidecover.jpg (256x389, 27K)

I have literally never met a person who has watched the Wire, even the ones who watch a lot of TV. Normies completely ignore it.

This but unironically

Huge mistake watching The Wire AFTER the Sopranos. That would change it from "eh okay something to do on a sunday" to unwatchable.

>real Jay Landsman
was in the show as well

Attached: 400full-jay-landsman.jpg (400x250, 11K)

The Wire took the Sopranos and made it watchable though. No one cares about a fat pasta nigger's midlife crisis. The most interesting parts of the Sopranos were the cops' attempt to take him down, the Wire just made a whole show about that and threw out the therapy. Not to mention got secondary characters that were actually enjoyable to look at instead of AY TONE FUHGEDABOUDIT.

he was a real sick fuck in real life, which makes it pretty funny that he played such a vanilla guy in the show. He probably got a good laugh about it.

The Sopranos and The Wire are totally different, stop trying to compare them. They're both good.
They have almost nothing in common aside from the surface subject matter.

Attached: 5KrKLlM.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

you aren't wrong, it was a struggle for me to get through the wire. you should watch The Shield.

You need to be 18 to post here

No they're not. The Sopranos went, "Hey, what if we took the head of a crime organization and looked at his SUBURBAN HOME LIFE?" The Wire went, "Wait a minute, no one gives a shit."

The first part of season 3 of the Sopranos is basically half of the Wire. Cops trying to use a bug to arrest Tony while having to obey all the privacy laws.

Nah this show shows niggers acting like niggers. Very eye opening.

One of the homicide detectives is also played by an actual former Balitmore police Commissioner who got forced out for improper loan claims.

Not to mention the real life inspiration for Avon Barksdale playing a priest.

Ed Norris?

During the second half of the first season.

I think Real Omar also had a minor role but I'm too lazy to look up who he was

imagine not liking this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=aftHQdRKvts

Attached: McNulty is up to his usual tricks.jpg (919x910, 100K)

>the seething hot roastie take
Kys for typing those words niggergender

>he doesn't like bunk
>he doesn't feel sorry for bubbles
>he doesn't find mcnulty entertaining

I think you're just a cock m8

This desu
Honestly don't think I would have finished the wire after watching deadwood and the sopranos now

This. But it also shows successful and even principled negroes, which exist as well.

Try again pastaniggerlover.

>not liking the entire barksdale crew
based to a man

Perfect in every way

>feeling sorry for a junkie
Yeah no.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1555961143331.jpg (1242x1245, 1.12M)

It never does. It's overrated by BBC lovers

Who are the Suburbanites?

>racially integrating a city
>keeping its white people
Pick one, faggots.

>where's Wallace?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 7K)

Attached: L47Jv.jpg (1976x1240, 749K)

crackas, thats why there's a massive black phallus pointing at them

>suburbanites is actually a portmanteau of "suburban whites"

>Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Rick & Morty
It's easy to find someone of just about any age who watches/watched at least one of those, but I bet you'd have a harder time with The Wire I've met far more people who've seen The Sopranos than The Wire. It's not a normie show, despite its acclaim.

he was the one who helped Omar in prison.

muh Slavs are all bad

This

The big bald dude with the muslim hat

>White people, please move back and pay taxes, we gotta get mo money fo dem programs

nigger anons pretending that the wire is some roastie reddit tier show has to be the hottest Yea Forums take of alll. The Wire had abysmal ratings the entire time it aired because of how dry, and the show progressed like a novel instead of cliff hangers, clickbaits, cheap murders/drugs, and AYY TONE' one linrs. The Wire also was a hyper realistic show, as sopranos takes immense creative liberties.

This is the author.

Attached: Anirban.png (960x800, 1.19M)

just another iteration of "come home white man" after spending 20 years going "fuck whitety ima take whats mine!" Detroit doing the same thing. Zimbabwe is the most prime example of the entire world though. In fact, Zimbabwe just a week or so ago, pledged to give every white farmer reparations for farm attacks during the 90s-2010s under Mugabe. Dolling out billions of dollars.

Season 1 is great, but it gets better as it goes on. Season 4 is my favourite. If you don't enjoy the absolute kino of season 2, the show isn't for you

implying they aren't

normies ignore because you have to actively watch it. Its not just something you can have on while you play on your phone to take nude snapchats on in the background. Then they have to rewind or be completely lost, because it progresses like a novel and doesn't hold your hand. Then normies say "wtf this is boring" and turn it off and watch sopranos or breaking bad.

Episode 1

apparently the actors were really pissed about season 2 because they thought they were turning it into some white person show, and abandoning the season 1 characters for good. Then they saw where it was heading with the Greeks, and season 3 and 4, and most now agree season 2 is the definitive season of the Wire. Its when it transcends to greatness and not just entertainment.

I'm not sure why, you'd think the woke crowd would be all over it since it has extremely well developed black and characters with storylines all to themselves. Not to mention the fantastic female characters

It doesn't. It stays the same, you just start to care about these losers around halfway mark of season two and then they've got you.

It wasn't popular when it came out, and TV shows don't just get popular years later like some movies or books do. It's more popular yeah but it'll never reach true mainstream levels.

The show is a perfect example of how to make a multi ethnic show. it doesn't pander to anygroup, it doesn't shoehorn anything in to appear "woke", it just tells the best story it can using the characters created to their fullest potential. Literally made me re-think my perceptions about black gang culture when I was an edgy teenager.

This.

normies find Sopranos too boring too homie

after you're 14 years old

The war on drugs is pretty shoehorned since Simon is so autistic about it. Colvin in particular is basically self-insertion.

>fantastic female characters
Be less subtle next time you basedboy

Which is weird because it had such high ratings during its run. I meet very few watchers of it.

If anything you're the one who sounds onions here bud.

He's not wrong. I'm struggling to think of any. Maybe Kima.

People who thinks this is a liberal show is a retard
>gangs are pre-dominantly black (excluding that very small White boys selling dope at the East side and Greek's international organization)
>corrupt Jewish lawyers
>corrupt politicians who siphon money are Black except Andy Krawczyk
>incompetent police like Burrell who only thinks about his career and not the people of Baltimore

that's true but that's a main narrative theme. I was more thinking of pointless "white people bad" or similar concepts that you sometimes

I would add Rawls in early seasons too but I find him not as impactful as the other corrupt characters I listed.

Kima and that lawyer chick who McNulty was shagging were both good. Idk, don't get me wrong I enjoy that the show is mostly men doing cops and robbers shit. Just saying that there's female characters who don't feel like they're there just for a banal social statement

Yeah but you know if it was made today it would be all PoC cops and dykes taking down neo-nazis

Which is hilarious because Simon is liberal as fuck, he just accidentally made a redpilled show.

Snoop was cute

Liberals then and liberals now are totally different. Now being a liberal is like following the latest fashion, everyone is doing it so it is cool to be one.

being a liberal in the early 00s did not mean sucking the dick of every minority and hating white people like it does now.

>trying to bait people by claiming the wire is bad

I'm not even triggered. The show is so good that I'm just happy I have the capacity and patience to appreciate it.

Attached: jCIMLEs-578x422.jpg (578x422, 12K)

YAEERGH

Mcnulty my office

Attached: 1547825875853.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

I thought she was a guy for the longest time

1>4>>>>>>>>

Attached: 1077980277.jpg (640x421, 86K)

That didn't work as intended, but you get the point.

Season 1 is GOAT.

The pieces start to all fit together in season 2 and 3.

He's just very blunt and honest about what he saw in Baltimore racially.

>Why did we make this guy Jewish? Because when I was covering the drug trade for 13 years for the Sun, most of the major drug lawyers were Jewish. Some of them are now disbarred and others are not but came pretty close. Anyone who is anyone in law enforcement in Baltimore knows the three or four guys Maury Levy is patterned on.

>If I have people from every other tribe in Baltimore portrayed negatively, everyone is maligned in some way, how can I not do that to the Jewish guy? How can I pull that punch? At that point I'm just being hypocritical. Here are good people from my own tribe who say how can you do that, and my answer is how can I not?

But that's what he is now.

how to achieve Rawlsmode natty?

If it's so good why did they cast that pussy into someone who supposedly murdered someone for pushing him over?

Better than Sopranos

Le Drumpf has sent a lot of previously sane people way over the line to paranoia

>Rawls
How fucking stupid are you?

based lieutenant Daniels poster
I've seen you so many times with this high-res pic.

Attached: jb7u0.webm (1272x714, 431K)

Oh look it's THIS copypasta again

ah shit it's been years since I've watched it homeslice. I'd still take Rawls mode though

How my hair look, Yea Forums?

Attached: giphy (4).gif (320x240, 3.72M)

mcnulty makes anti jewish jokes and references to "your sick little tribe" throughout. Every Jew in the show, without exception, is shown as a snake.

BLACKED DOT COM
JEWISH WOMEN LOVE THE BIG BLACK COCK

Halfway through 1
Then you go back a second time and it's 10/10 instantly

you look good girl.
same

Her and the other fella stacking bodies in all them houses really hit a creepy nerve with me not sure why. Very unnerving.

3-4 episodes in to the first season.

This is so true. I thought it was decent the first time through. Went back a few years later and every episode was kino.

Except now I'm watching it a third time and it's starting to show its cracks.

It's horror film tier. Two psychopathic killers that just do not give a fuck about human life whatsoever, just following orders. Look at the way they just stand there while their victims begs and vomits. That and they're actually somewhat understanding to their victims, promising that their deaths will be quick.

Makes me lose respect for him honestly. There's a big difference between "I don't think his policies will serve this country well" and "he's le hitler."

"Deserve's got nuffin to dew wid it"