Why all the theatrics? He had all the money to purchase Hilda outright

Why all the theatrics? He had all the money to purchase Hilda outright.

Attached: drschultz.jpg (620x400, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/quentin-tarantino-django-unchained_n_2340987.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He thought his interest in a random house slave would appear suspicious. How would he, or anybody know of this woman and elect to purchase her?

Tarantino loves his overwritten dialog scenes, that's why

>What you come out heah fo this partickler slave fo?
>Ah do declayah, ah'll not be sellin no nigresses today or any other day, now take you-ah bag and-uh leave mah proppity, suh.

Attached: 1323997474127.jpg (1491x1200, 517K)

why didn't he just shaked Leo's hand?

He literally explains it in the film:
>I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

What said, but also because he got lost in Django being his Siegfried.

So... he's autistic?

It literally explains this in the fucking film. Candy couldnt be bothered to sell some normal house slave. The money wouldnt be enough to intrest him. Also it shows time and time again Schultz likes to prove he is smarter than everyone else.

No, just German.

Tarantino responded to this question in depth once.
I'm sort of split down the middle as to whether or not it's a reasonable thing for a viewer to be confused about or whether anyone who asks your question should have watched the movie more closely.
Short answer: because he thought that Candie would ask him to pay hundreds of dollars, and in his plan he would have only had to pay 18 dollars or so. Also because he loves theatrics.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/quentin-tarantino-django-unchained_n_2340987.html

This user gets it.

Attached: 1505172060152.gif (500x420, 360K)

It's not exactly intuitive because audiences can't exactly relate to the desires of a man like Candie

What? Schultz is thinking that Candie will think "I bet this guy is willing to pay more than eighteen dollars, so I should try to charge him more than eighteen dollars"
Even kids on the playground can understand selling something for the highest price the buyer is willing to pay for it.

Yeah but retarded normalfags don't won't put together why he'd be motivated to do that with Broomhilda.
Most people don't really understand the reality of slavery and the slave trade.

>tarantino likes dialogue too much
more like he loves tense conversations in the grim presence of lethal violence
>love of theatrics
maybe Schultz was a psychopath who'd been dominating every exchange with his fellow humans since he was a toddler, watch the film with this in mind and it really makes sense. He'd rather die than ever lose the upper hand. Candie, being another of the same type, understood this and forced the situation to a head, as he did at every turn.

Literally the answer right here /thread

It's a question of honor and dignity. And Candie was pushing it. You'd do the same, if you knew you had an ace card to rid of all your (and the world's problems) in your sleeve.

power fantasy, the movie

why the theatrics with the sheriff? why the theatrics with Don Johnson? the movie shows you he has a thing for theatrics then at the end you question it. als the movie explains that Candie is super rich and would not care at all about their money, they got close to him through his love of mandingo fighting and a fake deal that involved a sum of money Schultz could never afford to distract Candie and make him want to please his guests therefore be willing to sell Brunhilda.

He's fucking German. Why not approach Candie saying how he'd heard he has a slave that speaks German. That's a legitimate reason for interest. Offer to pay a decent sum for her.
Done.

approach him how?

Just go to his estate and tell him he wants the black girl who speaks German.

go to George Soroses estate and tell him you wanna buy something from him and see how that goes

In the same manner he approached him to purchase the Mandingo but don't even bother with the charade. Just say he's curious about mandigo fighting or there to bet and then bring up how he's heard Candie has a slave that speaks German and he's been so determined to find one. Might have to pay over but so what?

Monsieur Candie was not Soros tier, stop talking odd shit. Why wouldn't he sell a black slave to a white man?

Tarantino's movies are really fucking good

Yes, OP, they could have bought the slave for 1000. Or 500. Or whatever.
But then there's no movie, which you know.

because then we couldn’t have had le epic shootout where everyone dies scene

Unironically kek'd

That wouldn't be nearly the same thing. It'd literally take 10 minutes to invent a perfectly acceptable cover story as to why a German guy wants to buy a black slave girl who speaks German.

One. Candie trades in Mandingo's not comfort girls.
Two. Why pay 12000$ for something that costs 300$
Three. What if Candie says no?
Four. Isn' that the misconception Shultz makes about Candie, and part of the tragedy?

I hardly recognize this nazi from Inglorious Basterds with the beard

Why didn't the eagles just take the slave?

what if he said no?
it's like someone requesting an audience with you so he could purchase a banana from your fridge
candie would just tell him to fuck off

Why would he say no? It's a cultured white man who wants to buy it.

because a house slave is dirty cheap and just a waste of candie's time

>kills people for money
>it’s a question of honor and dignity

BRAVO QUENTIN

to be fair he hunted bounties for the government so it's safe to assume all those guys were criminals

"a hole big enough to drive a plot through"

even reddit has a better understanding of movies than some degenerates in this board.

Attached: Bild 2.png (810x786, 81K)

white men bad

>pose as rich lunatic
>"THAT one! I want that one!"

this but unironically

Alright, but then why didn't Jamie Foxx tell him the plan is stupid and they need to skip the theatrics?

Because otherwise the movie would only be 10 minutes long.

How did he know this? They're going to ask questions.

>Hey, I have this slave who says he knew a German speaking slave. Upon some research I found out that she is currently in your ownership. I'd like to buy her. Is this fuckload of cash enough?
the end

All he had to do is say he wanted a black girl to fuck. Hilda was cute.

that's an interesting insight. are there a lot of posts like that about movies on reddit? I think I'm ready to switch over and abandon this dumpster for good.

>does make me feel better
>comforts me
Bugman, you don't need to be assuaged about the events of the movie- it's not real.
Also, you clearly screenshot and reposted your own boring wall of text. Don't be such a fag in the future.

I think the implication is that Mandingos would fetch a price high enough to catch his interest and warrant the time to make a sale, the German speaking black girl on her own was likely a pittance by comparison and presumably they figured that he'd likely just ignore the request for not being worth his while.
And despite having decent money he probably didn't have prize Mandingo money hence the need for the subterfuge.

>Upon some research I found out that she is currently in your ownership.
If some rando came up to me and told me they knew my shelter cat's history and how she played fetch with rubber bands, then offered a hundred bucks for her I'd be spooked as shit.
That's weird.

Did you not pay attention?

It's now weird at all. There are registries for that kind of shit. Isn't that how he actually found her?