Miami Vice (2006)

What the fuck is up with this movie? Why is it so polarizing? Why do some people love it so much.
It’s on Netflix, but I heard there are two cuts. Is the Netflix cut the best one? What am I in for?

Attached: 45399A19-FD0B-420D-9BFE-B4DCDF8AE50B.jpg (309x445, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uLBV8XEfzas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a movie adaptation to a beloved TV show and also one of his worst movies
people who wanted 80s nostalgia are retards though

Oh okay.
I’d been hearing and reading people talk about how it’s some deep allegorical film, and how it’s one of Mann’s best.

they are trolling

Don't listen to this retard.

I hate every new Mann movie because they look like shit.
Which is a damn shame because he used to make some really beautiful movies.

>What the fuck is up with this movie? Why is it so polarizing?
It's a pleb filter and the only people who hate it are diehard Miami Vice fans who can't accept that their beloved show was only worth watching for the first two seasons, or legit plebs.
>Why do some people love it so much.
It's the only example of handheld digital kinography that actually works and works well.
>I heard there are two cuts. Is the Netflix cut the best one?
Theatrical is superior because it has better pacing. Also has one of the best openings to a film, ever.

Attached: PSPzShy[1].jpg (3840x1602, 518K)

typical Yea Forums contrarianism
will give no points on what makes the movie good other than WHOA THE NIGHT CITY SHOTS LOOK GOOD
whoop de do so do half of his movies

It's polarizing because some people like style and atmosphere while others prefer plot and character.

MV has lots of the former and little of the latter.

Just remember that Yea Forums will praise fury road and shit all over miami vice 2006

it's the ultimate pleb filter

One of Mann's best, right up there with Heat and Collateral.

Neither Heat nor Collateral is his best

It was hated then Rediscovered. Think the visuals are good but that's pretty much about it. I think I only saw this and heat from Mann and I disliked them for the most part even if I enjoyed parts of it. Oh I also saw that hacker movie who had some of the stupidest plots and dialogue but some pretty good shooting scenes

I remember trying to download it on Morpheus when it came out just because it had some Linkin Park song on the soundtrack. The download speed was low that I never finished downloading it

>Theatrical is superior because it has better pacing. Also has one of the best openings to a film, ever.
The extended cut opens with a boat chase tho

Manhunter
Heat
Insider
Collateral
Miami Vice

Attached: the-insider.webm (1008x560, 634K)

typical Yea Forums contrarianism
will give no points on what makes the movie bad other than WHOA ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER

It's kino for sure, especially the halfway underwater camera lens as the boats get closer. You can't top this for a first time viewing, though.
youtu.be/uLBV8XEfzas

This and Public Enemies are great visually and have everything going for them, but there's something missing to them that makes them feel forgettable to films like Collateral and Heat.

Attached: public_enemies118.jpg (1013x1500, 283K)

I think people would've been more receptive of the look of the film if it opened at a night scene.

The movie is fucking awesome. A must watch movie over a chilled Mohito.

Attached: download (3).jpg (195x259, 9K)

I unironically went out and bought all the shit I'd need for mojitos after seeing miami vice

Mann’s best work

This.

Dont order them at the bar, especially if it's busy. Theyre a pain in the ass to make and usually only pretentious assholes order them. All the bartenders will talk shit about you for ordering one behind your back. Dont be "that mojito guy" and if you are you better tip AT LEAST $5

bars are a scam, I just bring my own handle and get drunk for cheap while we're outside smoking.

At the bar, you should be ordering Blackjacks or Lowanbrau like the original Miami Vice.