This was bullshit and you know it

This was bullshit and you know it

Attached: tony soprano.jpg (968x681, 33K)

You're a retard if you expected for The Sopranos to have a conventional satisfying ending. The whole show was built around anti-climaxes.

Attached: sopranos intro.jpg (608x459, 38K)

I personally didn't like the ending but overall the series was still pretty based

there are so many retards saying that he died when there's no real proof to that theory at all.

STOP SAYING HE DIED WHEN THAT'S CLEARLY NOT WHAT HAPPENED YOU FUCKS

>tony shoulda been gunned down in front of his family
people were a mistake

Attached: 1548435361877.gif (244x330, 448K)

>then you know when you're workin' a guy you don't bleed him dry right away

He died

I know what you mean but most episodes are pretty good and then you end with this shit

>when someone tells you how pissed they are Melfi didn't tell Tony she was raped

Attached: 1464217678766.jpg (403x392, 128K)

his family deserved to die aswell

deserves got nothing to do with it. Life ain't a movie.

how else are you gonna end the series? Tony drives off into the sunset and lives happily ever after?

Where did I write that? Should have just ended it like that time they were eating together at Artie's restaurant.

A nice dinner with his wife and kids before the FBI fucks him in the ass

i changed my mind, i´d like you to die instead

Did anyone understand it right away? I was confused because I'm a brainlet but when I got it I appreciated it.

Attached: 1554720091812.gif (607x609, 754K)

it's a lose lose situation for the writers, really, what kind of ending would people be happy with? also think of the pressure they would face coming up with a finale, i wouldnt be surprised if chase did think 'fuck it' after hours of stressing

chase planned it from the beginning of the final season. he said as much. plus all the foreshadowing with the bells and the "you never hear it coming" scenes all set it up. it's a good ending. the only people who criticize it are literal brainlets who want everything spelled out for them like a child's fairytale

Oh! If it ain’t Tennessee Moltisanti ova heeee!

Ok Snoop

The ending was great, fits the tone of the show and was executed in an original way. Any other ending would have been lacking.

It won't be cinematic

Haha yeah the writer totally didn’t recently refer to the scene as a death scene lmao

sorry brainlet, try again

Name a big pleb filter than these specific Sopranos moments
>Sopranos ending
>Employee of the Month ending
>Janice as a character

The Sopranos have not one, not two, but three massive cases of pleb filter. For me, that’s brilliant

t. brainlet

the scene was meant to indicate the end of Tony Soprano in a much broader sense -- everyone in his crew was dead, he was being indicted, and then as the finale we're left with the possibility he might have been shot -- THAT was the intended ending, but of course everyone is too stupid to take something at literal face value and interpret what has been laid out in front of them word by word

we're left with this -- Tony gets indicted and goes away for good, or maybe Tony gets shot and dies, bottom line is it's over for Tony and his family; their crime didn't pay , everyone is dead or going to jail and it was all for nothing

I don't think David Chase ever expected his viewers to be too stupid to understand it, but here we are

that sounds so fucking boring

i'm so glad you're not a screenwriter

>it was all for nothing
This is ALSO incorrect. The ending also showcased the only important people ever in Tony’s life. Everyone at the table plus Meadow who was coming in. It was worth it to support his family and now everything is crumbling down on him.

I liked every single episode but the ending just fucked me up

Like I wrote here Should have ended like the end of the first season but this time we know tony is fucked because of the rat and might go to jail.

Why do you need everything spelled out for you?

This is the perfect way to execute an open ending, it's why shows like Breaking Bad are boring to me since they answer every little question the viewers have.

>The ending also showcased the only important people ever in Tony’s life. Everyone at the table plus Meadow who was coming in. It was worth it to support his family and now everything is crumbling down on him.
This, his crew (despite his vows) and his friends like Artie were never his true calling. If anything I feel like the finale redeems Tony a little bit after all the bad shit he did in season 6 by showing he always truly loved and cared for them even if he never showed it in full.

That shit was so dumb. Definition of forced drama. Yeah, it would have been fucking retarded if she broke down in tears, confessed her undying love for Tony, they bang, then Tony goes and clips the rapist personally. But having a major character get brutally and violently raped and then just dropping it and pretending like it never happened was equally dumb.

I actually saw the ending before i saw the series and i didn't feel like i ruined it for myself. Even after i finished it took me a few days to realize what it meant, i really like it as a finale.

As my dad always told me, The Sopranos is really just about a dad and his family

no, Tony hated his family and they were all massive disappointments to them, everyone was miserable and resigned in the final scene, it was an overarching theme of the last seasons that everyone close to Tony let him down -- Carmella left him and wanted a divorce but conceded when all the lawyers were tainted and they just silently agreed to continue their sham marriage, AJ is very obvious and Tony literally says it verbatim, Meadow's career choices and boyfriends disappoint him greatly, and then there's Chrissy, Tony B., Janice etc

no one in the mob provides for their family post mortem, that's literally a plot point also, did you even watcht he show? Carmella spend an entire season trying to set up her real estate business for when Tony is gone because Ginny Sack, Pussy's wife, Jackie Aprile's wife and all the other mobster wives are now broke

just watch the actual show and take the dialogue at heart stop being a book club interpreting pretentious brainlet

You didn’t get it. See The point was Melfi was showcasing that she had self control and was therefore IN control of the situation. The comforting thought of “I COULD do this to get revenge” was enough for her to have control over being a victim.

Good news, he will in about 60-80 years, user.

That's nice that you finally grasped themes covered seasons ago, but we're discussing what actually happed in the last scene, Tony's pov death.

t. Has a horrible family life and doesn’t realize families act shitty to one another but can still love each other on a deep personal level.

I feel sorry for you if you took such a pessimistic approach, because you are also factually wrong and ironically a brainlet yourself.

That would have felt lacking and without closure, the show ending with Tony seems appropriate, and it was done in an original way. If he was just gunned down in plain view would have been shitty though.

>Meadow's career choices disappoint him greatly
Did you skip through the last episode? I don’t think you actually watched it

In the end he didn't manage to keep his children out of the mob life. AJ working for little Carmine and Maedow marrying into the Parisi family and being a mob lawyer.

Only brainlets think that. It was set up perfectly, the bell rang every time someone came into the diner, and we got a shot from Tony's POV looking at the door for 3-5 seconds. Then Meadow enters, the bell rings, Tony looks up and gets shot. The following POV shot is all black, credits roll after 5 seconds.

It’s literally the single best ending to a television series ever

What’s the worst?

lost

Best drama ending
>Sopranos
>Mad Men

Worst drama endings
>Breaking Bad
>Lost

Best comedy endings
>Malcolm in the Middle
>Eastbound and Down

Worst comedy endings
>Seinfeld
>HIMYM

Didn't one of the fed agents tell tony he could get him out of a pinch on account tony gave them info on terrorism activities?

hey i caught that reference too friend

He did already, he got him info on Phil

He got shot in the head, he dead
get over it user

>David Chase is asked about the final scene
>Accidentally refers to the scene as "the death scene", and talks about how they were originally intending for Tony to drive into Manhattan and have it go black there, which would imply he never made it back from New York
>When interviewer says "death scene?", he says "Oh shit"
>Retards still go "STOP SAYING HE DIED"

Attached: 1390604340563.jpg (336x497, 30K)

>Breaking Bad
I thought the creators were building up for Walt Jr to spiral into meth addiction in the end. All the depressive fucking elements about the character made it perfect, and it'd finish Walts arc perfectly. He started out by trying to help his family, but in the end his drugs was directly destroying his own sons life.

What a fucking waste that final season was.

>When interviewer says "death scene?", he says "Oh shit"
David Based

Attached: David-Chase-image-1[1].jpg (4617x5809, 1.7M)

this
also people who think AJ was a shitty characters (because they subconsciously identify with him tbqfh) and dream sequences

retard
go back to fucking the wire or breaking bad
you fucking nigger

>It matters if he died or not
Truly a sad ignorant life you must lead

that sounds retarded and would be way too on the nose, I do agree the final season was shit aside from Saul

>"STOP SAYING HE DIED"
>But the creator literally said it
>"WHY DOES IT MATTER?"

Neck yourself, my man.

this
it's literally spelled out in the show, for fuck's sake, the dream and the shrink session should be enough for people to realize that
she is completely in control and she is well aware of it
of course it might seem shitty for the viewer to feel like the rapist should be punished for what he did, but there's enough reason for the viewer to realize that melfi decides not to do that
on top of that, she did seek help from the police and they fucked it up, she just wouldn't drop down to tony's level of "getting things done"

It's ok that you didn't get the ending and only learned what happened from reading about it, there's no need to overcompensate by writing huge paragraphs abou themes covered seasons ago.

breaking bad fell off immediately after gus died

20 years in a can, taking it up the ass.

Attached: frank_vincent_3.jpg (2000x1000, 372K)

I-a hate-a tha nort

explain how the black screen means anything other than he died

There is no need for any explanations or interpretations when the creator of the show has gone on record and accidentally revealed that the final scene was a death scene.

Attached: vlcsnap-error992.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error526.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

He was shocked. He probably thought all the headlines the next day were going to be “Who whacked Tony Soprano?” Instead he got “WTF happened last night?”

Attached: vlcsnap-error938.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error367.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error054.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Why was Van Zandt so fucking goofy? Did they tell him Sopranos was a comedy?

I thought Seinfeld pulled it off brilliantly by reminding us how terrible the protagonists really are. It's main faults were its reliance on clips. It brought back the standup, the reason for the show in the first place (how comedians get their stand up material).
Also, Larry David wrote it, and he had a hand in most of the well known Seinfeld eps.

>the scene was meant to indicate the end of Tony Soprano in a much broader sense
Not true at all, the song playing at the end of the series is Don't Stop Believing for crying out loud

It's ambiguous ending, it was intentionally left open-ended because they were considering a movie sequel at some point in the future (which was canned when Gandolfini died)

Attached: vlcsnap-error648.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

>the creator of the show has gone on record and accidentally revealed that the final scene was a death scene.
can you prove this, though?

earlier than that, it become much worse when the Tuco storyline ending

>how terrible the protagonists really are
t. buzzfeeder
The only thing any of them ever did that was "wrong" was George not caring how his fiance's death

If you don't think ths protags are shitty people, you didn't pay enough attention.

No I just have different morals. Name something else they did wrong

No, I fucking got it. It was still fucking dumb. Melfi is such a non-character already at that point that it's just pointless.

It would take you 10 seconds to google and you can watch the interview yourself, you brainless fucking ant.

>Melfi is such a non-character already at that point that it's just pointless.
Just because she isn't a fuugyuhtalginbout wise guy?

Yea Forums, who is your favourite character and why?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

The burden of proof lies on you. Also, I'm positive you've completely taken it out of context, even if it is theoretically true, and just ran with it.

The main point of the entire thing is that the ending is not supposed to be a death scene, it is whatever you decide for it to be. NOT a death scene.

IT WAS A FUCKING HORSE

You take that back. Meadow needs to be preserved for breeding purposes.

Attached: 1542795504835.webm (1280x720, 2.35M)

Pick THREE to protect you, the rest try to kill you

Attached: Sopranos game.png (1092x1074, 2.47M)

Artie

I'm only about half way through season 2, but my favorite character so far is Chris. Although I'm 99% certain he's gonna die before the show ends

Attached: vlcsnap-error413.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

> I'm 99% certain he's gonna die before the show ends
What makes you think that?

paulie furio ralphie ez

Attached: vlcsnap-error531.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Tony, Furio, Johnny Sack

SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL INNOCENT CREATURE

Attached: 6FBF662C-F0FD-4A78-BF57-B2ACEE9BA797.jpg (1120x629, 68K)

Furio, Tony B and Mikey

Vito must have had cum on the brains how could he be so fucking dumb

>whore
>innocent

Just a hunch. I mean I doubt anyone will really get a happy ending, but he just comes off as a character that gets a lot of development and is then killed off for dramatic effect since the audience is attached to him because he's been in the show since the beginning.

It was perfect, not bullshit.

What else was he supposed to say? "Yeah guys I'm a fag and admit to what will cause my career to be over forever"

Furio to kill everybody, Paulie to banter with while Furio does his thing and Pussy to melt him down into raw fat and seal the door Paulie and me are behind

No I mean he should have not gone to a gay club dressed up in leather like a fucking idiot.

>the foreshadowing

Attached: vlcsnap-error299.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error136.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Attached: sm1.jpg (1280x2872, 601K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error829.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error745.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

i like how they have a whole investigation to determine if he is a fag

Attached: vlcsnap-error705.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

Tony, Furio and Ralph

Attached: vlcsnap-error796.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

>Well who else, huh? Who else commits 50% of crimes despite making up only 13% of the population?
Yikes, I know Chase wanted to make a point, but I think he went a bit too far with that one.

>you sound like a racehorse pissing in there
Jesus Vito
He deserved it anyway, killing that dude. Fuck it Chris deserved his shit too, for killing that waiter. Man everyone in this show but Tony is a complete piece of shit.

Richie, Furio and Paulie

pusy

Attached: 1554853150218.webm (600x720, 2.97M)

Attached: 1554861990538.webm (500x720, 2.87M)

Breaking Bad also jumps the shark over and over again. By the end of the series it may as well be a comic book with how silly it becomes.

Attached: vlcsnap-error308.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

25 bucks says that pussy is brown

Yeah, Hank 'coincidentally' discovering Walter White was the drug lord he was after the entire time was pretty far fetched.

Only right answer.

Tony and Ralph are able to outsmart everyone else in that picture. While Furio is the most ruthless.

Furio, Paulie, Junior. Rest of them are dead, so I'm safe.

Attached: vlcsnap-error130.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

i thought it would have been cool if it cut to black after he walked away from the talk with junior

>tony gets bullied by an old lady

Attached: vlcsnap-error983.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

I have never jerked off to Meadow out of respect for the boss

The Test Dream is in the top three best Soprano's episodes and is pleb filter
>she likes it when you rub her muzzle!

in light of recent humiliations its an honor to be joined by men

Attached: vlcsnap-error103.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

He should have started getting suspicious when Walt clearly caused that car accident on purpose

> it was intentionally left open-ended because they were considering a movie sequel at some point in the future
I’ve been saying it for years

It seemed obvious to me that the ending was supposed to be abrupt because it "doesn't matter".

We came into Tony's life abruptly and we end just as abruptly. People get bent out of shape because they want a ending with complete "closure" and for everything to be wrapped up in a satisfying way. The ending plays against that, and by doing so makes a statement about endings. I thought it was genius.

People have spent the last decade trying to decode if Tony was wacked or not, but it's left ambitious for a reason. Tony doesn't know what's going to happen next and neither does the audience. It's the second message of the ending, that Tony is going to have to live with the possibility of an early death going forward, and that he won't see it coming.

Attached: tony s.gif (288x200, 35K)

yet we're still talking about it

Attached: 32854b2b8a2201c899a72603e69c453f.jpg (500x333, 18K)

Furio, Mikey, and Silvio to protect me. All the rest is shit.

>it's a Tony kills a made guy over a horse episode
Phil was right. Tony had no respect for this Thing.

god damn meadow is so hot in this

>tfw such a brainlet shit loads of the symbolism goes over my head
anyone else ?

Attached: nintchdbpict000361421903.jpg (639x960, 77K)

lynch said in an interview that his works don't necessarily need to make sense as he incorporates lots of dream sequences for aesthetics and atmosphere only.

nevermind, wrong thread

>everyone but tony
come on, you don't even need a rewatch to know that Tony definitely fucking deserved it

furio, paulie, sil. easy. everyone else is either unreliable or too unpredictable. tone as a substitute

No. It was the fact that when she saw it she KNEW she couldn't do anything about it and that no one would believe her anyway, especially after the police fucked up with the rapist being accidentally released and stuff. That's why she didn't pursue it. Not because she was in control. She wanted revenge from the get go

Attached: vlcsnap-error422.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

Yikes dude. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an interpretation of anything more off base than this. She literally spells it out word for word to her therapist.

You're both wrong. Admitting something that personal is very unprofessional for a therapist and can heavily interfere with the process, especially since Tony would definitely seek compensation for acting out her revenge. Melfi just tried to remain professional.

- Christopher (all his moronism aside he's always had extraordinary aim)
- Ralphie (better to have the unpredictable psycho fuck on your side)
- Junior (only man in the series other than Members Only Jacket to get close to killing Tony, also hilarious senile banter)

>anons praise Sopranos for being nihilist crude shit
>anons condemn Rick and Morty for being nihilist crude shit

Attached: 453289457.png (545x677, 821K)

They aren't remotely the same

Who are the bottom 2 of the far-right column? Did they survive?

He died, you are an idiot if you think otherwise.

How can there be people that still don't get the ending of this show? Its not a fucking puzzle, even David Chase said its all there. Thematically its not as simple as him just dying per se, but in terms of what actually happens he dies.

>You probably don't even hear it when it happens right?

I mean did you guys even watch the episode before the last one? Or notice any of the other dozen clues there were?

>that sounds retarded and would be way too on the nose
perfect for the show then