The fuck is this for?

the fuck is this for?

Attached: game.of.thrones.s08e02.1080p.web.x264-adrenaline[ettv].mkv_snapshot_13.46_[2019.04.22_15.32.23].png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uU0DNCV22dU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder#Mainland_Europe
youtu.be/CA3lIuN_zVE
youtube.com/watch?v=CA3lIuN_zVE
youtube.com/watch?v=dI8wt5soxXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its dragon glass and makes it harder for the army to cllimb the walls. It shows that they are trying everything they can and prepare for the worst.

Stop pigeons from sitting on the wall and shitting all over them

How dumb are you? I realized that most got viewers are retarded but jesus chris

This. And why is Winter Jaime so based

to keep away the zombie pigeons, incel

>drowning in dragon glass
>COVER EVERYTHING
not stupid but shows how desperate they are

Stop the homeless from leaning or trying to sleep on them.

Forces the dead to climb over the lower part instead.

Punished Jamie is best Jamie

Why do they just make dragonglass armor?
Or make dragonglass powder they can blow at the white walkers who would die instantly when they breathed it in.

Why would they cover the highest points and not the gaps that you'd climb through

this is absolutely fucking stupid

Why doesn't every soldier wear an obsidian spiked bracelet or necklace, so that when they die and are turned they instantly explode?

technically, its wyvernglass.

cant have homeless people try to sleep up there

based

does dragon glass even hurt the normal zombies?

Upvoted

Because the defenders are at the gaps, shooting arrows and stabbing with swords/spears

How would zombies scale the wall? Can they use ladders? Do zombies even make ladders?

> “we should make some armor out of glass”
> “then we’ll make a powder to blow at them in the worst winter we’ve seen yet”

How are you this fucking dumb? You're too stupid to comprehend Game of Thrones, let that sink in.

Kek

Also what's stopping ice dragon from blowing apart everyone in the castle? Retards didn't anything from Harrenhal it seems

Is dragonglass supposed to be rare? If not, then this makes sense

It didn't used to but D&D changed it.
Before it only harmed Whitewalkers

Yes, it's the only thing that can kill wights other than valerian steel

just give me 12 good Hodors and I'll fuck the Night Kang up

that's not how it works
it's not contact that kills them

Of course I understand what this is, this is clearly dragonglass stuck to the upper walls
But it is so fucking stupid holy shit

Because you can't make armour out of rocks and because dead things don't breathe.

Fire nigga

How is it stupid? It makes complete sense. Did you think that if you just found some completely random thing to bitch about in the episode then the Yea Forums hivemind would suck your dick? Fuck off, idiot.

Why do you think they put spikes at the top of fences? To deter climbers. This makes complete sense, you're just retarded and determined to find something to hate.

>It makes complete sense
In what way? Why put them there? It's fucking stupid

They should dump tonnes of shards into wildfire bombs.

Get the fleshy dead to impale themselves on them, other undead can just go over them instead.
Only skeleton wights explode, fleshy ones don't.
They're going to body the wall anyway and they have enough meat in their army to cover the spikes anyway.
If the undead have bodied your shit so much they can climb over your castle's walls, you're fucked

>put them on the walls
>put them on stakes
>make longswords out of them

All of the above are quite possibly the most retarded ways you could have used the dragonglass. Why not refit the unsullied spears with dragonglass heads? or use them for more arrows? Nah lets just stick them on the fucking walls and on stationary traps instead. And why the fuck are they making swords out of them at all? Just make them all axes and use less materiel for fuck sake. I bet any of you NIGGERS that the unsullied spears wont be using dragonglass, instead it'll be pva glued to the fucking walls. Screencap this.

Attached: 651341437123.jpg (1000x1000, 127K)

Dragonglass is not obsidian in the tv show since they can melt down dragonglass like a metal and pour it into molds.

OK

But how do you embed a shard of dragon glass in solid rock?

I thought exactly the same.
>lets cover this useless part of the walls with dragonglass and nowhere else.

Not really since there is tons of it under Dragonstone. Which is why they are mining it from there since last season.
In the books, the logistics of mining and transporting the dragonglass between Dragonstone and The North would be difficult, but in the TV show it only takes hours to travel thousands of miles

read fucking pva glue

Unsullied were shown to have dragonglass tipped spears.
The problem with a phalanx is the dead will just weigh down the spears when they "die" and will just overwealm them.
They were better off sticking with flammable weapons as the main weapon of choice. I don't expect jobbers to take down WW's

But they did refit the unsullied spears.
If yo u watched this episode and last episode you would see that they have a shit ton of the dragonglass and that if you look closly at the arrows that are sitting next to the archer stations that they are fitted as well.

>massive armies in the open field outside the castle
>WW dragon does a fly past and just burns them all with blue magic fire
>WW win

really thought this through

>Dragonglass
>glass
>is a metal

Attached: 1536316593048.png (605x635, 45K)

Well why do all the dragonglass weapons look so crude then? It's like they carved them out of rocks

They literally did at Hardhome.

he is referring to the properties they show it has in the actual show. it doesnt act like glass when they melt it, it acts like metal.

Why don't they just slap obsidian spikes on someone's armor, a big guy like Sandor, and have him just run around and flail his arms at the Others?

What so they had that much left that they thought fuck it and glued that shit to the walls too? It's not very feasible that they were able to bring enough dragonglass to refit the entire unsullied army, the garrison at winterfell and the rest, and forge it in time for the wights to come. What sort of brainlet tier writing is this?

Why not smash the dragonglass into splinters and throw it on the army with a catapult or slings? Hell, just throwing it at them with your bare hands. Give everyone in Winterfell a bunch of it if they have so much and not the time to work it properly.

Why don't they just make a giant hamster ball covered in dragonglass spikes and have Bran inside it?

why dont they just make a giant dragonglass effigy of theons severed cock and just fuck them with it?

Straight out of The Elder Scrolls lore, lol.

Anti air missiles

In the books I've heard it is meant to be obsidian but the show is totally screwed up.

What show is this? Looks kino.

taking advantage of the chaos

Diamond is the hardest metal.

>White walkers
>Breathe

You make mortar and sprinkle shards of dragonglass in to it.
People do this IRL nowadays with concrete and smashed up bottles, but there are basic clay-based mortars that have been around for millennia

Dany has still has two dragons.

In case the NK catapults whights to the remparts I guess

Attached: cat.jpg (185x159, 4K)

To kill Viserion on the off chance he flies low enough

Why don't they surround Winterfell with giant panels of dragonglass so that when the white walkers charge they crash through the glass and all die? Why don't they hang panes of dragonglass above the white walkers from cranes and drop it on them when the army is underneath the glass?

Do they have balistas? How do they plan on not getting rekt by the undead dragon?
Also, is Cersei pregnant for real?

it's capeshit

Giant spiders.

Where did they get so much dragon glass I forgot?

Attached: cat2.jpg (1125x1358, 123K)

kek

just like milk of the puppy

Dragonstone

Why dont the dragons have sex and make more dragons

why dont they just make a big dragonglass spike strip and funnel them across it

* like a metal

its to reduce their numbers and not as an absolute 100% protection you dumbass

Would it even be useful fighting a zombie army with another massive army? Every living person killed is just another zombie to fight, unless they have prepared a massive amount of traps it would be much better to have an army you could put inside the casle no?

dragonglass shrapnel would work pretty well

Two Dragons > One Dragon that is cold I guess?

They're all males

>rare material that's necessary to defeat the walkers
>found a cave that has so much of it that every single peasant gets to have it as a weapon
>battle ends up being completely generic

THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE

Is this a Witcher reference on Yea Forums?

you ain't gonna reduce shit this way
you'd have to let them get all the way up the ladders
and then hope for them to somehow move up and to the side
instead of towards the defenders
WHILE the defenders are killing them
it's dumb as fuck

>gays cant have babies
the lgbt community is watching you

no
the divide between wyverns and dragons has been a thing forever
just because you first heard of it in the witcher doesn't mean we're all twelve

Why don't they ask Gandalf for aid?

They have literally stated in the show that Dragonglass is just another word for Obsidian.

Don't overthink it user. If the writers of this show had two functioning neurons they would have already realized how stupid it is to try to fight the army of the dead with one on one combat. The only realistic fighting strategy is to build a shitload of trenches and bomb the shit out of the white walkers with a lot of wildfire.

The dragons are probably related and besides they most likely breed in the shadow lands where the dragon eggs are from.

Didn't stabbing them in the heart used to work too?

Why aren't they using spearmen on the front lines? Why aren't they using archers from the parapets?

>setting famous for having super fire that can melt everything
>not using it against a horde of zombies

>twelve
The first book came out when you were still a lewd thought in your father’s testicles, underage b&.

>the divide between wyverns and dragons has been a thing forever
So it’s not a specific reference to that scene I am thinking of then? Lame.

i wouldn't be surprised if sam knows the recipe

Wyverns are a type of dragons

Why doesn't the night's king use his undead dragon and go on fly-bys of literally every other settlement/castle/city that isn't protected by the only 2 dragons in the world?

plot armor is already strong enough

dragons have changeable sexes like some other real animals.

Because the battle is about sending a message.

No one gave him a map of westeros so he's lost other than knowing where Bran is

How is an army of about 5000 men going to defeat an army of 100000 dead men and a few giants?

It's "like" obsidian but it's not the same thing, after stone obsidian was like the most commonest thing to make tools with by prehistoric man before the invention of metalcraft and use of copper. Dragonglass is actually glass formed by dragonfire rather than lava. You can imagine where there were dragons around they'd breathe fire now and then including in the construction of certain building works and as a byproduct of their fire they'd inadvertantly make a lot of Dragonglass from nearby sand in places like Dragonstone

Hence, it has somewhat magical properties against ice creatures which would imply dragonfire probably was used in the manufacture of Valyrian steel which has the same effect on white walkers.

the NK can quick scope again on top of the dragon

the plot armour mentioned by

kek

and do what?

Aint' you ever played Warcraft, ASSHOLE? It's +2 to buildings' armor or some shit.

You'd think so but the NK isn't a smart boy considering he decided to kill Viserion last season instead of the extremely stationary and carrying all the important cast members Drogon.

STOP TURNING THE FREAKIN' DRAGONS GAY

Attached: SUPER MALE VITALITY OVERDOSE.webmhd.webm (1280x720, 339K)

I was wondering why Valyrian steel was special but that makes sense.

>isn't a smart boy considering he decided to kill Viserion last season instead of the extremely stationary and carrying all the important cast members Drogon.
he literally quickscoped a flying dragon just to dabs on protagonist he's already the smartest character in the show

Based and redpilled
Stop getting wyverns to play dragons, the hollyjew talks about diversity and yet misrepresents a huge portion of flying reptiles

the zombie army is nothing compared to this madman

Attached: 576e4b324b984703790c93c89c017d2ee9328eadcb6461927273775457ce44e3-1503607760.jpg (480x240, 12K)

only noobs played warcraft

can anyone give references to the relevant episodes of how dragonglass was established to be able to kill WW (but not undead), and then changed to kill everything?

I'd have loved if they made something like this, obviously it's a different culture but I've always found these cool.

Attached: 1280px-Ceremonial_Macuahuitl.jpg (1280x960, 276K)

Attached: 1555455700736.png (2560x1440, 1.4M)

>dabs on
get the fuck out

The entire battle would realisticaly be settled in the first few minutes. If Dany can kill NK's dragon humans win. If NK manages to toss out two spears and kill both dragons he wins. If both dragons dies Cersei wins. It's as simple as that. A dragon can just nuke the other army so if any side has one and the other doesn't then the automatically win

>The smallfolk like to say that dragonglass is made by dragons, while Maesters say it comes from the fires of the earth.

Fuck off beaner

In the books they refer to the dragonglass as obsidian but it is grrm's magical fantasy obsidian.

>Dany kills NK's dragon
>NK starts losing
>NK tosses another spear
>kills Jon's dragon
>NK resurrects Jon's dragon and flies south and burns KL while everyone is busy fighting in winterfell

You know, burn buildings, kill civilians, check out what's going in all the places that aren't winterfell or king's landing. The usual stuff

NK rides his dragon. If it goes down so does he. And Dany can just burn him when he does. Unless they pull a "actually dragon fire doesn't do shit to him" which they might since they were wondering if it would be effective this episode.

why are the dialogues so shit, were they always like that before?

That’s when you douse the impaled with oil and set them on fire.

>I'd have loved if they hue hue culture hue hue hue cool
fucking spics

it's actually not retarded, they're drowning in obsidian and are want every extra bit of protection they can get
it's like how some tanks had sandbags and concrete put on them, it wasn't worth shit at best but shows how fucking desperate they are for anything they can put between themselves and dying in a steel coffin

>army is put outside the walls but add dragon glass protection to the walls
Hmmm

Yes, you can call it obsidian but it's clearly not the same as regular lava-made obsidian.

>believing Maesters anti-magic propaganda

wtf was sansa wearing

she looked like a fucking cenobite

it would be a cool way to use the little shards
but apparently they're melting and casting it
so shards aren't a problem
spears are way better anyway

seems like a poor use of time from the NK's perspective

Those things were pretty metal. The glass would break once it became lodged into the skin sometimes and leave the guy with an open wound full of shards.

that chain does look like BDSM shit

Attached: game.of.thrones.s08e02.1080p.web.x264-adrenaline[ettv].mkv_snapshot_21.09_[2019.04.22_17.11.25].jpg (1920x1080, 528K)

>protection
what you smokin?

what you just said is so retarded I don't even know where to start responding

Don't worry, user. I think macuahuitls are cool too.

the costume design has been getting progressively more retarded as time goes on. it feels like they've strayed from realistic medieval wear to fishing for twitter reactions "YAAASS did you see the new costumes this episode??"

>tyrions studded jacket thing
>sansa wearing a sonic ring with chains
>nu-kings guard bellend helmets
>cerci cheese grater shoulders

I'm pretty sure dragonglass used to be useless against wights, did they retcon that?

It’s because of the way dragonglass(obsidian) fractures. You could melt it and pour it into a desired shape, but you’ll never put a finer edge on it than what it acquires naturally, as it’s literally monomolecular, and at just a few nanometers across, it’s sharper and smoother than anything you could make from a metal.

Rather than trying to sharpen or polish it, you’ll get a far sharper edge from it just by old knapping techniques.

OY BRUV YA FANCY ME BOX?!
YUV DON IT NO YA WANKER ME AN ME MAETS GUN GET AT YEEE

The kings guard shit is the fucking worst I've seen in any show. Looks like a parody of the fucking power rangers. I just don't understand how this has become "safe" for mainstream audiences.

YA WANT TO GET INTO MY BOX?

I AV SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YEEEEEEEE

What is the chain for?

They should but it is too op so they will have Cersei refuse access or run out of ingredients or something

and yet the colours are boring as shit

tying her up to the bedpost

You must have been a brilliant tactician in a previous life

Kinda (’member BAD PUSSY?) but not THIS bad and continuously so.

the absolute state of this show

Attached: 2.png (628x529, 697K)

*my bedpost

Soul vs Souless

Taking her for walks outside when she needs to piss in the cold snow like a bitch, then pulling her up to your crotch so you don't have to tell her what to do. She just opens your pants, gets your cock out and starts sucking, without using her hands because bitches don't have hands. After you cum on her face she's left out in the cold on her hands and feet tied to a post for everyone to see and won't be allowed back in until the cum has frozen to her face and hair. then she lays by the fire place licking the frost burns on her hands and knees and feet. As she licks the cum begins to melt and drips into her mouth.

Attached: D0IV7_DUYAESUjT.jpg (612x320, 38K)

Why don't they just tie bombs with dragonglass shrapnel on the dragons and have the dragons drop them on the dead guys?

>you can't change the look of the kingsguard on a whim so they'd go better with your outfit, it's tradition!
>FUCK TRADITION

>weapon that can only be used a couple of times before it becomes a paddle
yes, so based

Attached: 1485395212535.jpg (618x597, 144K)

why is he so short now?

anyone who has any idea about how castles work sees how ridiculous this looks

>not covering the easier-to-access gaps in the middle
Yikers.

Attached: 1555919497843.png (584x434, 390K)

Did you actually see someone in the show knapping?

>why don't they just make assualt rifles with dragongalss bullets
>why don't they just make dragonglass nukes

Attached: 1541941163029.jpg (250x241, 7K)

how many people do you think the average warrior gets to kill before he dies?
and anyway, it's glass
if a bit breaks off, the bit left behind is just as fucking sharp

That was the point. They were used to incapacitate your enemy so they could be brought back for sacrifice.

Why is Jamie and Tyrion so depressing and fucking boring this season?
Why is the writing so bad? No more classic Lannister wit. No one trying to out smart the other. Literally everyone in a circle drinking together and forgetting everything.
Fuck I've been tolerant in the last seasons but this is just so bad. I hope it gets better.

Based bran, Slayer of dragons

Why don't they stake the perimeter grounds with dragonglass lol?

that would kill only like 100 zombies before they are covered up

because the future is female incel

Why haven't they traveled to Yi Ti so they can discover gunpowder and make dragonglass bullets

Attached: 539241781b5a9bb590c198eb8007c074.jpg (500x694, 56K)

All the outfits are now infuriating, it's all black leather now, with no actual wear and tear, all the finer details are now gone

>not making a supply of weapons in the event that cersei's army comes to help
genius

Instead of complaining and wondering what if, can't you just enjoy the show?

what do you think arya made gendry make you dummy

It feels like the lord of light has just taken a backseat in the last two seasons, almost like the only purpose of the faith was to bring back Jon Snow

Attached: 1554305576841.jpg (341x543, 70K)

>Only skeleton wights explode, fleshy ones don't.
They don't know that yet. That's why we have the leak of
>n-nani?! the dragonglass isn't working!

This is true, and women have a lower average IQ and appreciation for complex matters. So expect more of this trash.

Retards in this thread actually believe those "spikes" aka rocks that can't cut into shit are stable.
They look like they would fall off from a slight breeze.
If you're going to be a tactical retard just put them on the ground or something you dumb fucks.

the absolute state of his
Obsidian can be melted and cast
C/Funny enough it gets transparent when you do

season 1 catlyn aka the lady of winterfel would just wear a loose fitting robe or something.

now sansa has the most absurd looking outfits fashioned for her and also telling the blacksmiths how to do their jobs (although she forgot to tell the guy from the eyrie to put leather on his breastplate, whoops!)

he's the biggest guy i've ever seen

Why isnt the Knightking using the huge chains to pull down the walls?

You’re doing the lord’s work, wyvernposter

It's not going to be that stupid when the dad are pouring over the walls in a human wave
youtube.com/watch?v=uU0DNCV22dU

You're the retard.
Look at the picture more closely.
There is a layer of clay/cement they used to lodge the glass that is now certainly hardened by the cold.

They arent going anyway.
you just got BTFO

Why don't they have dragons drop dragonglass shrapnel bombs?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45K)

You guys always find a reason to complain kek

>also telling the blacksmiths how to do their jobs
I don't remember this part yet everyone is bringing it up, is it from this season?

No, but that would be too logical for the show, to have people actually knapping the fucking ROCKS instead of just pretending to melt them down. Otherwise what would Gendry the smith do besides fuck Arya in these penultimate scenes?

>Dragonglass is not obsidian in the tv show
Yes, it is
>since they can melt down dragonglass like a metal and pour it into molds
They're just wrong

entire first episode felt like everyone was literally going "oh my god, these are my first lines in season 8 - i better make sure i act reallll goood!"

To stab the snow

>Yes, you can call it obsidian but it's clearly not the same as regular lava-made obsidian.
It is. Stop excusing the showrunners being retarded

The battle will be pretty hype.
Reminder to turn the brightness up though.

>catapult a bomb into the middle of the zerg
>kill hundreds
>outfit like 50 soldiers
>maybe kill 20

Attached: Fire Lizards.png (1280x907, 353K)

Pouring cement and dragonglass in the least strategic spots you could possibly manage is not smart.

Obsidian is volcanic rock.

Surely if it comes from lava you could heat it up so it becomes lava again.

This, anyone who was at Hardhome would have advised anything that could slow a swarm down.

No, it can't. It shatters or explodes.
It has to be blown like glass

No, seriously, give me one good reason why they can't make grenades with dragonglass shrapnel in it. They can make it. Bran saw the Children of the Forest use grenades. It's not beyond making.

Attached: 1494317650576.png (202x278, 90K)

crenelated walls, not crenelated roofs you fucking idiot

Because the show is shit

>entire season 2 all people do is talk about how intelligent tyrion is and how we need his mind what a genius he is
>scene with tyrion
>"it's strange, isn't it......... a couple years ago me and jaime would have destroyed winterfel........ but now we are here drinking!!!!"

there must be some measure of how unintelligent a script is once characters just start talking about how smart they and other characters are. i'd call it the sherlock effect maybe. smart characters written for a dumb audience.

Why didnt they create a windmill of dragon glass?

Attached: 7A407F59-F2BA-4D89-A63C-CA644D14319C.jpg (800x489, 58K)

episode 2* not season 2

The children had grenade spells.
If you introduce black powder then it fucks up the whole being stuck with medieval tech for thousands of years thing.
One of the fundamental differences between our universes is that chemically black powder and similar does not exist.
Only thing we have seen that explodes is wildfire, and that's probably too volatile to use as grenades, let alone mixed with shrapnel

Did anyone else notice this:

Sansa: "Can they be killed with Dragon fire?"
Bran: "I don't know, no one has ever tried".

Are you fucking kidding me? Didn't Daenerys fly with 3 fucking dragons to the far north of the wall to save Jon? She didn't even try to utilize them once?

Am I missing something here or is the show gotten this stupid?

Because chaos-sh is a laddah

She was talking about the Night King being killed by dragon fire

First, that was Arya talking. Second, that was Arya asking Bran if dragonfire will work on the Night King. That's why Bran says he doesn't know, dragons have never fired on NK.

Obsidian forms with extremely fast cooling.
To forge or cast it, you would have to work it under extreme heat. It's not feasable for a smith.
We're talking a guy wearing an insulated suit standing inside volcano-level heat pouring the glass into a high temperature mold.
And then you would have to cool it extremely quickly, which isn't possible in a mold or sand cast or whatever.

Literally the only conditions on earth like this is when magma is spewed from the intense heat of the earth and rapidly cooled in the air.

Attached: 1483395203158.png (268x256, 117K)

The late medieval ages had powder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder#Mainland_Europe

There's nothing intrinsically high-tech about gunpowder. It was simple enough to make and the raw materials were easily sourced, if not available everywhere. It's too bad we never got to see something rad like a shot-and-cartridge rifle in the show, which would have been producible with the primitive level of tech they have in GoT.

Instead we get shitty fantasy analogues like the green fire exploding shit.

Why don't they just rain dragonglass shards from catapults instead of single large rocks?

>"Dragonglass is now more valuable than gold"
>Lets just stick it all over the place like christmas decorations

No that never killed them. The first wight we ever saw in the show was the one that attacked Jon and Lord Commander Mormont and Jon stabbed it through the heart. They didn't kill it until Jon through a lantern on it and lit it on fire.

what happens if you don't cool it quickly? do you just get sand?

How hard would it be for a modern army of the same size as humans in the show have to defeat the White Walkers?

Wildfire seems to be significantly stronger than gunpowder. It makes some sense nobody really tried to make a version of wildfire that wouldn't immediately kill people in small amounts.

2 episode in, almost everyone is assembled in one spot and STILL the show is just succession of scenes of two or three characters talking about one thing. It's so fucking boring and bizarre. It makes the show feel really cheap, like they have no idea how to write for a group of people. The scenes in the halls are no different. All those extras are just scenery.

I hate the gay format of this show and how it handles dialogue. It's all so shitty and uninteresting. I can't even remember all the shit that was mentioned last episode, because it's all so inconsequential.

>lung dragon
>is a long dragon
sauronman-tier

Why don't the dragons just drop dragonglass on the zombies?

Attached: frodo[1].png (560x559, 325K)

Every person the dead kill can be raised by the knight king to fight for them. So...

it doesn't really. All of human existence has been people fucking around with shit they don't understand. As wildfire is the ONLY known explosive, it's absurd to think there's no market for producing it or developing it as a weapon.

I doubt the show writers even have an idea what a marketplace is. They probably think it's a street lined with merchants.

Navy and Airforce would just bomb the shit out of them.

modern? easy

we have developed so many variants of incendiary weapons that the moment ew knew we needed to burn them it would just be WP and napalm all day everyday

>The late medieval ages had powder
and then guns came out and they switched to using musket men. What’s your point?

D&D unironically have bad story instincts. the best thing they've been involved with is Benioff's 25th hour and that is just decent.

they're in this situation because they wrote themselves into it on purpose last season, but they have no idea what to do now they've done it. after The Door in season 6 the drama has just been about setting up big action episodes.

Probably a type of quartz. Slow cooling means the crystals grow larger and follow an order, whereas glass is amorphous.

Because nobody has invented shrapnel or bombs.

gunpower was incredibly powerful if enough of it exploded in an enclosed space. the explosion of the Sept Baelor is effectively what would have happened if the real-life gunpoweder plot had worked (which is clearly the inspiration)

>In the 2005 ITV programme The Gunpowder Plot: Exploding The Legend, a full-size replica of the House of Lords was built and destroyed with barrels of gunpowder. The experiment was conducted on the Advantica Spadeadam test site, and demonstrated that the explosion, if the gunpowder was in good order, would have killed all those in the building.[175] The power of the explosion was such that the 7-foot (2.1 m) deep concrete walls (replicating how archives suggest the walls of the old House of Lords were constructed) were reduced to rubble. Measuring devices placed in the chamber to calculate the force of the blast were themselves destroyed by the explosion; the skull of the dummy representing King James, which had been placed on a throne inside the chamber surrounded by courtiers, peers and bishops, was found a considerable distance from the site. According to the findings of the programme, no one within 330 feet (100 m) of the blast could have survived, and all of the stained glass windows in Westminster Abbey would have been shattered, as would all of the windows in the vicinity of the Palace. The explosion would have been seen from miles away, and heard from further away still. Even if only half of the gunpowder had gone off, everyone in the House of Lords and its environs would have been killed instantly.

Why didn't they just a tax on white walkers?

Systematic racism means only PoC walkers get taxed.

Why don't they get elephants to walk in shards of dragonglass and then tap dance over the Night King's army?

Maybe if you post this a 4th time you’ll get some (you)s

I'd unironically never posted it before. I guess great minds think alike!

Why didnt they just get a marketing mom to saunter on over to the white army and tell them that dragon glass would be great for their skin as a daily treatment solution

>The late medieval ages had powder.
What does that have to do with Planetos not having it?
Planetos has fucking Carracks from the 1500s, telescopic looking glass, and renaissance style culture and armor in Braavos whilst simultaneously having post-bronze age slaver societies across the continent, and early medieval across the sea.
It still remains constant that gunpowder chemically does not exist in the universe of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Why isn't all dragonglass being used for arrowheads only? They could just keep shooting because zombies don't carry shields

Because they are still going to reach you

Shitposting aside, they should have done some hit-and-run dragon skirmishes. Stay in waiting until the army passes close-by, and then swoop over and burn a few hundred in one pass, then fly the fuck away.

They wouldn't have time to prepare the meme spears, especially if you have the right terrain.

Attached: 1394295674205.png (510x517, 227K)

This is an adorable post

Why didn't they just dig a big trench and put spikes with dragonglass tips in the trench and then put a light layer of wood and sticks over the trench to hide the fact that a trench was there?

More effective than gluing them on the walls in a place where barely 3 zombies will die

Where's Melisandre and the other titcow priestess?

It's valuable because they have to use it to fight the walkers dibshit.

>Diamond is the hardest metal.
I see

They could make a whole yi ti spinoff type show in the name of diversity with an asian female cast and i'd fucking love it b/c im a yellowfever fag.

They did, weren't you watching?

Uh, never criticize D&D again you nazi.

How is it possible that the critics of the show, are more retarded than the show itself? I keep seeing the most retarded complaints about the writing. A bunch of retards trying to feel smart, by nitpicking the show. But the shit they complain about is never the actual problems with the show.

You can't make usable weapons out of obsidian but they're doing it anyway.

friendly reminder that the walls of Winterfell are canonically 80 feet high

On a boat to the capitol presumably

That's probably what they thought when they were writing this garbage.

>the other titcow priestess?
This bitch showed up for a single scene in a single episode, 3 years ago, and you guys are still awaiting her return? Do you want to see those tits that bad? Just google some renaissance girls.

Knightfall

>winter comes after 12 seasons
>no impact whatsoever on the world
lmao

>forge dragonglass around iron balls
>load them into catapults.
>dragonglass artillery.

Uuuuhhhh did you miss the blue filter they added??!

In WW2 the Nips made the Gook girls pound glass in to powder they were supposed to throw in the eyes of American Soldiers as the Gook Boys charged them with bamboo spears. Why they were prepping for Americans when it was more likely be chinks i don't know

Why does nobody in this show use a shield? Imagine if they had shields with these dragonglass soikes on them, the wights couldn't do a damn thing.

>lose the dragonglass after a single hit
What those idiots need are dragonglass spears and dragonglass morningstars instead of wasting such a precious resource on fucking axes.

You know there's like a million zombie troops, right? A few cannonballs will take out, what, maybe 50?

The first two episodes were just boring soap opera, nothing fucking happened

the fake snow in this episode was sooooooooooooo fucking terrible

laughable

> We have a limited time to prepare.

> Lets invest hundreds of man-hours bedazzeling the castle with dragonglass, then - leave the castle and fight in front.

was built at same time as well with the same builders(giants)

winterfell in the show is a joke

> Its freezing

> Make a big batch of mortar with water and start spackling away.

Ok so, riddle me this. If the Night King can just turn the surrounding area into a frozen wasteland why doesn't he simple surround the northeners with his ginormous army and wait it out until every single one of them freezes to death? He's waited like a thousand years, I'm sure he could wait another week. Hell, if they didn't freeze within a week they'd sure as hell starve within two.

The night king is actually headed to kings landing.
Hes going to first LAND in kings landing if you will

wyverns have barbed tails retard

Your mother has a barbed tail

>faggot ice dragon appears
>two normal dragons appear
Thinking things through does seem to be a problem you have in common.

Speaking of wildfire, why didn't Team Stark ask for Cersi to ship up a few casks?

you should be a professional writer and may the world forgive me

Attached: watch_v=dcqrNXKv628 00_06_42.jpg (1920x1080, 626K)

can someone explain why this is stupid? i'm tired and need to know.

More like they can melt the glass like when you melt glass

>they didn't even clear out the snow from under the wall to make it harder to scale
do they want to lose? is there a fifth columnist that wants a white walker win?

I want lung dragon to get raped by packs of niggers.

> Have a 10,000 year plan to conquer the world

> Get antsie after a few minutes and attack the castle

Ice zombies can be such children.

>clearing 80 feet of snow

>leaving an 80 feet ladder to your walls unopposed

stupidest fucking shit i've seen

> Not putting the dragonglass lower down on the wall

Smart.

Just get the dragons to melt that shit... simple.

the zombie corpses that "die" will just become ladders made of bone for the alive zombies to climb over, it makes more sense for them to put it up as high as possible for a last line of defense

Obsidian is basically impossible to cast
youtu.be/CA3lIuN_zVE

Attached: 270263D014934C8A8EDD3D58FE9D6D7A.png (558x614, 32K)

if you look closely you can see it's being held up by some flimsy chains so it's not there to defend that part of the walls, it's a droppable thing like the germans did at teutoburg

That dude definitaly glued all the pieces together. hes afraid to even hold it upright. what a fraud

lmao

Attached: Pert1.jpg (900x582, 86K)

It's obsidian dude

diamond is carbon, not metal you low IQ brainlet

is that Perteburo?

for dany to break

I laughed so hard I cried.

youtube.com/watch?v=CA3lIuN_zVE

Who else? Not angry enough to be Angron

Attached: Per.jpg (535x464, 175K)

youtu.be/CA3lIuN_zVE
Short answer is obsidian can't effectively be cast by itself, and even under the best conditions it's extremely brittle. They'd be better off shaving it down into arrowheads and daggers, or making those wooden aztec swords.

Why don't they just arm everyone with dragonglass harpoon guns?

Attached: 1555295347568.png (1911x1078, 1.12M)

How long have you lurked this site?

Not him but I don't take dragonglass as being the exact same thing as obsidian. It's clearly got some magical properties since it's one of two things that kills zombies, so I just take it like a magical metal like vibranium or unobtanium.

he looks like a retarded rogal dorn.
oh wait

Is that green screen in their hair

what is the dwarf doing with that guy didnt they hate each other

>Not him but I don't take dragonglass as being the exact same thing as obsidian
Good for you. It's literally called obsidian in the show.
It killing white walkers shouldn't mean you assume other properties are randomly different.

Tommen already landed there

Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to GRRM, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. A Song of Ice and Fire has a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. GRRM can say that the Night King became king and reigned winter for a hundred years. But GRRM doesn’t ask the question: What was the Night King's tax policy?

>You can't make usable weapons out of obsidian

Attached: macuahuitl.jpg (663x383, 39K)

the first episode

somehow a blacksmith from the north never thought to put leather behind the breastplate to help with the cold

it's just fortunate sansa was there to teach him this secret method

Even modern forging cant reforge obsidian without fracturing

first episode of this season I should say

>cavemexican weapons are usable

That would probably unite all the kingdoms against him.

It was a blacksmith that came with the Vale lords, and was making more of the armor they wore.
It was still a stupid way of trying to make her appear intelligent, as if a blacksmith wouldn't have the self awareness to realize the proper way to do something.
But the complaint itself was dumb, it doesn't really matter if your metal is freezing cold as long as you have the appropriate madding underneath it.

Raise the dead?
A metagaming Night King would fly south and just raise wights from every cemetery on the continent, then flood the living from every direction

It was last season, retard

> Aztec Empire of millions defeated by twenty good Spaniards.

Thinking those glass swords didn't fly so good.

He said usable, not good

i like you user

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dI8wt5soxXE

explain why a dragon isn't simply an overgrown wyrm with wings?

No, but I was napping by the end of it

Idk because you need to be giving the unsullied spears with dragon glass heads, tipped lances for the heavy cavalry, and some ballista bolts and regular arrow heads. If we get to the battle and they don't have all that and instead wasted it on parts of the walls that aren't even going to be touched when the walkers try to scale them, I'm not watching the Mandalorian.

All wyverns are dragons. Not all dragons are wyverns. I consider this matter closed.

Attached: 0938F962-CD7E-4220-ABF5-64BA48E55409.jpg (941x909, 105K)

Imagine how much dragonglass ONE SHIP could carry. Your brainlet criticisms are made up and youre completely blind to logistics and operations of anything. Fuck off.

This thread is full of retards who didnt notice everything was absolutely kitted out with dragonglass including the spears

4 legs and elemental projection
Intelligence is pretty high too

> Imagine how much dragonglass ONE SHIP could carry.

Only a few tons. Medieval ships had shite cargo tonnage.

Dragonglass should be about 2.8 tons per cubic yard, which won't go far when used to shingle your fortress.

> Your brainlet criticisms are made up and youre completely blind to logistics and operations of anything.

APICS CPIM. U?

> Fuck off.

Potty mouth.