STD: "It never happened."

STD: "It never happened."

B-but I saw them use the shroom dr...

"I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"

Really? This is how they explain the show away as canon?

Attached: derp.webm (1280x534, 2.77M)

What's going on in this webm

Nothing makes sense in STD. Huge backlash over hologram communication and spore drives and they write it away as though it never happened. But at the same time they introduce drone swarms and repair droids that ride outside on the ship's hull.

>oh no the pseudo-borg are chasing us!
>they are traveling with warp speed to get us!
>IF ONLY WE HAD THIS MAGICAL ENGINE THAT COULD TRANSPORT WHEREVER WE WANTED TO IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

FUCK STD
AND FUCK STD WRITERS

Or what about this. This borg dude teleports himself onto discovery where they actually take him out BEFORE they fly into the future. So they could have just stayed where they were. Or if they weren't able to kill that borg dude, they would have brought him with them to the future. IT MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE!

I donĀ“t even fucking care anymore.

Guys I only watched it half asleep, half annoyed, so I might have missed some huge plotpoint but... doesn't the evil AI come into play because of one of Burnham's jumps through time? If that's the case, she would have never had the motivation to jump back in time in the first place since control wouldn't have been corrupted and that final battle would have never taken place.

It would explain why they went into the future and they encountered that borged out probe.

They failed.

>oh no there's a torpedo stuck in our hull!
>we have to disarm it!
>what? bomb squads and technical personnel? FUCK THAT, SEND IN THE ADMIRAL
>oh shit she can't disarm it
>and she has to close the blast door! from the inside! She has to stay in there and die!
>IF ONLY WE HAD TECHNOLOGY TO TRANSPORT PEOPLE OVER VAST DISTANCES THROUGH THIN AIR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: dead_meme.jpg (640x601, 71K)

>Nothing makes sense in STD.
This.

Yeah it makes no sense.

How the fuck would Burnham know where to jump? She knows because she's seen it in the past, but how the fuck would she figure it out originally?

Fucking time paradoxes

PS: No Pike for S3. Its all gonna be SJW Burnham. Also...cute how they named her after an angel...IT'S LIKE THEY KNEW!

Attached: WwC1wcy.gif (250x145, 1.81M)

"Time Crystals"

Who gives a shit about Pike? Flat boring, no soul, no character, he is literally no one.

These writers claim to be fans of the show but they do shit like this?
Have they no shame when telling these lies?
I know they have restraints because of the whole merchandise&franchise bullshit, but still, there is a fine line you can walk, not fucking go PC&SJW left and rape the entire lore.

>in before "have sex" or "incel"

They probably like the show, they're just incompetent and politicized.

They have no real story to tell, it's not just a problem with Star Trek.

>the gay engineer isn't enough
>lets add a dyke engineer

>it's not just a problem with Star Trek
true, i really hope this phase will pass and won't stick.

And i also hope that producers, game devs, company's, etc... realize that there are better ways to improve male&female relations instead of making enemy's out of white males.

Disney realized this with star wars.

KEEP
CALM
AND
DECLARE IT
NON-CANON

Yeah why the FUCK didn't they beam her out? Has anyone addressed this?

>complaining about Star Trek being politicized.

So you hate the whole show then?

Sporedrive hijacked it and was holding it hostage for more space whale steak

the tachyons from the wormhole caused too much infeterence

they went into the mushroom dimension to get the get the red head chick back

They should have send one of those not-R2-D2 to close the door

I'm not complaining that it's politicized. I'm just saying that the writers are, as well as incompetent. That in combination with them having no story to tell, nothing on their heart to communicate, nothing to explore, you get STD.

I'm not like who would declare it non-canon, as I don't really care about Star Trek canon. In my opinion Star Trek always made a lot of weird choices, it's actually the perfect franchise to deconstruct and put back together as something new precisely because of this.

That said, STD is just poor writing.

What it they rerouted plasma through the EPM conduits?

we'd have to reconfigure the deflector

That might work if we allign the coil emitters manually by removing isolinear chips in the eps manifold casing.

this is the only correct answer

>Star Trek always made a lot of weird choices
Yeah thats true, but lets be serious here, Disco or STD, whatever, is a result of a fucked up merchandise debacle, with a flavor of SJW&PC on top.

At some point in the future some men with a lot of money and lawyers will rejoin all the star trek parts under one roof again and this period will be looked upon as the dark ages of star trek.

how long will that take?

But only after emitting a graviton wave into the subspace emitter.

No can do, the polarity of the neutron flow is causing a feedback cascade on decks 2 through 10.

they went halfway into the mushroom dimension

approximately 12 hours

A few days, depending on the stability of the warp core

You have one hour. Keep me posted.

They were able to drop shields and beam aboard Spock though.

No problem. All I have to do is travel back in time to have enough time to do it.

>TIME CRYSTALS

Attached: TimeCrystals.jpg (500x437, 40K)

STD is the only star trek I seen
it was 2/10
is the old shit any better? or is it also a soap opera about homos, mutts and niggers?

Attached: 1358039025915.jpg (391x386, 40K)

Older Trek is nothing like STD.

USS Fidget Spinner couldn't hold our attention

Anomaly of the week, no plot beyond a few episodes max, wooden characters, reused plots, filler episodes, day in the life episodes, bad production value, badly aged special effects, nonsense plots etc.

If you have time go ahead, there's plenty of "lore" in Deep Space 9 - Cardassians, Ferengi, Founders etc, it does get "deep" and those things are very interesting for fans but if you're a casual you have no reason to watch it.

Each old show has it's own strengths and weaknesses. I like them all for different reasons. TNG is what defined Star Trek to me since I grew up with it. DS9 has the best story arc from start to finish. I just love Voyager's interion design. You can't find better camp than TOS.

Generations is really fun, but takes a couple seasons for things to stop feeling awkward.

so which one should I watch? whats considered the best one?

The original 60s Star Trek if you like the aesthetic and want far out space adventures. TNG if you can't handle 60s Trek. DS9 if you want an something with a long term plot. Voyager if you want to see a shitty version of TNG.

Original Series Seasons 1-2 and TNG Seasons 3-6 is generally considered the best.

Attached: Jimmy and Johnny.jpg (800x575, 363K)

Watch TNG, then if you liked that try TOS and DS9. TNG's first two seasons are weak, but still quite watchable and it's probably the best of them later on though it does peter out at the very end. DS9 also has a slow start but gets very good. I haven't watched much TOS but what I have seen is pretty nice, although dated in terms of production.

DS9 after season 1, that's when the plot starts.

Also, all Ferengi episodes, seriously, those are among the best.

hm hard decision, they all got like 170 episodes

Attached: interesting.png (800x769, 126K)

That looks so fucking retarded.

Profit and Lace is a nightmare.

Do 'em all. They're pretty great and are a good timesink. The word "comfy" is a bit meaningless but Trek certainly is. There's this ambient sort of ship noise on TNG that's so fucking relaxing with the relatively slow pace of the episodes.

Translated to STD:
>I don't care what the problem is, call Burnham
>Burnham: Can't you see? It's so simple!
>Thanks Burnham

>watching Star Trek for the plot

Attached: treklaugh.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

Dominion war is a plot, even if it's littered with filler episodes.

I know, I'm saying just because there's an ongoing plot doesn't make it good

why is it spinning around like that?

it looks like cartoon physics

I actually thought it's good - the Dominion is like the opposite-day Federation and they did build it out very well, with loads of details.

So I soldiered forth and watched the last few episodes. In a momentary lapse of attention I completely lost all idea of what was going on. Suddenly the Discovery is joined by the Enterprise, then they transfer the crew over for some reason... then back onto the discovery again. And they are being assaulted by a group of angular ships with four warp necelles, which resemble that ship from Voyager which further confused me (were these ships from the future?) then they start launching swarms of drones and there was random explopsions everywhere and somehow the Enterprise and Discovery are sitting there unharmed whilst 20-odd ships are blasting away... then she has to go to the future... but can't for some reason (had to travel to the past first?) then finally she does go to the future (the moment we are all waiting for) but we don't get to see what the future is... and the possessed Section31 guy, he is possessed by what I can only assume is Borg nanoprobes (because they are green) but from beyond Voyager's timeline because they seem much more advanced? SO were those squid ships Borg or something else?? And everyone is always standing around in these ridiculous emotional scenes laden with lense flares but I feel nothing at all during the scene. It's empty drama with no meaning. I don't know what to think this show is a disaster.

>And everyone is always standing around in these ridiculous emotional scenes laden with lense flares
God I hated that part. They each got their individual drama shot when they were going into that wormhole thing and it looked ridiculous.

The dyke engineer is the only character I like other than Saru desu, they both deserve better writers and a better show.

Yeah seriously there are these moments where you're just watching someone sit at a computer doing some work and it just feels so right.