Black Summer

Alright, so. Who else has seen it? I thought it had potential to be a different type of zombie series than we were used to seeing. It came out the games strong, but the more I saw of it, the more I noticed the jarring editing and style (all of the episode's have different runtimes, with a 45 min premiere and a 20 min finale for example). Sometimes the show would pass as very well-written and solid production values, but then suddenly a character would say a ham-fisted line that would heavily break immersion. The weirdest part for me is the editing though. It is just bizarre. They do this weird thing where it flashes a word or two on a bare black screen indicating a cinematic chapter of the story (in the beginning it's character's names and I figured that was how the show was going to be presented since there were several characters witnessing multiple different viewpoints of the same timeline of the zombie invasion) and it seems to get less tightly focused by the end. It has some redeeming qualities, but if you are on the fence about how you'd want to commit 4-5 hours of your life, then there are better options out there. But there are worse ones too.

>6/10

Attached: BlackSummer.jpg (650x325, 37K)

Fuck Netflix

>jaime king is in a movie/show with a black guy

news at 11.

Attached: 1550001577213.jpg (750x867, 540K)

I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to where they take things next season.

I saw this pile of shit while playing video games because there’s no way I can give a show like this my full attention.

There are parts that are ok, I guess, but for the most part I treated this more as a comedy because the people were so fucking retarded and two dimensional it actually hurt my soul a little.

>First episode
>First few minutes
>white woman saved from her husband by black man
D R O P P E D

Does that tattoo on her thumb say “I am sore”?
Maybe she should have sex with a considerate skilful white man instead of a dick-focused shitskin EBT ape.

>episode 7
>7+ people unload full clips into a zombie and it doesn’t even die
>episode 8
>near the end when Spears is running into the stadium he starts 1 shotting zombies in the chest

Possible spoilers mainly pertaining to the timeline ahead. I'm going to try and keep it vague.

The series was moving forward with some momentum into the diner scene, which was tense. But then group B stumbled upon the diner group for the first time, that's when the editor in charge of the movie takes a hit of angel dust. Watch it again to see exactly what I mean. There's a confusing scene where Spears is watching a zombie run around the diner for like a minute plus and then he sees them chuck a certain someone to the wrath of the zombies. Spears runs up to them and shoots both zombies almost immediately. The sloppy way it's presented makes it look like Spears might be interpreting what he sees as a barbaric atrocity, or possibly trying him trying to save someone. And then as the rest of the survivors run out and start whaling on the zombies, the shot keeps running and pans away from the group beat down, focusing then solely on a shellshocked Jaimie King for a good 20 seconds as it cuts to the credits. So you don't see the new consolidated group of survivors interacting at all for the first time beyond 10 seconds of killing 2 zombies out of survival instincts... and then all of the sudden the next episode starts and they are immediately executing a coordinated raid on some drug den for guns? I was sure I had missed an episode. The finale was a mess. Meh.

i bet he was a republican

I just wanted to see a good show, this was not it.. the survivors are a bunch of tards and the lone white guy or jew guy ( who could be tj millers idiot dick brother ) spends his time running and crying.

any sex scenes?

No one cares leftypol

That didnt happen

I mean, yeah that does happen.

yes, an excon thug saves the female blonde mc and they shoot an episode of BLACKEDraw

Wow suprise suprise seething political view discussion, who the fuck cares you cunts.

On the show, 8/10, binged it in two days.

It started off strong and stayed surprisingly consistent up until they got to that rave. The part where everyone got to the diner just as the 'distraction' happened was fucking kino.

7/10 got kinda over the top too quickly around the end. I'd give it an 8 but im deducting a point because of how fucking stupid pic related was

Attached: lance.jpg (1300x650, 89K)

To be fair, the camera tricks they did to make it more tense did work. The long focus on the faces, not showing where the characters are looking at or what's happening around them really did increase the tension. It's done to cut on the costs but that was pretty clever. And the total chaos in the last episode was hilarious, even though it made no sense. Sometimes multiple zombies came out a way (like from the stadium) and then when they got there nobody was there, implying those zombies just spawned there. I like zombie movies/shows and judging this compared to The walking dead and Z nation it was obviously superior, but still not great imo.

But Lance is fucking hilarious.

>I thought it had potential to be a different type of zombie series
Well that was your first mistake. “Zombies” aren’t a genre, they’re just a stock plot for uncreative hacks.

I stopped watching when there is a zombie on the car and they pretend they are driving fast and braking heavily was to obvious they was doing about 20

>They was doing a 20
What?

To be fair, that mexican dude tried that like 3 times and then finally sped up.

20 mph and was badly edited to make them look like they was driving faster