Chinese filmmaker claims that PC Hollywood censorship is worse than China

>I ask if censorship explains why Chinese movies have failed to captivate world audiences. Gao is emphatic that the real issue is a lack of skill and experience. And Hollywood, he argues, has its own informal censorship regime.

>“In Hollywood, many things can’t be filmed. The villain can’t be a person of colour. He will definitely be a white man like you. It can’t be a woman or an Asian...My experience is that political correctness in Hollywood is possibly the most powerful censorship in the world. But despite this strong pressure,” he adds diplomatically, “Hollywood still makes great movies.”

>In fact, Gao insists that limitations on content stimulate rather than stifle creativity. Growing up in the 1970s, he was raised on a diet of Soviet cinema — proof, he suggests as he reels off a list of movies, that modern masterpieces can be produced under censorship.

>ft.com/content/56a592e2-5788-11e9-91f9-b6515a54c5b1

Attached: China Hollywood.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Te8rNaLAz4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Chinese person makes public statement saying that censorship in China isn't actually that bad.
Very trustworthy.

Coming from a country where winnie the pooh is banned.

Idris Elba is the main villain in Hobbs and Shaw. Charlize Theron was a villain in the earlier F&F movie. Hela was a cillain in Thor. Killmonger was a villain in Black Panther. Eva Green was a villain in Sin City 2. Lucy Liu has been a bad guy in numerous movies, she's a woman AND asian. Training Day had Denzel play the bad guy.

If there's an issue, it's not that Hollywood is too PC, it's that minorities for a very long time weren't given major roles in movies where they could play bad guys.

Literally a strawman. Kingsman has a black AND an asian villain, at the same time.

Attached: kingsman-villains-.jpg (770x562, 71K)

chink good
merica bad

Not only that but Gazelle is missing both legs so she's also a villain that's a disabled person. And so is Mr Glass from Unbreakable.

Hey China, can I screen Jason and the Argonauts in your country? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Commies btfo

>he was raised on a diet of Soviet cinema — proof, he suggests as he reels off a list of movies, that modern masterpieces can be produced under censorship.
yes, Soviet Cinema managed to create War & Peace and Tarkovsky's films, what has China been able to create after being subjected to decades of censorship?

China isn't communist

>literally the most SJW movie of the year
>main villain is portrayed by a female

China man you're drunk.

Attached: captain_marvel_supreme_intelligence.png (529x350, 385K)

>Growing up in the 1970s, he was raised on a diet of Soviet cinema — proof, he suggests as he reels off a list of movies, that modern masterpieces can be produced under censorship.
Has anybody seen any of those old Soviet movies? Are they any good?

Soviet censorship wasn't as bad as Chinese in the way that post Stalin it almost never actually straight up banned things but instead censored them. There was some wiggle room which allowed you to indirectly criticize powers in charge but Soviets and Soviet army always had to be portrayed as the saviors of Europe and not rapists and oppressors that they were.

>His fans hail him as an intellectual with an entertainer’s flair, while equally ardent detractors find him unbearably smug. “I find that Chinese people like intellectuals more than Americans,” he says. “Americans really like sports stars. If you meet a complete stranger but your hat says ‘49ers’, you immediately have lots to chat about. When Chinese sit down at the table, everyone wants to talk about history.”
Is this actually true?

He's right you know.

OY VEY

Attached: 1554908302334.jpg (600x761, 56K)

Not even the only recent SJW movie with a female villain.

Attached: bellwether.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

i dont care if that chinamen is right or wrong, i just want to the chinese to buy the everfucking everything in hollywood. fuck their current owners

>i just want to the chinese to buy the everfucking everything in hollywood
You really think that a bunch of Chinese communists with an actual agenda are going to be any better?

> I just want actual state-mandated censorship in my content
You're welcome to cry about SJWs, but you're dumb as fuck still.

good movies already exist and new ones can be done by everyone easier than ever.
no one needs the legacy film industry anymore

All of those villains you listed have heavy redeeming qualities or "bad ass" traits
You'd never see a minority villain like this dude

Attached: jpg.jpg (800x450, 47K)

Your last few examples are from a period in American film just prior to the identity politics PC movement. It's not common to have ethnic villains despite what your shitpist claims.

>and new ones can be done by everyone easier than ever.
Not when China is in charge. Notice how the guy in the interview the OP posted even admits that China sucks at making movies.

Who is that dude? has no redeeming qualities. Not does his character in Jango Unchained.

Nice moving of goal posts.

She's not even an actual villain in the film, the central computer (or whatever it is) takes the form of whoever you look up to the most in order to more easily manipulate you. In the movie the actual character is a genius inventor and a hero, and the real villain in the story is Jude Law.

I didn't even read your post but I love Sonny Chiba

The only moving goalposts are in your mindbrain

Lets also not forget how bad most movies and tv shows are written and directed because holllywood will pick the black lesbian writer (whos only ever written political articles on gossip blogs) over any white man who actually spent his life honing and learning his craft. Same with directors, cinematography, and set/costume design. Majority of movies and film nowadays look and sound like garbage because those who are in charge arent picking the most talented theyre choosing people based on their gender/skin color while also complaining how people need to stop focusing on color/gender. We really live in a fucked up non sensical world.

Attached: 1533554647729.jpg (600x450, 64K)

>The villain can’t be a person of colour. He will definitely be a white man like you. It can’t be a woman or an Asian..

Absolutely based, and true. You can't name a single movie in the last 10 years where they portray niggers like they did in the Wire.
Even in fucking cities with 80% nigger population, the shoplifters and bullies will be white.

When...will I...will I be famouuuus

(I can;'t answer that)

If it ain't Drunken Master II you can go and fuck yourself

more like KANGSman haha

Sofia is african, not asian.

But none of these were "villains" outside of everyone going "hey youre the bad guy" NONE of them did anything of any real evil/villainy. Tom Hardy in revenant is a great villian, DDL in there will be blood is another good example. People who are real pieces of shit you want to see get taken out. Hollywood has had a real problem of writing genuinely despicable villains. They all have some redeeming factor or are only bad guys in the sense something traumatic happened to them so now theyre upset till the heroes help change their heart. Case and point wasp in ant man 2.

His whole intention was to save the world from overpopulation. It was fucked up how he went about it. But he wasnt like this evil ruthless prick. Youre just proving OPs point.

Jackie Fucking Chan, baby

youtube.com/watch?v=Te8rNaLAz4o

(((hollywoodland))) is cancer.

You can have big villains who are non white but small time gangsters or drug dealers are always white teash neonazis or strangely racially diverse groups. If it's inspired by a true story they just change the races to make the victim nonwhite etc. I think the guy who made "Cops" admitted they switched the races when the perpetrator was black and the victim was white.

Anyone wish china would just take over already. Youd see the end of all the pc/sjw bullshit overnight since china doesnt play the "muh emotions and feelings" game

>You can have big villains who are non white but small time gangsters or drug dealers are always white teash neonazis or strangely racially diverse groups
Have you ever seen Luke Cage or Black Lightning?

Do you seriously think Berbers are an Asian ethnic group? Or is this some kind of 'well Berbers are intermixed with Bedouins who came from Arabia which is technically in Asia so...'

I met a Chinamen once but he didn't have much to say as he sailed over the hood of my car

>china doesnt play the "muh emotions and feelings" game
Except that it totally does. Not to mention all the censorship.

>tfw growing up Wesley snipes in demolition man was your favoritve bad guy of all time

And well never see another black bad guy who was equal parts awesome/and a ruthless evil piece of shit.

>I know nothing about china

It shows

Maybe Idris in H&S

>None

You're either ignorant or dishonest as fuck. Half of Training Day literally revolves around Denzel planning to murder Hawke after he proves to be too much of a goodie two shoes to join his crew. He's a total piece of shit character smiling at you one second while stabbing you in the back the next, exemplified by how he earlier murders his own "friend" in the raid just to get the money to pay his debt. Eva Green's character is a classic femme fatale character manipulating everyone to her personal benefit and betrayes them after they've become useless.

China is full of sjws. The zoomers and millennials fly pride flags, give each other AIDS, take drugs, crossdress, have poly relationships and many other 'western' things. Why do incels insist on pretending China is some right wing le redpilled utopia?

Of course not, he's a racist who just wants to complain about black people.

PC Hollywood is a disgusting bloated abomination, but ching chong manlet dog-eaters are even worse.

>reaching back to movies made nearly 20 years ago to pull a handful of examples
Damn, that chink got BTFO!

because they've never traveled 30 miles outside of their shitty county
anyone who's actually been to china wouldn't want those soulless bugpeople to own anything

Hes talking about RECENT training day was almost 2 decades ago. And eva green was far from a legit bad guy. Plus she walks around naked for the majority of the film/uses her looks and sex to get what she wants. Which would make sjws seethe if the movie came out nowadays.

>China is full of sjws
lol no. Chinese netizens are racist af.
most of them sympathized with the Christchurch shooter's views in an online poll.

>if someone has a differing opinion than me than clearly they are a virgin

What a sad state of affairs weve been reduced to when thats how people disagree with each other. Anyone else remember a time when you could have differing opinions with people and didnt feel the need to insult or cut them down just because they dont think exactly like you.

Shhh user. CNN and their news feed say otherwise. And its not like the media ever lies

And it was accused of being right wing propaganda

>And eva green was far from a legit bad guy.

Are you fucking kidding me? She seduces and betrays people left and right out of pure greed. How is she not a proper bad guy?

>[nudity] would make sjws seethe if the movie came out nowadays.

Oh. You're literally full of shit AND delusional. The movie came out five years ago.

Well obviously they would sympathize with Christchurch going by their track record. Them hating niggers and muslims doesn't refute a single example I gave.

>The villain can’t be a person of colour.
Alita, Dr Strange, Venom. That's just off the top of my head.

if he criticised china he would get lost though

>RECENT

So what exactly is this magic time frame of yours where literally nobody but white men could be villains anymore? Four years? Three years, six months? Anything after 2018?

>WHERE IS MY BASED AND REDPILLED CHINESE WIFE FUCK WESTERN DEGENERATES PUMP ME FULL OF RMB AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: insect.jpg (640x1138, 71K)

He is wrong there are many villains who are non white

If he said the opposite he’d disappear

Therefore BS

Delete this

Why are Asians so racist and xenophobic?

Attached: C3551A52-3612-48D4-8AE1-401F67A136A0.png (1412x940, 1.28M)

lmao he's retarded
westerners are not going to start watching movies from a country that won't even let film makers show skeletons and criminal behavior on screen.

i've been here for years and unironically no

Racist right-wingers and SJW’s are no different in practice.

>Them hating niggers and muslims doesn't refute a single example I gave.
it means they have nothing in common with esjaydubya's

Have sex

I thought that said homosexual marriage for a second.

Maybe you guys should try to have more sex?

Chinese don’t understand their history beyond CHINASTRONK

in venom an indian/arabic guy is a main villian

btw is it not a trend in american movies to fight evil arabs all the time? It has been a main topic for action movies for decades a typical storyline where eastern terrorists want to blow something up

i have not seen aquaman but i remember from trailer that there were some villian in stupid costume and people made jokes about costume because it looked like cheap costume from power rangers and this villain was black

>irrational

I hate how pol weebs glamorize China

I’ve been there multiple times, it’s an utter shithole full of soulless bug people

the same foolish thoughts i read about russia (im a russian) the truth is you know nothing about these countries , even if they are far more racist/xenophobic than europe and usa it does not mean this is their main agenda and they are obssesed with it like you do.

>they are obssesed with it like you are
fix

>posting literal propaganda

WHY.exe