It really didn't occur to anyone that using sound as a weapon against monsters that can only hunt by sound?

It really didn't occur to anyone that using sound as a weapon against monsters that can only hunt by sound?
We've had weaponized speakers for crowd control for years.
I just find it hard to believe no one thought of that.

Attached: 1555525162584.png (1300x650, 573K)

Birdbox fucking sucked

Correct. It's fucking retarded.

What a generic design

The 2010 monster design

keep in mind the protags were isolated
a lot of people probably thought of the same thing.
But given it was an extremely slow invasion I'd say youre right

HAVE NO CHOICE BUT BE ISOLATED

Is this from the Chronicles of Riddick prequel?

Which sense-deprivation horror is this?

Fire hoses

Not only that, but you can literally live near ANY noisy shore and be totally fine.
Hell, explosives would do same or more db damage than a fucking battery powered ear booster
And military also happen to have explosives!

Mars Attack

The plot of a disabled female rising above the ignorance of the male dominated world around her would not work if you think about it logically for a minute. Stop thinking.

Attached: 1538619061497.jpg (590x318, 32K)

>using sound as a weapon
Hell they didn't use WEAPONS as weapons, because ObamaFlix can't show any use of guns in any kind of positive or problem solving light.
The reality is 300 million gun owning Americans would decimate the shit out of those things. We made the passenger pigeon extinct, we can sure as fuck wipe out some blind bats that are easy as shit to bait.

Or hell, even better is they actually DID use sound as a weapon, luring the things into a wood chipper. But then they were so retarded they turned it off and forgot about it. Instead of saying 'hey holy shit leave this fucker running forever'.

I think the idea is that most of the world got overrun within literal hours.

Just have the army order everyone to stay indoors and quiet, and drive around in armored vehicles with loudspeakers and lots of guns.

Also try every type of sound and every frequency. they would have decimated the creatures in weeks..

looks like a destiny enemy race

Is that suppose to be scary?

What the fuck happened to creature design in the last 20 years?

i still dont get how guns didnt work in the first place, their faces are open like 90% of the time since its their only sensory organ

it didnt, the press was still printing for quite some time. its a neat movie but if you examine the stuff related to the monsters/armor in depth then it falls apart

The newspapers in the abandoned store have headlines that say "It's Sound!", suggesting that shit had already hit the fan long before anyone had figured what was going on. Not to mention humans are pretty noisy. I imagine earliest attacks would be widespread chaos. So much noise that it would be hard to pinpoint any of it as what's drawing them.

I'm not discrediting your point, but it's easy to forget with these kind of films that you're asking as a person who already knows what the monster is and how it works. It's similar to zombie movies. Yeah, we all know how to kill a zombie, and how they work, and what their weaknesses are. But, the characters have never heard of a zombie and are often left to figure it out while under constant threat.

In all other cases, pic related.

Attached: lizard.jpg (461x346, 98K)

Except the guns don't work unless the monsters are overloaded with sound leaving their ONE weak spot completely vulnerable. Remember it wasn't loud noises that caused them to open it up, it was high ass frequencies.

>Hell, explosives would do same or more db damage than a fucking battery powered ear booster
But it wasn't the noise, it was the frequency.

They did, you cunt. Try watching the movie, Zoomy.

its an interesting premise but their skin or "armor" seemed to be barely an inch thick. any kind of modern explosive would destroy these things. even if their armor isnt penetrated or broken, the concussive force from the bomb/blast would turn its insides into liquid
i get that its kinda nitpicking and i still enjoyed the movie despite this stuff, but it doesnt seem very believable

And Clark Kent could never run that fast while wearing shoes because they'd melt.

yeah, but supermans shoes are not important to the plot or the movie really. the creatures being near invincible is a big part of a quiet place and the movie concludes with a solution to their invulnerability

The thing that makes a zombie apocalypse slightly believable is that the monsters look like humans and the infection takes some time to run its course, so any stronghold could theoretically be overrun if even one infected individual made it in. In a case where the enemies are just heavily armored monsters, how the hell are they supposed to beat the military in a world where aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines exist?