Musical thread

Musical thread.

Where’s muh Miss Saigon movie with Lea Salonga cameo?
Where’s muh Hamilton movie?
Where’s muh Phantom movie that all of us we can be proud of?
Where’s muh Dear Evan Hansen mov- oh wait, it’s actually happening

Attached: FAAA277F-0702-4194-B2C7-B55B63900097.jpg (1104x1600, 493K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uSftyzAomes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like wholesome musicals not degenerate shit. Also sung-through musicals annoy me

Attached: SoundofMusicWeb1.jpg (650x634, 214K)

>people into musicals
>”they must be literal faggots”

Attached: 33FD4C1B-9E74-4674-A085-696FE874BB28.jpg (422x380, 42K)

>no Les Mis
>Hamilton is smarter than Miss Saigon
>Dear Evan Hansen is smarter than Miss Saigon, Hamilton and Phantom combined

Attached: Animegirlpuke.png (432x415, 177K)

How has a Wicked movie not been made? I think they are finally making one but they missed out with not making a movie adaptation immediately with Idina and Kristin.

There was plans for a Wicked movie to come out in Christmas 2019, but production halted to spearhead a Cats Musical movie

Hi nostalgiafag

I don't like musicals. I just like Hamilton

>Where’s muh Miss Saigon movie with Lea Salonga cameo?
It offends communists
>Where’s muh Hamilton movie?
They don't want to hurt the show
>Where’s muh Phantom movie that all of us we can be proud of?
Michael Crawford is too old

I love the music man.

>They don't want to hurt the show
And yet a DEH movie is in development

Everyone should be a nostalgiafag, those who aren't are fucking weirdos

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH POTA YOU SHITLER

Attached: lonelywojack.png (500x394, 54K)

>grew up doing musical theater
>fag jokes every day in school
>go to college
>ladyboi grinding on me at a party
>we suck each other's dick
>my life affirms the stereotype for at least another generation

fml

Attached: 1555123664773.jpg (222x251, 17K)

Similar situation for me, but I was high on coke when I agreed to let him suck my dick and I didn't come and told him to stop

Attached: wojackhugs.jpg (234x216, 10K)

A girl I'm dating literally likes these

Or tweens that put seeing Hamilton on their bucket list

Musicals are for fags and women. That is all.

Childhood is idolizing White Christmas. Adulthood is realizing Holiday Inn makes more sense.

So that makes you a big fan of musicals.

It's weird, things like musicals and dance and ballet used to be things it was okay for a straight man to like, but sometime in the 90s/00s it became a "lol you're so gay" thing. What the fuck is up with that?

Men are the sex that can appreciate art, we love music and movies and why is it gay to like the two combined together?

Attached: 1552116868833.png (479x591, 40K)

Gayest shit I read all day

t. literal faggot

I was high on cocaine, have you ever done cocaine you piece of shit?

It became either too difficult or unnecessary to hide in the closet, so when all the fags came out, it "just-so-happened" that they where all big into musicals

Attached: 1514838674654.jpg (750x1334, 234K)

No, but I've also never been sucked off by a man, so I win this round

I'm not gay though, I only jerk off to women's feet

Well the coke makes you do things, that you wouldn't do otherwise, it's a hell of a drug

To be honest I was rejected by so many women that I thought "Hey maybe I should just become gay" except I quickly learned that I don't find men attractive and I will be a wizard until death

Opera vs. Musicals = Soul vs. Souless

Attached: fitzcarraldo5big.jpg (1394x784, 725K)

>never knows the human experience of what it is like to have a man suck your dick, as so many greeks and romans have done before you

hmm who's the winner here hmm

>DEH movie in development
When the fuck was this announced?!

Attached: 221ABAE9-4994-4FB8-9E5C-8B6187D140BD.gif (360x243, 1.97M)

She’s your beard, isn’t she?

I’ve done some ridiculous fucking shit in my life, as a probably sex addict. Fucking a Mexican tranny is one of them and it was something I’m actually no ashamed of because of how great it was.

dear evan hansen is trash, every song sounds like shitty Christian rock
Hamilton is bad Sondheim, and not in a complimentary way. miss Saigon and phantom are great

not counting the wayback movie musicals I'd say either hairspray or 1776 are the best, great casts and excellent execution.

Attached: 1548801957118.jpg (240x320, 18K)

Which Hairspray movie?

2007 one, has there even been another one?

NBC made Hairspray live

>Dear Evan Hansen
>trash

Attached: A3C73673-5045-40F9-8BCC-D94C873CCE2F.jpg (1125x617, 475K)

daily cocaine habit haver here, it dont make you suck a another mans pensil that’s for danm sure

Alcohol does that

>weebshit poster
>also has shit taste in musicals
Should I be suprised?

Attached: 28268919726259.jpg (800x800, 273K)

Soooooo, am I the only person that thinks a film version of Hamilton would be fucking atrocious with how much you'd have to neuter the choreography and stagecraft aspects of the show?

Hamilton, Book of Mormon, and Spider-man are the only good musicals everything else is bluepilled and concentrated gay.

No because hamiltons stage craft is overrated and nothing complex. They could add a lot with a budget.

At least his other musical is getting a film version, if anyone gives a fuck.

Attached: 443DBD3A-B6C0-48F7-A91C-D290FEEDC157.jpg (1748x1486, 267K)

>praising the Spider-Man musical
>DEH is considered shit taste

Attached: 3AC92802-49DF-43D9-9D6B-DB93876EE1DA.gif (640x262, 2.86M)

based

It also depends on the casting and if LMM directs the project.

>tfw the perfect casting choice of Aaron Burr is also a vile human being
Such a shame he did all that fucked up shit, he would’ve killed it as Aaron Bure

Attached: 2CC180B2-FED7-425F-A285-B955D297E8A7.jpg (600x745, 76K)

Literally who

>R. Kelly as Burr
Why do I want this so fucking much? Too bad he did all of that bullshit to be in the film.

Attached: A54F5F15-A0D3-42E6-A614-0105FC790CAE.gif (436x345, 1.56M)

>applefag filename
>popular giphy reaction gif
>likes the musical equivalent to plain oatmeal
literal NPC poster

Attached: staticjak.gif (675x564, 213K)

Shrek the Musical is literally better than all of those

of course it's considered shit taste
the plot is boring, the music is lame, and the fans, much like Hamilton, are insufferable. of the last 5 years groundhog day is the only seriously good musical imo

Attached: 461.gif (400x300, 133K)

Attached: crazy ex - tits on glass.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

That actually exists?

>not knowing who R. Kelly is
A part of me legit wants to know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Attached: 344A9006-4681-4237-B6BA-C977FB0C24DD.jpg (232x255, 24K)

miss saigon is such a shit propagandist movie

real miss saigon would be cutting the balls of GIs and blowing their heads off

>miss saigon is such a shit propagandist m-

Attached: LeaSalonga.jpg (300x450, 25K)

>comparing DEH to plain oatmeal
I’ve seen musicals that have a better comparison but DEH isn’t one of em.

Most of the music is “move the plot along” tier, but
>For Forever
>Sincerely, Me
>Words Fail
>Waving Through A Window
>You Will Be Found
>lame

Attached: AlitaKEK.jpg (1200x675, 210K)

Zoomers don't remember anything that came before 2007-2008

This was surprisingly good.

Attached: C935F52E-2101-443C-B38D-A549B41ABC19.jpg (2000x1250, 367K)

They don’t need to be zoomers to not know Mr. Golden Showers, the allegations went full swing in twenty goddamn nineteen

>It's weird, things like musicals and dance and ballet used to be things it was okay for a straight man to like, but sometime in the 90s/00s it became a "lol you're so gay" thing. What the fuck is up with that?
If you're a high-test unapologetically masculine man in a gay field like figure skating you will probably drown in prime athletic pussy.

truth

I unironically loved this as someone who has seen two (2) major broadway-tier stage production's in his life. I don't care if theater snobs shit on it.

Attached: Trapped_In_The_Closet_Chapters_1-22.jpg (270x367, 19K)

>Hamilton, aka "WE WUZ KANGS: The Musical" above Phantom.

Attached: 1430237797504.gif (319x240, 434K)

Phantom isn’t a good movie to adapt to film. It’s so fun to watch a good production of it live and it couldn’t be replicated on screen. The movie they did was just ok
Miss Saigon has some good songs and could be interesting
Hamilton would be shit on screen
Dear Evan Hansen is also probably going to be bad and cringe, even though the music is great
This was actually terrible

Attached: 95D37884-940F-4885-8212-24CB3CB437A4.jpg (260x273, 17K)

What were those 2 musicals?

Thoughts on LND?

Attached: lnd.jpg (500x500, 57K)

>Hamilton would be shit on screen
Even if LMM has full creative control over the project? I mean, LMM knows what he’s doing.

LALALA MISS SAIGON

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uSftyzAomes

No love for West Side Story?

Maybe when that Spielberg remake comes out next year, even then it’ll have major competition when Cats and the In The Heights movie come out the same year.

>LMM knows what he’s doing.
On the stage yes. The only film that I think he’s been in was that abysmal Mary Poppins sequel. As far as his personal performance goes, I don’t like his voice or his presence. I felt that way when I saw him on Broadway in Hamilton as well

In the Mary Poppins sequel or overall?

If so, LMM isn’t well known for his powerhouse vocals. He’s more well known for his book writing and rapping skills.

>wanting I Want To Piss On You to play Aaron Burr
Even if he didn’t do those things to those women and has a clean record, R. Kelly lacks the restraint that is key to playing Aaron Burr perfectly. He’ll go full extra every chance he fucking gets

Attached: Kidsreact.gif (608x257, 3.96M)

Fanfiction tier.

>Hamilton that high
Cringe and yikespilled

The best songs he wrote for Hamilton are the ones with the least amount of rap and don’t feature him singing
>satisfied
>one last time
>helpless
>you’ll be back

Also I gave Hamilton a pass for the portrayal of the founding fathers as crotch grabbing supa hot fire wannabes because it’s the stage, but on film you need a degree of reverence for the actual characters being represented.

Attached: 1468D572-5E37-423B-86E9-981B663C3BB3.jpg (1853x1125, 1.45M)

“No!”

1776 is the only good musical.

What do you guys think about Anastasia? Stay I Pray You was a dope song.

What's the best place to download bootlegs?

Attached: 91JxNmYTWYL.jpg (1929x2560, 661K)

Pure fiction. She neve made it out of Ipatiev house. She was stripped naked, has acid thrown onto her face to make her unrecognizable in case the whites discovered her corpse that they hid in a cave, a panicking group of reds doubled back to that cave, burned her corpse, and then buried her in the woods with her family.

Well, yeah, I know that it's not meant to be a documentary lol

pic related, mah nigga
my biggest problem with Hamilton, every song or line I just remembered wait, this has been done before and it was better and funnier?

agreed. the musical suffers from a strange combination of repetitive themes and, worse, doing the 'white people rap' thing. I've seen it in both NY and chiraq and, though a lot of the cast is fantastic, it just isn't great, certainly not as big as the fans pump it to be

imo LMM isn't as big as people play him up to be. He knows how to write and shit like in the heights was good, but for one thing he needs to drop his fucking ego. he's not that great a singer/actor and especially compared to broadway-level performances he sounds like shit. the Miguel Cervantes dude in Chicago is 100x better, he oughta back off and let better talent prevail. plus, more essentially, he needs to differentiate his themes and rhythms more- the comparison is mad often but saying he sounds like a bad Sondheim (aka every fucking song and character follows the same beats) and oughta learn from that. it's a normie-tier show but he could learn a LOT from the subtle overlay/variations in character rhythms from les miserables

Attached: man of culture.jpg (680x383, 29K)

say it on broadway, unironic 8/10. the music was pretty damn good (stay I pray you and once upon a December, plus stay I pray you were all awesome) and the effect/stagework was really groundbreaking, was really impressed. the whole ghost thing was cool, wish more productions used the theatre as a tool rather than just the stage

fuck me I'm retarded, meant for one of the praises of stay I pray you to be saying that Gleb's songs are great. saw it with Ramin Karimloo, the motherfucker could play a godamn clam and I'd feel for the character. great singer and even greater actor

LMM seemed humble to me

He's a pretty cool dude ,and very nice to me, but remember, ego doesn't mean that the person is an asshole ,I meet kind people but with a pretty high ego.

What was the ghost thing?

I wonder how they pulled that off.

That's the point of the meme, brainlet
The Galaxy brain is always meant to be the dumbest option

When i was in school the canadian pairs Isabella Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler were huge. This nigga be a 6' chad on the ice that launched a 90 lb girl into orbit. The girls at school all creamed themselves over him and he impregnated Kristy Swanson and named his son Magnus. Skating needs more chads like Lloyd and less preening fucking faggots

It’s going to be good right guys.

Attached: 9E0EAA01-A80B-4272-88ED-4DA75248C8DE.jpg (1024x683, 78K)

I haven't seen ghe show, what exactly was the ghost thing?

The Lion King when I was like 12 and Hamilton.

It’s Andrew Lloyd Webber, so of course it’s going to be shite

I saw Hamilton with Joseph Morales during the Hamilton tour (aka: the next best thing to seeing LMM live)