Luke...

>Luke, did I ever tell you that 19 years ago me and your father were doing crazy backflips over lava jumping from platform to platform, but now that we're older we have to take it slow? Time is not a good friend.

>Also, did I ever tell you about said time where I chopped your father's limbs off by the river of lava and left him to burn? He was a good friend, who's acting pretty calm and collected right now, when he should be uber-pissed at me given what I did to him.

Attached: obi.png (451x470, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hGy9uvUKms
youtu.be/tOBMJJSe66g
youtu.be/LmOPXhFensg
youtu.be/Xy_Po12VyZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>who's acting pretty calm and collected right now, when he should be uber-pissed at me given what I did to him.
The last time he acted with his emotions he killed his wife and got his limbs chopped off.

That obiwan-Vader fight has not aged well at all

This is why you introduce kids to the franchise by watching episode 4 first.

Not due to the fight scene, which was fine. I always just imagined Vader was toying with him just to enjoy the kill and didn't now about him disappearing, a trick he learned from QGJ from beyond the grave I assume that was not taught to Anakin. The problem with this scene is that Obiwan doesn't seem even a tiny amount guilty for what he did. In fact, he seems cool and collected. The Obiwan from the PT would have at least shown some tiny amount of remorse. He literally dismembered and left this motherfucker to FRY to death. The characters don't align. The PT doesn't even make any sense if you think about it. Why did they even go to those other planets and wait decades? What was their plan? None of it even makes any sense. Which is why Lucas is a hack for making the prequels especially as he did. The PT was worse than a fan fiction.

youtube.com/watch?v=7hGy9uvUKms

The original trilogy lightsaber fights weren't that good. Obiwan and vader just hold their hands out in front of them waving their sticks around. Then vader's first fight vs luke is just throwing shit at him. And the second fight is vader blatantly jobbing.

Don't blame Lucas for the prequels. Blame him for episode 4

This. Lucas had a vision but it was nowhere near completely fleshed out yet so the first movie was essentially a pilot episode, meaning there were a lot of things that later in retrospect look weird and don’t make much sense because Lucas hadnt finished it fully yet

Actually it's a technically sound fencing-based duel unlike the sequels which were full of superfluous flashy twirls and flips which leave giant gaping holes in their defence

I love the prequels but the fights in them are choreographed for visual impact, OT duels are a lot more plausible

Attached: 7.jpg (344x174, 9K)

the penalty is death, user. you are beyond saving

compliments to the editors, it's not like you can do much with a sword fight where one guy is an old man and the other is a 8ft tall guy in a clumsy fiber plastic outfit, and the swords couldn't be hit as hard as in an actual sword fight because they were fragile, all while they're shot on flat shot-reverse-shot, single take.

It still delivers the emotional point of the scene, Adywan improved the fight, made it faster paced, added le epic duel music but it doesn't quite feel right because it's so bloated and out of nowhere.

It was literally shot on a shoestring budget on record time with 0 confidence from the Fox suits and with a script that was too fucking long even when isolating act 1, and that the actors had a real hard time acting it out, all while the shitty sets and costumes fell apart whilst they rolled cameras.

And let us not forget ILM, the bozos who blew half the budget on expensive motion controlled camera equipment and the other half on crappy dogfight shots Lucas had no choice but to use.

I find it unfair how people treat the subject of Star Wars being ''saved in editing'' as if George Lucas was to blame for being autistic and making a shitty film the editors ''fixed'', when he was the one that brought them in the first place because they were his friends (and wife) that knew what he wanted for the project instead of the stiff-assed brit that made the first cut.

Agreed

Attached: [party hard].gif (500x333, 1.22M)

>technically sound fencing has swords slowly swinging like they have gyroscopes attached to the pommel while the combatants display no footwork
neither of them could even have hit the other one because there was no lunging

>And let us not forget ILM, the bozos who blew half the budget on expensive motion controlled camera equipment and the other half on crappy dogfight shots Lucas had no choice but to use.
Yes, let's not forget to thank them for making Star Wars a movie worth watching

not even a shoestring budget but a negative budget, Lucas ran out of money and some of the people working on the movies left, alec guiness ended up donating some of his own money even though he disliked the movie.

Its all shit user, The cartoons are the worse.

I love the original special effects in the original Star Wars but you have to admit that compared to Empire and Jedi they're very slow and stiff, I see why Lucas changed them all to cgi, but you know

It's still shit. Evangelion's recycled animation has a reason to exist, but it's still recycled animation.

Someone is remastering it.

youtu.be/tOBMJJSe66g thats a recut

youtu.be/LmOPXhFensg teaser for the full thing, thats not out yet

This. Original Trilogy always goes first. ROTJ Luke/Vader fight ends up being Kino to first-time viewers, then they usually - if younger, like siblings or children - lose their fucking shit when you give them the prequels.

Idiot. It would have been better if Vader got disfigured in another way

The ot fights looked more like actual sword fights and they all had a meaning. PT is overcoreographed ballets with non sensical jumping and spinning.

>one got old
>one is literally a amputee in a space suit

>The ot fights looked more like actual sword fights
HAHAHAHHAHAA

They didn't

>Luke, did I ever tell you me and Lando once outran a lovecraftian octopus monster the size of a fucking planet?

Attached: Summa-Verminoth.jpg (1560x878, 365K)

That's actually not half bad. I feel like there's a few times where Obi-wan feels a bit more "aggressive" when he defends, and almost a bit too spry. But other than that, it's pretty accurate to how well they'd move at their ages.

That upswing when Vader catches the ceiling is particularly jarring, cause of their age.

THEMAW WAS A MONSTA

Attached: 2019-04-16 19_32_31.jpg (1014x519, 190K)

I just... Don't fucking get new Star Wars. Shit like this is just cliche. I liked it more when the Maw was just an anomaly that the Empire built special stations near, because people were too fucking scared to go near it.

>muh rlm
They didn't look like actual sword fights because in actual sword fights people are trying to hit each other.

You don't want your villain to move like an amputee in a space suit. Kind of like you don't want your villain to get his ass kicked by an untrained girl without any of his magic powers the first time she uses a sword.

Watching the duels again I think vader's costume was the real problem. He's completely passive and at most can slowly move forward hitting at the other lightsaber. The 80 year old actual outperformed him.

looks like shit, fa m

>They didn't look like actual sword fights because in actual sword fights people are trying to hit each other.

People in actual sword fights don't have clairvoyance and weightless blades that can instatly cut through everything either

>PT is overcoreographed ballets with non sensical jumping and spinning
Nothing wrong with that youtu.be/Xy_Po12VyZw

>size of a fucking planet
A mountain at best going by that picture.

>the throne room scene isn’t the best fight out of all of the movies

>they weren't trying to hit each other because they have clairvoyance and weightless blades with gyroscopes on the end
i guess that explains why they only hit each other when the other guy gets bored and jobs.

it would be a lot better if it didn't end with vader slowly taking a knee through his arthritis and holding up his lightsaber so luke could beat it out of his hand

no they're not really slow and stiff. The Death Star trench run is still one of the greatest sci fi action sequences ever.

This argument again...

Fuck off.

Attached: ba27c7c13db9e4d055bc444b965f9ee0.gif (245x300, 1.79M)

if you disagree with this opinion you will be first in line on the day of the rope

They look like shit, look up an actual sword fight.

>Careful threepio, lando isn't just a smoothy to the womenfolk.

Attached: don-glover.jpg (700x350, 122K)

Looks like something from Monsters Inc.

This is correct
There's more tension in the ESB duel than in every fight in the PT put together

Attached: Jango.png (688x449, 111K)

>OT duels are a lot more plausible
I'd just like to point out that lightsabers have power buttons. How the fuck do you fence using a blade that can be turned on and off at will? How do you block a blade that can be turned off at will?

Prequel fights are unironically more coherent than OT ones because people are doing things which could kill the other guy if not countered in between all the acrobatics. Parrots are just looking at the fights from a superficial level where the motion of the swords looks vaguely realistic so the fight must be good.

>, who's acting pretty calm and collected right now, when he should be uber-pissed at me given what I did to him.

Attached: 1515030995410.webm (866x458, 2.68M)

Yes, we get it you're still butthurt about TLJ.

Doesn't mean you have to pretend to like the prequels, sweetie.

Do the people complaining about backflips forget how Luke does it like 3 times in the original trilogy?