Can any oldfags here recall the O.J trial? Just how big was it?

Was the coverage unprecedented for the time?

Attached: 7E4LA5XYQRHZDK7BWTV7QNHDIA.jpg (800x679, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
youtube.com/watch?v=GPmG5TMAaGA
youtube.com/watch?v=2p82wACWwu0
mileswmathis.com/oj.pdf
washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/21/man-hurled-racist-slurs-punch-fedex-driver-then-died-after-he-was-punched-back/
youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was absolutely bonkers, imagine if every social media platform today covered only one thing 24/7 and you were just bombarded with it every step of the way for years

it would be quality shitposting today lads. i'm 34 and we watched that verdict in class, it was THE national story

Does anything compare? Maybe 9/11?

I was 9 at the time. It was always on the TV.

It was big enough they wheeled a TV on a cart into my 6th grade social studies class to watch the verdict being read.

they read the verdict while I was in middle school french class.
teacher turned it on for us to watch live
the nigresses (who were failing) got up and danced

It was called, "The Trial of the Century" for a reason.
Don't forget, he admitted in the book and resurfaced audio from 2006.
youtube.com/watch?v=GPmG5TMAaGA

Attached: 1797248._UY1148_SS1148_.jpg (1148x1148, 62K)

Gee, it's almost as if academia is trying to incite a certain socio-political atmosphere.

I wasn't alive at that time but I get the sense that it was really divided along racial lines. I couldn't care less either way. He killed a coalburner and a kike and got away with it (except going broke from legal fees and showing the world how violent black men are).

my dad used to work with the guy who sent in the original bronco chase footage. he was out for a run and had his camera on him.

Attached: file.png (640x360, 275K)

stop trying to sound smart retard

9/11 was more a single act, but it is obviously a generational defining moment, it's our JFK assassination, moon landing, etc. i'll never forget where i was when i saw that shit happen

piss off you idiot, it's not like it was on school tv's every day, just the verdict because it was a huge meme, shit was on in offices, hospitals, etc

Huge, I remember watching the chase on TV, that started it all. Took up so much tv like said

Why was it so fucking big back then? Would it be the equivalent of Peyton Manning being on trial for murdering his family today?

Remember 1992 LA Riots

>Would it be the equivalent of Peyton Manning being on trial for murdering his family today?
More like Shaq or The Rock

if you enjoy howard stern or are particulary interested how the case developed, sheck out the oj saga from this channel on jewtube
youtube.com/watch?v=2p82wACWwu0

all vids combined = about 50 hours of talk just about the case. every clip is dated too. i found it hilarious but i'm also a stern fan

I guess O.J was a fucking huge household name before the trial then.

Wait, you guys are pretending that the story wasn't manufactured for socio-political purposes? Why?

I remember my dad freaking out and running into his bedroom when the verdict was read. He came back out with his shotgun and said he "was going to go kill a nigger". My mom calmed him down though and we watched the Simpsons.

Cant really compare they two since the OJ trial went on for months.

>"In the matter of the people of the State of California versus Orenthal James Simpson, case number BA097211, we the jury in the above entitled action find the defendant, Orenthal James Simpson, not guilty of the crime of murder in violation of penal code"
blacks celebrate
whites cried

And now you go on Yea Forums. I'd say you grew up well adjusted for society.

Yea dude Police Academy movies, Hertz commercials, ESPN commentator, and prolly considered by many the GOAT football player at that point. Dude was everywhere

Attached: zk0dmx1owf6akyhwk9ui.jpg (640x355, 24K)

Absolute circus of a trial. Hostile witness, actually getting the accused to put on evidence, etc.

We'll never see anything else like it.

I was in grade 5 and I remember they announced a not guilty verdict over the pa, also this was in Canada.

OJ was clearly guilty, but we have the police involved in the case to blame for his acquittal due to their corruption and racism shown in the investigation

I was in 5th grade when it went down. My 5th grade teacher rolled out the TV set and I thought we was gonna watch Reading Rainbow but all that happened was she was seething after the verdict.

Just think if he waited ten more years he could've just said all the football head blows made him more violent.

Glove did not fit but white boys will bitch

Way bigger than they intended it to be to promote a TV show that never wound up airing.

Attached: Frogmen.jpg (800x548, 92K)

Attached: chewbacca.jpg (250x184, 13K)

No, because Manning is missing the racial factor. One the most famous black men in the country murdered his white wife and LA was still rebuilding from the 93 race riots.

there would be no equivalent today due to social media

the mid-90s was THE height of the 24/7 cable news coverage. it had finally spread enough out of the 80s into many houses and the networks were great at spinning and hyping every single development as MAJOR NEWS!!1!1 the vast majority of the general public was blue-pilled in information consumption and OJ was the perfect semi-famous person due to the naked gun movies as well. there is no modern athlete equivalent. even tiger woods fucking up on thanksgiving didn't hit 1% of what the OJ coverage was like

Elaborate civic theater.

mileswmathis.com/oj.pdf

me on the right

Attached: oj_480x318.jpg (500x331, 49K)

yeah it was ridiculous. biggest news story of the 90s for sure. we had tvs in all the classrooms in my middle school and i remember watching the verdict in 7th grade spanish class. people even ran out into the halls cheering when it happened (and i went to a 99% white school) i think it was just so shocking people weren't happy that he was found not guilty but just surprised by the verdict.

>its okay to murder your wife because a cop MIGHT have said nigger 10 years prior
literally what did Jews mean by this?

tiger woods cheated on his wife and crashed his car. oj killed two people.

O.J. was bigger than Peyton. He was the first black man accepted in mainstream white culture. Bill Cosby might compare now but it was before social media and 24 hour news. The low speed chase in the white bronco interrupted all television programming including the NBA finals.

Attached: 170722112241-bob-costas-on-his-role-in-ojs-bronco-chase-00021918-large-169.jpg (460x259, 42K)

OJ killed a Jew and a roastie dumb zoomer

> people even ran out into the halls cheering when it happened (and i went to a 99% white school) i think it was just so shocking people weren't happy that he was found not guilty but just surprised by the verdict.
you too lad? i think like 99% of our class cheered then immediately were like huh/whaaaat? i think it was the shock that people naturally root for the not guilty but we all knew he was guilty. we were an all-white catholic school too, kek. we all looked around at each other thinking, wait wtf just happened afterwards

I was born in 1988, so I only remember the aftermath. My dad was in Chile at the time, and even there, everyone was watching it on the news. The people didn't understand the concept of double jeopardy and just thought it would be retried.

I remember watching the news and they had the cast of 90210 sitting around a table saying how shocked and appalled they were at OJ getting off.
Was some real social engineering shit.

>He was the first black man accepted in mainstream white culture.
Wtf are you talking about?

He admitted to using the glove in an interview later. For the "If I did it" audiobook.

I think it's when a lot of people first realized that the rich aren't subject to the same laws as us.

but in the post-modern age, the public generally does the "don't give this piece of shit murderer attention!" thing and so does the media

i deliberately picked woods because he's one of the biggest athletes of all-time, and he was obviously guilty and it was nothing compared to his contemporaries

the only modern equivalents are like ray lewis, and he wasn't the official murderer and aaron hernandez and he was just a dumb gangbanger even in college

somebody like lebron or aaron rodgers would have to be a murderer today to surpass the OJ hype

Can I see your proof that it was?

OJ was Tiger Woods before Tiger Woods with a mix of The Rock

The first black man that was loved by white america, broke the NFL single season rushing record, was in a shit ton of commercials, ESPN's leading color commentator, and was in many popular and successful comedy movies.

Attached: 1543233640155.jpg (210x243, 7K)

yeah i think you're right. people want to root for the underdog and even though consciously most of us realized he was guilty and getting away with murder it was just such a surprising verdict that the response was almost reflexive. definitely not because we all thought he was innocent.

Yes. Even the preliminary hearings were must-see TV.

Not entirely. There was at least a significant minority of white people who thought that he might be innocent, and that at least the evidence wasn't necessarily enough to convict. I was 15-16 at the time --- a white kid in rural New England with only white friends ---, and we debated it a lot. I thought the jury got it right then, and I still mostly do. He may well have done it, but I'm far from certain.

I'd put far more blame on the DA's office than on the police, personally. Marsha Clark and Chris Darden were way out of their depth.

>He was the first black man accepted in mainstream white culture.
No he wasn't. Even Cosby, who you mention, predates him.

>be in 3rd grade
>Mexican teacher put on the trail
>innocent
>her and another teacher celebrate
>class get free pizza

I had no idea what was going on or who the fuck this nig was but man I got free pizza.

defense team were truly running circles around the state

OJ stopped taking his arthritis anti-inflammatory meds and his joints got swollen + the glove had been frozen/unfrozen constantly in evidence labs, so it shrunk a little

based

Attached: 1466691508-oj-simpson-ferrari.jpg (980x633, 55K)

The DA's office was to blame. If they held the trail in Santa Monica where the murders took place he would've plead guilty because there is zero chance a white jury would have exonerated him.

The DA ignored OJ beating on his wife for over a decade and when he finally killed her they fumbled the trial.

The OJ Simpson murder trial is the most important trial in US history. By now hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of future lawyers have studied this case as a "how not to fuck up a murder" case study. It should be mandatory curriculum for any lawyer.

He was. No black person ever got that many commercials before. Dude was the face of Hertz.

Before black people were side characters or only sponsoring ethnic products and other things mainly aimed at black people. Less than 13% of the population with 0 reason to pander towards them or feature them in commercials.

They literally had a picture of him wearing the gloves.

What they meant was that we live in a country in which individuals are innocent until proven guilty by their peers, and thus the state has a responsibility to be free of corruption and biased thinking because losing public opinion casts doubt on the whole system and can lead to criminals going free as a result.

yeah i mean OJ was a huge star who had appeal for whites and blacks and had a movie career as well. i think someone like michael jordan or lebron james would be a similar comparison. it was also the perfect storm of the bronco chase happening and the trial being televised that caused it to become even more of a big deal than it would have been otherwise.

Gee, its almost as if this event was some sort of mass hypnosis inducing experiment to see how easily controlled the population is along racial lines

>criminal nigger, Rodney King, gets bruised ribs from some police
>media manufactures nationwide black riots/looting, white people apologizing profusely, more welfare for black people
>black man gets away with obvious murder of his white wife
>black people celebrating, white people joining them in celebration before quietly realizing how cucked they are, more welfare for black people
Jews really did a number on the West.

If you haven't seen it I'd highly recommend O.J Made in America. Very good documentary

Attached: OJ-Made-in-America-promo-graphic.jpg (723x418, 79K)

>mass hypnosis
Jesus.

Only some of the trial was actually observable, so a large part of the coverage were various people just trying to guess what was going on.

>free of corruption and biased thinking
>literally trial by media-induced emotional hypnosis
Ok

Imagine if the Rock, right now, was suddenly in a car chase in LA and wanted for a double homicide.

Shit would be total fucking shitfest on Yea Forums for a year

Attached: 1531618069104.jpg (270x270, 21K)

A guilty man ran free but what can you do? The prosecution team got styled on fucking HARD.

If you watched more sports you'd know this already, but black people, more than any other race, more than Mexicans, more than Asians, more than anybody else, will root for their own, even if it isn't the right thing to do.

incorrect, pretty much the entire trial was televised. my mom watched it all day everyday for 8 months.

The police would be chasing another white Bronco.

Attached: Msb Carlos.png (350x350, 138K)

Class was paused when the verdict was being televised. Consider that for a moment.

The jury was isolated from all news coverage the media had no real influence on the people who actually made the decision

And Kevin Hart was in the car. And they had to prove their innocence in the next 24 hours or the real murderer will kill the Rock's wife

THIS SUMMER

It was out of control, the entire trial was a circus.

>literally everybody has a story describing their hypnosis during this event
>faggot green text
>jesus christ
great argument

take it to /x/ faggot

It was like Zimmerman trial here on Yea Forums, but went on for 4 months

>The jury was isolated from all news coverage
Yes, I'm sure they all came to the conclusion that racism excuses murder all on their own, with no influence from the media after a lifetime of watching television.

Attached: jussie-smollett-tears-up-gma1.jpg (624x410, 22K)

i've had this happen only twice in my life, Middle School French for OJ and College Speech for 9/11

Not him, but the media regularly makes up stories to serve the interests of the people who own them, and there's no reason to think this wasn't another example of that, considering its effect in creating racial divides.

Attached: Denise and Nicole - same person?.png (491x260, 167K)

That sounds impossible

I honestly don't understand how burgers can broadcast trials, the lawyers do press conferences and stuff like that.

How does that not ruin the whole process and fact-finding task of the Court?

I was in 5th grade at the time, just kept hearing about it on the news nonstop and parents, teachers kept talking about it... the oklahoma city bombing happened during the middle of it and took attention away from it... one of my teachers said something to the effect of "glad that this is being shown on the news instead of the oj trial"... then finally we heard the verdict in my math class by playing it on the radio....

One of the jurors openly admited in that it was revenge for Rodney King the racial element was denial and inherent to the case.

the jury is supposed to be sequestered and prevented from watching news or reading the paper

It's because of this there's now rules like that in place.

Media is more controlled in court rooms but ultimately many constitutional protections of free press that allows it to happen

They were held in hotel rooms for 9 months IIRC. They were pretty mad as they were originally told it would be for 6.

> Where did the jury stay during Simpson's trial? According to the Los Angeles Times, the City of Los Angeles put up the 12 jury members and two remaining alternates for 265 days at the Hotel Inter-Continental, which is now called the Omni Los Angeles Hotel, according to hotel website Oyster. The hotel housing the trial's jury was supposed to be unknown, but their accommodations were pretty much an open secret during their January through October 1995 stay, reported the LA Times.

Massive. But it wasn't the exciting thrill ride they portray in these docs and shows now. They just show the highlight, it was boring 99% of the time and lasted 8+ months.

The bronco chase I'll never forget. Watched it in a hotel room in Pueblo, Co while playing a baseball tourney.

That isn't true at all. They had contact with family members and it didn't matter. The nigs were totally dug in. They deliberated for what? 2-3 hours?

>For example, the rooms had TVs and phones, but the jurors weren't allowed to use them — ever. The jurors' homes for the duration of the trial were were clustered on the fifth floor of the hotel, where the elevator never stopped. If any of the jurors did want to leave the hotel, they had to take the service elevator with a guard. Juror Gina Marie Rosborough celebrated her first wedding anniversary with her husband while sequestered, and according to People, Judge Ito let her and her husband go to a movie and dinner at the hotel, but with a security guard chaperone.

By all accounts I've read they were kept in the dark

>media manufactures nationwide riots/looting
Wait are you implying that they weren't actually looting and that it was just CONCOCTED by the news? Are you actually serious?

were there tvs in the hotel room? did they have phones?

You yourself mentioned Cosby, who was already a primetime TV star with I Spy when OJ was still in college, and Fat Albert was every bit as big with white kids as black in the '70s. And while O.J. may have been the face of Hertz, Cosby was the face, at various times, of Jell-O, Kodak, and Coca Cola.

Less than 4 hours. One jury member gave the black power fist leaving the courtroom.

why didn't they just whip out their iphones and check out the video coverage on youtube?

How were they kept in the dark when they still had access to their family members? Pull your head out of your ass.

Not even that guy but that was before Cosby

OJ broke the barrier

Carlos you did good there, you've got an infinite amount of other fuckups to make up for though

relax jabroni

I unironically believe you user.

No, I'm asserting that the media's biased coverage and outright lies are done intentionally to racially inflame the easily-influenced black community for their own profit. Black people riot, white people stay in and watch the coverage. Ratings skyrocket. Ad revenue goes up. You do the math.

They still do this, in case you aren't paying attention. And it still works because unfortunately the black community still averages a double-digit IQ.

the black jury member is irrelevant, the whites on the jury agreed as well

> In post-trial interviews, a few of the jurors said that they believed Simpson probably did commit the murders, but that the prosecution had failed to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Three jurors together wrote and published a book called Madam Foreman, in which they described how their perception of police errors, not race, led to their verdict. They said that they considered Darden to be a token black assigned to the case by the prosecutor's office.

> Some said that the jurors, most of whom did not have any college education, did not understand the forensic evidence. After the verdict was read, juror number six, 44-year-old Lionel Cryer, gave Simpson a black power raised fist salute.
> The New York Times reported that Cryer was a former member of the revolutionary nationalist Black Panther Party that prosecutors had "inexplicably left on the panel".

the entire trial was one giant fuckup of the state spilling its spaghetti
> police fucked up
> DA fucked up the location selection
> prosecution fucked up its arguments
> prosecution fucked up the jury selection
> DNA evidence was still a new concept/pre-CSI and juries were easily confused

said it best, the OJ trial is THE teaching tool in how to not fuck up for future DAs

Stop getting your perception of history from industry plants like Jay Z and Stephen Colbert

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x225, 17K)

was in 5th grade when the verdict came in. they stopped class for this shit. We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita... "fuck niggers and fuck kikes"

>No, I'm asserting that the media's biased coverage and outright lies are done intentionally to racially inflame the easily-influenced black community for their own profit.
Dude it wasn't a the media that had to exaggerate shit like Rodney King beating speaks for itself. L.A in the 90s was at a racial boiling point after years of growing pains post civil rights. These tensions can be traced as far back as 1965 with the watts riots but I think the L.A riots in particular start with the shooting of Eula Love

>Eula Mae Love was an African-American mother who was shot and killed by Los Angeles Police Department Officers Edward M. Hopson and Lloyd W. O'Callaghan on January 3, 1979.[2][3] They were at her home in response to a disputed gas bill where she threatened and attacked a Postal carrier with a knife for delivering a bill to her that she could not afford to pay (although it was also reported that she attacked a gas man for trying to collect on the overdue bill or turn off her gas).[4] They allegedly shot her in self-defense as she was wielding a knife and was ready to throw it at them.[5]

>The killing generated widespread publicity,[6] and sparked public outrage, which led the Police Commission to conduct its own investigation of the shooting.[6] Black Angelenos' confidence in the LAPD declined precipitously in 1979 due in part to this case, according to Allen John Scott's book The City: Los Angeles and Urban Theory at the End of the Twentieth Century.[7] The report led to "significant reforms in the Department's procedures on use of force”

This would further be exacerbated by Operation Hammer:

>A Los Angeles Police Department C.R.A.S.H. initiative that began in April 1987, Operation Hammer was a large scale attempt to crack down on gang violence in Los Angeles, California.

Specifically an incident that happened on 39th Street and Dalton Avenue.

1/2

Reminder that is was this trial that popularized the use of "N-word" in place of "nigger," which continues to this day. It's so funny to me to hear grown people saying "N-word. It's just ridiculous.

>> In post-trial interviews, a few of the jurors said that they believed Simpson probably did commit the murders, but that the prosecution had failed to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Three jurors together wrote and published a book called Madam Foreman, in which they described how their perception of police errors, not race, led to their verdict. They said that they considered Darden to be a token black assigned to the case by the prosecutor's office.
>> Some said that the jurors, most of whom did not have any college education, did not understand the forensic evidence. After the verdict was read, juror number six, 44-year-old Lionel Cryer, gave Simpson a black power raised fist salute.
>> The New York Times reported that Cryer was a former member of the revolutionary nationalist Black Panther Party that prosecutors had "inexplicably left on the panel".
common law is a fucking meme

>>According to the LA Times, August 1, 1988 featured a large-scale raid by 88 LAPD officers on "two apartment buildings on the corner of 39th Street and Dalton Avenue ... It was an all-out search for drugs and a massive show of force designed to deliver a strong message to the gangs." Police caused massive property damage (including smashed furniture, holes punched in walls, and destruction of family photos) and sprayed graffiti messages such as "LAPD Rules" and "Rollin' 30s Die." In addition, "Dozens of residents from the apartments and surrounding neighborhood were rounded up. Many were humiliated or beaten, but none was charged with a crime. The raid netted fewer than six ounces of marijuana and less than an ounce of cocaine." In 2001, Officer Todd Parrick said in retrospect, "We weren't just searching for drugs. We were delivering a message that there was a price to pay for selling drugs and being a gang member."

These tensions were then further amplified by the shooting of Latasha Harlin

>Latasha Harlins (July 14, 1975 – March 16, 1991) was a fifteen-year-old African-American girl who was shot in the head by Soon Ja Du (Hangul:두순자), a fifty-one-year-old female convenience store owner from South Korea, who was tried and convicted of voluntary manslaughter in Harlins' death. Harlins was a student at Westchester High School in Los Angeles. Harlins' death came 13 days after the videotaped beating of Rodney King. Du was fined $500 and sentenced to five years of probation and 400 hours of community service but no prison time for her crime

This combination of excessive force, injustice within the courts, and a perception of the L.A.P.D as an occupying army by the black community led to the L.A Riots. The Rodney King incident was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Now were the Riots justified? Probably not,. But it's important to realize how and why it happened. In my opinion blame lies in part with the L.A.P.D.

Attached: 81a1ca7e080c946ca0a034f966256f42.jpg (1171x780, 123K)

We literally watched the end of the trial announcement in my 5th grade class. Entire class was white, California. Can't remember how we reacted, I honestly had no idea what was going on and why we were watching it.

Attached: 1527136462213.jpg (625x767, 123K)

What’s ridiculous is you forgot to finish your quotation like a fucking retard

Consider the following: the prosecutor who intentionally blew the Rodney King/LAPD trial also prosecuted and intentionally blew the OJ Simpson trial. Why would she do this?
>Clark was born Marcia Rachel Kleks in Alameda, California, the daughter of Rozlyn (née Masur) and Abraham Kleks. Her father was born and raised in then-Mandatory Palestine, and worked as a chemist for the Food and Drug Administration.[5] She was raised in a Jewish family

Who would benefit from an entire generation watching a football player get away with double murder?

why did he do it?

>the black jury member is irrelevant
There were 9 black jury members. They could browbeat the two white and 1 Hispanic jury member. It was never going to get more than a hung jury with that jury.

DA's office shouldn't have cucked and held the trial in Brentwood where the crime happened.

*calls you a nigger

Attached: mark-furhman-gettyimages-51587898_833jpg.jpg (300x300, 12K)

were the gloves planted or was the evidence tampered?

Attached: 1539698831122.jpg (226x220, 9K)

Well if you say nigger, then niggers are legally allowed to murder you according to Portland, Or.
washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/21/man-hurled-racist-slurs-punch-fedex-driver-then-died-after-he-was-punched-back/

>He may well have done it, but I'm far from certain.
It’s about as close as you can get to 100% that he did it, but the evidence just wasn’t there to convict him at the time. Anyone who still thinks he might not be guilty is probably a nigger or hasn’t been paying attention.

I wonder what the shit posting would have been like if Yea Forums had existed back then. It would have been fun

my English class had to listen on the radio. every one else saw it on tv.

But it wasn't. You act like the Cosby show is what put him on the map, but he was already a huge star even before O.J. won his Heisman. Cosby was already doing White Owl cigar ads in 1965 (which really WAS ground-breaking), and his relationship with Coca Cola started in '68. Even his Jell-O commercials started in '74, the year before O.J. became the face of Hertz.

The concept referred to, regarding O.J. goes back to a quote from a 1975 People magazine article that called him "the first black athlete to become a bona fide lovable media superstar." That much is arguably true, insofar as Muhammad Ali spent his career playing the heel. But the key word there is "athlete."

no but it's likely a lot of the blood evidence was tampered with at the very least. shitty police procedure resulted in a lot of holes being poked in the case presented by the prosecutors

Look at the state of our popular culture and you tell me.

Wasn't it just in a script he said the n word

Have sex

So fucking big that while in 7/8th grade the whole junior Senior high school I went to stopped and we all watched the verdict play on the schools internal tv system. I think k I watched part of it in the art room during lunch then went into English and everyone was still glued to the tv

Attached: 1555802393293.jpg (695x696, 603K)

*maybe

nah it was an interview

For lasting after effects it was bigger than 9/11. Just think of how much shit came out because of it.
It changed race relations, police procedures, news relay.
It brought us the kardashians. The way people tuned in by the millions to watch a literal court room or slow speed police chase essentially inventing reality tv.
To have been old enough to understand what was actually going on at the time, I can't stress enough how huge it was.

What fucking school did you go to? I grew up in So Cal and went to a private school. Even the black and mexican kids parents were saying that nig was guilty as all hell.

>He stepped out of the truck, and both men yelled at each other.
>Magnuson took a swing. Warren swung back, connecting a single blow above Magnuson’s left eye that sent him tumbling to the ground.
the nigger did nothing wrong. talk shit get hit. twice as hard if you throw the first punch

Is Fuhrman /ourguy/?

The only way he didn't do it is if it was his son. O.J. was clearly at the scene at some point, and he knows more than he's ever admitted, but there's still a small part of me that thinks he might have been covering for Jason.

>imagine if every social media platform today covered only one thing 24/7

So Trump?

for me? it's johnnie cochran

Attached: oj_simpson_suit.jpg (2000x1333, 766K)

OJ for sure has CTE. In a time where cte never existed that type of animalistic impulse is possible for a football player who probably has been getting concussions since he was a boy. I hope he donates his brain it would explain a lot

Magnusson swung first, that's defense

I'm so glad you fell for my bait... turns out that Warren (the nigger) actually swung first, and hit him multiple times. The media literally made up this version of events.

Thanks for playing

Gg no re

the point is that the prosecution fucked up. there shouldn't have been 9 black jury members if the DA took the jury selection more seriously and used their veto on certain members, like the former black panther party member. they let the defense stack the deck, when its their job to stack it as well

they were simply inept, and there were multiple black jurors who flat out said they think OJ did it but the state didn't do its job to erase reasonable doubt, which is 100% true. i've been on a jury before, it was actually pretty casual on how we decided shit. certainly longer than the 4 hours they took for OJ, but if i was on that jury i would've decided that as well. the prosecution didn't have an airtight case and they fucked it up. he obviously did it, but there was legal reasonable doubt

Isn't this bullshit somehow responsible for the Kardashians becoming huge? Didn't the Kardashian mother divorce rape the lawyer or some shit?

>The media literally made up this version of events.
source?

But how does that account for “If I Did It”? Just a total fabrication to cash in on his infamy?

sorry, i dont follow burger drama. i dont care enought to research on the topic and formed my opinion on the article linked by (you)

Kardashian patriarch was close friends with OJ.

Robert Kardashion was one of the lawyers and O.J is Kim Kardashions Godfather IIRC.

Ur so based and redpilled my fellow pede

He was kind of a pimp race hustler lawyer. Ahead of his time to some degree.

Sheeeeeeeeit that was pretty fucking good

Cash grab to help pay off his debts from the civil trial, plus he would still have to cover for Jason, who could theoretically still be tried.

He went over on those jabronis of the prosecution. look at this vanilla midget

Attached: christopherdarden-ojsimpsontrial-e1500833033604.jpg (410x250, 18K)

That's another thing it changed.
I feel like today's society has forgotten the meaning of reasonable doubt. They don't want another OJ to happen so they lay down guilty verdicts on cases where the prosecution didn't prove shit. They felt that the person is guilty so they laid that verdict down.

robert kardashian, the thots dad, was friends with OJ in the LA social scene. he was a lawyer who's law license expired. when OJ was in trouble one of the first people he called was robert. robert actually reapplied to get his attorney status validated so he could be on OJ's defense team, but not to defend him BUT so he couldn't be called to testify against him since it would violate attorney-client privilege

the entire family got local/regional-famous after that because even though he was already divorced, kris jenner was insanely jealous of the fame he was getting and wanted to have her own television coverage as well and the rest is history. basically if OJ didn't kill 2 people we'd never have seen those hoebags and kanye would be making better music

Poor Darden. Dude got lambasted by blacks as an Uncle Tom. But he also asked OJ to try on the glove, a monumental mistake.

>imagine if every social media platform today covered only one thing 24/7 and you were just bombarded with it every step of the way for years

Attached: poster_5cb755d56c0f411eb0cbe5b301674588.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

The irony of OJ was the black community fully supported him in the trial but he only had rich white friends. He was completely embraced by white society and hated niggers. The dream team played the race card and won.

>As we take off, Simpson is amazed at the crowds. He just couldn't believe there was this many people there. And he said, "what are all these niggers doing in Brentwood?"

That's always happened, though, before and after O.J.

And you forget more recent cases where a defendant that many people, probably a majority, thought was guilty got off. Just to name one, I'll mention Casey Anthony. Actually, that one was a lot like O.J. in that the prosecution came across as utterly incompetent, IMO.

>6th grade public school in the 90s where the teacher can decide to put on whatever they want
>academia
you're fucking retarded m8

Still not enough. They stopped broadcasting the NBA finals at height of its popularity to show OJ shit.
Imagine them not showing the super bowl so we could see a trump speech.
That's what user meant by bombarded.

how would that reapplication strategy even work? Wouldn't he be obstructing justice or something? Imagine if you set up your crime syndicate so that you were all lawyers and represented each other in a cyclical structure. It would be foolproof.

why would the son do it though? mad at the separation? it seems way more plausible that oj did it in a fit of cocaine rage

Jay Leno had a dancing judge ito ballet, thats how fucked up it was, it was everywhere

>it seems way more plausible that oj did it in a fit of cocaine rage
it was because his brain was melting due to cte triggering psychotic attacks

t. underage zoomer redhats

social media covers a lot of different stuff today. OJ was a completely different level. EVERYTHING was OJ-related. this user is right . you can't stress how big it was, it makes trump coverage look like blip in "omg star wars is so woke now" bullshit. OJ dominated everything, it was just a perfect storm of pre-internet, post-cable news, b-list celebrity, a-list athlete, 24/7 news cycle, everything else about it, racial tensions in LA, the riots, just lightning in a bottle

that's a lot of effort to respond to a schizo /pol/tard

>you now realize people old enough to post on Yea Forums will be making threads like this except about 9/11

Attached: 1554429236120.jpg (1024x908, 59K)

it varies state to state but kardashian and OJ were friends in college, so OJ felt more comfortable talking to him, and he could "speak law" to the other regular lawyers like cochran. the law could very well be different now in california due to the OJ trial

you now realize there are people legally allowed to vote that have never seen 9/11 live

He did it, but you'd have to be a retard to say they proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.
The prosecution was fucking incompetent and as such got thoroughly trounced by /our guy/ Cochran

DEMOLISHED by FACTS and LOGIC

i wonder what papa kardashian would think about his kids now

IIRC, there were rumors that Jason had anger issues, a history of violence towards women, and had a drug problem. Also there were issues with his alibi (suspicions that his time card may have been falsified).

At least one a week on /pol/

it's possible for someone who just turned 18 today to not even remember hurricane katrina

Attached: 1538536251686.png (819x716, 563K)

Didn't pay much attention to the fiascos because I was busy working but I remember thinking that somebody who was once held as a hero just got taken down.
>Blazing Saddles

also, all those Naked Guns...

Attached: blazing_saddles.jpg (928x523, 74K)

>still cant provide a single shred of evidence for this """"hypnosis"""""
No one is buying your psy op nonsense fag

>OJ Simpson
>Blazing Saddles

Norm shitting on OJ, got him fired from SNL
youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc

Based Koreans on their mini marts' roofs with machine guns. Yeah, I remember that.

i was in first fucking grade when this was happening. and i remember talking about in the playground playing hacky sack because all the parents were talking about it non stop. this was huge

Either way, no love lost.

he hated the fame and didn't understand why all the cameras and news were camping outside his property 24/7. he was genuinely loyal to OJ, his college friend of 20+ years, even though deep down he knew OJ did it

i only wish he didn't die of cancer and got to see all his daughters become whores because his whore ex-wife is a disgusting fame-seeking monster. also OJ probably is khloe's dad because she already cheated on robert before and all the sisters look alike except for her

>Blazing Saddles
O.J. wasn't in that.

That was Cleavon Little. It was supposed to be Richard Pryor, but Warner Bros. rejected him because of his drug arrests (he was still involved as a writer).

Interdasting. But he did go to jail for something retarded later on...

I hope it was Cheese Pizza.

They let us watch the verdict in school

fucking hell... I didn't think this was a YLYL

>Was the coverage unprecedented for the time?
it made people realize that americans obsessing over race will never end.

hot.

Based Garagos always gets his way. Note I didn't say win.

Attached: reasonable doubt.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Stop it right now.

34 here. It was a huge deal. I remember watching the verdict being read and mom my literally coming home just in time to hear it. She shouted
>No!
as they acquitted him.

"God Himself Told Me That OJ Is Guilty"
-- The Pope.

Fucking hell, I love Norm.
If I recall, though, it wasn't just him shitting on OJ that got him fired. He stated specifically on Marc Maron's WTF that it was just that he didn't get along with others.
Kris Kattan, specifically.

>Hey hey! Easy with that! That's my lucky stabbin' hat.

Holy shit, I remember when that aired. Ungh.

I know that. It's called yanking your chain.

Cracks me up how people talk about white privileged. If a white dude did this he'd be raked over the coals. Blacks and jews have free reign to rape and murder women though and get away with it.

Attached: 1406641986927.cached-700x437 - Copy.jpg (700x437, 72K)

>mfw i saw ALL of the important events of history LIVE on TV
>LA Riots
>OJ
>9/11
>Michael Jackson trial
>Hurricane Katrina
blow me, zoomers

nice dubs, I guess...
The law is the law. And that's how it played out.

Attached: Rorschach.jpg (939x720, 201K)

Actually I'm glad somebody still knows who Cleavon Little is. I remember him from stupid shit like ALF and MacGyver in bit parts... There are parts of my brain that won't be wiped away from the Alzheimer's.

Why are you here if you're over 30?
Kids I get, lots of time, unstable life, etc; but you're supposed to get your shit together in your 30s.

get fucked, zoomer
some of has careers and children and still have time to shitpost

The law is the law except when you're rich and have connections.

it gave us based rooftop koreans
so it was all worth it

but there was only one cable news channel at the time - CNN

Holy fuck...

The only "internet" was a 2800 baud modem at tops, most were 300 and you just had to rely on BBS. I do remember some folks having CNN, though...

pic related

Now you know why I chose Rorschach.

Attached: korean.jpg (640x432, 113K)

they say now there's a video of him fleeing?

I thought the broncho chase stuff was shown live? Am I wrong?

Oj Simpson is only remembered so vividly because it displayed how much blacks and whites resented each other as races. For example my black high school football coach took the day off to watch the verdict and then got plastered at a bar celebrating

My next door neighbor literally shotgunned his tv stand in anger. Too bad that goes against the idea of equality so everyone pretends it was just about a murderer getting off

Picture election night 2016 but it went on for weeks and weeks and everyone was bracing for more darkies to riot when OJ was sent to the slammer. And, like the Trump miracle, OJ wasn't convicted and everyone just kinda exhaled slowly and life went on.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots
That was five years prior to the OJ trial and fresh in everyone's minds. OJ Simpson was never really a champion for blacks, and was in movies with the greatest Canadian to ever walk God's Creation, but it was weird how they all started getting rowdy watching that Bronco cruise away from the police.

Attached: Naked-Gun-Cast-e1470688526983-800x400.jpg (800x400, 65K)

Daily reminder Johnny Cochran (OJ’s lawyer) was the same guy who got snoop dog off the hook for a murder charge where he shot someone in broad daylight.

He was a fucking hall of famer as far as lawyers went

dang.
I was in high school but did not remember reactions like that. And I'm in hick country,

Attached: tv.png (539x720, 55K)

It's so fucking nuts though. This guy murdered two people serial killer style and they were cheering for him. I get the whole "muh justice" narrative but I don't buy it.

Snoop dog was self defense. More so then Zimmerman.

nice dubs and I agree... I half-heartedly watched this stuff play out on the news and I thought, "what's the problem? The evidence is right there." I guess I got dupped.

Duped, not depped...

Attached: Depp.jpg (634x848, 129K)

Niggers are dumb. They could have had video of him butchering white people and they would have still cheered.

See the Norm MacDonald video. But you will get fired over it.

>OJ Simpson was never really a champion for blacks
He was Kunta Kinte's father in Roots. For millions of Kangs he was he imaginary daddy the white devil stole from them.

Attached: ayo hol up.jpg (928x523, 90K)

They're not dumb. At least not for that reason. They know what team they're on.

They also know whitey is completely enervated. If they were afraid of getting hung they wouldn't have cheered OJ.

>Was the coverage unprecedented for the time?

If you have to ask then the answer is yes.

Honestly, what it was was kino television. It was the murder that the entire country wanted - just for entertainment.

Attached: i.jpg (800x450, 33K)

it's about revenge. my tribe vs your tribe, you kill one of us yadda yadda

They thought he was innocent.

he unironically didn't do it

Not 9/11. That was bigger. It was more like the Challenger disaster.

Im 34 too and a britbong and the OJ trial was massive even over here. Remember he was on the run from the police cirst and the media shitstorm just grew.
9/11 was pure kino but it was the worldwide shitstorm that occurred after that was the real treats

That's why I consider them dumb. As long as whitey is getting killed it's justice for them. If a white man killed the black wife of his own children though the majority of whites would still want justice to be served.

the ironic thing was if it was marguerite who OJ killed, he would've got sentenced for 25 years. but the jurors resented nicole for marrying a black man

Twin Peaks, you mean... oh wait, in real life.

so true.. ouch. My teacher.

He was the most oreo nigga who ever walked the planet until he murdered two people. Just goes to show that a nog can always nog out.

They knew if they said OJ was guilty the blacks would start looting and killing again, like in LA

Meanwhile they knew whites are pussies

This user was assassinated in her sleep tonight

Oj was innocent the cartel killed them because the white girls bf was a high time Jewish drug dealer

it's why LA doesn't do celeb murders anymore. Patton Oswalt

Hey, Golden State was real. for reals...